Paulding.com

Where to find Miso at the grocery store?

I believe that you will have to find it in DRY form in the asian section if you are going to find it at all. I've not seen it in a paste form which I'm most familar with.

I'm looking for rice paper and am going to have to go to the "asian" store in Douglasville to see if they have it. My only other choices are to go over to "EAST SIDE" of Atlanta (Dekalb county) and hit up one of their stores or order it by internet. I'm trying to go next week to Douglasville and will try to remember what you are looking for and let you know if they have anything.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Miso is Japanesse.

Sounds very yummy!

I love Miso soup :)

Whole Foods probably would have it - I don't remember seeing it around here expect as a dry soup mix already prepared. True Miso comes in different types.

I hope you find it.

Oops, I didn't realise that the one across from Dollar Tree in Marietta is a Muslim grocery store.

There are not many oriental stores in the Marietta/CobbCo area, so you would probably have to head over to Atlanta, NorFul, DeKCo, GwinCo, etc.

Edited by Brian

Harry's/whole foods used to have it.

Buford highway has a cooler case devoted.

Colors, aged, types, etc. I get the one that comes in a 1 liter container with a hinged lid, with a vacuum bag of Red miso. It will keep in the fridge well closed, for ever. Tablespoon or 2 in a quart if wAter.

Dashi and Bonita flakes. Some dried seaweed like you roll up sushi in, scallions and you have half a meal. Cheap and good for you.

There is an Asian (mostly Japanese) grocer in the shopping center at the corner of 41 and Windy Hill. They have it. My girlfriend buys hers there. And she didn't find any at Whole Food (Harry's).

Edited by MrsB

there is an oriental grocery store near southern tech named dong bang -- it is actually behind the dairy queen on that side road near corner of 41 and marietta parkway

Not positive but the last time I was by that corner I think Dong Bang had closed. I bought green tea powder in there once for a recipe. Try calling Nature's Corner @ 678-833-5916. They are near the intersection of Due West/Kennesaw Due West/Acworth Due West Roads in Marietta (west Cobb).

• Like 1

I believe that you will have to find it in DRY form in the asian section if you are going to find it at all. I've not seen it in a paste form which I'm most familar with.

I'm looking for rice paper and am going to have to go to the "asian" store in Douglasville to see if they have it. My only other choices are to go over to "EAST SIDE" of Atlanta (Dekalb county) and hit up one of their stores or order it by internet. I'm trying to go next week to Douglasville and will try to remember what you are looking for and let you know if they have anything.

GOOD LUCK!!!

^ I went to the store in Douglasville.

It is mostly Indian with some south asian selections too. Got my rice paper!!

They didn't have Miso - out of their "area" of specialty.

HEY SUREPIP --- they have all kinds of indian spices (pre ground and other wise, blends too), lots of selections of rice & lentils. I'm sure they have other things you would love too. I did find bitter melon and curry and ghee and a couple of other items I am very pleased with. Thought I'd let you know as it is at least a bit closer than Buford Road :)

The store is in the same shopping center as JoAnn's in Douglasville.