Paulding.com

Beaches on west coast of Florida?

I spend a lot of time in Chrystal River Florida. The water is indeed really clear, everywhere you see water.

I highly recommend that area of Florida. The fishing is great, even in freshwater rivers. There are 7 rivers in that area.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crystal+river+florida+beaches&biw=950&bih=683&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=m0OnU4C1LPKqsQTeoIHIBQ&ved=0CCcQsAQ

Edited by The Postman

Does anyone know of a beach or resorts between Panama City and Clearwater

Check out vrbo.com.

There are quite a few nice beach areas in the Clearwater Beach and Redington Beach area. We rented a condo near the beach last Labor Day weekend.

I spend a lot of time in Chrystal River Florida. The water is indeed really clear, everywhere you see water.

I highly recommend that area of Florida. The fishing is great, even in freshwater rivers. There are 7 rivers in that area.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crystal+river+florida+beaches&biw=950&bih=683&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=m0OnU4C1LPKqsQTeoIHIBQ&ved=0CCcQsAQ

I'm going to explore that area for sure! Great link, thanks TP.

We stayed at two different places in the Clearwater area. One was at the Residence Inn at Treasure Island and the other was 0.3mi away at the "something something Beach Condo Hotel". Both were awesome. The Residence Inn was much nicer but also more expensive. Both are off a concrete walking trail. Nice beach. The only problem is that the hotels are directly on the beach but it is a little bit of a walk to the water.

I appreciate the help but the area I am interested in is almost exactly in the middle between Clearwater and P.C. There doesn't seem to be much of a beach or motels in that area. It all seems to be a preserve or nature area.

Does anyone have any experience at Amelia Island? (Yes , I know that is on the northeast coast of Fl.)

With regard to the west coast - I have stayed at a resort called Steinhatchee Landing in the town of Steinhatchee, which is pretty much halfway between Clearwater and PCB - I would only recommend it if you are into fishing or scalloping. The resort is gorgeous, but pricey and in the middle of NOTHING! I cannot think of any beach in this area - mostly nature preserve. East Coast, Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach are very cool. Lots more to do there, but also a lot more crowded. Personally, best beach area that most locals go to on the West Coast are areas just south of Clearwater, like Treasure Island, Johns Pass, Anna Maria Island is my personal favorite.

I appreciate the help but the area I am interested in is almost exactly in the middle between Clearwater and P.C. There doesn't seem to be much of a beach or motels in that area. It all seems to be a preserve or nature area.

Does anyone have any experience at Amelia Island? (Yes , I know that is on the northeast coast of Fl.)

I like Amelia Island okay. The water is not gorgeous but the island is quite nice. We stayed several times a few years ago at Amelia Island Plantation which I believe is now owned by Omni Hotels and Resorts. The resort was very nice and quiet and beachfront.

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to go!

I like Amelia Island okay. The water is not gorgeous but the island is quite nice. We stayed several times a few years ago at Amelia Island Plantation which I believe is now owned by Omni Hotels and Resorts. The resort was very nice and quiet and beachfront.

Hope you have a great time wherever you decide to go!

We also stayed at the Plantation - 10 years ago. The rates were quite high then and I imagine that they have gone up significantly since then. But, as long as you can afford it, it's a great resort.

Just checked and the senior rate is currently $304.00 per night.

Edited by ApolloBeachRetiree

Stayed at the residence inn on Amelia last week. Agree on the water not being particularly clear, but it was a nice beach. Not very touristy if you know what I mean. However downtown has restaurants and shopping if desired.

It is a Island :p

Seriously, St. George is one of the most relaxing beaches that I have been to.

Talk about Old Florida :good:

Depending on what kind of vacation you enjoy, SGI can either be perfect or horrible. If you like to do nothing but sit on the beach and relax, it is great. There are homes that you can rent for pretty cheap. Lots of privacy. Beach is not crowded. We stayed in a HUGE house (off-season) for cheap and we had our own private pool, too. It's very pretty, the island is small, and there is a park on the island. The downside? There are hardly any places to eat out. Not any real shopping or anything. Nothing much to do. Web brought our golden retriever with us because we heard how pet-friendly the island is, but no one warned us about the millions of sand burrs that were all over (including the streets) that stuck to every inch of my poor pup's body. We even had to carry her because they got stuck in between the pads of her hands/feet and so she couldn't walk. If you are bringing your pet, or even if you're not, make sure they are not in full bloom when you go!

Overall, it is a really pretty place. It just wasn't what WE were looking for. I know lots of people who have gone there and loved it, though.