Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Mrs G

FREE FOOD FOR THOSE IN NEED!

A USDA/TEFAP Mobile Mass Distribution food pantry in partnership with the Atlanta Community Food Bank, in conjunction with Helping Hands will be held on Tuesday September 30th, 2014 at New Season Church, located at 4457 Atlanta Highway, Hiram, Ga from 10:30-2:30 Church is to the right of Clark Funeral Home. FREE FOOD, while quantities last--first come, first served. No documentation required. The Income Guidelines are as follows: I checked 7 different web pages and they all showed the same figures. I checked, just to be sure, the guidelines were accurate.

http://www.dhs.ri.gov/Portals/0/Uploads/Documents/Public/General%20DHS/FPL.pdf

Thanks for putting the info out there Mrs. G!

I hope those who really need this food hear about this wonderful give-away.

Thanks for passing this along to us to share.

Just curious...if no documentation is required why the link to income guidelines?

Because it IS a federal program and the people wanting the free food, will have to sign a federal document stating that they are indeed low income. They still have to fall within the Income Guidelines. This is going kinda on the honor system......... if you lie about your income, that is on YOU and God!!! I really don't believe in Karma but, when you lie, it WILL come back on you and besides, the Lord knows who is being deceitful!!!! I have NO PATIENCE for people lying and/or being deceitful, either!!!!

Because it IS a federal program and the people wanting the free food, will have to sign a federal document stating that they are indeed low income. They still have to fall within the Income Guidelines. This is going kinda on the honor system......... if you lie about your income, that is on YOU and God!!! I really don't believe in Karma but, when you lie, it WILL come back on you and besides, the Lord knows who is being deceitful!!!! I have NO PATIENCE for people lying and/or being deceitful, either!!!!

Thank you for the reply. The bolded information will be helpful to those who are not familiar with the process.

• Like 1

Here are the stats for the USDA/TEFAP Food Give-a-away, If anyone on pcom, volunteered, THANK YOU!!! I enjoyed getting out of the house, although I did get a sunburn...OUCH!!! I had a list of the items that was given out but I can't find it at this moment. I intended on posting what it was. When I find it, I will post!! AGAIN, THANKS TO ALL, WHO TOOK TIME OUT OF YOUR DAY TO VOLUNTEER!! GOD BLESS YOU, ALL!!!

County # Households # People in Households

Paulding 330 1095

Cobb 16 53

Haralson 1 7

Douglas 7 29

Jones 1 3

Polk 1 2

Carroll 2 7

Fulton 1 6

Dekalb 1 1

TOTAL 360 1203

Thanks for all the hard work.

I tried to make a list of what all was given out in the food give-a-way on Tuesday but, not 100% sure I got everything written down, correctly. I had to leave early, to go see the Dr.

2- Orange Juice 64 oz

4- Cranberry Juice concentrate 12 oz cans

4- Cranberry Sauce 15 oz cans

1- Lowfat 1% milk (I didn't get the particulars on this item)

2- Northern Beans 15 oz cans

1- Oatmeal (I didn't get the particulars on this item)

3- Elbow Macaroni 16 oz packages

1- White Corn Grits (maybe a 5 lb bag)

4- Chopped Spinach 15 oz cans

2- Grape Juice 64 oz

5- Tomato Sauce 15 oz

4- Spaghetti Sauce (I didn't get the particulars on this item)

2- Cream of Chicken Soup carton (32 oz ??)

4- Vegetarian Beans 15 oz cans

It was pproximately 78 lbs per Family

I may have missed something but, I checked all four tables and wrote down what I saw. It was a pretty good turnout. There were plenty of Volunteers and it was fun!!! I can now, be called a REDNECK!! I got sunburned, on my neck and chest and a little bit on my arms. Not too bad, though. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HELPED MAKE THIS A SUCCESS AND TO NEW SEASON, FOR HOSTING THE EVENT!!!

• Like 1

When we left at 1:20, the number of cars was at about 240. I'm not sure what time they actually closed the line and quit handing out the bags of food. I just love working these food drives!!!!

When we left at 1:20, the number of cars was at about 240. I'm not sure what time they actually closed the line and quit handing out the bags of food. I just love working these food drives!!!!

They closed at 2:30 . There was a miscommunication at church so I was in the church office telling people on the phone we closed at 4:30. Boy, did I feel terrible with moms calling me needing food. But there were so many blessed by that food distribution; thank you Helping Hands!!