Paulding.com

Hiram is top 50 ticket trap

The simplest way to prevent from getting a speeding ticket is to not speed.

I agree.Ain`t had a ticket in 25 years.Speed traps and redlight cams have no effect if you obey the law.Wonder why your kids break the law?You taught `em it was ok.Some of ya`.

I agree.Ain`t had a ticket in 25 years.Speed traps and redlight cams have no effect if you obey the law.Wonder why your kids break the law?You taught `em it was ok.Some of ya`.

How exactly is one getting a ticket and paying the ticket teaching your kids to break the law? Seems like it is more of a consequences type lesson is it not?

Every ticket I have gotten has been in Hiram,I was rubber necking and saw them pull a car over and thy pulled me over.I went to court and Officer Hill didn't show up and I got a rules violation instead.Stay away from the roller rink the speed goes down quick and there parked in Sparkles.

Got it. You need high technology to protect yourself from accidentally speeding while you willingly break the law by talking on your cell phone whilst driving. :good:

In Georgia, only teens are restricted from using a cellphone for conversation while driving. Texting while driving is illegal for all. Personally, I find having a cell phone conversation while driving is distracting and I rarely do it but I'm not in favor of making it illegal.

Lately, I'm not impressed with Paulding's government (Morrison's lawsuit, speed traps, extra 1% sales tax) so I am not traveling to Paulding to shop and bank. I'll do business in Cobb. Not that it's perfect, but I see no reason to provide benefit to Paulding's government.

just a warning the speed limit on bill carruth pkwy has been lowered to 35 mph in the construction zone .and the state patrol will be moving into the old water department building in the future .

Which building, the one on MacLand road, or the one on Bill Corrupt????

just a warning the speed limit on bill carruth pkwy has been lowered to 35 mph in the construction zone .and the state patrol will be moving into the old water department building in the future .

True dat! They're somewhere in that area everyday. I saw 2 different State Patrol with 2 different folks pulled over yesterday in Hiram.

But you know what, I've never minded being pulled over by a trooper. They are always respectful and they only pull you over if you're doing something wrong. Like speeding. My tickets have always been speeding and always by a trooper. Thank goodness since I retired and don't have to drive in the that maddening traffic anymore, I haven't had a ticket in years.

True dat! They're somewhere in that area everyday. I saw 2 different State Patrol with 2 different folks pulled over yesterday in Hiram.

But you know what, I've never minded being pulled over by a trooper. They are always respectful and they only pull you over if you're doing something wrong. Like speeding. My tickets have always been speeding and always by a trooper. Thank goodness since I retired and don't have to drive in the that maddening traffic anymore, I haven't had a ticket in years.

I'm retired, but I still don't like getting speeding tickets. And, I haven's gotten one sense I retired. The intimidation of going away from home, keeps me a home boy. I just stay right here and make love. :wub:

Edited by The Postman

And if it is speeding, it is really speeding, not just "let's write some tickets" speeding.

I have dealt with with good cops and I have dealt with bad cops.

Heck, in one case, I dealt with both at the same time.

A rookie had an older cop riding with him and the rookie was writing me a ticket for going 5mph over the speed limit. (I was only doing 5 over, but he was writing it for 11 over)

This was in the early 80's, at 11:30pm on a Sunday night on Roswell Rd.

Back then there wasn't any traffic on Roswell Rd from I-285 all the way north and since I worked the midnight shift in North Springs, I had learned that if you did 50mph, you could make all the lights.

If you did 45mph, the speed limit, you would hit every light, if you did over 50mph, again, you hit all the lights.

While the rookie was writing me the ticket, (which by the way, he wrote for 56mph instead of the 50mph I was actually doing), the older cop sat on his haunches at my open door and told me, "Sorry about this, he's new."

One last note, the cop never showed in court, in fact no one showed for court, including the judge and court people, and the case was dismissed.

I had to find someone to round up the judge, the court reporter, the bailiff and open the courtroom, just for me.

It was a hoot.

They did all by the book.

All rise. (I was the only all there)

Call the 1st case. (big courtroom, with just little ole me sitting in the front row)

The judge, the bailiff and the court reporter all had wide grins on their faces, they were enjoying it as much as I was.

It's my belief that the the police in these traps purposely inflate how much over the speed limit people are going. I've had several tickets, all of which were exactly 16 mph over the speed limit; I don't think that's a coincidence. When I asked the officers for documentation when their radar guns were calibrated, they rudely refused to provide me with that information. I don't mind being accountable for speeding, but I also want officers, that are paid through my tax dollars, to be honest and respectful.

:rofl: :rofl: You kill me! :lol:

It's my belief that the the police in these traps purposely inflate how much over the speed limit people are going. I've had several tickets, all of which were exactly 16 mph over the speed limit; I don't think that's a coincidence. When I asked the officers for documentation when their radar guns were calibrated, they rudely refused to provide me with that information. I don't mind being accountable for speeding, but I also want officers, that are paid through my tax dollars, to be honest and respectful.

:rofl: :rofl: You kill me! :lol:

One of my pet peeves is, if you are going to give me a lecture, don't give me a ticket, if you are going to give me a ticket, don't give me a lecture.

I will take one of the other, but don't give me both.

In fact, a strong case can be made the LE has no business lecturing the public in general, but I will accept a lecture if that is all I receive.

• Like 1

One of my pet peeves is, if you are going to give me a lecture, don't give me a ticket, if you are going to give me a ticket, don't give me a lecture.

I will take one of the other, but don't give me both.

In fact, a strong case can be made the LE has no business lecturing the public in general, but I will accept a lecture if that is all I receive.

ESPECIALLY about speeding!