Paulding.com

4 in 10 Americans believe the Earth is 10,000 years old.

Seeing this made it easier for me to understand why so many people deny climate change. If this many people can deny the science behind the age of the Earth and the Universe then denying something as complicated and disturbing as global warming would just come natural.

4 in 10 Americans Believe God Created Earth 10,000 Years Ago

Four in 10 Americans believe God created the Earth and anatomically modern humans, less than 10,000 years ago, according to a new Gallup poll.

At the same time, while most Americans have a healthy respect for science, many could use a refresher course in the basics. For instance, a 2014 National Science Foundation study found that only three out of four Americans know that the Earth revolves around the sun and not vice versa, and a large percentage didn't know the Earth's core was hot. Large percentages didn't know that the father's sperm determines a baby's sex.

creation-of-adam.jpg?1383107793

http://www.livescience.com/46123-many-americans-creationists.html

Edited by CitizenCain

For the record, people argue the "fact" that climate change is primarily because of the actions of man.

Having said that, it is hard to fathom a person believing the Earth is only 10,000 years old.

Now if it was a Kindergartner, then maybe.

Wait, wait . . . wait!

25% of Americans think the Earth revolves around the Sun???

Is this a report from The Onion?

It has to be.

• Like 1

For the record, people argue the "fact" that climate change is primarily because of the actions of man.

Having said that, it is hard to fathom a person believing the Earth is only 10,000 years old.

Wait, wait . . . wait!

It has to be.

You're on a roll today! :lol:

It has to be.

Here you go cmorg.....

God Wonders What Happens To Humans After They Die

He Who Commanded Light to Shine Out of Darkness went on to state that accepting death as a natural part of human life did not make it any less frightening for Him to contemplate, remarking that it was “pretty scary” to think that once the people He brought into this world die, He might never see them again.

“I want to believe that human beings continue on in some form after their deaths,” He continued, “but who am I to say, really?”

http://www.theonion.com/articles/god-wonders-what-happens-to-humans-after-they-die,36199/

The year's calendar of 365 days started in about 45BC. Please tell me exactly how many sunrises (the dawning of a new day) went into the "year" of, say, 100BC? Or 1000 BC? What if one of those "years" were comprised of, oh, 5000 days? 'Cause, you know, those prehistoric men really weren't on any stringent time schedules.

Edited by Glassdogs

Wait, wait . . . wait!

It has to be.

The white race, cmorge, is evolving, but not disappearing. Of course, that has nothing to do with them being the dummy they are!

They think GOP stands for Grand Old Party, but you know what it stands for; don't you?

The year's calendar of 365 days started in about 45BC. Please tell me exactly how many sunrises (the dawning of a new day) went into the "year" of, say, 100BC? Or 1000 BC? What if one of those "years" were comprised of, oh, 5000 days? 'Cause, you know, those prehistoric men really weren't on any stringent time schedules.

I am assuming you don't put any stock in carbon dating ?

A higher percentage than that voted for Obama.

That's really messed up!!

Troll

Upon reflection, the main topic makes some sense.

If we age the earth in woman years, it may only be 10,000 years old.

Think about it: we all know many . . . many women who are only 29.

And though the earth weighs about 13,170,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pounds, if you happen to run into her, tell her she doesn't look fat in that atmosphere or ask if she has lost a few trillion tons.

The white race, cmorge, is evolving, but not disappearing. Of course, that has nothing to do with them being the dummy they are!

They think GOP stands for Grand Old Party, but you know what it stands for; don't you?

Speaking of prehistoric men.

Blah, blah, blahbaty blah.

That's you.

That's what you sound like.

Messing up threads.

Now had you said that only 4 in 10 Americans polled approve of the job obama was doing, that would have been relevant.

I see this and the first thing I say is, "Is this real?"

Is it?

As real as anything can be on the internet, and yes there's a compilation someone made of these types of twitter posts not long after 2014 rolled around, with something like a hundred of these with people wishing the earth a "happy birthday" and so on. There were even a few with people arguing if it was earth or just the US that turned 2014.

As real as anything can be on the internet, and yes there's a compilation someone made of these types of twitter posts not long after 2014 rolled around, with something like a hundred of these with people wishing the earth a "happy birthday" and so on. There were even a few with people arguing if it was earth or just the US that turned 2014.

I've said it before: people are stupid (which is a general statement, and in no way all inclusive).

I've said it before: people are stupid (which is a general statement, and in no way all inclusive).

I don't know much about the North, because I was Southern born. Virginia beach is as far as I've ever been, North, from home.

And I'll tell you what, cmorg, I've seen some stupid GOP's down here, and a lot of them. As smart a man as you are. I can't believe you associate yourself with them. :drinks: .

Edited by The Postman

I don't know much about the North, because I was Southern born. Virginia beach is as far as I've ever been, North, from home.

And I'll tell you what, cmorg, I've seen some stupid GOP's down here, and a lot of them. As smart a man as you are. I can't believe you associate yourself with them. :drinks: .

If you're any indication of the average DNC member, then we are better off with the GOP.

If you're any indication of the average DNC member, then we are better off with the GOP.

Georgia is definitely a state for Gross Old Perverts, E Z!

They have been SHEEZEKICKERS who's forefathers used to make a lot of noise beating the brown sugar into submission, just around midnight, all their lives.

Now days they just sit around kicking a new kind of sheeze. They hate the Federal government so bad, that rabid dog could slip up behind them, and bite them on the a$$, before they could get their gun out. Hell, Deal treats them all kind of sheezy ways, and they can't even see it. :rofl:

Edited by The Postman

They have been SHEEZEKICKERS who's forefathers used to make a lot of noise beating the brown sugar into submission, just around midnight, all their lives.

Now days they just sit around kicking a new kind of sheeze. They hate the Federal government so bad, that rabid dog could slip up behind them, and bite them on the a$$, before they could get their gun out. Hell, Deal treats them all kind of sheezy ways, and they can't even see it. :rofl:

You have no idea how idiotic this sounds, do you?

You keep making the association between republicans (though you use more "colorful" terms) and the beating and rape of slaves, yet you don't realize that, up until a short time ago, the south was dominated by democrats (and those who would create the democratic party).

You keep making the association between republicans (though you use more "colorful" terms) and the beating and rape of slaves, yet you don't realize that, up until a short time ago, the south was dominated by democrats (and those who would create the democratic party).

I don't use the term republican, cmorg!

I'm trying to avoid being political, I'm talking about Southern SHEEZEKICKERS. who stay busy kicking sheeze, at the Federal Government, while they get $.11 for every dollar they show up with, at tax time. That is a damn good deal, cmorg, but it's crooked!

Then they do like Nixon, and say, "I AM NOT A CROOK."

Edited by The Postman

First of all, I dont know if the earth is 10,000 years old or 10,000,000,000 years old and honestly I dont care one bit either way. As a Christian, if you believe in Creationism, then it is logical to believe that when God created things, He created them fully developed. In other words, mountains were mountains and not hills, trees were trees and not twigs, oceans were oceans and not puddles etc. the entire Christian belief is based on faith which is defined scripturally as believing what God says even if it means doing so sight unseen.

From a Christian perspective, it is fairly simple. A Christian who believes in the biblical account of Creation has a 50/50 chance of being right. A Christian is either right or wrong.

A person who bases his or her belief on Scientific data or the Theory of Evolution has a much more complicated path. In order for things to have evolved to be where they are through natural selection with no external or Divine intervention, then every single thing that has ever happened would have had to have happened exactly like it did in order for things to have evolved or developed as they did. Any variation over the years could have radically changed how things are today. Statistically the odds of this happening are far less than 50/50. From a statistical viewpoint, those odds could not be calculated.

One other area about science is that it changes over time as new facts, theories or personal agendas become known. When I was in High School in the 70 's the science of the day was adamant that we were headed for another ice age due to global cooling. They were just as positive and had just as much "data and facts" about that as they did about global warming in the. 90's. Now it has changed again to the more ambiguous global climate change. The point being. that "science" has produced three totally different views of this in 40 years. Those are the facts and they cannot be disputed.

The point is that with both organized science and organized religion, the "facts" often change over time as new information and new agendas become available and popular. I am a Christian, but I would encourage both sides to look at this with an open mind and realize that the motives behind the agendas on both sides are often power, control and money. Be careful about blindly following either side as both sides have a history of trying to use people as pawns.

• Like 1