Paulding.com

So I've had sciatic pain off and on in my right hip every since I was pregnant with my son 22 years ago.

The last year it's really begun to bother me more and more. Like everyday. :lol:

Well yesterday my big booty slipped and fell in the garage and now it's VERY painful.

Hurts to stand or walk and I'm even experiencing some numbness in my right leg down into my foot and toes.

Anyone dealt with this that has some suggestions?

I second the idea of seeing someone. They may not be able to cure it, but you may gain some insight into helping things feel better. Mother's dr. told her not to let the numbness go because that could become permanent if not treated.

When hers is really bad, he prescribes a low-dose steroid - you take them for five or six days in descending quantities. Has worked like a charm every time she's used them. Gets rid of the inflammation and gives the area time to get better. You can only take them once every six months, but she hasn't needed them more than that.

• Like 1

So I've had sciatic pain off and on in my right hip every since I was pregnant with my son 22 years ago.

The last year it's really begun to bother me more and more. Like everyday. :lol:

Well yesterday my big booty slipped and fell in the garage and now it's VERY painful.

Hurts to stand or walk and I'm even experiencing some numbness in my right leg down into my foot and toes.

Anyone dealt with this that has some suggestions?

go get a MRI or a CT make sure nothing got cracked or broken...sounds very painful hope u feel better soon!

The only thing that helped mine was walking. Hurt like blazes at first, but got better. Since I started doing the treadmill 4-5 times a week, I've hd no problems.

Mother's dr. told her the same thing; he said the movement back and forth helps align everything correctly. I've also heard the same about horseback riding.

• Like 1

I just thought of something else I do that helps my back almost every time. The first part of it is that I stretch daily...I'm so not into exercise ( :blush: ) but I start stretching even before I get out of bed. I stretch every way I can think of. I do a lot of stretching and holding...I stretch one leg out and put the hand from that same side on my foot, and hold for 20-30 seconds. Then I do it with the other side and so on. I can touch my palms to the floor now that I've been doing it so long. Another stretch I do is when I'm standing up, I bend my knees slightly and then bend over...I can feel my back stretching to its proper place.

The second part is that I focus on my posture. I am a sloucher by nature, esp. if I'm sitting. But in pictures of stylish people, I noticed that their posture is excellent. I read somewhere that to have perfect posture, imagine you're a puppet and that a puppeteer is pulling a string at the back of your neck. This string elongates your spine and causes your head to fall into its proper place looking forward with the chin slightly down. I've done this while driving a car when my back was hurting, and first thing I knew, it was not hurting any longer.

These things are probably part of things like martial arts and yoga, but I've never gone to the trouble to find out.

Mother's dr. told her the same thing; he said the movement back and forth helps align everything correctly. I've also heard the same about horseback riding.

Exactly! The motion will naturally align stuff. But it hurts like hades for ahwile.

Several years ago I turned funny picking something up. After a day or so, my hip started hurting and, like you, my toes would tingle and feel numb. Someone suggested to go to her chiropractor and I did that for a couple of months. Maybe I am just different, but chiropractic did nothing for me. It seemingly got worse to the point of barely being able to mash the gas pedal. I had a herniated disc in my lower back. I did end up going to an orthopedist and received injections for the pain and also did physical therapy. I went through this treatment a couple of times, but it still was not getting better. After about two years of living with this intense pain and trying to work, I went to Georgia Bone and Joint in Cartersville and saw Dr. Cha. After trying physical therapy again, I ended up having to have back surgery. They shaved off the bulging part of the disc to relieve the nerve pressure. I won't say that I am completely pain free, but it is 99 times better than it was. I am one that had multiple issues with my back; I had the bulging disc, one of my vertebrae had been cracked at some point, and I also have 4 vertebrae that have absolutely no discs left in them, not to mention arthritis all in my back. Dr. Cha told me that I have the spine of a smoker even though I have never smoked.

Thanks ya'll.

My hip is just killing me. And the pain radiates all the way down my right leg into my foot.

ugh..............

My hip is the part of me that hurts most often and most severely when my back is acting up. :(

Wonder if any chiropractor can see me Monday.

It's going to be at least a week before I can schedule to go see a doc. :(

I hate that you're hurting so much. I hope you can find a chiro to fit you in Monday. Let me know if you need anything. :wub:

Wonder if any chiropractor can see me Monday.

It's going to be at least a week before I can schedule to go see a doc. :(

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Jason Vaughn. He is at 92 and East Paulding. He's not a commerce member so I can't post his contact info. PM me and I'll give it to you or you can Google "Vaughn Chiropractic" in Dallas, GA and it will pop up.

He's easy on the eyes, too. :wub: He will do xrays before he sees you, too.

• Like 1

I hate that you're hurting so much. I hope you can find a chiro to fit you in Monday. Let me know if you need anything. :wub:

You're too sweet!

Guard Dad was correct.

Walking seems to help. I sit down and it really starts to hurt.

I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Jason Vaughn. He is at 92 and East Paulding. He's not a commerce member so I can't post his contact info. PM me and I'll give it to you or you can Google "Vaughn Chiropractic" in Dallas, GA and it will pop up.

He's easy on the eyes, too. :wub: He will do xrays before he sees you, too.

Thanks!

I'll check them out.

Chiro didn't help mine at all. But I suspect that depends on the individual situation.

Getcha a treadmill or find a convenient place to walk. I've had zero problems since I started exercizing and walking. And it helps to offset my overeating. :crazy:

Call Donna at Dr. Vaughn's office. I've never known him to turn away someone in pain. Tell her that his paulding.com ladies recommended him - he knows who we are. And, he's definitely a serious case of eye candy!! And, he has an excellent massage therapist that is quite reasonable in price. No a spa massage therapist - definitely more of a sports type. But, she's good!!

• Like 1