Paulding.com

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME STORMS?

Obviously, the drive to work in the morning will probably be hellatious! Thank God I don't have to get out in it. Be careful out there.

They did say there is the possibility of tornados.

Storm threat intensifies overnight Monday - Tuesday morning
Updated: Oct 13, 2014 7:14 AM EDT

A storm system pushing in from the west is presenting a chance for severe weather in Georgia early this week. The timeframe of concern is early Tuesday morning, with possible severe thunderstorms affecting our region as early as 3 or 4am.

First things first -- today will be a mainly cloudy day, with one final afternoon of unseasonably warm temperatures. Expect a high in the lower 80s this afternoon, and it will be a bit breezy, too, with a strong inflow of warm, moist air from the south. This is coming ahead of that weather system, and the warm air will help destabilize the atmosphere and prepare us for possible severe storms.

As of right now, models put the line of strong storms moving into Georgia at least by 5am, if not a little earlier. These storms will pack very heavy rain, possible damaging winds, and even a few tornadoes can't be ruled out. The line will march east, likely affecting Metro Atlanta by late morning (8-10am) and then continuing eastward. By noon, the storms should be fizzling out, although we can't rule out the potential for a few more to develop a little later in the afternoon. Again, as of now, the best timeframe is early tomorrow morning, and continuing through late morning. Please keep a close eye on this forecast.

From FOX5 http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26769634/storm-threat-intensifies-overnight-monday-tuesday-morning

5140011_G.jpg

I am not happy about it. I have a ton of yard work to get done before I leave on the 20th for dad's. It is not often I need a lot of help in the garden but today is an exception :search: I should not have put it off and now I have a lot of stuff that needs to go in the ground and some that needs to go into pots. :sorry:

My husband has to drive to Hartsfield in the early a.m. hours on Tuesday. It's not the rain that is scarey. It's the fact that this rain is expected to come down so hard and fast that it will causes flooding on some streets and possible flash flooding. We are expecting 1-2 inches in a period of a few hours which can be dangerous. My car is a sports car and it becomes dangerous in that kind of standing water. Thankfully he drives his truck. We are also expected to have lightening, possible hail and possible tornadoes. There are at least 2 squall lines expected to blow through late Monday night through Tuesday night. Hopefully this front will bring us our permanent change into fall so we can get rid of these 80 degree temps.

Ooh, baby doll - I'm always ready for some storms! I LOVE storms. I do, however, realize I am in the extreme minority. But I'm also with MsGaStorm - good HEAVENS, but I'm ready for this hot weather to be out of here. Geez Louise!

• Like 1

Heavy thunderstorms?

Possible tornados?

IN OCTOBER????

wow

We always have storms and tornados in October, the weather is hot then the fronts come through and it gets cooler, sometimes cold.

We haven't even had a frost yet, and then we have to go through Indian Summer for a couple of weeks.

Ooh, baby doll - I'm always ready for some storms! I LOVE storms. I do, however, realize I am in the extreme minority. But I'm also with MsGaStorm - good HEAVENS, but I'm ready for this hot weather to be out of here. Geez Louise!

MEEEEE TOOOOO!!!! Who would have thought? :lol: Hubby has already been told to expect a long day tomorrow, I don't like that about storms, but the OT doesn't suck!

I LOVE Uncle Arthur. I have a boxed DVD set of Bewitched and there is one show where he tells Darren that there is a little witch in everyone and teaches him a spell to use on Endora. When Darren tries to use it, he looks like a fool and Uncle Arthur is laughing in the hallway and I swear it's genuine laughing that he's doing and not scripted. I'll see if I can find the clip

This is the only one I could find, but it doesn't show Uncle Arthur laughing and that's the best part.

.http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22Yagazuzy+uncle+arthur