Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
OldGoat99

Back in Georgia again.... (just not in Dallas)

I am back in Georgia and happy to be back in my home state. We are over in the Buford area for the IT job market. We are renting for now (no choice). But are happy to be back here. I am working from home right now and will be looking for work in a few months, unless my company keeps me working from home.

It was a great run while in Virginia and we did very well financially. It was hard to be up there, but for the long term it was a very good move for the long term.

Well I should be posting a bit here and there as I get settled in.

Scott

Hey Pubby can I cut / scan and paste a AJC article here?

• Like 1

I am back in Georgia and happy to be back in my home state. We are over in the Buford area for the IT job market. We are renting for now (no choice). But are happy to be back here. I am working from home right now and will be looking for work in a few months, unless my company keeps me working from home.

It was a great run while in Virginia and we did very well financially. It was hard to be up there, but for the long term it was a very good move for the long term.

Scott

Welcome Back! :good: :good: :good:

Scott

Welcome back! We moved back last year, we are in the Peachtree City area.

I think you can post part of an article with a link to the rest unless the rules have changed... welcome back! - hope you were looking forward to humidity and mosquitoes...cause we got plenty of both right now :mellow:

Welcome back, dude! Glad to hear all is well. Not much has changed around here...pcom is kinda like a soap opera...don't check in for awhile, then come back, and pick up right where you left off. ;)

Navy Eagle:

It is always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

As a general rule a scanned and posted image of a newspaper clipping is no different than a full copy and paste of an article. That said, with the pay walls the newspapers are erecting these days I've noticed a lowering of concern regarding enforcement and the infringement of an image/clip would seem to be less likely to be found than a wholesale cut and paste.

There is always fair use considerations in play as well and I certainly hope that our society keeps and expands the fair use provision of IP as far as it is capable.

That said, I do not encourage violation of IP of others and if it strikes me as a blatant violation or if such violation is reported or especially if the IP owner complains, I will delete the image or otherwise remove the violation with gusto.

pubby