Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
bigplay

My son is mad at Mrs. Obama's Healthy Hunger garbage

Although I do agree that Michelle Obama has a bad first lady agenda, much much much better things she could focus on, I don't know why people let their kids eat out of vending machines and pizza etc on a regular basis anyway. No the gov't shouldn't mandate what we can and can't have, however I don't think its that bad to give better options of food. Its not like they removed the choice to have a snack from a machine, just offer better options. Are we really complaining about the lack of poptarts, chips and pizza???

True, and I agree there's nothing wrong with the schools serving healthier lunches. But when kids and their parents complain that the kids aren't getting enough to eat, they need to look in the mirror for the solution, not just bitch about the tax-payer funded lunches. Pack your own lunch, or at least pack some supplemental snacks, and then you'll know what and how much they're eating. It's that simple.

• Like 6

Although I do agree that Michelle Obama has a bad first lady agenda, much much much better things she could focus on, I don't know why people let their kids eat out of vending machines and pizza etc on a regular basis anyway. No the gov't shouldn't mandate what we can and can't have, however I don't think its that bad to give better options of food. Its not like they removed the choice to have a snack from a machine, just offer better options. Are we really complaining about the lack of poptarts, chips and pizza???

I don't think anyone here is complaining about the lack of chips, pop tarts and pizza. The fact that they charge the same price for less food? Maybe. I was only giving examples of how vending machine choices have changed.

I wonder what the sodium content is in reduced fat chips? Sometimes fat isn't the biggest evil to be found in foods.

• Like 1

I agree those bitching should look in the mirror. My son bitched and we are taking care of that. My issue is related to the kids who normally got their best meal of the day at school. From the sounds of many so far, these are the kids getting screwed. Their home life is partially broken already, so now the government changes one of their luxuries. Yeah school lunch a luxury, but for these kids, a full belly was something to look forward to. Not sure that is happening or allowed nowadays. I have seen numerous articles discussing this issue. I hope these kids are not left out.

• Like 1

You guys are just pissed because I call you out on your subtle slurs.

You think it a joke but you're not fooling anyone.

Personal attacks.
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone here is complaining about the lack of chips, pop tarts and pizza. The fact that they charge the same price for less food? Maybe. I was only giving examples of how vending machine choices have changed.

I wonder what the sodium content is in reduced fat chips? Sometimes fat isn't the biggest evil to be found in foods.

Exactly... All these people who say I don't eat pizza it's not healthy but think nothing of sitting their kids down in front of the tube with a bag of "baked" Lay's.... It's a crock. I don't eat even remotely what would be called a healthy diet, in fact people swear by what I eat I will be 400 lbs soon but I understand the concept of moderation. My kids hate the revision to lunches and complain about the whole wheat pop tarts but they are eating me alive trying to keep three growing kids in snacks! And no, they probably won't meet Mrs. Obama's standards. I'm ok with that...

Any price paid for junk food is a price paid for evil, jenilyn!

It would be better to throw a dollar in a mud hole than to spend that dollar on any kind of evil, big or small.

It would be better to throw a dollar in a mud hole than to spend that dollar on any kind of evil, big or small.

You can't eat mud.

Why in the heck are local school systems allowing the federal government to decide what will be served in the cafeterias? Because when states accept money from the federal government for education, all kinds of strings are attached to receiving the money. This is the kind of government the liberals want.

• Like 2

Are you sure? I hear that big butts are a racial stereotype and we surely wouldn't want to suggest that those uttering such things are sucked into that racial stereotype. I mean we know they're not racists at all; they've told us that so many, many times.

Here is a QnA regarding what is and isn't required.

Sometimes, at a local level, things do get mistranslated so if you run into a conflict in practice, take your facts to the principal as that is part of his/her job.

Here are some facts: attachicon.gifsettingrecordstraight.pdf

pubby

It was round but not FAT. I saw her at the BALL. https://www.google.com/search?q=michelle+obama+commander+in+chief%27s+ball&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=sNoNM27wx9QVzM%253A%253B1tm5eRWBhj39HM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.defense.gov%25252FPhotoEssays%25252FPhotoEssaySS.aspx%25253FID%2525253D3503&source=iu&usg=__L2HJv8DHrQhBwS7s3e0SNpO-S1s%3D&sa=X&ei=8VDyU-f-Dsa-8gGOk4CoDw&ved=0CDIQ9QEwBQ&biw=1600&bih=799#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=sNoNM27wx9QVzM%253A%3B1tm5eRWBhj39HM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.defense.gov%252Fdodcmsshare%252Fphotoessay%252F2013-01%252Fhires_20130121-A-SR101-4493c.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.defense.gov%252FPhotoEssays%252FPhotoEssaySS.aspx%253FID%253D3503%3B2271%3B1514

Of my three kids, one gets hot lunch everyday, one gets it occassionally and the other not at all. I've heard the complaints about the food. The one who gets it everyday hasn't said it tastes bad, only that all the good things are offered on the same 2 days instead of spread out like they used to be.

Having said that, no one is forced to buy school lunch. It is a convenience that it is offered. The one who takes it everyday has said he'll start bringing his own on the days he doesn't like whats offered. Problem solved.

Mrs. Obama is thinner than the majority of American women. I think she looks great. It's sad that women are considered fat because they aren't shaped like a pencil.

• Like 3

You can't eat mud.

Why in the heck are local school systems allowing the federal government to decide what will be served in the cafeterias? Because when states accept money from the federal government for education, all kinds of strings are attached to receiving the money. This is the kind of government the liberals want.

If some of the leaders of the Georgia GOP were involved, they'd be serving Soylent Green ... no wait ... that would imply they think kids should eat at all. ... my bad.

pubby

If some of the leaders of the Georgia GOP were involved, they'd be serving Soylent Green ... no wait ... that would imply they think kids should eat at all. ... my bad.

pubby

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That's hilarious. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You have one of the strangest concepts of evil that I've ever seen.

You have one of the strangest concepts of evil that I've ever seen.

Anything that is not good for the Lords Temple (your body) is evil. Why is that so strange of a thing for you to comprehend,, markdavd?

Corinthians 6:19-20, Your Body, His Temple Edited by The Postman

Anything that is not good for the Lords Temple (your body) is evil. Why is that so strange of a thing for you to comprehend,, markdavd?

Corinthians 6:19-20, Your Body, His Temple

Still doesn't come close to being evil - how can inanimate objects be evil?

Still doesn't come close to being evil - how can inanimate objects be evil?

They are not evil until you partake of them, markdavd!

Forbidden fruit was not evil until Adam partook of it.

Those who talked about Michelle Obama's anatomy no doubt are just parroting what they've heard in the right wing media that seeks simultaneously to dispel any notion that they have any anti-woman agenda.

That's why there are similar videos compiled talking about Laura and Barbara Bush (not) although I suppose it isn't really a racist thing since they've got a ton of crap they've said about Hillery (aka: Hitlery) they could (and will likely) begin playing in about a year.

The real question though is whether by noting Limbaugh's favorite nickname for the former Secy. of State, does that mean I lost the argument under that arcane Internet rule?

pubby

They are not evil until you partake of them, markdavd!

Forbidden fruit was not evil until Adam partook of it.

The forbidden fruit was never evil, before or after it was eaten. It was just forbidden.

On the other hand, threatening to kill someone is evil.

When ya go down in black bottom, put yo money in yo shoes, cause dim women in black bottom got dim black bottom blues.

Barack Obama's got them black bottom blues, just by hanging around with Mechell.

Edited by The Postman

Where would a kid keep their lunch at the Middle and high school level? Would/do they have enough time to get to their lockers to retrive said lunch, and still get to the lunch room with enough time to eat said lunch? At the middle school level the kids are still taken to lunch, and have to sit in the desgainted area. How would that child who may have to retrive their lunch accomplish that? As far as high school, the kids have 30min in which to get their food sit down eat, and get to the next class. When would they be able to get their lunch? Keep in mind that they can't eat in the classrooms. They can have water though.

According to this, if my child eats 6x a day, he would need at each "meal" 533.33333 calories for the meal to get his total intake for the day. Now I know that not all of you have a 6' 247# lineman in your home, but there are over 20,000 of us that do, and that is in the state of Ga.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/healthy-calorie-intake-15yearold-boy-5543.html

The forbidden fruit was never evil, before or after it was eaten. It was just forbidden.

On the other hand, threatening to kill someone is evil.

It has an evil quality, markdavd!

It serves to do harm to the person eating it.

I am still trying to wrap my head around my kindergarteners school (Carroll county) has shrimp for lunch, which shes allergic to...

• Like 1

Where would a kid keep their lunch at the Middle and high school level? Would/do they have enough time to get to their lockers to retrive said lunch, and still get to the lunch room with enough time to eat said lunch? At the middle school level the kids are still taken to lunch, and have to sit in the desgainted area. How would that child who may have to retrive their lunch accomplish that? As far as high school, the kids have 30min in which to get their food sit down eat, and get to the next class. When would they be able to get their lunch? Keep in mind that they can't eat in the classrooms. They can have water though.

According to this, if my child eats 6x a day, he would need at each "meal" 533.33333 calories for the meal to get his total intake for the day. Now I know that not all of you have a 6' 247# lineman in your home, but there are over 20,000 of us that do, and that is in the state of Ga.

http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/healthy-calorie-intake-15yearold-boy-5543.html

When I was in school, we could go to our locker after every class and on the way to lunch.

When I was in school, we could go to our locker after every class and on the way to lunch.

That would work if the locker is in the same building as the class you are in before lunch. For my son that would not be an issue, but if he were in the building clear on the other side of the campus then it could be an issue.

In middle school they have certain times they can go to the lockers. I think it's twice a day.

Back in the stone age when I was in school, my locker was in the 100 building, and lunch was in the 200 building and my class was in the 300 building. These buildings were on a hill in a straight line, For us it really wasn't an issue because we didn't have to eat in the lunch room. We could eat out on the lawn, or in the common area of the building we were in. I don't think the kids can do that now.

Isn't it interesting that all of us with kids in school are hearing the same things from them.

I have a junior who has been mad since the first day.

He says that practically everyone feels the same way.

For my part, I buy him almost anything he wants so he can take something to eat.

But this is about the one-size-fits-all approach, the "we're all the same" mentality of certain types of people.

Instead of saying little Billy is a fat and need to eat fewer twinkies, just take the twinkies away from everyone - that way nobody gets their feeling hurt.

In the mean time, don't let them play outside because they may get too rough or too dirty - the only acceptable activity is walking and jumping rope.

All of this is one big joke - a sick joke - and we just sit here and take it.

• Like 2

Isn't it interesting that all of us with kids in school are hearing the same things from them.

I have a junior who has been mad since the first day.

He says that practically everyone feels the same way.

For my part, I buy him almost anything he wants so he can take something to eat.

But this is about the one-size-fits-all approach, the "we're all the same" mentality of certain types of people.

Instead of saying little Billy is a fat and need to eat fewer twinkies, just take the twinkies away from everyone - that way nobody gets their feeling hurt.

In the mean time, don't let them play outside because they may get too rough or too dirty - the only acceptable activity is walking and jumping rope.

All of this is one big joke - a sick joke - and we just sit here and take it.

Nail on the head. Exactly.

That is the answer to everything the gooberment gets their paws on. And, it's always catering to the lowest common denominator.

• Like 1

Funny thing happened earlier, my son dumped a few bags of reduced fat chips out of his book bag. What a pathetic looking bag of chips. I think ants would even turn them down. This program is bullcheeze. Sorry if that's a George Carlin bad word, but I have lots more if allowable. Oh yeah I will eat these same chips, but I am 100 pounds overweight based on guidelines so I do it for my own health. My son is 35 pounds under where he should be so why would he want a baked chip that tastes like another Carlin word!

When ya go down in black bottom, put yo money in yo shoes, cause dim women in black bottom got dim black bottom blues.

Barack Obama's got them black bottom blues, just by hanging around with Mechell.

What was pubby saying about racist statements?

What was pubby saying about racist statements?

Would it really make a difference . . . really?

Mrs. Obama is thinner than the majority of American women. I think she looks great. It's sad that women are considered fat because they aren't shaped like a pencil.

The "majority of American women" are not preaching to the school systems about nutrician. Much less giving them poor advice.

Mrs. Obama doesn't look great. Her weight is not that bad, but she dresss terribly and frequently displays lots of attitude in public. She doesn't show a fraction of the grace or culture that the last several frst ladies have demonstrated. The Brits abhor her, and frankly she is an embarrassment to our nation.

Would it really make a difference . . . really?

Nope.

You can't eat mud.

If you accept federal money for lunches you have to abide by their guidelines. One in Kentucy didn't accept the government money and they can serve and sell what they want. Students can take a stand and not buy the lunches. When they decrease in selling the lunches it will make a point.

If you accept federal money for lunches you have to abide by their guidelines. One in Kentucy didn't accept the government money and they can serve and sell what they want. Students can take a stand and not buy the lunches. When they decrease in selling the lunches it will make a point.

Not exactly true but close. If the State of Georgia accepts federal funding (they take a lot) and then passes it on as state funding you have the same net effect. The State rules also have nutrition guidelines, regulations and state law regarding nutrition. But I guess its easier to blame the "Feds" instead of the state.

Not exactly true but close. If the State of Georgia accepts federal funding (they take a lot) and then passes it on as state funding you have the same net effect. The State rules also have nutrition guidelines, regulations and state law regarding nutrition. But I guess its easier to blame the "Feds" instead of the state.

When the state accepts the money, they accept the guidelines attached to the money. Therefor it still comes down to it being the feds policies dictated to the state for receiving the money.

If you catch Georgia officials doing criminal acts, like Texas Governor Rich Perry did, you can't even get an indictment in our state.

Georgia is the lowest state in the whole 50 states in integrity, and ethics.

Do the kids have access to a microwave to heat up their lunch if they bring it from home? When I was in school we didn't have a way to heat up anything, so it was cold/cool food only. My 7th grader eats lunch 2nd period so he's starving by the time he gets home. I'd love to send a bigger lunch with him besides just a sandwich every single day. He'd love to bring leftover spaghetti or something with substance to tide him over all day.

Not that I know of. When my daughter wants something that will be half way warm, we put it in a Thermos for her.