Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
HardwareDJ

Officer's version of Ferguson shooting revealed

Does it take a liberal to see a man that may (who actually didn't) have a knife standing 20 feet away is no threat to you ? That empting you gun into a man for a supposed threat is no better than a drive by shooting of a gang of thugs ?

Is it really that hard for a conservative, as you seem to want to make this about, to see past the nose on his face ?

Do you know he rush the officer from 20' away faster than the officer can draw his weapon and fire? In other words, the officer would be stabbed before he could completely get his weapon unholstered.

I was a cop. If a man has a knife and is standing 20' from me and I'm the only officer present, I'm going to order him to drop the knife and my weapon is going to be out and it's going to be aimed at him. If he moves slowly towards me, I'm going to continue telling him to drop the knife. When he gets to a distance I no longer feel safe and he still has the knife in his hand, I'm going to shoot him until he drops.

If he's standing 20' from me my weapon is going to be out and pointed at him. If he begins to run at me with the knife in his hand, I'm going to shoot him until he drops.

If another police officer is with me, one will have his weapon out and the other his taser. Tasers don't always work.

Just one of the countless interviews, I am seeing. Some of them make me feel embarrassed for black people. They didn't make anything out of it....Because they are upset there aren't more black policeman. Many VETS go on to become COPs after they leave the service. Seems like most of the cops that work in Ferguson don't live in the town....Including the one that did the shooting...He lives at least 27-30 miles away if memory serves me correct.

It's not uncommon for cops not to live in the town they work in. I can't say as I blame them as it makes it harder for for someone you issued a ticket or had arrested to find you. It's another reason why most police officers don't have their phone number listed.

• Like 1

Do you know he rush the officer from 20' away faster than the officer can draw his weapon and fire? In other words, the officer would be stabbed before he could completely get his weapon unholstered.

I was a cop. If a man has a knife and is standing 20' from me and I'm the only officer present, I'm going to order him to drop the knife and my weapon is going to be out and it's going to be aimed at him. If he moves slowly towards me, I'm going to continue telling him to drop the knife. When he gets to a distance I no longer feel safe and he still has the knife in his hand, I'm going to shoot him until he drops.

If he's standing 20' from me my weapon is going to be out and pointed at him. If he begins to run at me with the knife in his hand, I'm going to shoot him until he drops.

If another police officer is with me, one will have his weapon out and the other his taser. Tasers don't always work.

Of course you ignore the fact this guy did not have a knife or any other weapon and the cop was acting on a hunch. If that's the new standard for deadly force we are all screwed.

rt.png

Of course you ignore the fact this guy did not have a knife or any other weapon and the cop was acting on a hunch. If that's the new standard for deadly force we are all screwed.

:80

The merit system should require more consideration to demographics. If they want to hire veterans, surely the merit system has access to more black veterans than to set up a 90% white police force in this 70% black town.

The standard should be high in any and every town, regardless of the racial make-up.

Training is available all over the place for people who can't quite meet the requirements.

• Like 1

It's not uncommon for cops not to live in the town they work in. I can't say as I blame them as it makes it harder for for someone you issued a ticket or had arrested to find you. It's another reason why most police officers don't have their phone number listed.

The officer, C C was referring to, already had his gun sight on what he thought was a knife welding man.

Where did you get the idea that he drew his weapon after he saw the knife, he didn't see.

Edited by The Postman

Is it silly to point out there are many black army veterans with military police experience who would also be qualified?

pubby

The officer, C C was referring to, already had his gun sight on what he thought was a knife welding man.

Where did you get the idea that he drew his weapon after he saw the knife, he didn't see.

I wasn't referring to the video.

Is it silly to point out there are many black army veterans with military police experience who would also be qualified?

pubby

I'm not as concerned about numbers as I am about the blatant disregard for human life we are seeing by those sworn to protect and serve. (protect and serve who themselves) However I think TP said it best. What would the reaction in Dallas be if they suddenly found themselves with a 90% black police force.

Now I will refer to the video. I have no idea the circumstances that led to the arrest. For all I know their was a warrant out for the guy and the officer was waiting down the street from his house waiting for him to show up. The angle from the dash cam is different from the angle of the officer, so I cannot see what the officer saw. For all I know there could have been something in the guy's hand the officer had mistaken for a knife. When the guy should have done what the officer told him to do. Why in the did he turn back as if he was trying to get something out of the vehicle? I'm not defending the cop's poor judgement in this at all, I'm just pointing out he probably wouldn't have been shot had he simply done what he was instructed to do.

Bottom line is, do what the officer tells you to do.

C C wasn't referring to the video? So, you answered his quote with some bull chit that he wasn't referring to? Okay, I see!

It's a GD good thing you were not the officer, CC was referring to.

Edited by The Postman

C C wasn't referring to the video? So, you answered his quote with some bull chit that he wasn't referring to? Okay, I see!

It's a GD good thing you were not the officer, CC was referring to.

I was pointing out how quickly someone armed with a knife can rush a police officer and stab him before the officer can even unholster his ground. Such an armed person can actually cover 50' before the average person even very well trained can unholster their weapon, aim, and fire at the attacker.

The guy in the video was unarmed, but he failed to comply with the officer's orders. That's no reason to shoot somebody, but we don't even know the background of this story. Was the guy wanted for murder or felonious assault (that TP is assault with a weapon), which would mean the guy would likely be armed when confronting police? We don't know that. All we know is what the video shows us.

I was pointing out how quickly someone armed with a knife can rush a police officer and stab him before the officer can even unholster his ground. Such an armed person can actually cover 50' before the average person even very well trained can unholster their weapon, aim, and fire at the attacker.

The guy in the video was unarmed, but he failed to comply with the officer's orders. That's no reason to shoot somebody, but we don't even know the background of this story. Was the guy wanted for murder or felonious assault (that TP is assault with a weapon), which would mean the guy would likely be armed when confronting police? We don't know that. All we know is what the video shows us.

A child, 8 months in gestation, was probably kicking, and if he/she could "screaming," in this video, while it's mother ordered to lie on top of the child, and tased because she wouldn't comply.

I'm a firm believer in continuous training for LEOs. I also believe to keep their certification, there should be a recertification exam every two years. Laws change because of legislation and judicial rulings. I've worked for departments that only put those changes on a bulletin board when the information should have been disseminated in a manner there was a documented acknowledgement the officers were made aware of the changes and understood the changes.

Law enforcement agencies need to do a better job gathering intelligence prior to committing a no knock raid. They need to know who is in the location to prevent the injury and loss of innocent lives. They also need to do a better job collaborating information received from an informant rather than acting hastily on it. There are many times when informants aren't completely truthful with officers.

Departments in this state don't pay very well. It's why I never pursued a LEO position in this state; it wasn't worth the salary. They need to pay LEOs more and have more stringent qualifications. If I were a police chief or sheriff, I wouldn't hire anyone without experience who didn't have a college degree, but of course departments as I said need to pay more to get better educated candidates.

• Like 1

A child, 8 months in gestation, was probably kicking, and if he/she could "screaming," in this video, while it's mother ordered to lie on top of the child, and tased because she wouldn't comply.

It's a wonder she wasn't shot to death.

So this one incident and now he's some kind of rampaging murderer ?

Michael Brown had no criminal record, police say

ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. (USA TODAY) — An 18-year-old shot and killed near a Ferguson apartment complex Saturday afternoon had no criminal record, according to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's office.

http://www.whas11.com/news/Michael-Brown-had-no-criminal-record-police-say-271238761.html

The way I read that, until recently he was successful in not getting caught breaking the law.

:)

• Like 1

Am I the only one that has noticed that now that the facts seem to back up the police officer in Ferguson, that certain people who wanted the cop to be a murderer have now switched to other cases instead?

Or maybe I misread these posts.

• Like 2

The way I read that, until recently he was successful in not getting caught breaking the law.

:)

I suppose the same could be said of you and yours, oh wait maybe not ?

Am I the only one that has noticed that now that the facts seem to back up the police officer in Ferguson, that certain people who wanted the cop to be a murderer have now switched to other cases instead?

And maybe you can stop playing that I maybe just a simple country boy, but ...... routine ?

Edited by CitizenCain

I suppose the same could be said of you and yours, oh wait maybe not ?

Not me, I got a record.

Twice I have visited the graybar hotel.

The first time I pleaded Nolo Contendere and the second time the case was dismissed.

Both were misdemeanors and I was respectively 18 and 21 at the time.

Neither time did I argue with or disobey the police officers.

As far as mine goes, every family has a black sheep, I was ours.

(not counting my cousins, but that is another story)

Yes.

Yes.

Oh the guy is going to beat the wrap of that I have never had any doubt. And the notice will go out to every cop in the nation that they can get away with vigilante justice and it will be back to business as usual.

Hell if the cops can get away with teeing off on Rodney Kings head with billy clubs this should be a cinch. It's called Jury Nullification.

Cops have gotten away with much worse than this.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

Oh the guy is going to beat the wrap of that I have never had any doubt. And the notice will go out to every cop in the nation that they can get away with vigilante justice and it will be back to business as usual.

Hell if the cops can get away with teeing off on Rodney Kings head with billy clubs this should be a cinch. It's called Jury Nullification.

Cops have gotten away with much worse than this.

You must really hate all cops.

Look at the facts. A guy's size can be a weapon; especially when he's much bigger than the other. Look at the medical evidence of what Brown did to the officer prior to the shooting. Even Brown's sidekick says he tried to take the gun from the officer. If Brown bum rushed the officer after already physically overpowering the officer and physically assaulted him as well as made the officer feel his life was endangered during Brown's rush at him, the officer was lawfully able to defend himself.

I have no idea what your body size is, but if a guy outweighed you by 100 lbs or more and was 6" taller than you and had busted bones in your face; would you not feel your life was in danger if he came back at you again?

• Like 2

Look at the facts. A guy's size can be a weapon; especially when he's much bigger than the other. Look at the medical evidence of what Brown did to the officer prior to the shooting. Even Brown's sidekick says he tried to take the gun from the officer. If Brown bum rushed the officer after already physically overpowering the officer and physically assaulted him as well as made the officer feel his life was endangered during Brown's rush at him, the officer was lawfully able to defend himself.

I have no idea what your body size is, but if a guy outweighed you by 100 lbs or more and was 6" taller than you and had busted bones in your face; would you not feel your life was in danger if he came back at you again?

I think some would just rather be a victim and die. Fight or flight, some only know flight and if that response is impossible they will simply surrender to their fate. It has been commonplace in society even in the early days, in the same communities some would fight back to the death and some would cower and wait for the executioners sword to the back of the head.

Edited by Ugadawgs98
  • Like 1

You must really rely on broad statements to cover all cops, all facts, all situations, and all weapons, and all danger.

You are chicken, E Z! It's sure is a GD good thing you decided to keep your chicken arse out of Law Enforcement, You are scared as hell of teenagers, let alone hardened criminals.

Even before you started making a little sense you accused C C of hating ALL cops.

Well, Sir, us must hate ALL other people, who die at the hands of criminal cops.

Edited by The Postman

I think some would just rather be a victim and die. Fight or flight, some only know flight and if that response is impossible they will simply surrender to their fate. It has been commonplace in society even in the early days, in the same communities some would fight back to the death and some would cower and wait for the executioners sword to the back of the head.

You better be ready to die if you see some cops near by. You sure as heck don'; know if they are killers, or just people who like to taze you, while they have you in hand cuffs

Shocking the hell out of an 8 month pregnant woman while making her lay her body weight on her baby.

You must really rely on broad statements to cover all cops, all facts, all situations, and all weapons, and all danger.

You are chicken, E Z! It's sure is a GD good thing you decided to keep your chicken arse out of Law Enforcement, You are scared as hell of teenagers, let alone hardened criminals.

Even before you started making a little sense you accused C C of hating ALL cops.

Well, Sir, us must hate ALL other people, who die at the hands of criminal cops.

That's EXACTLY what you and others are doing. Using other cops to make one cop guilty without all the facts.

• Like 2

Since when does a law enforcement officer have to prove himself innocent for shooting a low life thug? There is video of this bastard robbing a store just minutes before he was killed.

And why isn't his accomplice in jail?

And since when do we allow a terrorist to cut off the head of an innocent American and we aren't raining hellfire on their sorry asses?

We obviously have people holding offices that are not capable of making the correct decision because they aren't capable of differentiating right from race.

I also thought that Eric Holder went to Ferguson as the Attorney General. We pay him to be the Attorney General. But Holder says he was in Ferguson "as a black man." I say WE NEED AN ATTORNEY GENERAL THAT IS NOT A RACIST!

• Like 6

You better be ready to die if you see some cops near by. You sure as heck don'; know if they are killers, or just people who like to taze you, while they have you in hand cuffs

Shocking the hell out of an 8 month pregnant woman while making her lay her body weight on her baby.

And you accuse me of making broad statements.

I think what makes this different is parents that thought their son had beat the streets.

I can understand their reaction, they just could not believe it.

Again they look to find fault with the system and the heart breaking truth is the minority

that commit crime on a regular basis in the community. In many of these communities they cover

for the criminals and don't report them.

I wonder if the kid reacted like he did because he thought he had ruined his future over cigars.

I also think the media picks and chooses who to interview.

The overall impression is that the community does not want the lawbreakers in their community arrested and punished.

As I watched the looting and shooting, it seemed as though there was the elephant in the room.

Many interviewed said they wanted the looting to stop because it gave the wrong message.

Not once did I hear they wanted them arrested and prosecuted.

pubby

Makes me think none of them applied for the job.

I'm not as concerned about numbers as I am about the blatant disregard for human life we are seeing by those sworn to protect and serve. (protect and serve who themselves) However I think TP said it best. What would the reaction in Dallas be if they suddenly found themselves with a 90% black police force.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I don't seem to have any trouble with policemen...You know why???? I don't break the LAW.

What was she doing? To get pulled over in the first place? Something must have seriously been going on for a cop to tazer a pregnant lady. Was she on drugs???What?????

What was she doing? To get pulled over in the first place? Something must have seriously been going on for a cop to tazer a pregnant lady. Was she on drugs???What?????

She wasn't pulled over. She was involved in a fender bender in a parking lot and she called the police. The guy she was with started acting like an idiot when the other driver involved denied causing the damage. An officer was attempting to arrest the guy she was with and she protested. Another officer came up and told her to get down on the ground. She can be heard saying several times that she didn't want to lay on her stomach since she was pregnant. They used the taser because she wouldn't get down on her stomach. The video is posted on here somewhere...but I don't know if it was in this thread or another one.

• Like 1

The lady said she felt her baby shaking, for several hours, after being tased.

Her doctor had told her not to lye on her stomach, but she was forced to do so.

I guess this future mother will know better than to call the cops, next time there is a finder bender.

Edited by The Postman

Since the title of this topic is supposed to be the officers version of what happened, one used to the bureaucratic elements of police work would naturally seek to see a copy of the incident report ... that usually brief narrative of what the officer involved in the incident says happened.

They are routinely filed and are considered public record.

Here is the story of the incident report involved in this shooting from TIME magazine:

Police waited 10 days to approve It 

Nearly two weeks after Michael Brown’s death, the police report on the shooting has finally been made public. But the glaring lack of detail is likely to increase widespread criticism that the law-enforcement community is closing ranks around Darren Wilson, the officer who fatally shot Brown on Aug. 9.

The incident report, filed by the St. Louis County police department, contains no new information on the encounter between Brown and Wilson. There are no written details about the event. As a result, the officer’s account of what transpired when the two men met just after noon on Aug. 9 remains a mystery.

Having covered cops from the 1970s to present, this is a bit odd.  Actually, the report which simply acknowledged there was a homicide, the date, time and names of those involved includes absolutely no narrative.

This is the equivalent of the officer who did the shooting taking the fifth amendment - I.e. refusing to state what happened because what he might state could or would be incriminating.

It is also his defense teams dream in that the officer he's apparently not spoken on the record about the events anywhere and can modify what his final statement is to conform and be favorable to his legal defense.  What he told his girlfriend who told her girlfriend that made the statement that was repeated here is absolute hearsay and totally inadmissible in a court of law.  There is not version of the incident other than the three witnesses to the event who did see it;  the co-hort that hid behind the car, the woman who drove up on the scene and the guy who was in his house and witnessed it.

Their stories are all generally consistent ... that there was a struggle/altercation where fists flew with the shooting victim who was fighting with the cop through the open window of the police car ... there was a shot fired while the officer was still in the car and the kid then ran.  The officer exited the police car and began pursuit and fired at the youth who turned and in two of the three independent accounts, yelled 'are you going to shoot me' as he held his hands in the air.   The officer continued his pursuit and shots were fired wounding the kid who then rushed back at the officer  as more shots were fired.  All three witnesses say the youth bent over from torso shots and fell to his knees and then the final fatal shot to the head was made.

Given that the officer did not state a narrative on his official report and the official report was not filed in a timely manner (or at least approved) and was not released until some ten days after the incident, the officers version of things has not be disclosed.  The officer is obviously being allowed to remain silent on his version under the fifth amendment which allows him to remain silent rather to avoid self-incrimination.

I also will note that the reports of an orbital eye socket fracture were obviously exaggerated ... the blows from the youth may have provided some swelling to the face but the medical examination was negative as to any fracture meaning those reports were false.

It is beginning to look less and less like the officer has standing for this being other than an 'execution.'

pubby

PS:  In terms of the officer and his duty as an officer, if the final shot was intentionally delivered as a kill shot to a person who was no longer a threat, then the case for manslaughter or even a more serious murder charge gains credibility.

I had a little lesson in the context of what kinds of rounds do what kind of physical damage by a member on pcom who showed me four different bullets.

If the report was released, why isn't it included in the article you're using as a source?

I don't know, I suppose that is a question for the editors at Time Magazine.

A copy was presented by the Daily Kos ... and I'm sure there are other copies floating around on the net you can get by searching for it ... the original was from a FOIA by the ALCU.

pubby