Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
cajunbull61

Kroger at the Avenue

"I cannot pretend it was an accident."

This was the nugget of wisdom in all of this. I can't make a fair judgment because I didn't know the people. I'm not in mourning. It didn't change my life. I won't attend the funeral. I won't even read the follow up news story, just trolling a bit while I clean today. But it was no accident.

Why do people make such heroes out of someone who offers a kind word? Why is it such a heroic feat to post some inane comment about how much you care when in reality you don't care, it doesn't affect your life, and you didn't even know the people involved. It is EXPECTED. We ALL know it was tragic.

It is too easy now to earn "respect" from people. You don't even have to do much of anything besides pretend you care about others to get a little attention. If you really cared as much as you pretend to care online, you would offer something real, something tangible. Pay for the funeral or volunteer at a domestic violence center, or something.

People live such fake lives now. Their "friends" are on Facebook and their "good works" are virtual and the time they are given is used to tell others how fabulous they find themselves, to brag about every decent thing they think or do like everybody else doesn't do the exact same thing. I expect more from people. I at least need a little more variety.

Maybe that's why I prefer the snarky comment to the fakey care. You at least have to think a little about making an inappropriate comment while most people can spit mindless platitudes and insults in their sleep because that's basically the scope of their intellect. I know everybody can't be a world-changer, but damn. Most humans are very disappointing. They shoot each when their needs aren't met instead (or start Internet drama, same thing in a different degree). Harm is harm. You don't get absolution because you didn't pull the trigger, you are just too lazy to leave the house to do any real damage. Because you didn't really care. (See, not appropriate but did take a little thought.)

Social commentary while the floor dries. haha

• Like 2

The main reason this subject upsets me so much is because I've witnessed it, up close and personal. I have empathy on all sides. This isn't about me though.

Prayers for the family and all who loved them.

• Like 1

I would hate for a friend or family member to get on here and read some of this nonsense (Which is entirely possible since this is a local incident). This did not directly effect me or anyone close to me. I may not 'care' in the sense of some people's definition. But I will still pass on my deepest condolences. Because I am not naive and realize that something like this could always happen to a loved one. And if it did I would actually find comfort in reading people's responses, even if it was from a message board full of strangers I'd never met. I guess I tend to have a bit too much empathy according to some.

So instead of over analyzing why or why not it isn't necessary for people to offer a kind word, I will just simply wish the family of this couple peace and comfort during this difficult time.

• Like 5

I would hate for a friend or family member to get on here and read some of this nonsense (Which is entirely possible since this is a local incident). This did not directly effect me or anyone close to me. I may not 'care' in the sense of some people's definition. But I will still pass on my deepest condolences. Because I am not naive and realize that something like this could always happen to a loved one. And if it did I would actually find comfort in reading people's responses, even if it was from a message board full of strangers I'd never met. I guess I tend to have a bit too much empathy according to some.

So instead of over analyzing why or why not it isn't necessary for people to offer a kind word, I will just simply wish the family of this couple peace and comfort during this difficult time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8EIjGXtCLk

This was the nugget of wisdom in all of this. I can't make a fair judgment because I didn't know the people. I'm not in mourning. It didn't change my life. I won't attend the funeral. I won't even read the follow up news story, just trolling a bit while I clean today. But it was no accident.

Why do people make such heroes out of someone who offers a kind word? Why is it such a heroic feat to post some inane comment about how much you care when in reality you don't care, it doesn't affect your life, and you didn't even know the people involved. It is EXPECTED. We ALL know it was tragic.

It is too easy now to earn "respect" from people. You don't even have to do much of anything besides pretend you care about others to get a little attention. If you really cared as much as you pretend to care online, you would offer something real, something tangible. Pay for the funeral or volunteer at a domestic violence center, or something.

People live such fake lives now. Their "friends" are on Facebook and their "good works" are virtual and the time they are given is used to tell others how fabulous they find themselves, to brag about every decent thing they think or do like everybody else doesn't do the exact same thing. I expect more from people. I at least need a little more variety.

Maybe that's why I prefer the snarky comment to the fakey care. You at least have to think a little about making an inappropriate comment while most people can spit mindless platitudes and insults in their sleep because that's basically the scope of their intellect. I know everybody can't be a world-changer, but damn. Most humans are very disappointing. They shoot each when their needs aren't met instead (or start Internet drama, same thing in a different degree). Harm is harm. You don't get absolution because you didn't pull the trigger, you are just too lazy to leave the house to do any real damage. Because you didn't really care. (See, not appropriate but did take a little thought.)

Social commentary while the floor dries. haha

While I may hate to hear of things like what happened and while some things may touch me more than others, usually due to something that I have lived through in my past and while I find stories such as the one this thread is about, it generally doesn't affect me deeply.

However, that is me.

My wife, who I guess you could say has a more tender heart, is more affected by events such as this.

Why this is, I'm not sure.

Perhaps because I have lost so many close friends, starting in my early 20's, so my well is not as full as it should be. I don't know?

Some people do deal with sad or horrible events with "gallows humor".

Not always, but usually these people have seen or experienced death on a closer or larger volumn than average.

Since my 21st birthday, I have averaged being a pallbearer every 2.3 years.

Not attended a funeral, but was a pallbearer.

I tend to use gallows humor, even for those close to me who pass, to deal with sad events.

I also am aware that there is a time and place for these comments and sometimes I misjudge that also.

I guess what I am saying is, people are different and many people, such as my wife, truly do feel very deeply for people they do not know.

Other, do not.

I do not think this makes one less caring than the other, just different.

• Like 3

When I see stories like this I wonder if the people involved had a long, drawn-out toxic relationship or if it was a one-off-I-got-super-mad thing. So many of us aren't willing to just walk away. And so many toxic people won't let us simply walk away and do something else. You can't "fix" other adults (or tell them how they should respond or what they should say, for that matter) and some people are willing to put up with amazing amounts of dysfunction just to get a "win".

I hope the two people involved didn't have children, but I'm pretty sure they left some people behind to deal with the results of their actions. While I have a sense of sympathy for their passings, I have a greater sense of sympathy for the mess they left for others to clean up. Are the family members going to have to take sides? Is the news going to report several stories for strangers to read about their personal problems? Will we read it and pretend we were personally affected by the tragedy?

I think I would bury them both in the same grave and make them work it out in the afterlife...

VERY well said, my dear. :sigh:

I do not think this makes one less caring than the other, just different.

Twinsies (duh).

I think a lot of it has to do with the economy. There are so many people in despair who have lost so much because they lost their jobs and have not been able to find one that pays as well as what they once had, if they can find a job at all.

Economy? BULL! I grew up poor.We didn`t shoot each other.We shot squirrels,rabbits,and quail.Then we ate`em.

• Like 1

I think a lot of it has to do with the economy. There are so many people in despair who have lost so much because they lost their jobs and have not been able to find one that pays as well as what they once had, if they can find a job at all.

At first I thought maybe the economy or something in their lives had caused a depression to set in. However, she was some kind of assistant director of research at Kennesaw State University, so I doubt this has anything to do with the economy if one of them had full time employment. Also, I read in another article that they had been out to eat before hand and that he left the restaurant on foot. She then chased him down with the car while firing at him. If this is true, then it sounds like a rage killing to me.

Yea, this is the most important thing to be taken from this topic. I shouldn't be shocked anymore by insensitive people, but I am. I expect so much more from adults, I guess that makes me the fool.

OH don't be hatin'. I'm just pokin fun.

Yea, this is the most important thing to be taken from this topic. I shouldn't be shocked anymore by insensitive people, but I am. I expect so much more from adults, I guess that makes me the fool.

OH don't be hatin'. I'm just pokin fun.

Why is it that when something tragic happens it is expected of us to be solemn and insightful?

I haven't read where anyone said "good riddance" or anything like that, even though it shouldn't matter.

Some people only want to convey their sadness for the situation, and that's okay.

What isn't okay is for those same caring, compassionate people to chastise those who make the "inappropriate" comment.

Just because it doesn't fit into your little box doesn't make it unacceptable and/or childish.

I expect adults to not be so sensitive.

Maybe it's because it happened in pretty much our backyard people feel it more. That, and the fact it's such a CRAZY happening in front of people who went food shopping and ended up having their mind fried.

It's quite a story so far and not a common thing at all.

Why can't people who hear about it handle it the way they want? Without judgement?

Maybe it's because it happened in pretty much our backyard people feel it more. That, and the fact it's such a CRAZY happening in front of people who went food shopping and ended up having their mind fried.

It's quite a story so far and not a common thing at all.

Why can't people who hear about it handle it the way they want? Without judgement?

You are making my point.

If someone makes a joke or comment that is deemed "inappropriate", people start their condemnation.

Laugh, cry, be shocked, say that it figures . . . whatever.

I guess my point is whatever is said should not matter, so people should contain their self-righteousness.

You are making my point.

If someone makes a joke or comment that is deemed "inappropriate", people start their condemnation.

Laugh, cry, be shocked, say that it figures . . . whatever.

I guess my point is whatever is said should not matter, so people should contain their self-righteousness.

Am I making your point? .......so people should contain their self-righteousness.....that sounds pretty much like a judgement call to me.

No?

Or considering no one knew these people or any of the facts behind the case perhaps their sudden show of emotion and concern was little more than a display to bolster their own self image amongst their peers as sensitive and caring individual. I would be curious to know how many of those that offered up their "thoughts and Prayers" ever followed up on that pledge once they went on to the next comment.

Edited by CitizenCain
  • Like 1

Or considering no one knew these people or any of the facts behind the case perhaps their sudden show of emotion and concern was little more than a display to bolster their own self image amongst their peers as sensitive and caring individual. I would be curious to know how many of those that offered up their "thoughts and Prayers" ever followed up on that pledge once they went on to the next comment.

That's on them. Who cares?

What are all of you doing?? Your bickering on a topic where someone was murdered and the other committed suicide! There are grieving families that should be respected. I cant imagining how I would feel I was one of those people reading all this! We need to respect the dead and those who are grieving right now.

• Like 2

I do CitizenCain.

Everyone is always surprised by death. Death is just a part of life.

If you want to get on someone that cheapens death, get on those that "memorialize" someone's death with a damn window sticker on their car. And especially the ones that mis-spell those window stickers. :rofl:

:angel: Mumma, your always remembered :angel:

(BTW, it should be you're)

I saw this one on a car in Hiram a few weeks ago and got a photo of it.

• Like 1

Everyone is always surprised by death. Death is just a part of life.

If you want to get on someone that cheapens death, get on those that "memorialize" someone's death with a damn window sticker on their car. And especially the ones that mis-spell those window stickers. :rofl:

:angel: Mumma, your always remembered :angel:

(BTW, it should be you're)

I saw this one on a car in Hiram a few weeks ago and got a photo of it.

Maybe it was missing words.

Mumma, your stinky feet are always remembered

You really shouldn't jump to conclusions.

• Like 1

Please keep your negative comments to yourself. I knew Paula from work. This is very shocking to all of us who worked with her. As always, people who have posted comments here do not have all of the details or know the whole story about what took place. And, I will not go into that here.

Prayers for both families. Thankfully, they did not have any children.

• Like 2

Please keep your negative comments to yourself. I knew Paula from work. This is very shocking to all of us who worked with her. As always, people who have posted comments here do not have all of the details or know the whole story about what took place. And, I will not go into that here.

Prayers for both families. Thankfully, they did not have any children.

I hate this for everyone involved because of all the sorrow that is left in the wake. But unfortunately for some, compassion is hard to come by, especially is the situation doesn't touch them. I'm not included in that bunch, thankfully.

Just so Y'ALL know.........it is THE AVENUE, not The AvenueS. There is no "S" on the end.

But then you probably say Krogers, Walmarts, Kholses......

Carry on.

The Avenues sounds much better so we all renamed it to suit our satisfaction.

This is a terrible, terrible tragedy, and my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this couple.