Paulding.com

Horrible goings on in D'ville

I have felt ashamed my whole life, because of the way I've seen minorities treated. I was about years old when I started getting out and noticing how they were treated. People mistreated them awfully. I could never figure out why a big grown man would stand and be humiliated so bad, and then say youser Mr, John, or Mr, Henry, whatever the man's first name was. I heard some awful jokes toward them and some would scratch their head, and laugh right along, while there wasn't a damn thing funny to them.

I hate mean people to this day.

Edited by The Postman

I don't wish to play a race card, CC, but he deliberately killed a black woman by running over her several times. :(

Now, how the heck do you figure it was just because she was black??? That has nothoing to do with the price of tea in China!!!! I'm sure a witness said he must have been on drugs, by the way he was acting.

This just goes to show, "IF" you are in an accident, STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE AND CALL 911!!! If I think my life is in danger, I'd drive away to a "SAFEPLACE" after calling 911 and letting them know my intentions and where abouts!!

This just goes to show, "IF" you are in an accident, STAY IN YOUR VEHICLE AND CALL 911!!! If I think my life is in danger, I'd drive away to a "SAFEPLACE" after calling 911 and letting them know my intentions and where abouts!!

But most people would think it a safe situation when they are surrounded by other motorists.

Douglasville has gotten more and more rundown and disgusting over the past few years.

I am out there from time to time and, like you, I haven't necessarily felt unsafe, but I don't like to go there and when there I want to get out of there as quickly as possible.

Have you seen Dallas lately ?

Now, how the heck do you figure it was just because she was black??? That has nothoing to do with the price of tea in China!!!! I'm sure a witness said he must have been on drugs, by the way he was acting.

I didn't figure it was, "JUST BECAUSE." anything, Mrs G!

But is very well could be a factor. :)

Have you seen Dallas lately ?

It's not quiet as bad as Douglasville, CC!

The DA, in Douglasville, had three guns stolen from his car. The Chief Investigator (Josh Skinner) found the scene of the crime to be "fishy". So, the DA did his own investigation! After that, the Chief Investigator, and two other investigators, were demoted.

Edited by The Postman

Douglasville has been a cheezehole for years. I only drive through it when I have to. Nothing worthwhile to stop for.

There is a great mexican restaurant in D'ville.

Taqueria Jalisco (www.taqueria-jalisco.com), we think it is the best Mexican place around, it is in the Kroger shopping center at the corner of Hwy 92 and Hospital Dr.

The wife is from CO and she out of any place around Paulding county, it is the closest to the mexican style food she ate out west.

Back when I first started eating there, not long after they opened, I was usually the only gringo in the place.

They have expanded and now have a very mixed clientele.

• Like 1

The difference between Douglas and Paulding is that most of PC`s bad news is kept quiet.As for the kids who got locked up with no food....If they would have been behaving,they would not have been in jail in the first place.Sorry about the dead lady.She NEEDED a gun.

I didn't figure it was, "JUST BECAUSE." anything, Mrs G!

But is very well could be a factor. :)

In post # 15, YOUR WORDS............................I don't wish to play a race card, CC, but he deliberately killed a black woman by running over her several times.

I would bet that she didn't just get out to check the damage, she probably got out cussing, screaming and threatening the other driver.

Not that that's an excuse.

Unless she had a gun.

What does having a gun have to do with it. cmorg?

Do you mean I can't cuss you out, if I have a gun? What if I cuss you out and don't have a gun?

Edited by The Postman

In post # 15, YOUR WORDS............................I don't wish to play a race card, CC, but he deliberately killed a black woman by running over her several times.

I am perceiving it to be murder, the woman was black, and he is from Alabama.

I was tricked, by some friends of mine, once, as we were supposed to be going to Alabama just for the fun of it. But, it's wasn't fun to me when I got there and realized I was at a cross burning.

These people had a black homemade dummy hanging by a noose from one arm of the cross, and were celebrating as they set it on fire

So it was a card like I had used on me.

Edited by The Postman

What does having a gun have to do with it. cmorg?

Do you mean I can't cuss you out, if I have a gun? What if I cuss you out and don't have a gun?

I never know if you are just playing dumb . . .

What I meant (in the quote below) is that if she got out screaming, cussing, threatening AND had a gun pointed at the guy, I could understand him running her over.

But that didn't happen.

This guy was just a POS douche.

I would bet that she didn't just get out to check the damage, she probably got out cussing, screaming and threatening the other driver.

Not that that's an excuse.

Unless she had a gun.

I never know if you are just playing dumb . . .

What I meant (in the quote below) is that if she got out screaming, cussing, threatening AND had a gun pointed at the guy, I could understand him running her over.

But that didn't happen.

This guy was just a POS douche.

I don't really know. It might be that the young man knew something that was passed on through family tradition, cmorg!

Edited by The Postman

I don't really know. It might be that the young man knew something that was passed on through family tradition, cmorg!

Yeah, and it could be that this "lady" was a total bitch and finally got what was coming to her.

The "whys" are complete speculation.

Yeah, and it could be that this "lady" was a total bitch and finally got what was coming to her.

The "whys" are complete speculation.

I am only speculating, just like you, cmorg!

We'll both be listening for the jury's decision, if he doesn't settle out of court. like Gov. Deal did on his second lawsuit for bad ethics, and his protectors in office. And, like the Douglas County DA did on the stolen guns, which Investigator Josh Skinner, and two other Investigators found to be a "fishy" deal.

Edited by The Postman

According to various sources on the Internet, Pitts was a good woman and was working on her Masters in psychology with the hope of opening a battered women's shelter.

So that takes us back to the idea that the guy who ran her over was just a POS douche.

• Like 2

And his grandfather was the mayor of Birmingham for 13 years. So he's probably gotten out of a lot of trouble just because of who he is and lots of money.

He won't get out of this one. He may plead insanity but he will still go to prison. Which is where he should be.

• Like 1

And his grandfather was the mayor of Birmingham for 13 years. So he's probably gotten out of a lot of trouble just because of who he is and lots of money.

He won't get out of this one. He may plead insanity but he will still go to prison. Which is where he should be.

It certainly appears that's where he needs to be.

His grandfather was probably mayor of Birmingham, when I was tricked into going there, by some friends of mine. They had a cross burning, with a homemade dummy of MLK hanging on a rope, from one arm of a burning cross. :pardon:

This is a bad deal all the way around.

I doubt this kid would have ever done anything like this if alcohol and/or drugs were not involved. (yes, I am presuming)

Two lives lost, one wasted and countless more changed forever.

It would not surprise me to learn that he had been protected from receiving consequences of past actions.

I am starting to change my opinion a little about D'ville.

Last weekend the wife and sent to the mexican place to pickup some food and were panhandled by a "homeless" couple who needed help getting a motel.

The liberal wife was approached first and by the time I could get there, she had already promised them help.

Tonight I stopped by the mexican joint to pickup some food and I was again approached by a guy panhandling.

I told him I helped someone last weekend, that my quota for the month had been filled and he was a week late.

It is starting to seem like you can't even go and pickup some takeout without being bothered by bums.

ETA, if I wanted to make it a race topic, I could mention the race of both panhandlers, but I will refrain

I am starting to change my opinion a little about D'ville.

Last weekend the wife and sent to the mexican place to pickup some food and were panhandled by a "homeless" couple who needed help getting a motel.

The liberal wife was approached first and by the time I could get there, she had already promised them help.

Tonight I stopped by the mexican joint to pickup some food and I was again approached by a guy panhandling.

I told him I helped someone last weekend, that my quota for the month had been filled and he was a week late.

It is starting to seem like you can't even go and pickup some takeout without being bothered by bums.

ETA, if I wanted to make it a race topic, I could mention the race of both panhandlers, but I will refrain

Hell that's nothing, I've had em ask me if they could come and live in my house !

I truly hate it when people play the race card TP! I also find it offensive that you lump people into a certain category just because they are from Alabama. My husband is from there and most of his family still lives there. They are not racists, cross burners or a lynch mob and this is not the 50's or 60's as was your scenario I am guessing. This was probably just a drunk/high POS behind the wheel of a car and this lady unfortunately got in his way. He may have stopped to get gas (or more alcohol) on his way to Atlanta. Since he was seemingly in a heightened state of emotion, he may have already had words with this girlfriend he was trying to go see and this poor lady was slowing him down. I get angry or upset with people almost daily and it never has anything to do with what race they are; just whatever they happen to be doing to piss me off at the time.

I truly hate it when people play the race card TP! I also find it offensive that you lump people into a certain category just because they are from Alabama. My husband is from there and most of his family still lives there. They are not racists, cross burners or a lynch mob and this is not the 50's or 60's as was your scenario I am guessing. This was probably just a drunk/high POS behind the wheel of a car and this lady unfortunately got in his way. He may have stopped to get gas (or more alcohol) on his way to Atlanta. Since he was seemingly in a heightened state of emotion, he may have already had words with this girlfriend he was trying to go see and this poor lady was slowing him down. I get angry or upset with people almost daily and it never has anything to do with what race they are; just whatever they happen to be doing to piss me off at the time.

Not all the people from Alabama, are racists. But, that was a hot spot when I was a kid. Those people raised kids, just like the ones you are talking about. Your family is really good people tatertot.

I know some taters that raised some some taters are grotten..

This is the craziest story I've heard in a while. He rear ended her 3 times and then ran over her several times??? What is happening to society???? I've gotten 2 girls well into adulthood with neither of them being a drug user of any kind, neither ever being arrested and neither dead and I'm THANKFUL beyond belief. Hubby says I set my sights too low, but from my stand point, that's so much more than some people have and I'll take it.

Middleschooler is following right along in their footsteps to this point and hopefully by the time he's in his late 20's, I can say the same things about him.

This guys needs to be put out of our misery, he can't be rehabilitated and he doesn't deserve to be. Oh, and I hate D'ville and won't go there, I don't feel safe.

• Like 1

This is the craziest story I've heard in a while. He rear ended her 3 times and then ran over her several times??? What is happening to society???? I've gotten 2 girls well into adulthood with neither of them being a drug user of any kind, neither ever being arrested and neither dead and I'm THANKFUL beyond belief. Hubby says I set my sights too low, but from my stand point, that's so much more than some people have and I'll take it.

Middleschooler is following right along in their footsteps to this point and hopefully by the time he's in his late 20's, I can say the same things about him.

This guys needs to be put out of our misery, he can't be rehabilitated and he doesn't deserve to be. Oh, and I hate D'ville and won't go there, I don't feel safe.

I said the same thing to the wife, when we first started dating, about her kids.

They both had jobs, neither were in jail and neither (well, the jury may still be out on this one) has an addiction issue.

I think it's great that a lot of us can say that our kids stayed out of trouble, didn't get addicted to drugs, didn't spend time in jail, and have gone on to be responsible adults.

But the standards are lower these days, and what we are happy to be the case today would have been mediocre or underachieving in the past.

The new normal seems to be that a young adult has been to jail and/or has/had an addiction and/or dropped out of school, or any number of other (previously) unacceptable things.

I think it's great that a lot of us can say that our kids stayed out of trouble, didn't get addicted to drugs, didn't spend time in jail, and have gone on to be responsible adults.

But the standards are lower these days, and what we are happy to be the case today would have been mediocre or underachieving in the past.

The new normal seems to be that a young adult has been to jail and/or has/had an addiction and/or dropped out of school, or any number of other (previously) unacceptable things.

I made the list on quite a few of those, but I wasn't raised that way.

I had to learn it all on my own.

Finally I learned that my parents were right all along.

What can I say, some of us do need a brick to the head to get our attention.

Some people do need the brick to the head - the last thing we want to admit is that our parents were right.

But my point is that what used to be misbehavior - or flat out bad behavior - is common place and pretty much acceptable these days.

"Are some children genetically predisposed to be "bad seed," or are we raising a nation of bullies?" ~ Dr. Philip McGraw

I believe we are raising bullies, but I also believe genetics can be a factor. Humans, like animals, can be bred to have certain characteristics. Like the Pit Bull Terrier, some people seem to have the fight gean more than the flight gene.

Of course, there are those who will swear their Pit Bull Terrier has not been bred to fight.

Edited by The Postman

It sure seems that way sometimes. And ANOTHER thing...........why is it that when someone gets off drugs heroin, crack, whatever and they get all kinds of accolades and rewards for quitting. What about the kids who never started in the first place, where are their rewards? It makes me crazy(er)!

I've never been arrested (never even came CLOSE), never done drugs, never smoked pot (which my children don't believe), never smoked a cigarette, and have been drunk a total of 4 times in my entire life. And I'm no stick in the mud.....really, I'm not!! :lol: :lol:

I saw this crap so much when I was growing up with family members and it never held any appeal to me. My uncles were always being arrested for something, cousins and aunts on drugs. It was awful and it taught me real quick that I never wanted to do that.

• Like 2