Paulding.com

Woman topic - the lovely mammogram

No doubt in my mind that this machine was invented by a man about 50 years ago and never improved upon.

Just curious. When men are checked for prostate cancer; do they flatten (and i mean vice clamps) their testicles between two flat surfaces? First; just facing forward? And then there is the "side" view; coming in from the side and turning them sideways?

Happy dad gum Friday. :wacko:

• Like 1

No doubt in my mind that this machine was invented by a man about 50 years ago and never improved upon.

Just curious. When men are checked for prostate cancer; do they flatten (and i mean vice clamps) their testicles between two flat surfaces? First; just facing forward? And then there is the "side" view; coming in from the side and turning them sideways?

well if its any comfort.....men can get breast cancer too....sooooooo don't you think they should have a mammogram too :pardon:

• Like 1

I've always said that if prostate cancer were detected by such a method as mammograms, there would be a magical Dr. McCoy-like (Star Trek) device that you could wave over the patient for diagnosis created and on the market within days. ;)

• Like 5

Oh darn.....why did you have to go and remind me I need to do this? :)

I hate, hate, hate getting a mammogram. It hurts. It hurts like hell. And yeah, it's over in about 10 minutes, but I dread it. But I do it, every year.

I just really wish they had some kind of a blood test like the PSA they have for men.

I assure you there's no way men would allow their balls to be pressed between two glass plates, hince the blood test. At least they get the proverbial finger stuck in the forbidden, humiliating place.

If being uncomfortable for a bit by having my boob mashed between two pieces of glass could prevent me from dying from breast cancer, I'm not going to complain.

Good for you! a few minutes of discomfort is worth every second of it! believe me a mastectomy and rounds of chemo is a beach...but Im still upright! eight years and counting!

• Like 5

Good for you! a few minutes of discomfort is worth every second of it! believe me a mastectomy and rounds of chemo is a beach...but Im still upright! eight years and counting!

YAAAAAAAAAAY! It's good to hear positive stories! I saw my mom go through it and it sucks. I'm all about prevention.

just making light of it; i know we all agree to your comment

I know and you're right about a blood test, you'd think as much as they can do these days, medically, that would have been invented by now.

God bless you!!! That is awesome news. My own precious mother is 17 years cancer-free and counting. Woo hoo!!!

When I had mine done, it didn't phase me. It didn't hurt at all, nor was it uncomfortable.

Me, either. It can be a bit uncomfortable, but it's never really bothered me.

If being uncomfortable for a bit by having my boob mashed between two pieces of glass could prevent me from dying from breast cancer, I'm not going to complain.

^ getting a letter in the rmail a bit later is SO great too!

God bless you!!! That is awesome news. My own precious mother is 17 years cancer-free and counting. Woo hoo!!!

Me, either. It can be a bit uncomfortable, but it's never really bothered me.

This is the most painful one that I have had. Others were uncomfortable; this one hurt! But to me that means the tech is being very thorough.

• Like 1

another thing is if you have fiber cystic breast or very dense tissue it will hurt a little more

Yes, it will. I really hate to have it done. But, this year there was a mass found. Thanking God that the biopsy came back negative.

• Like 5

I am a 10 year breast cancer survivor. Mine was found in a yearly mammogram. Mine was early stage but would have been very late stage by the time it could have been found by touch.. I still had chemo and radiaton. The mammogram has never been as uncomfortable as hearing the C word. I LOVE having those mammo's and actually would be happy for them to smash harder for that long 15 seconds to find anything else earlier again!!! :)

• Like 7