Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Rose Luxemburg

Ebola threat in Paulding

He tested negative for Ebola and MERS and it was likely handled that way due to an overabundance of caution. Why try to induce panic?

Edited by Ugadawgs98

The picture looks like Amberly Senior Apartments, where my mother used to live.

I really hope he doesn't have anything contagious.

He tested negative for Ebola and MERS and was it was likely handled the way it was due to an overabundance of caution. Why try to induce panic?

My question as well. To err on the side of caution is better than doing nothing.

He tested negative for Ebola and MERS and was it was likely handled the way it was due to an overabundance of caution. Why try to induce panic?

People should be prepared to keep themselves and their family safe. This includes getting the heck out of Pauldng and pulling their kid`s on short notice out of school.

People should be prepared to keep themselves and their family safe. This includes getting the heck out of Pauldng and pulling their kid`s on short notice out of school.

Statistically, I'd worry about a lot of other things before spending too much time on this.

But, why anyone would voluntarily travel to that region is beyond me.

• Like 1

Are you joking? Because if not, this is absurd.

Statistically, I'd worry about a lot of other things before spending too much time on this.

But, why anyone would voluntarily travel to that region is beyond me.

On that we agree 100%. I didn't lose anything there, nor did anyone I know.

• Like 1

Are you joking? Because if not, this is absurd.

Nope. While an epidemic is unlikely, it is something to keep abreast of because of the nature of this strain in ebola, conflicting information in the media about transmission and the potential for false negatives. Its something that people should think hard about.. what will I do if....

LOL....are you serious? It was negative.

Nope. While an epidemic is unlikely, it is something to keep abreast of because of the nature of this strain in ebola, conflicting information in the media about transmission and the potential for false negatives. Its something that people should think hard about.. what will I do if....

Where is the conflicting information about transmission? You have to come into direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids to contract Ebola, that's straight from the CDC's website.

Where is the conflicting information about transmission? You have to come into direct contact with an infected persons bodily fluids to contract Ebola, that's straight from the CDC's website.

Well, when Maury Povich is your primary news source, you are bound to get some misinformation.

• Like 1

And I think all flights coming into this country from Africa should be stopped. But that's just me.

Just a reminder that the situation in Dallas could have been prevented.

;)

• Like 4

300,000 people a year would tell you not to trust the CDC statements about any disease. That comes out to millions of people in the last 10 years that are left with permanent disabilities because they have been treated incorrectly or refused test and aggressive treatment based on CDC guide lines. I am not in panic mode, but I will reserve the right to be no matter what the CDC puts out there as fact.

The CDC will go to ridiculous lengths to save face.

• Like 2

300,000 people a year would tell you not to trust the CDC statements about any disease. That comes out to millions of people in the last 10 years that are left with permanent disabilities because they have been treated incorrectly or refused test and aggressive treatment based on CDC guide lines. I am not in panic mode, but I will reserve the right to be no matter what the CDC puts out there as fact.

The CDC will go to ridiculous lengths to save face.

A CDC doctor said that direct contact could be only 3 feet away. They need to get their story straight.

A CDC doctor said that direct contact could be only 3 feet away. They need to get their story straight.

The best thing is to restrict travel. I am sure that the concern is more likely loss revenue. As we well know money has become like a God in this global economy. :angel:

• Like 2

The best thing is to restrict travel. I am sure that the concern is more likely loss revenue. As we well know money has become like a God in this global economy. :angel:

This is on Obama. He could have prevented it. I agree we should have stopped travel from the affected countries.

• Like 3

Loss of revenue is the only panic that will put Ebloi on the back burner, in Paulding county,

It's like mashing your thumb, but later breaking a leg, which makes your thumb feel much better. :pardon:

Edited by The Postman

This is on Obama. He could have prevented it. I agree we should have stopped travel from the affected countries.

Why did you have to go and say that. I am sure that he has not made this decision based on his personal thoughts. As all our presidents he listens to the experts and considers their opinions. We have so many department heads in this country that need to be flipping burgers it is not even funny. Hopefully the head of the CDC will get nailed by the liberal media and resign before he gets millions of Americans killed.

Why did you have to go and say that. I am sure that he has not made this decision based on his personal thoughts. As all our presidents he listens to the experts and considers their opinions. We have so many department heads in this country that need to be flipping burgers it is not even funny. Hopefully the head of the CDC will get nailed by the liberal media and resign before he gets millions of Americans killed.

Why did she have to say that?

It is election season silly and the GOP is playing their best card - FEAR ... the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

pubby

RUN, BABY, RUN! The moon, it shines so bright these nights, and Halloween is just around the corner. The Eboli Goblin is big, and bad, this year.

You'll be doing the skeleton dance, before you know it.

OK so the solution is to close the borders to these people and let Ebola fester within their own borders.

Many of the world health organizations disagree with you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/01/why-hasnt-the-u-s-closed-its-airports-to-travelers-from-ebola-ravaged-countries/

OK so the solution is to close the borders to these people and let Ebola fester within their own borders.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2014/10/01/why-hasnt-the-u-s-closed-its-airports-to-travelers-from-ebola-ravaged-countries/

It's better to allow people like the guy in the Dallas hospital to continue to travel into the US and infect others?

If I were president, I'd restrict travel to and from these countries as I would put the health and welfare of US citizens first.

I care about America and our children. I guess they have another focus. BTW It's becoming apparent that the Texas Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan knew he was probably infected, and came to the U.S. because that was his best chance of survival. His sister died from it, and he had tried to carry her to the hospital the day before she passed but there was no room available. He and others like him should be stopped!

• Like 5

It's better to allow people like the guy in the Dallas hospital to continue to travel into the US and infect others?

If I were president, I'd restrict travel to and from these countries as I would put the health and welfare of US citizens first.

Never said that. The people that are infected with Ebola get very, very sick very, very quick and cannot travel.

You seem to think that by isolating these people you will control Ebola. The experts, of which you are not one, are saying otherwise.

Never said that. The people that are infected with Ebola get very, very sick very, very quick and cannot travel.

You seem to think that by isolating these people you will control Ebola. The experts, of which you are not one, are saying otherwise.

No they don't, the incubation period is 21 days and it comes on like the flu or a cold.

No they don't, the incubation period is 21 days and it comes on like the flu or a cold.

Whatever NJ. I'm not going to debate this with you.

I hope this outbreak is contained sooner than later.

BTW, once these people get infectious, they get very, very sick very, very fast.

You really aren't paying attention are you? The incubation period is 2-21 days. The guy in the Dallas hospital came over here after having been exposed. He didn't start developing symptoms until AFTER he arrived in Dallas from Africa. Now if we continue to allow travel to the US from those countries, how many more like him who had been exposed, but not showing symptoms can enter the country and then start developing symptoms and exposing others?

Do you not understand that?

• Like 4