Paulding.com

American travelers urged to avoid Mexico.

They are coming here in, illegally, tidal waves, but it is dangerous for us to go there legally.

The United States Consulate in Mexico issued a warning against US citizens travel to the area.
(Nogales, Mexico)

"Due to multiple and ongoing credible threats the Consulate cautions Americans traveling in Nogales or surrounding areas to defer unnecessary travel at this time.

Travel at night and to areas not frequented by foreigners should be avoided. U.S. Citizens are urged to take the highest precautions regarding their safety and personal security in and around Nogales."

How about this?

They stay in their own country and make it safer and better.

Why is that such a bad idea?

• Like 4

But only the bad guys have guns there. And half of them are the police.

My daughter, and Mexican born son in law, and granddaughter are back here now.....finally, after the past 2 years living in Cuernavaca, Morelos, what used to be one of the safest places to be in all of Mexico.

Son in law was kidnapped the last week of October and held for ransom for 12 days. They got him back, safe, smelly, and not too severely traumatized, but we were on pins and needles awaiting their return here for another 5 months while they tried to divest themselves of their belongings and come back with what they could carry in 2 cars. They got back her the first week of May.

I have been to virtually every commercial hatchery in Mexico, from Baja, to Guadalaraja, Celaya, Ciudad Obregon, Puebla, Monterrey, and many others on many, many wonderful trips during the late 70s until 4-5 years ago.

Never once did I have a bad experience. Yes, I was fortunate that for 20 years of that traveling it was with my Compadre, a wonderful man who was my distributor, a DVM from the University of Missouri, and my son's God Father. We always had a good time together, both there, and traveling together here as well. It is really a beautiful country with a wonderful elaborate past.

Many tend to forget that Mexico was settled by the Spanish almost 150 years BEFORE the first caucasians arrived in Virginia, and our North east. And technically, the oldest USA city founded by Europeans is St Augustine. They settled all of California, as well as east to Texas and MIssissippi, north to Colorado/Oklahoma, and they had been living there since the early 1500s.

Their culture is quite complex, and wonderfully historic.

I shall have to be content with remembering how great a place it WAS to visit, and rest satisfied that Dr Pasquel is not alive anymore to see what has happened.

And bear in mind.....it is not THEIR drug problem. It is OUR drug problem, with OUR money corrupting THEIR poor who have little to no choice but to be a part of the drug cartel empires.

• Like 2

I don't understand why anyone travels there anymore.

I completely agree. A step away from Somalia. (And I didn't make that up - Mexico and Pakistan were the two countries listed as being most likely to implode a couple of years sgo.)

I completely agree. A step away from Somalia. (And I didn't make that up - Mexico and Pakistan were the two countries listed as being most likely to implode a couple of years sgo.)

and as soon as the Cantarell Oil fields dry up we will have an even bigger problem South of the border.