Paulding.com

Perhaps it's time for a topic on a lighter note.

We have had some pretty serious topics for a while, perhaps we can discuss a topic that may be interesting and really doesn't mean much in the long run.

I would like to know what you think about paranormal things and the various creatures that are often seen by people.

Do you think the exist? Don't exist? May exist? Just aren't sure? Just don't care?

I have made my list that I would like your answers to, I have included mine.

I have also included a couple of short storys about my experiences.

Please feel free to add to the list and include any experiences you may have or know of.

Bigfoot (By bigfoot, I mean all large manlike apelike creatures, including the Yeti and others) - May exist

Ghost (By ghost, I mean human type ghosts, whether they are intelligent spirits or just trapped energy that is almost like a recording playing over and over, but with human or animal forms) - May Exist, Very Possible (to the point that I could not swear I believe, but I may could come close)

Paranormal Events - (such as knocking sounds, footsteps, lights turning on or off by themselves, etc) - Believe they exist

Loch Ness Monster and other lake monsters - I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster, but I am not sure about other lake monsters, May Exist

Chupacabra - No Doesn't Exist (sorry Blondie)

Mothman - No Doesn't Exist

The Jersey Devil - No Doesn't Exist now, something may have existed a long time ago, or not

The Bermuda Triangle - Well, I guess the triangle (if you can call it a triangle) does exist, but as far as something weird going on there, I have to say Probably Not

Now my experiences, I am pretty sure I have listed them here before.

I lived in a house, with a young lady, for several years that had all sorts of paranormal stuff going on.

Loud knocking, banging, footsteps on the stairs to the basement, lights that were left on were turned off, lights that were left off were turned on.

Once there were noises so loud in the basement that I knew some kids had broken in and were trashing the place, yet nothing was moved and no one was there.

There are more examples, but that is the basics.

I grew up next to my grandfather's house. He built the house from lumber made from the trees he cut down on the property. It was built in the late 40's and he and my grandmother lived there till both died. My grandfather died several years after my grandmother.

Eventually my uncle bought the place and my cousin's son (who was between 6-10 yrs old), who was spending the night, saw an old man.

He woke up my uncle and described the old man, who had spoken to the boy, asking about a pocket watch. (my grandfather always carried a pocket watch)

My uncle went and got a picture of my grandfather and showed it to the boy who said that was the man asking about the pocket watch.

Two things, the boy was born after my grandfather passed away and the boy had woke up, gone into the kitchen for a drink and saw the old man when he came back to the bedroom, so he was awake when this happened. (or didn't happen, if that is the way you believe)

My grandfather's house is now owned by someone other than family.

My mother still lives next door.

Last year I asked the man who owns my grandfather's house, if I could go through the house, as several changes had been made to it since my grandfather lived there.

The man was agreeable and my wife and I, along with my mother, went over to tour the house.

The first thing the man who owned the house said when we got inside was, tell me about Mr. (name)'s ghost.

I asked what he meant.

The man said that he had doors that opened and shut by themselves and he also had noises of doors opening and shutting when none had been opened or shut.

But the biggest thing was that the people who did the pest control had spoken to him about seeing my grandfather's ghost several times over the years.

(a quick note, my grandfather and father built that house, from scratch, those doors do not open or shut, unless someone opens or shuts them, Bobby Jones picked my grandfather to build his house in ATL, the man knew how to build a house)

I didn't see granddaddy's ghost during my visit (although I had hoped to), but I did tell the man who owned the house that my grandfather was a good man, but a stern man who didn't put up with a lot of tomfoolery, so take care of the place. :)

I asked the man if he had ever seen my grandfather and said no, but both my wife and my mother weren't so sure he told the truth, based on the look on his face when he said it, I agree with my wife and mom.

• Like 1

I don't think that I believe in Bigfoot or the other animal or animal-like creatures that you mentioned. On the other hand, I do believe in the paranormal to a certain degree. I love to watch all the paranormal shows on tv and would love the opportunity to be with investigators as they tour a property. Some things have happened to my family since my father passed a year and a half ago and I would love to believe that was his way of letting us know that he is still watching over us. The day he passed away I was staying with mom. While I was trying to sleep on the couch that night one of the dogs toys started going off by itself. I just smiled and said ok Dad I know you are here. One day my mom was having a hard time and missing him greatly. She was watching tv and she said all of the sudden the tv went off and the printer on her desk just started going off by itself. It didn't print anything but mom said dad never did learn how to use the computer. I asked her if she lost power and she said no. My mom would often find pennies laying around in places where they weren't before. When she found dimes one day, someone told her that meant that he was moving on. That really upset her because she wants to know that he is still watching over her everyday. I am a Christian and I hope that the Lord gives us an opportunity to say goodbye to those we love especially if we are taken unexpectedly like my dad.

I believe that all things in the universe exist side by side in the same space.

Being in a human body limits us to only experiencing what our limited senses will

allow us to experience.

While many believe loved ones go somewhere, I do not.

They are with us, co-existing in the same space. I believe they can sense our thoughts and

feelings because those things are a form of energy. I also believe that we all have some ability

to sense and communicate with them.

The idea of communicating with the dead being scary comes from our own fear of death and the unknown.

I think the signs and shapes sometimes seen are an effort to comfort us by loved ones,

especially when someone is grieving or has unresolved issues and feelings for those that have passed.

For us we grieve over a space of time, which means nothing to those that have passed. What is left of our

lives to live after the loved one has passed is a blink of an eye in terms of time to the loved one on the other side.

I always think that grieving too hard, and too long hurts the loved ones that have passed because they

have no ability to comfort us, other than trying to let their presence be known in ways that frighten us.

I have had what I know are communications, I had a communication just before my daughters accident and just before

the news about my dad's skin cancer. It is not a sign that I should do anything to prevent what will happen, but a communication that something is going to happen and that they are with us.

As far as the creatures that people have seen, I think that there is a very good chance that they exist

on a different plain and for some reason we can occasionally glimpse it.

There is a lot of theory out there about dimensions, to me they make a lot of sense when trying to understand

what we call paranormal.

I was about 12 or 13 when I spent the night at my grandmother's house with a second cousin and one of her friends. They wanted to have a seance. I was up for it though I was pretty much a wuzz. Nothing happened. Well, nothing happened until about a half hour after we finally went to bed. Suddenly we heard a loud bang right in the room with us. Nobody would get up to see what it was. The next morning we awoke to find that something had fallen off my grandmother's dresser. The odd thing about it was the item was on the backside of the dresser but it was lying in front of the dresser in the morning. We all knew it was on the backside of the dresser when we went to bed. We also all knew it was on the front in the floor when we got up.

Another time my daughter and I were sitting on our front porch one hot summer night. We both watched in amazement as "something" floated down the street. Silently. About six inches off the ground. After a few minutes, my daughter and I turned to each other and said "did you just see something go down the street?" We're both like "ah, yeah. I thought I was imagining things but if you saw it too I guess I wasn't imagining it". We still talk about this from time to time.

So, yeah, I believe in some of those things.

Here's a feel good video about some beached dolphins........

I heard Chris Christie recently took time off from the campaign trail to relax on the beach. But he had to give it up after an hour because some folks from Greenpeace kept trying to drag him into the ocean.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 2

I heard Chris Christie recently took time off from the campaign trail to relax on the beach. But he had to give it up after an hour because some folks from Greenpeace kept trying to drag him into the ocean.

You're so bad :rofl:

• Like 1

I don't think that I believe in Bigfoot or the other animal or animal-like creatures that you mentioned. On the other hand, I do believe in the paranormal to a certain degree. I love to watch all the paranormal shows on tv and would love the opportunity to be with investigators as they tour a property. Some things have happened to my family since my father passed a year and a half ago and I would love to believe that was his way of letting us know that he is still watching over us. The day he passed away I was staying with mom. While I was trying to sleep on the couch that night one of the dogs toys started going off by itself. I just smiled and said ok Dad I know you are here. One day my mom was having a hard time and missing him greatly. She was watching tv and she said all of the sudden the tv went off and the printer on her desk just started going off by itself. It didn't print anything but mom said dad never did learn how to use the computer. I asked her if she lost power and she said no. My mom would often find pennies laying around in places where they weren't before. When she found dimes one day, someone told her that meant that he was moving on. That really upset her because she wants to know that he is still watching over her everyday. I am a Christian and I hope that the Lord gives us an opportunity to say goodbye to those we love especially if we are taken unexpectedly like my dad.

"Mom, the printer is printing all by it's self! But there is nothing on the paper!"

"Don't worry, that just your father. He still hasn't learned how to work the computer."

I love that story.

Just think, if your dad had been better with the computer, we may have the first printed message from the beyond.

(said with a little joking and perhaps a little bit of seriousness, who knows?)

But no offence meant in any way.

• Like 1

Bigfoot (By bigfoot, I mean all large manlike apelike creatures, including the Yeti and others) - May exist What do you call more than one Bigfoot? Bigfooti? Bigfoots? Bigfeets?

Chupacabra - No Doesn't Exist (sorry Blondie) Blasphemer!

Edited by Cranemec

I do believe in ghost. I do believe in ghost, I do, I do, I do believe in ghost. :excl:

Now, may I ask you a question? Do you believe in ghost's?

Bigfoot (By bigfoot, I mean all large manlike apelike creatures, including the Yeti and others) - No way. Not after all these years of sightings with no tangible proof to speak of. Besides, primates are social animals. Bigfoot, according to prevailing popular myth seems to be a loner.

Ghost (By ghost, I mean human type ghosts, whether they are intelligent spirits or just trapped energy that is almost like a recording playing over and over, but with human or animal forms) - Highly possible

Paranormal Events - (such as knocking sounds, footsteps, lights turning on or off by themselves, etc) - Yes

Loch Ness Monster and other lake monsters - I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster, but I am not sure about other lake monsters, Nope.

Chupacabra - No

Mothman - No

The Jersey Devil - No

The Bermuda Triangle - No

Here's a thought, perhaps those pictures of Bigfoot are really good pictures, perhaps it is Bigfoot himself that is fuzzy.

Or maybe Bigfoot is possessed and the blurriness is caused by an evil spirit.

I don't know why I do it, but I always say "goats" instead of "ghosts".

Maybe it just makes them sound less scary, or maybe I think they will laugh at what I said and leave me alone.