Paulding.com

Another child left in a hot car.................why do people not care?

Thank God someone saw them and got them out of the car but, THEY DID NOT CALL THE POLICE........................... What the heck is wrong with people??? They should ahve called 911 and the mother who was getting a haircut, should have been arrested and the children needs to be placed with Family who would take care of the children since she thought a hair cut was more important!!

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/15/toddlers-left-in-car-rescued/12661425/

Here is another one from yesterday, but this one is local. Clayton Co. man had a court hearing and thought he couldn't take the baby into the court room. He just misunderstood that he had to take the baby out of the car seat/carrier to be sent thru the security screener, thingmajig. He took the baby back to the car and rolled the windows down a little bit, locked the doors and went back into the building. Thankful this lady saw the baby and got her out!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/father-arrested-after-leaving-baby-in-car-at-clayt/ngfmk/

WHEN WILL IT END???

Thank God someone saw them and got them out of the car but, THEY DID NOT CALL THE POLICE........................... What the heck is wrong with people??? They should ahve called 911 and the mother who was getting a haircut, should have been arrested and the children needs to be placed with Family who would take care of the children since she thought a hair cut was more important!!

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/15/toddlers-left-in-car-rescued/12661425/

Here is another one from yesterday, but this one is local. Clayton Co. man had a court hearing and thought he couldn't take the baby into the court room. He just misunderstood that he had to take the baby out of the car seat/carrier to be sent thru the security screener, thingmajig. He took the baby back to the car and rolled the windows down a little bit, locked the doors and went back into the building. Thankful this lady saw the baby and got her out!!

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/father-arrested-after-leaving-baby-in-car-at-clayt/ngfmk/

WHEN WILL IT END???

I hate to think that some people are so heartless or stupid or both as to do this to a child. I cant put on here what I would like to do to that sicko that is called Coopers dad....it would not be pretty

And yet people will break out car windows to save a dog.

OK, the thought occurred to me. How in the HELL do you forget a child old enough to talk and who likely is big enough to attempt to get out of the car seat? My granddaughters were trying to unhook their car seats when they were not much more than a year old. And you certainly couldn't forget they were in the car as they were always babbling about something or out and out talking your ear off. Not only that, I could see whichever one was behind me when I looked in the rearview mirror and see the one behind the passenger seat when I'd look to my right.

• Like 1

And yet people will break out car windows to save a dog. <smh>

OK, the thought occurred to me. How in the HELL do you forget a child old enough to talk and who likely is big enough to attempt to get out of the car seat? My granddaughters were trying to unhook their car seats when they were not much more than a year old. And you certainly couldn't forget they were in the car as they were always babbling about something or out and out talking your ear off. Not only that, I could see whichever one was behind me when I looked in the rearview mirror and see the one behind the passenger seat when I'd look to my right.

That is exactly what I said to my husband. If they are old enough to talk then they are going to be talking.

For the life of me I do not understand this whole thing. Just do not understand :(

That is exactly what I said to my husband. If they are old enough to talk then they are going to be talking.

For the life of me I do not understand this whole thing. Just do not understand :(

I don't understand it either. My granddaughters were trying to get out of their car seats at a little more than a year old. How can you forget one that old? Haven't they chattered away the whole time you were driving?

Something else I don't understand is how someone could break out a window or call the cops for a dog in the car and not for a kid in the car! That one is beyond me.

Since my surgery, when my husband goes in the store whether it be Lowe's, Walmart or just the convenience store, I usually sit in the car. Even with the car running I get a lot of strange looks like people are looking to make sure I'm OK. And I'm grown!! I would hope they would do the same for a kid.

These are all intentional events, parent knew they left their child. An accidental event can, and does, happen unfortuately. My 2-year-old is virtually silent on the way to daycare. He's content to stare out the window and watch the scenery. Coming home, he's full of talk about his day, but the mornings aren't so lively. I have to sit up to see him in the rearview mirror because the way my seat is positioned and my mirrors are adjusted to see the road. I've started making myself open the rear car door every time I leave the vehicle just to get in the habit of making sure. I agree that those who deliberately leave their child should be locked in a glass box in Texas in August for a day or so, but I can also see how it could accidentally happen to honest people. If I ever did do that, you'd need to have me committed.

• Like 1

And yet the idea of housing children in tents in the Texas desert is applauded by most of you as a good idea.(?)

hy·poc·ri·sy [hi-pok-ruh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural hy·poc·ri·sies.
a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one doesnot really possess.
a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.
an act or instance of hypocrisy.

And yet the idea of housing children in tents in the Texas desert is applauded by most of you as a good idea.(?)

a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one doesnot really possess.

I don't applaud that.

If you would leave a child in a car, you do not care if someone takes them.

If it is too hot to leave a box of crayons or a chocolate bar, it's too hot to leave a child or animal.

We should all get into the habit of looking in our cars, making sure we are leaving nothing heat could damage and locking the doors.

Even a can of hairspray, sunscreen, paint, tire sealant, etc. can explode quickly in a car.

Locking the doors would prevent anyone entering for any reason, even a child. (except a thief)

I can not walk through a parking lot anymore without looking & listening. I could not imagine how horrible I would feel, just just know I missed spotting a distressed person in a car I walked by.

If they forgot the cell phone, they'd have remembered quicker than their child? I think "not an accident".

WTH has happened to humans?

Apples and Oranges again. You like those don't you?

World of difference between sitting in a tent with the flaps open in 90 degree weather and in a closed car with sunlight streaming in clear windows. If you don't think so, please go spend 2 hours in each and get back to me on the results. :wacko: Lots of people have survived entire days in tents before.

Since the *PARENTS* of said children sent them out into the desert with nothing, I feel they are happy to have some shade to sit under. I would be.

Those parents are as much idiots as the parents listed above as far as I'm concerned.

"Let us send our kids out into the desert with no support in hopes of a better life!!" Right.

• Like 1

WHEN WILL IT END???

The only consequence there seems to be for this, is a dead child. Most people get a slap on the wrist and are told to go forth and sin no more. What a crock. People are idiots and until strong punishment is consistantly meted out, it won't change. Parents/caregivers will continue to be thoughtless and self centered and kids will continue to die. It makes me sick.

Edited by momof 3

I saw a guy on the news yesterday who was arrested for leaving a baby in the car while he went into a barber shop, I think it was. And the weird part was that he was wearing a hat and long overcoat buttoned from hem to collar.

Edited by momof 3

I have lived in the desert with temps in the 120's or so for months on end - it ain't a problem.

I have been on the phone and gotten in the truck and realized after a few minutes that it was roasting and miserable - and only 88-89 outside.

World of difference.

WHERE DID YOU READ THAT ?????

I'm amazed on how many people leave their babies in the car and locked mined you, to run their stupid errands.

People are being called to attention by media when a parent is caught doing so, which common sense, you don't leave a child in a hot vehicle. But yet, you still have parents doing this, with the attitude, "I'll only be a few minutes", or, I won't get caught.

Normally when one or two are caught, it seems others are coming out of the wood work.

Just the other day, I was at Publix and this vehicle caught my attention because it was parked on an angle, in the white markings, that you know you don't park in. I looked at the car and there were two young children in the vehicle with the windows opened, and yelling. I saw the mother and teenage daughter come out of the store. I was looking at the car, and then her, then the car again. She gave me this eat sheeze look, and I turned to my son and told him she can shove her eat sheeze look up her ass.

It's just mind boggling how people are with their children and pets concerning a vehicle. Not only can they die, but they also can be kidnapped.

I'm amazed on how many people leave their babies in the car and locked mined you, to run their stupid errands.

I have told y'all:

People suck! La gente apesta! Menschen saugen! Les gens sucent!

I have lived in the desert with temps in the 120's or so for months on end - it ain't a problem.

I have been on the phone and gotten in the truck and realized after a few minutes that it was roasting and miserable - and only 88-89 outside.

World of difference.

Yeah but slinging hash in the mess hall really doesn't count.

I hope grocery stores etc will start having the buggy boy glance in cars as they pass to retrieve carts. Yes noisy but this could save a kids life. I've always glanced at cars as I pass. I would hate to also live with the thought I passed right by that poor child in that car. Makes me so sick reading about baby copper.

The only consequence there seems to be for this, is a dead child. Most people get a slap on the wrist and are told to go forth and sin no more. What a crock. People are idiots and until strong punishment is consistently meted out, it won't change. Parents/caregivers will continue to be thoughtless and self centered and kids will continue to die. It makes me sick.

The problem is determining which are a tragic accident and which are intentional and which are stupidity.

If it was truly an accident and the parent loved the child, then the parent will be punished by guilt more than anything the state can do. I can't imagine what I would have felt if I had done that. Unfortunately, I imagine that all of us have done at least one mind boggling stupid thing before in our lives for whatever reason. (I know I have!) Even with our "Recovery" from the recession, there are a lot of people out there with a lot on their minds from bills, jobs, kids trying to find jobs, losing a home, pride, etc. It only takes a moments distraction to make a really bad decision.

The guy with the court date gets the most sympathy from me of the ones I've read about lately. He was between a rock and hard place. On probation, he misses that court date and he's back in jail. Maybe that was why he was afraid to discuss the problem with the courthouse guards, in jail I don't imagine it's normal to argue a guards command, even one that's not clear. So what to do? He has two mutually exclusive imperatives:

1) He is not allowed to take the baby into the courthouse.

2) He MUST enter courthouse.

Time is running out!! He has to get in there NOW! Need Solution NOW!!!!

So under pressure he comes up with the mind boggling stupid solution of leaving the kid in the car. Yes, he's an idiot, but I've seen lots of people make stupid decisions when under pressure. At least its a good sign that he didn't want to go back to jail.

An example: A friend of mine had gotten several traffic tickets and he and his wife felt their insurance company was about to cancel on them. All they could think of as a solution was for my friend to give up his drivers license and ride a moped the 10 miles to work in the North Carolina mountains every day so she could keep the insurance. I finally asked them how they thought that people with DUIs kept their insurance, and told them to find a different company, that WOULD insure him. Dawn broke and they did and he kept his license. Sometimes people fixate on bad solutions and can't see anything else.

Not to say those who's kids survive this kind of stupid decision should get off easy since this can too easily be fatal. The child should be taken from them while they are reviewed to see if there is a habit of criminal negligence and they should have to deal with DFCS visits for six months to a year after they get it back. Make stupidity cost, but if it was a one time bad judgement call, don't ruin their life over it.

Unfortunately, it's much easier to make a child than to raise one.

Yeah but slinging hash in the mess hall really doesn't count.

Well, as those kids have nothing to do but lay around while the US Govt has people slinging hash for them, it's sounds pretty close to the same to me.

The problem is determining which are a tragic accident and which are intentional and which are stupidity.

If it was truly an accident and the parent loved the child, then the parent will be punished by guilt more than anything the state can do. I can't imagine what I would have felt if I had done that. Unfortunately, I imagine that all of us have done at least one mind boggling stupid thing before in our lives for whatever reason. (I know I have!) Even with our "Recovery" from the recession, there are a lot of people out there with a lot on their minds from bills, jobs, kids trying to find jobs, losing a home, pride, etc. It only takes a moments distraction to make a really bad decision.

The guy with the court date gets the most sympathy from me of the ones I've read about lately. He was between a rock and hard place. On probation, he misses that court date and he's back in jail. Maybe that was why he was afraid to discuss the problem with the courthouse guards, in jail I don't imagine it's normal to argue a guards command, even one that's not clear. So what to do? He has two mutually exclusive imperatives:

1) He is not allowed to take the baby into the courthouse.

2) He MUST enter courthouse.

Time is running out!! He has to get in there NOW! Need Solution NOW!!!!

So under pressure he comes up with the mind boggling stupid solution of leaving the kid in the car. Yes, he's an idiot, but I've seen lots of people make stupid decisions when under pressure. At least its a good sign that he didn't want to go back to jail.

An example: A friend of mine had gotten several traffic tickets and he and his wife felt their insurance company was about to cancel on them. All they could think of as a solution was for my friend to give up his drivers license and ride a moped the 10 miles to work in the North Carolina mountains every day so she could keep the insurance. I finally asked them how they thought that people with DUIs kept their insurance, and told them to find a different company, that WOULD insure him. Dawn broke and they did and he kept his license. Sometimes people fixate on bad solutions and can't see anything else.

Not to say those who's kids survive this kind of stupid decision should get off easy since this can too easily be fatal. The child should be taken from them while they are reviewed to see if there is a habit of criminal negligence and they should have to deal with DFCS visits for six months to a year after they get it back. Make stupidity cost, but if it was a one time bad judgement call, don't ruin their life over it.

Unfortunately, it's much easier to make a child than to raise one.

Well, as those kids have nothing to do but lay around while the US Govt has people slinging hash for them, it's sounds pretty close to the same to me.

I do believe that things can be a tragic and horrific accident, such as in a daycare situation. However, when you have a stupid irresponsible excuse for a parent and they leave the kids in the car while they go shopping or to get a haircut and they are too sorry to get a babysitter or to take them inside with them, that's NOT an accident of any kind and they need the book thrown at them. They need to lose their kids and go to jail. It's a self serving act because you don't want to be bothered with your own kid. I don't know why the self centeredness of stupid people still surprises me.

Our military personnel sleep in tents in the desert. Are you saying illegal immigrants should be treated better than our own military members? Besides, the tents the military uses today have HVAC systems for them to keep you cool from the heat and warm from the cold. I know from personal experience as I've slept in them and worked from them many, many times. Your argument has no merit.

Here's one of the tents used with the HVAC system.

3-tent-cooling-.jpg

Edited by El Zorro

Layers upon layers of fact checking :

Mom Accidentally Locked Kids In Car & Immediately Sought Help To Rescue Them

http://news92fm.com/456584/witnesses-say-katy-mom-did-not-leave-kids-in-hot-car/

:(

The first time I saw this on the news, they did NOT say a word about the children being accidently locked in the car. They said the people who found the children locked in the car, busted the windows out and got them out and then the Mother came out. Then she drove away. NO one called 911. NO ONE SAID A WORD ABOUT HER ACCIDENTLY LOCKING THE CHILDREN IN THE CAR, at that time. The next day, is when I heard about the story being changed. Still, you shouldn't be so careless as to lock your children in the car. Granted, I have locked my keys inside my car many times but, I have NEVER locked my kids in the car and I always lock my doors, everywhere, no matter if I have stepped away for just a minute.