Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
HardwareDJ

Officer's version of Ferguson shooting revealed

I want to know when and where pubby received his degree in Forensic Science.

Look a the diagram of where the shots hit. See how the diagram shows the man standing with his palms outward? Now there was one witness who said Brown turned around and said, "What are you going to do, shoot me," before rushing the officer. What's to say that if this witness is right, that Brown was gesturing with his palms facing outward, which is not uncommon when someone stands there and says, "What?"

The shot to the top of the head could have occurred by Brown bending forward or possibly Brown stumbling and falling forward. If Brown was down on the ground and shot in the head, the round would have struck at the back of the head.

If Brown's hands were up in the air, then of his shots were high and to the right if he was shooting center mass as trained.

My point is this, there are a lot of variables that could have occurred. There conflicting witness reports; some say Brown rushed the officer and other say Brown was trying to surrender. Some witnesses have said Brown was shot while running away, but all the entry wounds discount those statements.

With all these conflicts and variables that we know about, it can't be determined if Brown was shot in self-defense or if he was murdered. To even suggest a trial should be held if no charges are brought against the officer is ludicrous. You can't try some body in court without charging him with a crime.

I find it disgusting there are those here who claim to support the Constitution, but already have the officer determined to be guilty. By law you're innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

It seems all too common today to see videos of police officers taken by bystanders as the police are doing something. With all the people in that housing complex not one video has been produced capturing what really happened, but lots of videos were produced that were recorded after the fact. I just find that a little odd.

Perhaps a video was taken that showed exactly what happened, but the person doesn't come forward with it because it shows Brown being shot as he rushes the officer and that person like a few here want that officer to be guilty because they hate white cops. Who the heck knows?

I don't claim to be a forensic scientist but I am a friend of physics.

What you need to realize is that there were ten or more shots fired; at least four missed their mark. Are they in the pavement 40-60 yards behind the youth - the location you'd expect the rounds to be given an officer firing from shoulder high to mid torso ... i.e. the trajectory would be slightly downward.

Or are the bullets lodged in the exterior of a tree or house that show a general trajectory of shoulder high to shoulder high on a taller person making those locations - slightly elevated from the scene on the street - to be where those four unimpeded bullets rest.

Said a little differently, in the pavement behind the youth ... it begins to look like a good shoot. ... In the house behind the shoot ... it begins to look like the hands are raised and the officer is going for a head shot.

What does the evidence show?

Like you pointed out, I'm not a forensics expert so I can't say from the wound evidence shows the youth had his hands up ... unless there is a bullet found in a nearby house at a slightly elevated angle from the scene.

Again, we don't have the evidence ... all we see are fragments of the evidence that frankly, could go either way. It is way to soon to determine if the guy is guilty or innocent.

I think a better analogy of where most folks are is based on the notion this kind of thing - a cop shooting and killing an unarmed man - is really not supposed to happen kind of like a 777 airliner is not supposed to crash in downtown Dallas Georgia.

So when it does, you say, what happened?

The problem with the regular police agencies investigating these things is like entrusting the investigation of the accident of the airliner to the manufacturer or airline ... they have a vested interest in them not being at fault.

Many police - not all police - but especially the most ambitious police recognize privilege of politicians, superiors and there is often privilege extended across jurisdictions. There are also classes of people - typically the poor and middle class - who are not provided much in the way of privilege by the police. Certainly making that case doesn't not imply that agency A on such and such a date is absolutely going to suppress evidence to protect officer y ... but it has happened often enough to be a serious consideration for those who seek truth and justice.

Indeed, the Col. Jessup diatribe against the truth - you can't handle the truth - is as germane to the cop in the inner city as it is to military brass in regard to Guantanamo.

Understanding the concept presented - you can't handle the truth - is behind the conflation of the riots and other activities that erupted after the shooting and as a result of the shooting. That kind of lawlessness, I understand, is the fear but frankly, that fear is based on your prejudice against the poor.

I've seen enough of the poor to know that while there are bad actors out there, most of them want nothing but respect. It is your fear that is clouding your vision.

pubby

..........to suppress evidence to protect officer y Hillary Clinton or Lois Lerner or Eric Holder or B Hussein Obama... but it has happened often enough to be a serious consideration for those who seek truth and justice.

pubby

FIFY

I've noted that you haven't been ranting about "Fast and Furious" or Benghazi or IRS targeting Tea Party members. So, why should anyone take seriously your quest for "truth and justice"? Probably because those scandals don't jibe with your blind partisanship, eh?

BTW, you left out "and the American Way", there, Superman.

• Like 1

FIFY

I've noted that you haven't been ranting about "Fast and Furious" or Benghazi or IRS targeting Tea Party members. So, why should anyone take seriously your quest for "truth and justice"? Probably because those scandals don't jibe with your blind partisanship, eh?

BTW, you left out "and the American Way", there, Superman.

There have been numerous congressional hearings with the persons being grilled being under oath ... and those circumstances didn't return a true bill ... but what are you bitching about. I didn't take any of your rants down.

BTW: You know that your congress - the 231 Republican members - constitute a majority and if those things are so egregious the remedy is to impeach. I think folks would actually welcome such an action but I doubt that it will happen because the GOP is all talk and - drum roll - NO ACTION.

And the NO ACTION is really the truth.

pubby

I consider myself to be pretty unbiased in all of this. As a matter fact, I haven't commented because I honestly feel like I don't have all the facts, I don't trust the media. The question that I've had playing on my mind for days now though is, why in the world would a teenager that just stole from a store confront a cop in that manner? Nobody wants to go to jail. The kid has no priors, he's all of a sudden going to bow up on a cop after stealing from a store? You would have to be an idiot to do something like that. If he's that much of an idiot, why is this his first run in with the cops? I agree that the media does us no favors in cases like this, but the outrage is real and I think there's a good reason for that. Not only because of this incident in particular but there seems to be a trend.

There is no way to know how many times M. Brown had bullied and robbed. Just because he had never had any run in with cops, does not mean he lead a perfect life. If not for this incident with officer Wilson, we may have never heard about the store robbery. There's always a first time for everything.

Would we know if Michael Brown committed other crimes before he turned 18?

I don't think so.

This isn't hard to figure.

Think about this and then ask yourself this question.

Think of someone you know that got a DUI.

OK, now think of how many times they drove drunk before they were ever caught.

The same would apply to other types of crimes.

Statistically, you can commit 8-9 bank robberies before being caught.

(that is why my bank robbing plan has us stopping after 7 banks, smart, huh)

(I have 5 guys in my bank robbing gang, the only problem is we all want to be planners and getaway drivers, no one is willing to be the robber, so we are well covered on planning and getting away)

(there isn't any money in it, but we are whizzes at getaways)

• Like 1

I don't think so.

This isn't hard to figure.

Think about this and then ask yourself this question.

Think of someone you know that got a DUI.

OK, now think of how many times they drove drunk before they were ever caught.

The same would apply to other types of crimes.

Statistically, you can commit 8-9 bank robberies before being caught.

(that is why my bank robbing plan has us stopping after 7 banks, smart, huh)

(I have 5 guys in my bank robbing gang, the only problem is we all want to be planners and getaway drivers, no one is willing to be the robber, so we are well covered on planning and getting away)

(there isn't any money in it, but we are whizzes at getaways)

Well, it sounds like you think that everyone (including yourself) is a criminal and since it is okay to shoot and kill criminals, maybe we ought to just line every one up and shoot them. The the cops, who also happen to be human, can take their last bullet and kill themselves and, like a miracle, we have a perfect society with no crime, no hunger and no want.

You know stradial, I never ever did peg you for a utopian.

pubby

Well, it sounds like you think that everyone (including yourself) is a criminal and since it is okay to shoot and kill criminals, maybe we ought to just line every one up and shoot them. The the cops, who also happen to be human, can take their last bullet and kill themselves and, like a miracle, we have a perfect society with no crime, no hunger and no want.

You know stradial, I never ever did peg you for a utopian.

pubby

Not sure how you got that I think everyone is a criminal.

But yes, I have broken the law in the past and (as far as I am aware) the only laws I break nowadays are traffic laws, by going 8 mph over the speed limit on the expressways.

I do think it is ok to shoot someone who is in the process or has attacked you.

The way to not get shot is very very very very very very simple, don't attack people, especially LE.

• Like 1

BTW: You know that your congress - the 231 Republican members - constitute a majority and if those things are so egregious the remedy is to impeach. I think folks would actually welcome such an action but I doubt that it will happen because the GOP is all talk and - drum roll - NO ACTION.

And the NO ACTION is really the truth.

pubby

Please go check and see how many measures have been passed by the House and have been killed by your hero, Harry Reid and then get back to us on "no action".

• Like 1

Please go check and see how many measures have been passed by the House and have been killed by your hero, Harry Reid and then get back to us on "no action".

I wouldn't call him my hero.

I would blame the holds placed by GOP senators and the inability of the body to invoke cloture as among the roadblocks in the senate.

pubby

I saw a news report a little while ago that said Brown's cousin stated at his funeral that Brown was out on the streets that day to spread the word about Jesus Christ.

I saw a news report a little while ago that said Brown's cousin stated at his funeral that Brown was out on the streets that day to spread the word about Jesus Christ.

And yea I say unto ye, taketh thy cigars from thy c-store and smoketh thy blunts.

Breaking news...Brown's juvenile record reveals he was previously charged with 2nd degree murder and was reputedly a member of the Crips, a street gang. Ah, yeah...a "gentle giant".

http://youngcons.com/explosive-new-lawsuit-filed-in-st-louis-claims-michael-brown-was-a-suspect-for-second-degree/#lightbox/1/

Now let's see if a judge will allow them to be made public.

Breaking news...Brown's juvenile record reveals he was previously charged with 2nd degree murder and was reputedly a member of the Crips, a street gang. Ah, yeah...a "gentle giant".

http://youngcons.com/explosive-new-lawsuit-filed-in-st-louis-claims-michael-brown-was-a-suspect-for-second-degree/#lightbox/1/

That has to be false.

All this boy ever did was try and get him a $2 ceegar.

• Like 1

Apparently, death "unseals" any juvie records, according to the article.

That may be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to intervene "on behalf of the family."

That may be true, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tries to intervene "on behalf of the family."

That "someone" being the AG?

• Like 1

Blatantly false.

But to entertain the thought, what does that have to do with a police officer shooting an unarmed man?

mrnn

Blatantly false.

But to entertain the thought, what does that have to do with a police officer shooting an unarmed man?

mrnn

The wife and I had a.....let's call it an abbreviated discussion, about this topic tonight.

I abbreviated it, she just refused to see the truth....I mean, my points.

I got a feeling you and the wife see things similarly on this topic, but I doubt you and I would have to stop the discussion.

But then again............

:)

Blatantly false.

mrnn

Most probably. There has been a great deal of false information of this type ... enough where anyone interested in the truth figures the yelp may just be crying wolf ... again.

But character assassination is part of the strategy of disinformation.

pubby

The wife and I had a.....let's call it an abbreviated discussion, about this topic tonight.

I abbreviated it, she just refused to see the truth....I mean, my points.

I got a feeling you and the wife see things similarly on this topic, but I doubt you and I would have to stop the discussion.

But then again............

:)

Ha! Hey man, I remember our conversation in your car about this subject....we disagreed then and we'll continue to disagree. Your wife is a wise woman.

mrnn

Most probably. There has been a great deal of false information of this type ... enough where anyone interested in the truth figures the yelp may just be crying wolf ... again.

pubby

Yep, can't call a criminal a criminal anymore.

It may hurt their feelings.

pubby

Any sealed court record requires a judge to unseal them, regardless of death.

It's just like this talk that the officer's face was all busted up....I've not seen that anywhere but from Breitbart, etc. Which, if it's true, is unfortunate because it is an important aspect of the case. The fact that such an important piece fo the case would not be reported by anyone other than right wing news outlets leads me to believe that the claim is likely false.

mrnn

• Like 1

Ha! Hey man, I remember our conversation in your car about this subject....we disagreed then and we'll continue to disagree. Your wife is a wise woman.

mrnn

All I have to say about that is.......she married me, soooooo....that is still up for debate.

(what chaps my buns is the fact that it is my family that is still debating it :( )

• Like 1

And yea I say unto ye, taketh thy cigars from thy c-store and smoketh thy blunts.

I just stopped in to see the status of this silly thread that has lasted yea, these many days, and 9 pages. But it was so worth it for this!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just stopped in to see the status of this silly thread that has lasted yea, these many days, and 9 pages. But it was so worth it for this!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sometimes the Big Man speaks to me. :)

What's that?

Kill em all?

OK? If you say so.

What?

Speak up!

Ohhhhh, heal em all.

Whew, that was a close one.