Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
HardwareDJ

Officer's version of Ferguson shooting revealed

The crips wear blue, the bloods wear red.

Oh, and the cops drive around in patrol cars (cruisers), while the gangs have old impalas or buicks - or they may even walk.

So it would seem there are more differences.

Youre right and if a cop shoots someone in the back, stomps and kicks a downed man in the face, tases a pregnant women or scars an infants face for life they get a three weeks paid vacation. And a attaboy from the department.

Youre right and if a cop shoots someone in the back, stomps and kicks a downed man in the face, tases a pregnant women or scars an infants face for life they get a three weeks paid vacation. And a attaboy from the department.

I've seen you mention phony outrage before, so I'm glad you finally decided to give us an example.

Surely if you were really pissed off about these incidents, you would research them to find out exactly what led to the situation, and the resulting punishment (if any) if the officer was found to have acted inappropriately.

But then you seem to have too many negative opinions to bother with any facts.

I've seen you mention phony outrage before, so I'm glad you finally decided to give us an example.

Surely if you were really pissed off about these incidents, you would research them to find out exactly what led to the situation, and the resulting punishment (if any) if the officer was found to have acted inappropriately.

But then you seem to have too many negative opinions to bother with any facts.

Oh my outrage is real enough, in fact i will put my rage up against your phoney self serving, daily displayed patriotism any day.

Oh my outrage is real enough, in fact i will put my rage up against your phoney self serving, daily displayed patriotism any day.

Fair enough.

I'll see if I can work up some phony self serving patriotism . . .

And you see if you can work up some real outrage (over anything other than your shortcomings).

We'll meet back here in 3 days, 17 hours, and 8 minutes.

Fair enough.

And you see if you can work up some real outrage (over anything other than your shortcomings).

I've got whatever you want, cmore, a shortcoming, or a longcoming. It depends on how well you perform. :give_rose:

Edited by The Postman

Fair enough.

I stopped taking homework assignments forty years ago.

I haven't followed/read the whole thread, so this has probably been said, but seemingly if they had released this info from the beginning it may have prevented some of the aftermath.

I haven't followed/read the whole thread, so this has probably been said, but seemingly if they had released this info from the beginning it may have prevented some of the aftermath.

I believe the only two things would have prevented this - either the cop was the same color as the thug/victim, or if the thug had killed the cop.

• Like 5

I believe the only two things would have prevented this - either the cop was the same color as the thug/victim, or if the thug had killed the cop.

For someone who didn't have any previous police record and the only thing we know for sure is he pushed a store clerk and took a box of cigars, You seem pretty damn quick to label him a thug.

But I suppose it does help in supporting your (phony) outrage.

Like I have said, this powder keg town was set to blow, for a long time. I don't understand how it took so long for the fuse to be lit.

Were these people just afraid, and submitted to intimidation from the authorities, for 30 years, because they didn't have the guts to stand up for their rights?

If I was in a town of 70% white people, and our police force was 90% black police officers, I'd be raising HELL!

I stopped taking homework assignments forty years ago.

It must have been really embarrassing for you to have been the only 3rd grader in the school with a driver's license.

For someone who didn't have any previous police record and the only thing we know for sure is he pushed a store clerk and took a box of cigars, You seem pretty damn quick to label him a thug.

What do you call a guy who at 6'4" and 292 lbs walks into a store, steals a box of cigars and then grabs the owner who is about 5'7" and 150 lbs by the shirt and shoves him? Do you call him a "gentle giant?"

• Like 1

My "outrage" is in regard to people like you and the fact you instantly blame the cop and defend the thug.

My "outrage" is over residents of a town resorting to animal behavior and destroying the very things they need.

Take everything else away, what would you think of a person (a big dude of any color you want) walking down the middle of the road?

Have that same person involved in a physical altercation with a cop and what would you think of him?

The facts that we know about are more than enough for me to call brown a thug.

If you are so sensitive that it offends you . . . well, that's just too bad.

• Like 8

What do you call a guy who at 6'4" and 292 lbs walks into a store, steals a box of cigars and then grabs the owner who is about 5'7" and 150 lbs by the shirt and shoves him? Do you call him a "gentle giant?"

I've got it!!!! I've got it!!!!

Lou Saban's favorite prospect. He'd fit right in over in Tuscaloosa.

• Like 1

Not in Ferguson, MO. Up there he's a dead mf.

My "outrage" is in regard to people like you and the fact you instantly blame the cop and defend the thug.

My "outrage" is over residents of a town resorting to animal behavior and destroying the very things they need.

Take everything else away, what would you think of a person (a big dude of any color you want) walking down the middle of the road?

Have that same person involved in a physical altercation with a cop and what would you think of him?

The facts that we know about are more than enough for me to call brown a thug.

If you are so sensitive that it offends you . . . well, that's just too bad.

How about offending me, cmorg!

I'm wide open as a case knife.

The killer was the thug, or chicken, which ever angle you may see from. But he may have been just a yellow bellied c sucker. :pardon:

Edited by The Postman

How about offending me, cmorg!

I'm wide open as a case knife.

The killer was the thug, or chicken, which ever angle you may see from. But he may have been just a yellow bellied c sucker. :pardon:

While I usually don't go out of my way to offend anybody, I also usually don't go out of my way to ensure I don't offend anybody.

I would point out that your language (or suggestion of language) is more appropriate for the job site, but less so in mixed company.

My outrage is that this cop apparently acted as judge, jury and executioner which is a bit beyond his pay grade.

If you deconstruct the event into a series of events, it may be the officer exceeded his authority when he fired and missed the kid as the kid was trying to run away.

For instance, the first assumption is the determination that the SCOTUS decision in Garner v. Tennessee was not in play.

That SCOTUS decision says that officers are not permitted to use deadly force to stop a fleeing suspect if the suspect is unarmed and didn't presumably pose a danger to the public. The latter point could be disputed with those supporting the officer asserting that the melee at the police car was a direct, unprovoked attack by the youth on the armed officer. Of course if the officer had pushed the door open into the youth and the youth pushed back, the element of who provoked who is certainly in question.

The narrative - hearsay by the way - from the authorities is that the youth attacked the officer and sought to take his weapon and fractured the officers skull in the process. That the skull is not fractured and the difficulty and awkwardness a person seeking to get a policemans weapon from its holster on the right hip seated in a car suggests, if anything, and fight over the weapon was the youth seeking to keep the officer from pointing it at him. When the pistol discharged, the youth immediately fled suggests that the youth didn't want any part of the weapon.

I have heard no reports of the number of rounds discharged in the incident but I have heard that there is at least one round that missed the youth totally and hit a nearby house. Presumably that shot was the one that caused the youth to stop running and turn. Still the message of that shot was that the officer intended to use deadly force in this incident and whether, even at that point, deadly force was justified under Garner v. Tennessee is a legitimate question.

We know from the one witness that the office told the two to get out of the street and it is not even clear that they were given a reasonable opportunity to comply. What we do know is that for some reason there was an altercation that ended with the youth running, the officer pursuing the kid while firing and ultimately the kid being shot to death.

That the law makes distinctions based on details may be why the officer didn't provide a detailed narrative of what went down in his nonexistent incident report narrative is because from the moment of the stop to the first or second shot being fired is critical under the law. This might explain the hearsay lie that the officers skull was fractured in the melee because that would suggest the youth is extremely dangerous. The importance of detail would also explain why there has never been an accounting of the number of rounds expended in the event

Indeed, the undisputed facts of the incident show the youth was fleeing after the altercation at the car window and the officer unholstered his gun and fired a shot, at which point the youth fled. How many shots were fired before the youth stopped and then returned to attack into gunfire.

If you look at the known details and you don't approach this shooting with prejudice that one side is right and one side is wrong, you see that guilt is not clear ... but suspicions of the officers actions are raised. I think understanding the truth is the key because, well, the truth (or as close as we can get to it) will set you free.

pubby

My outrage is that this cop apparently acted as judge, jury and executioner which is a bit beyond his pay grade.

If you deconstruct the event into a series of events, it may be the officer exceeded his authority when he fired and missed the kid as the kid was trying to run away.

For instance, the first assumption is the determination that the SCOTUS decision in Garner v. Tennessee was not in play.

That SCOTUS decision says that officers are not permitted to use deadly force to stop a fleeing suspect if the suspect is unarmed and didn't presumably pose a danger to the public. The latter point could be disputed with those supporting the officer asserting that the melee at the police car was a direct, unprovoked attack by the youth on the armed officer. Of course if the officer had pushed the door open into the youth and the youth pushed back, the element of who provoked who is certainly in question.

The narrative - hearsay by the way - from the authorities is that the youth attacked the officer and sought to take his weapon and fractured the officers skull in the process. That the skull is not fractured and the difficulty and awkwardness a person seeking to get a policemans weapon from its holster on the right hip seated in a car suggests, if anything, and fight over the weapon was the youth seeking to keep the officer from pointing it at him. When the pistol discharged, the youth immediately fled suggests that the youth didn't want any part of the weapon.

I have heard no reports of the number of rounds discharged in the incident but I have heard that there is at least one round that missed the youth totally and hit a nearby house. Presumably that shot was the one that caused the youth to stop running and turn. Still the message of that shot was that the officer intended to use deadly force in this incident and whether, even at that point, deadly force was justified under Garner v. Tennessee is a legitimate question.

We know from the one witness that the office told the two to get out of the street and it is not even clear that they were given a reasonable opportunity to comply. What we do know is that for some reason there was an altercation that ended with the youth running, the officer pursuing the kid while firing and ultimately the kid being shot to death.

That the law makes distinctions based on details may be why the officer didn't provide a detailed narrative of what went down in his nonexistent incident report narrative is because from the moment of the stop to the first or second shot being fired is critical under the law. This might explain the hearsay lie that the officers skull was fractured in the melee because that would suggest the youth is extremely dangerous. The importance of detail would also explain why there has never been an accounting of the number of rounds expended in the event

Indeed, the undisputed facts of the incident show the youth was fleeing after the altercation at the car window and the officer unholstered his gun and fired a shot, at which point the youth fled. How many shots were fired before the youth stopped and then returned to attack into gunfire.

If you look at the known details and you don't approach this shooting with prejudice that one side is right and one side is wrong, you see that guilt is not clear ... but suspicions of the officers actions are raised. I think understanding the truth is the key because, well, the truth (or as close as we can get to it) will set you free.

pubby

Way too long to read and care what you have to say, but can tell after reading your first sentence you have no clue.

• Like 2

Way too long to read and care what you have to say, but can tell after reading your first sentence you have no clue.

His very first sentence tells us all that pubby believes the police officer to be guilty without the benefit of a trial.

• Like 2

634 words, to be exact. Yawn.

Not sure if it is simple verbosity or just being argumentative for the sake of hit counts.

If our esteemed leader's comments exceed more than two sentences, I move right along. No point in wasting any time or effort there.

• Like 2

Assault and battery and theft. All are crimes. It was previous. It would have been a police record. It's on video.

• Like 1

His very first sentence tells us all that pubby believes the police officer to be guilty without the benefit of a trial.

[

/quote]

I don't think that Pubby wants facts to get in the way of his opinions.

A radio station in St. Louis is claiming a source has informed them that Brown's accomplice has now changed his story. Johnson now states Brown did attack the LEO.

"The undisputed facts of the incident show the youth was fleeing after the altercation at the car window and the officer unholstered his gun and fired a shot, at which point the youth fled. How many shots were fired before the youth stopped and then returned to attack into gunfire." ~ Pubby

The kid turned to surrender, Pubby. but was shot again, and again, UNTIL HE FELL FORWARD, WHERE THE LAST SHOT GOT HIM IN THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.

Sense the head shot exited through his eye socket, he was almost on the ground; FACE DOWN.

It was, indeed, an execution.

Edited by The Postman

I'm sure that people remember a poster that was in LE. On his profile is a picture of a cop with a gun and underneath the picture is this saying:

I'm going to kick your ass and get away with it!

Is this the mindset of a local police force?

"The undisputed facts of the incident show the youth was fleeing after the altercation at the car window and the officer unholstered his gun and fired a shot, at which point the youth fled. How many shots were fired before the youth stopped and then returned to attack into gunfire." ~ Pubby

The kid turned to surrender, Pubby. but was shot again, and again, UNTIL HE FELL FORWARD, WHERE THE LAST SHOT GOT HIM IN THE TOP OF HIS HEAD.

Sense the head shot exited through his eye socket, he was almost on the ground; FACE DOWN.

It was, indeed, an execution.

The autopsy showed all rounds hit him from the front. A bullet can change direction once it has made impact.

The autopsy showed all rounds hit him from the front. A bullet can change direction once it has made impact.

A warning shot was fired, to keep from shooting the kid in the back, When the kid turned around he was executed.

Of course this won't show up in forensics, because the blood spatter guy, and the other evidence gathered at the scene, will be in favor of the police department!

Edited by The Postman

A warning shot was fired, to keep from shooting the kid in the back, When the kid turned around he was executed.

Of course this won't show up in forensics, because the blood spatter guy, and the other evidence gathered at the scene, will be in favor of the police department!

I have seen no report that say a warning shot was fired. The rest of your post is ridiculous. How can you say he was "executed" when there has been absolutely no report from the investigation released?

• Like 1

I have seen no report that say a warning shot was fired. The rest of your post is ridiculous. How can you say he was "executed" when there has been absolutely no report from the investigation released?

An investigation doesn't mean sheeze, E Z, when the police department's own forensic scientists, are the ones gathering the evidence. Do you think the police department is going to admit that their officer is a killer? Hell NO! :pardon:

An investigation doesn't mean sheeze, E Z, when the police department's own forensic scientists, are the ones gathering the evidence. Do you think the police department is going to admit that their officer is a killer? Hell NO! :pardon:

I have never heard of any police department authorizing the use of warning shots.

You believe the police officer to be guilty, but the investigation and evidence will be fraudulent to vindicate the police officer. Am I right?

I don't think we should be stating opinions of guilt or innocence until the investigation is complete.

• Like 2

I have never heard of any police department authorizing the use of warning shots.

You believe the police officer to be guilty, but the investigation and evidence will be fraudulent to vindicate the police officer. Am I right?

I don't know whether he is guilty or not, but is he is it will not show up in forensic evidence. You can count on that, unless the FBI can find a cover up. :pardon:

I don't think we should be stating opinions of guilt or innocence until the investigation is complete.

The FBI investigation will have to sort through the forensics, that may not show the real picture. Maybe conflicting stories will be their best shot at finding the truth, ABR!

I've seen no report that totals the number of shots fired in the incident.

How many shots do you think were fired?

pubby

pubby

I have no idea how many shots were fired. I do know that I have never ever heard of police using warning shots.

From the Washington Post:

The county’s investigation as well as a private autopsy commissioned by Brown’s family showed that he had at least six gunshot wounds and that all of them were fired from the front. (An autopsy ordered by the Justice Department reached similar conclusions.) Attorneys for Brown’s family said that one of the gunshots indicated that he was surrendering when he was killed, but the forensic pathologists who conducted this autopsy said it was unclear whether he was raising his arms to surrender.

Witnesses have given investigators conflicting accounts of what occurred. The biggest differences have arisen in describing what happened after Brown ran away from Wilson’s car, as the New York Times reported:

Some witnesses say that Mr. Brown, 18, moved toward Officer Wilson, possibly in a threatening manner, when the officer shot him dead. But others say that Mr. Brown was not moving and may even have had his hands up when he was killed….

Several witnesses have told investigators that Mr. Brown stopped and turned around with his arms up. According to his account to the Ferguson police, Officer Wilson said that Mr. Brown had lowered his arms and moved toward him, law enforcement officials said. Fearing that the teenager was going to attack him, the officer decided to use deadly force. Some witnesses have backed up that account. Others, however — including Mr. Johnson — have said that Mr. Brown did not move toward the officer before the final shots were fired.

There seems to be conflicting reports from witnesses exactly what had happened.

Edited by El Zorro

The police version said the kid attacked the Officer through his car window, but then the kid was shot dead some distance away from the police car, indicating that the kid was fleeing the scene.

ALSO:

I have no idea how many shots were fired. I do know that I have never ever heard of police using warning shots.

pubby

As many as it took to stop a 6'3", 280 lb, adrenaline fueled, enraged man.

As many as it took to stop a 6'3", 280 lb, adrenaline fueled, enraged man.

Yeah, stradial, but the word enraged is not correct. the adrenaline fueled kid was fleeing until the warning shot, where he turned around to surrender.