Paulding.com

What is happening at the roofing company on 92?

We were passed by 4 Paulding sheriff cars with lights and sirens on around 2:40 on Hiram Sudie. After we turned onto 92 going toward Hiram, we noticed fire trucks, police cars and ambulances at the roofing company. There was yellow tape marking off the area toward the back of the building.

Anyone know what happened?

From WSB-TV's Website

1 dead in work-related incident in Hiram
HIRAM, Ga. — Hiram police confirm one person is dead as a result of a work-related accident. The accident happened at Crist Roofing at 488 Hiram Douglasville Hwy. in Hiram.
According to police, it happened about 3:30 p.m. Thursday. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has been called in to investigate.

I knew where to go when I walked in the door and it was on Breaking News on WSB-TV. I will be checking back for updates.

Prayers for all involved and the families. My heart goes out to everyone.

Edited by SPORTS SOURCE

I was shocked when I opened this thread and saw this. It's so incredibly sad, does anyone know what happened?

I am hearing he was crushed by a Bobcat, but that's not 100% confirmed.

This is sad news. My heart goes out to his family and his employees.

He was very hard working and ambitious. He was a moderately sized employer here in the county and

a very dedicated family man. He will be missed by many.

• Like 2

I knew of it a few minutes after the 911 call. He had a problem with a tire on the Bobcat and accidentally the boom came down on him. I knew Ron and am very upset about this citation. Of course I did not go to the scene of the accident as it would have been inappropriate and a distraction to the investigation. Will visit with the family and friends when the time is appropriate. Please pray for all his friends and co-workers and especially his family.

• Like 1

I was told he was working on hydraulics on bucket on bobcat and they failed and the bucket came down and in top of him. So sad.

I listened to this on the scanner. The call said that he was either hit in the head or the bobcat was on his head. The accident involved a severe head injury.

Our prayers are with his family and friends

This from the city of Hiram:

City of Hiram Mourns the Loss of Prominent Businessman and Friend

Hiram, Georgia- June 6, 2014 – Just before 3:00 pm, Thursday afternoon, June 5th, 2014, the City of Hiram lost a well-known, highly respected, civic-minded, benevolent community leader to a heartbreaking accident.

Mr. Ron Crist, owner of Crist Roofing and Crist Dumpster Rental, fell victim to a tragic mishap while operating a skid steer behind his roofing company office located at 488 Hiram – Douglasville Hwy. OSHA was contacted and responded to investigate as a protocol for a work place accident.

While we recognize and appreciate that the details of this accident may be of interest to the media and general public, we prefer to express and share our condolences and allow Mr. Crist’s family and friends to grieve and gather in remembrance of a father, husband, son, brother, business leader and, most importantly, a wonderful friend to us all.

Funeral arrangements are in process. Please keep Ron’s family, friends and all the people he has touched in your thoughts and prayers.

Utter speculation

Information from First Responders is that Mr. Crist was actually inside his office with his head out a window yelling at someone when the accident occured. It was a gruesome description and I pray this information is incorrect. Seems the accident with the bobcat could be more accurate.

May he RIP and his family be comforted knowing so many people in this community thought a lot of him regardless if they had met him once or known him all his life. He was a good man and was the same whenever you came across him. I can not imagine the pain his family, friends and employees are suffering. Such a loss at such a young age.

• 3 weeks later...

Utter speculation

Information from First Responders is that Mr. Crist was actually inside his office with his head out a window yelling at someone when the accident occured. It was a gruesome description and I pray this information is incorrect. Seems the accident with the bobcat could be more accurate.

May he RIP and his family be comforted knowing so many people in this community thought a lot of him regardless if they had met him once or known him all his life. He was a good man and was the same whenever you came across him. I can not imagine the pain his family, friends and employees are suffering. Such a loss at such a young age.

Utter speculation

May he RIP and his fam17 andily be comforted knowing so many people in this community thought a lot of him regardless if they had met him once or known him all his life. He was a good man and was the same whenever you came across him. I can not imagine the pain his family, friends and employees are suffering. Such a loss at such a young age.

WHY is what I stated "speculation" when it was FACT coming from a First Responder who was initially on the scene. The statements in #17 and #23 is not any less speculation. They don't even state their source.