Paulding.com

Clark Howard on his 5:45 p.m. audio blurb on WSB yesterday weighed in on Delta's opposition to commercial airline service in Paulding County. He said the airline is being hypocritical by opposing the establishment of commercial service (and funding opposition against it) in Paulding, but complaining about their company being forced out of the second commercial airport serving Dallas, Texas. In short, Howard took them to task for complaining about the city of Dallas' move to reduce competition, yet have been working to reduce competition in their own backyard here in our own little city of Dallas.

I couldn't find a direct link to the Clark Howard clip, but here is someone who shared it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/yourvastephanie/posts/10204419924725459

And here's more on Delta and Dallas Love Field:

Delta Air Lines directed to leave Dallas Love Field http://www.ajc.com/news/business/delta-directed-to-leave-dallas-love-field/nhYct/

Edited to add: (If anyone finds a direct link to the Clark Howard update from yesterday, I'll edit my post to include it.)

Edited by Nice Green
  • Like 2
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey folks   I don't give a rat's butt what some talking head thinks is going on in a county where they do not live,   Elected officials had better listen to their constituents(you know,the people

Anybody can claim they've talked to hundreds of people and I've seen soooo many of you anti-airport folks vehemely proclaim that you speak for majority of Paulding County. Then you go on bragging how

I'm thinking Mr. Howard should be required to produce hard evidence about "Delta" and the Paulding Airport. I guess no one bothered to hear that many are opposed to commercialization for "legitimate"

Wow - EVERYONE in Paulding County needs to listen to this audio clip all the way through. Clark Howard nails it about the Paulding Airport and Delta conflicts!

Clark Howard is obviously well respected and trusted and he knows his stuff. I'm so glad he is not afraid to stand up and tell it like it is! This audio clip really tells the story. SHAME ON DELTA.

• Like 2

Wow - EVERYONE in Paulding County needs to listen to this audio clip all the way through. Clark Howard nails it about the Paulding Airport and Delta conflicts!

Clark Howard is obviously well respected and trusted and he knows his stuff. I'm so glad he is not afraid to stand up and tell it like it is! This audio clip really tells the story. SHAME ON DELTA.

It amazes me that he implicates Delta for fighting the airport's commercialization, but commercialization opponents on here say the airline isn't funding their fight. Wonder why no one here is refuting that statement?

I will have to listen later, when I am ready.

Clark's voice annoys me, but mother just loves him.

My mother knows his assistant or call screener or what ever that lady that was or is still is on the radio with him.

I think her name starts with a B.

It amazes me that he implicates Delta for fighting the airport's commercialization, but commercialization opponents on here say the airline isn't funding their fight. Wonder why no one here is refuting that statement?

I think I know why. :)

I will have to listen later, when I am ready.

Clark's voice annoys me, but mother just loves him.

My mother knows his assistant or call screener or what ever that lady that was or is still is on the radio with him.

I think her name starts with a B.

Really,........you should listen as it is very, very interesting.

And I will threaten not to bring you Klondike bars if you don't listen. :)

Yes, Clark's voice can be annoying but he hits the nail on the head in this audio clip.

Yes, Clark's voice can be annoying but he hits the nail on the head in this audio clip.

I will listen, I just have to prepare myself.

Heath bar, oreo and regular Klondike bars? :)

Clark really does a "spot on" commentary and Paulding Airport and Delta's opposition to it.

Sugar free, don't tell the wife.

I have to buy and eat them when she is not around.

Some men sneak out to be with women, some to gamble, some to drink, some to use drugs...me I get ice cream. :(

I make my own choices and have done well , not bragging some of his ideas are flawed but I think most folks would and should take note of his advice..

Yep - he is just a little "frugal" but gives some good advice.

My husband and I have this running joke that we know we haven't saved as much money as we should in a given time period when one or the other of us turns Clark Howard off on the radio. That guilty conscience thing comes into play when I hear his voice during those particular times. :)

• Like 1

I'm thinking Mr. Howard should be required to produce hard evidence about "Delta" and the Paulding Airport. I guess no one bothered to hear that many are opposed to commercialization for "legitimate" reasons.

Everyone knows Clark Howard is a radio personality, his job is to sensationalize what he's talking about.

• Like 4

There is no way that Clark Howard would have reported as he did on this story unless he had the facts at hand and KNEW what he was talking about. His is the most credible voice I have heard to date talking about this subject.

I just emailed him and asked how he KNEW this.

I just e-mailed Clark Howard and told him thank you for his speaking out on this issue.

Thank goodness we have people like him that actually speak with common sense, intelligence and forethought. I am glad there are still people like him in the world that have the confidence and courage to speak out against large corporations. Kudos to Clark!

• Like 1

Hey folks

I don't give a rat's butt what some talking head thinks is going on in a county where they do not live,

Elected officials had better listen to their constituents(you know,the people they represent)

If that is the way you feel, you should tell Delta the same thing. :)

• Like 2

Hey folks

I don't give a rat's butt what some talking head thinks is going on in a county where they do not live,

Elected officials had better listen to their constituents(you know,the people they represent)

Too late for that message. Some have been replaced the others will be in the next election. That is my opinion. Clark can say that Delta is behind this if he wants. When he can prove it is the time he should have opened his mouth and not before.

• Like 3

That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Its comical that you feel you need to "shift the focus" on something that has no relevance as to this particular issue.

And maybe Delta has nothing to do with the Stop billboards or the lawyers for the thousands that are against the airport

• Like 2

I personally think what Clark Howard and Delta think are irrelevant to this discussion. I don't mind either of them weighing in, but I do not think their input should outweigh the concerns/opinions of local residents.

• Like 4

I personally think what Clark Howard and Delta think are irrelevant to this discussion. I don't mind either of them weighing in, but I do not think their input should outweigh the concerns/opinions of local residents.

Not to mention the amount of taxpayer money the county is spending to defend their grandiose schemes! Tell me again how much they paid Holland & Knight to keep the Morrison's out of court?

• Like 1

So you've heard about the canal from the gulf to fill up the reservoir I see.........That Todd,can't keep nothing secret.

You said it, I didn't! :lol:

Not to mention the amount of taxpayer money the county is spending to defend their grandiose schemes! Tell me again how much they paid Holland & Knight to keep the Morrison's out of court?

It is actually very simple - the county has to defend lawsuits. What do you want them to do when they believe they are right? Roll over and play dead?

• Like 1

I'm thinking Mr. Howard should be required to produce hard evidence about "Delta" and the Paulding Airport. I guess no one bothered to hear that many are opposed to commercialization for "legitimate" reasons.

Everyone knows Clark Howard is a radio personality, his job is to sensationalize what he's talking about.

Clark Howard is a WELL RESPECTED...CONSUMER ADVOCATE...he does not "sensationalize" anything!

What part of Paulding County does Clark live in?

WHAT does this matter...WHAT PART does the little AJC reporter that "sucks up" to the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group live in? or the Channel 46 reporter?

I will only say this.

When you are doing something that affects anything that involves a law that is named the Davis-Bacon Act, you better be careful !!

Bacon is nothing to mess with, it is a gift from the gods.

• Like 4

You said it, I didn't! :lol:

It is actually very simple - the county has to defend lawsuits. What do you want them to do when they believe they are right? Roll over and play dead?

Come on BB, why else would the BoC spend more than $1,500,000....yeah, one and a Half million dollars to prevent any courtroom testimony pertinent to the cases from ever reaching the inside of the courtroom???

If they were in the right, simply do discovery and go to trial. But to spend that kind of tax payer money to stop any testimony, or dirty laundry from being aired out in a courtroom has deprived us of our first amendment rights as per the constitution. And the cases could have been settled for far less than what the BoC pissed away with their lawyers.

Of course there were/ have been substantial direct and 2nd party campaign donations come back to Paulding politicians from Holland & Knight.

• Like 2

Come on BB, why else would the BoC spend more than $1,500,000....yeah, one and a Hal million dollars to prevent any courtroom testimony pertinent to the cases from ever reaching the inside of the courtroom???

If they were in the right, simply do duscovery and go to trial. But to spend that kind if tax payer money to stop any testimony, or dirty laundry from being aired out in a courtroom has deprived us of our first amendment rights as per the constitution. And the cases could have been settled for far less than what the pissed away with their lawyers.

Of course there were/ have been substantial direct and 2nd party campaign donations come back to Paulding politicians from Holland & Knight.

See win or lose in court, the lawyers and their staff get paid. It's beneficial to law firms to keep litigation going.

Lawyers are paid to delay, delay, delay. With each delay, it wears you down.

There are many good attorneys who know how to get around this tactic but they are with the type of firms that have a reputation to protect.

Being involved with a court case is all about the money and when you go up against an entity like a county government you can expect to have your clock cleaned.

The one who advises a client to sue the county is the one at question, to me anyway.

• Like 1

I just emailed him and asked how he KNEW this.

If you can't find out on your own, is he really going to tell anyone his sources?

Is this the same person that is Chairman of the Airport Authority?

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/19628280/company-accused-of

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?

What part of Paulding County does Clark live in?

What difference does it make where he lives? You can't comment on anything that doesn't happen in your own community? Then I guess we should stop talking about Ferguson, Missouri and the middle east.

• Like 1

I have not responded till now because I just had a chance to listen to his program on this subject.

I was in agreement with him when he said citizens do have legitimate Beefs & Gripes.

I am in disagreement with him when he said Delta IS Funding Big Money Lawyers. If he had said he & others "Speculate" Delta is Funding Big Money Lawyers, I would respect his opinion. NO ONE knows for a fact who is paying for the 6 Paulding Residents Attorney's. Several of the residents have sworn under oath they do not know who is paying Mr. McKnight & others. I myself while back tried to get this information out of some of the Paulding 6 for my own satisfaction and I honestly believe they got calls offering help and the benefactors wanted to remain anonymous.

Recently it was stated in a BOC meeting Delta IS paying for the billboards. On that subject, I know Delta IS NOT paying for the billboards and I know for a fact who IS paying for billboards. Local citizens are TOTALLY paying for the billboards.

On the subject of the attorney's I know local citizens have offered to contribute to assist with funding the work, the Paulding 6 members I have talked too do NOT know where contributions can be sent.

All said... There is a big difference in "Speculating" & "Knowing".

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 3

It sure seems to me the county is still using the same play book... I haven't seen the least bit of interest by the county leadership to desire to try to work something out. I have the same opinion I had about the Morrison's case... When there is a meeting of the minds... The hourly billing STOPS.

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 2

I have not responded till now because I just had a chance to listen to his program on this subject.

I was in agreement with him when he said citizens do have legitimate Beefs & Gripes.

I am in disagreement with him when he said Delta IS Funding Big Money Lawyers. If he had said he & others "Speculate" Delta is Funding Big Money Lawyers, I would respect his opinion. NO ONE knows for a fact who is paying for the 6 Paulding Residents Attorney's. Several of the residents have sworn under oath they do not know who is paying Mr. McKnight & others. I myself while back tried to get this information out of some of the Paulding 6 for my own satisfaction and I honestly believe they got calls offering help and the benefactors wanted to remain anonymous.

Recently it was stated in a BOC meeting Delta IS paying for the billboards. On that subject, I know Delta IS NOT paying for the billboards and I know for a fact who IS paying for billboards. Local citizens are TOTALLY paying for the billboards.

On the subject of the attorney's I know local citizens have offered to contribute to assist with funding the work, the Paulding 6 members I have talked too do NOT know where contributions can be sent.

All said... There is a big difference in "Speculating" & "Knowing".

Yep time to make the monthly contribution for the Bill boards, maybe we can collect enough this month for some additional billboards?

• Like 1

You ALWAYS know why.

Combs and Clarks WSB challenge won't get off the ground.

BTW BB.

You know so much about everything airport. You were pro from the get go. You and your friends wrote Todd to state your opinion on what? Pro?

Yes, if I were a betting woman, I would lay down money that you went pro commercial service. Am I right?

Was that BEFORE or AFTER you were appointed by David Austin to represent the citizens on the steering committee?

• Like 1