Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Cannabis may not be as safe as some people think

I have never thought cannibals to be safe.

They get the muchies and want to eat you.

I actually had to double check the topic title.

Too funny.

I actually had to double check the topic title.

Too funny.

Nope, not funny. (well, not intentionally)

Bad reading, I thought this was about cannibals and didn't read the link because I wasn't up to reading about eating people tonight.

Nope, not funny. (well, not intentionally)

Bad reading, I thought this was about cannibals and didn't read the link because I wasn't up to reading about eating people tonight.

The only people that really eat people anymore are zombies.

And they won't be back until Oct 12th.

Before of after the football games?

Did the pharmaceutical companies fund this study?

They should take this data and compare it to pain pills a alcohol for a real perspective.

I will be serving this delightful buffet.

post-5399-0-76281500-1412737605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've always believed that pot was a dangerous drug. The article states that it is mind altering. I wonder if that has happened to libs like TP?

That report is total horsecheeze. I don't advocate the recreational use of pot. I sure as heck don't want my grandkids to be trying the stuff. But let's be real here. I grew up in the hippie days. We smoked as much of the stuff as anyone. Rock concerts at the Omni and Fulton County Stadium were usually so smoky that you could barely see the stage. And a small percentage of those people turned out to be addicts but the majority of us turned out to be productive citizens.

The article actually reminds me of REEFER MADNESS. Cannabis is not harmless but it is not nearly as big a drain on society as alcohol and tobacco.

• Like 3

That report is total horsecheeze. I don't advocate the recreational use of pot. I sure as heck don't want my grandkids to be trying the stuff. But let's be real here. I grew up in the hippie days. We smoked as much of the stuff as anyone. Rock concerts at the Omni and Fulton County Stadium were usually so smoky that you could barely see the stage. And a small percentage of those people turned out to be addicts but the majority of us turned out to be productive citizens.

The article actually reminds me of REEFER MADNESS. Cannabis is not harmless but it is not nearly as big a drain on society as alcohol and tobacco.

I agree and like you I won't be advocating it's use. But come on, pot is surely the lesser of all the evils. Scare tactics and fear mongering don't work with me and that's not directed at the OP, but the writers of the article.

And for the record, I keep reading, 'Cannibals may not be as harmless as some people think'. :lol:

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 2

The article is out of the UK. What do they know?

If it was good enough for the Indians then it's good enough for me.

• Like 2

I have been doing intensive research on the subject for some thirty years now. I have not yet concluded whether cannabis is harmful or not. I can't remember anything on my research. I gotta run, I'm feeling hungry all of a sudden. :crazy:

JK

• Like 1

Harmless is a relative word in my book. I don't think will harm you long term, but I keep hearing from pro pot people that it makes you so mellow, calms your stress, things don't get under your skin so easily. OK, fine. But that also means to me that your reflexes are slower and you may not react as fast as would if you weren't high. Impaired is impaired, whether it's alcohol, pot, heroin or Rx drugs. That's the one thing that bothers me about the places that it has become legal. I think in a lot of peoples minds, they don't equate pot smoking with drinking. Is there going to be a new law against smoking and driving?

• Like 1

Harmless is a relative word in my book. I don't think will harm you long term, but I keep hearing from pro pot people that it makes you so mellow, calms your stress, things don't get under your skin so easily. OK, fine. But that also means to me that your reflexes are slower and you may not react as fast as would if you weren't high. Impaired is impaired, whether it's alcohol, pot, heroin or Rx drugs. That's the one thing that bothers me about the places that it has become legal. I think in a lot of peoples minds, they don't equate pot smoking with drinking. Is there going to be a new law against smoking and driving?

To my knowledge there is a law for driving while impaired, whether that comes from alcohol or other drugs.

I would think that in those states you will see more people arrested for driving while impaired on pot, but I also think it is harder to prove they are impaired from pot than alcohol.

I could be wrong about all of this, but that is my understanding at this time.

I still have to wonder about the trend for making smoking cigarettes more and more illegal and making pot more and more legal?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

• Like 1

To my knowledge there is a law for driving while impaired, whether that comes from alcohol or other drugs.

I would think that in those states you will see more people arrested for driving while impaired on pot, but I also think it is harder to prove they are impaired from pot than alcohol.

I could be wrong about all of this, but that is my understanding at this time.

I still have to wonder about the trend for making smoking cigarettes more and more illegal and making pot more and more legal?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

That is also an issue, because there is no roadside test like a breathalizer.(sp) to administer to someone who is impaired and the time lapse between arrest and a blood test could be crucial in proving that they were actually impaired when they were arrested.