Paulding.com

Ron Crist, December 25, 1971 - June 5, 2014

Ron Crist, age 42, of Hiram, passed away on Thursday, June 5, 2014. He was born on December 25, 1971, in Marietta, GA, and was preceded in death by his father, Orval Hester Crist. Mr. Crist was a member of New Seasons Church and the owner of Crist Roofing in Hiram, GA, for 14 years.

Survivors include, wife Alicia Crist of Hiram, GA; son, Ron ONeal Crist, JR, of Hiram, GA; mother and step-father, Sandra & Terry Martin of Calhoun, GA; brothers and sisters-in-law, Mark & Shelly Crist of Dallas, GA, and David & Megan Crist-Martin of Hiram, GA; two nieces and two nephews; and beloved pet, Oscar Meyer Crist.

Funeral services will be held on Monday, June 9, 2014, at 1 p.m., from Grace Baptist Church, with Pastor Steve Flockhart officiating. Interment will follow in Pine Ridge Memorial Park. Kenneth Hubbard, Bobby Morgan, Clint Stump, Anthony Mattina, Jason Cromer and Steven Tavolez will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the funeral home on Sunday, June 8, 2014, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

I have been thinking about Ron off and on since the accident.

I keep remembering his big smile and almost child like enthusiasm for his company

and community projects. I remember doing ad campaigns with him, he loved to negotiate.

When he walked into a room you could feel the energy. This is a huge loss to this community.

My heart goes out to his family, friends, and employees.

• Like 1