Paulding.com

Robin Williams found dead

R.I.P.

Sounds like suicide: http://www.tmz.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-commits-suicide/

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-dead-at-63/

Oscar winner and comedian Robin Williams died this morning at 63. While his publicist wouldn’t confirm that it was a suicide, they did issue this statement. “Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

How sad, I loved him too. Who would've thought he suffered from depression, he always seemed so happy. You just never know what others struggle with.

Rest in peace Mr. Williams. :(

• Like 1

Funny, funny man. Dark, dark man.

I've read stories about his dark personality. Sad and apparently hopeless.

I've enjoyed him through the years. RIP Robin. You will be missed.

Have you ever noticed how some of the most talented people whether they are actors, singers, etc., are often very dark personalities? It's sad.

• Like 1

I know so well that those suffering from depression are many times the people you would never have a clue.

They also tend to be the one's it is a fatal condition.

Never hesitate to reach out and get involved when you suspect depression in a friend.

I know his family is devastated and it is a loss to all those that appreciate his talent.

He is finally at peace.

• Like 3

I know so well that those suffering from depression are many times the people you would never have a clue.

They also tend to be the one's it is a fatal condition.

Never hesitate to reach out and get involved when you suspect depression in a friend.

I know his family is devastated and it is a loss to all those that appreciate his talent.

He is finally at peace.

He is and it's so sad that death was his answer.

NOOOOO! Not Mrs. Doubtfire!

I loved him, no matter what he did. And I didn't realize he suffered from depression.

How sad.

R.I.P. Robin Williams

I suspect he was bipolar and self-medicated, given his addiction issues. His highs were clearly high and sadly the lows were even lower.

• Like 1

I know this is sad but I think it a miracle he lasted this long given the nature of bipolar mentalities. Many manics burn out like shooting stars much earlier in life. I think we were all blessed by his presence. I wish he could have lasted like a Sam Clements or Johnathan Winters.

pubby

I suspect he was bipolar and self-medicated, given his addiction issues. His highs were clearly high and sadly the lows were even lower.

I had read fairly recently that he had re-entered rehab to get himself clean again (or as a refresher, or however he put it). I feel so badly for him, and for his family. Such talent. Gone way too soon.

I had read fairly recently that he had re-entered rehab to get himself clean again (or as a refresher, or however he put it). I feel so badly for him, and for his family. Such talent. Gone way too soon.

He said he was clean, he just want a refresher. I read an article earlier that said he let a fan take a picture with him at a Dairy Queen in the town where the rehab was. The picture then was plastered all over the internet revealing he was there.

He said he was clean, he just want a refresher. I read an article earlier that said he let a fan take a picture with him at a Dairy Queen in the town where the rehab was. The picture then was plastered all over the internet revealing he was there.

Ah...I knew it was something like that.

I know this is sad but I think it a miracle he lasted this long given the nature of bipolar mentalities. Many manics burn out like shooting stars much earlier in life. I think we were all blessed by his presence. I wish he could have lasted like a Sam Clements or Johnathan Winters.

pubby

I don't know if many people remember this, but Robin's hero and mentor Jonathan Winters also suffered from severe depression, and was hospitalized at least once for it. Such a sad thing for Robin and his family. His combination of depression, substance addictions, and the depression that often comes after heart surgery was just too much, I guess.

I have dealt with medical depression ("chronic recurrent") and anxiety since childhood. It doesn't just manifest itself in behavior or thought symptoms, it is also has physical symptoms. It's hard to explain or understand unless you also suffer from it. I get so pissed when someone who doesn't understand depression says the deceased was "selfish." That's BS. Depression is a very serious disease, and it is exactly that....a disease. When you are that depressed medically, you become incapable of rational thought. You need medical help. Suicidal thoughts are a medical emergency. Period.

My heart goes out to Robin's family right now.

• Like 5

I have to wonder when you have people who are so creative and talented, if their heads are NEVER quiet and death is the only thing that gives them peace? There are too many of these same stories with stars alive and dead too young, not to have some ring of truth to it. We seem to see it over and over again, but for an icon like Robin Williams not to realize the love the entire world had for him and the contributions he made to more people that will ever be counted, his journey must have been a true He!! for him. I can't imagine. And to think that he had access to any and every possible form of therapy, cost never being a factor, the rest of are doomed if he couldn't get the help he so obviously needed. This is awful, for him, his family and anyone else in his shoes, famous or not.

So sad. When someone's suffering from depression, they're in such a dark place and all they can see is their pain; the only escape from pain, death. No one but him will ever know what was going through his mind in those last few moments. My heart and prayers go out to his family in this horrible time, and comfort as they wonder what they missed and if they could have stopped him.

Nanu-nanu.

So sad. When someone's suffering from depression, they're in such a dark place and all they can see is their pain; the only escape from pain, death. No one but him will ever know what was going through his mind in those last few moments. My heart and prayers go out to his family in this horrible time, and comfort as they wonder what they missed and if they could have stopped him.

:cray: :) :wub:

Nanu-nanu.

:cray: :) :wub: (No clue what happened in that first post).

Edited by momof 3

Have you ever noticed how some of the most talented people whether they are actors, singers, etc., are often very dark personalities? It's sad.

Someone once told me that it is infinitely easier and more satisfying to "play" at being someone else when you don't like yourself much.

I believe it to be true that the finest performers are often tortured souls in their personal lives.

RIP Robin Williams.

You gave the world all you had to give and for that we thank you.

• Like 2

I have to wonder when you have people who are so creative and talented, if their heads are NEVER quiet and death is the only thing that gives them peace? There are too many of these same stories with stars alive and dead too young, not to have some ring of truth to it. We seem to see it over and over again, but for an icon like Robin Williams not to realize the love the entire world had for him and the contributions he made to more people that will ever be counted, his journey must have been a true He!! for him. I can't imagine. And to think that he had access to any and every possible form of therapy, cost never being a factor, the rest of are doomed if he couldn't get the help he so obviously needed. This is awful, for him, his family and anyone else in his shoes, famous or not.

Chronic depression is like having a sieve over your brain everything around you passes through it and as it entersyour mind it becomes a negative. Some have described it like wearing glasses that turn everything a dark gray.

Extremes are often utilized to snap out of it. Extreme talents bring great results and often help clear the fog. Still the millions of synapses in the brain that only process things negatively are still working. With each severe bout of depression more negative connections are made. This is why it is an organic brain disease. I hate when people go on antidepressants without talk therapy. The meds can help control the excess of chemicals, but without talk therapy to generate more positive synapses it is simply a band-aid.

I have come to believe that our need for antidepressants is directly related to our environment. Our exposure through media to negativity is creating more negative pathways in our brains. Without at least as much positive in-put our brains are unbalanced. That is why we are seeing those with so much become negative and depressed.

I have said many times guard what you allow into your brain. Turn the channel, click out of the article and clean house on negativity in your life. Even the violent entertainment we expose ourselves to create negative reactions the last synapse connection is the one that says it is not real. This is why many times when we see or read real tragedies we are slow to react

to the reality. I believe it has caused us to lose much of our natural empathy.

• Like 3

Chronic depression is like having a sieve over your brain everything around you passes through it and as it entersyour mind it becomes a negative. Some have described it like wearing glasses that turn everything a dark gray.

Extremes are often utilized to snap out of it. Extreme talents bring great results and often help clear the fog. Still the millions of synapses in the brain that only process things negatively are still working. With each severe bout of depression more negative connections are made. This is why it is an organic brain disease. I hate when people go on antidepressants without talk therapy. The meds can help control the excess of chemicals, but without talk therapy to generate more positive synapses it is simply a band-aid.

I have come to believe that our need for antidepressants is directly related to our environment. Our exposure through media to negativity is creating more negative pathways in our brains. Without at least as much positive in-put our brains are unbalanced. That is why we are seeing those with so much become negative and depressed.

I have said many times guard what you allow into your brain. Turn the channel, click out of the article and clean house on negativity in your life. Even the violent entertainment we expose ourselves to create negative reactions the last synapse connection is the one that says it is not real. This is why many times when we see or read real tragedies we are slow to react

to the reality. I believe it has caused us to lose much of our natural empathy.

I agree.