Paulding.com

Commission Chairman owes apology

Do you think they paid the ultimate sacrifice so YOU could use them in your post for your own political agenda? You're no better than what you described in your post. Good grief.

So does this mean you are okay that David Austin bullied her?

They paid the ultimate sacrifice so that men and women could address their government with grievances among many other things, And have the freedom to openly voice their displeasure with their elected officials. and seek redress from them.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just going to weigh in here, not replying to anything in particular. I did'nt think the lady's initial comments were necessary. Neither did Chairman Austin and he called her on it right up front. E

So what you are SAYING is that people in this County are SO STUPID, other than you and a few of your friends who are obviously Mensa members, that no one in this County is capable of researching, form

In my mind, this is one of the terrible perceptions that our population allows to continue and is a direct cause of the type of inappropriate behavior that seems to be all over this issue. We, the pe

What does her having ever served in the military have anything to do with it? Are you saying Veterans should be given special consideration in breaking the rules or decorum?

You want to know something Whitey? She should have started her little speech without the insults. By saying what she did, she was setting a tone. She would have been far better off to demonstrate she could act in a professional manner. If she had left out the insults and accusations, then I would have sympathy for her. Because she couldn't do that, I blame her just as much as I blame Austin.

As I have stated in other post she broke no rules as you assert nothing nowhere takes away her right to address the commission on any matter that she wants to , precedence has been set before David Austin ever became Chairman on this issue. As a veteran I am quite sure that she felt offended that David Barnett was allowing ANIMAL to post untrue statements about Tony Crowes military service, and at the same time showing up at events in a vehicle that implied that he was a veteran.

You do know that David Austin was the first to start this discussion a few weeks prior at a commissioners meeting and even had a resolution drawn up between the morning meeting and the evening meeting. David Austin set the tone for this during the campaign in post #4, He lost that post and is acting like a spoiled brat about it and is lashing out at those that opposed him. I do not think she insulted him. If anything she called out David Barnett for allowing his campaign to make untrue statements about Tony Crowe.

I do have a lot of respect for those that served their country.

OK, OK, I apologize for everyone.

I was wrong, you were wrong and we all know "they" were wrong.

(I'm never exactly sure who "they" are but we all know "they" are wrong. Examples: If "they" would just quit marching and yelling, we would all be fine. If "they" would just stay where "they" are from, everything would be OK. What can you say, you know how "they" are.)

(those "they" people sure cause a lot of trouble)

So does this mean you are okay that David Austin bullied her?

They paid the ultimate sacrifice so that men and women could address their government with grievances among many other things, And have the freedom to openly voice their displeasure with their elected officials. and seek redress from them.

What part of:

Because she couldn't do that, I blame her just as much as I blame Austin.

I'll make it easy for you. I blame them both.

The sacrifice men and women in our Armed Forces made was in defense of our nation and our Constitution, that includes the right to free speech. However, when one exercises their right to free speech, they should do so …forget it Whitey you just don't understand. You know darn well the lady was being insulting, but you don't want to admit it because then you would have to admit she was just as wrong as Austin.

• Like 2

OK, OK, I apologize for everyone.

I was wrong, you were wrong and we all know "they" were wrong.

(I'm never exactly sure who "they" are but we all know "they" are wrong. Examples: If "they" would just quit marching and yelling, we would all be fine. If "they" would just stay where "they" are from, everything would be OK. What can you say, you know how "they" are.)

(those "they" people sure cause a lot of trouble)

And we will say the same thing, when "they" move, and should stay where they are from also.

Works both ways!!! :)

The Commissioners are trying to do the business of running the county and at this point are more than likely tired of hearing the SAME OLE' CRAP from the speakers at EVERY meeting. The core of 6 or 7 take turn getting up and doing nothing more than reading material OBVIOUSLY, while if not actual written by, is certainly supplied to them by DELTA and or it's attorneys! NO ONE IS FOOLED ANYMORE!

She got up with the INTENT from the start to belittle and insult both David and the BOC and that is at best ill mannered. She SHOULD have been SHUT UP and SAT DOWN at the start and going forward I would "PARK" an officer next to the podium and ANYONE who deviates their dialogue from what they submitted as their agenda I would immediately remove. If the conduct continued at future meetings BAR them from attending.

Folks, it's time to GET ON with the business of MOVING PAULDING FORWARD!!!

I heard some VERY interesting news yesterday from an EX Eastern pilot who lives in the area concerning the Airport and look forward to what his group is planning...

You got your DELTA funded BOUGHT AND PAID FOR new commissioners come Jan. 1st, can't wait to see how fast some of you turn of them!

and going forward I would "PARK" an officer next to the podium and ANYONE who deviates their dialogue from what they submitted as their agenda I would immediately remove. If the conduct continued at future meetings BAR them from attending.

That is a great plan... if your goal is invite another lawsuit.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The Commissioners are trying to do the business of running the county and at this point are more than likely tired of hearing the SAME OLE' CRAP from the speakers at EVERY meeting. The core of 6 or 7 take turn getting up and doing nothing more than reading material OBVIOUSLY, while if not actual written by, is certainly supplied to them by DELTA and or it's attorneys! NO ONE IS FOOLED ANYMORE!

She got up with the INTENT from the start to belittle and insult both David and the BOC and that is at best ill mannered. She SHOULD have been SHUT UP and SAT DOWN at the start and going forward I would "PARK" an officer next to the podium and ANYONE who deviates their dialogue from what they submitted as their agenda I would immediately remove. If the conduct continued at future meetings BAR them from attending.

I heard some VERY interesting news yesterday from an EX Eastern pilot who lives in the area concerning the Airport and look forward to what his group is planning...

You got your DELTA funded BOUGHT AND PAID FOR new commissioners come Jan. 1st, can't wait to see how fast some of you turn of them!

So what you are SAYING is that people in this County are SO STUPID, other than you and a few of your friends who are obviously Mensa members, that no one in this County is capable of researching, formulating an opinion and then writing a speech. This isnt High School speech class, so big deal if they choose to read what they have wrote. There you have it FOLKS-- they think you are STUPID...

• Like 7

By God!! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

In my best Southern voice, Bless your pea pickin' heart. :vava:

• Like 3

Yeh, them Eastern pilots did such a great job with that airline....what airline?

• Like 2

Is it my imagination that CPR's post tend to energize Anti- Commercial Airport voters and spreads apathy & complacency with Pro- Airport voters? Edited by mojo413

LOOK OUT!! RUN!!! Here comes the Delta monster!!!!

Awh, that's just your imagination, stradial.

I was reading, in class, out loud, and was reading this, "scientists have found no evidence of monsters on the moon."

I wondered why everyone broke out laughing. And discovered it was supposed to be; "scientist have found no evidence of moisture on the moon.

You've been hearing about how dumb I am, stradial, and there's proof! :good:

Edited by The Postman

Just going to weigh in here, not replying to anything in particular.

I did'nt think the lady's initial comments were necessary. Neither did Chairman Austin and he called her on it right up front. End of that particular issue. As for his childish comment at the end of her speech, that was unprofessional and made him look foolish and the county look bad. Chairman Austin has a lot to learn about leadership! You can speculate all you want but in the end, that is all you have to base your accusations on. But Chairman Austin appears to be in the business of wild speculation, how else would we find ourselves where we are. I can tell you these people are writing their own speeches. They are not a bunch of country bumpkins unable to think for themselves.

Everyone seems more concerned with who is paying for these lawsuits than the actual issues involved in the lawsuits. Is whose paying for this really more important than what the Board of Commissioners, Airport Authority, and the IBA are attempting to do behind our backs? The issues and the problems exist regardless of whose paying lawyers. All this focus is just a distraction they are using to divert attention from the facts. I wish Chairman Austin had been as concerned with obtaining Propeller Investments financials as he is on this issue. I wish all parties involved in this debacle had been more interested in due diligence, abiding by the law, and involving the citizenry in these decisions.

Let’s keep the focus on the issues at hand and resolve this matter so we can move on.

One last thing, many on the pro-airport side continually try to paint the opposition as anti-business and anti-jobs. This is foolishness! We are opposed to bad business and false exaggerated claims of jobs. Team pro-airport have provided no facts or research to support their claims. They have committed this county to a deal with someone they know nothing about. Does anyone really have any idea if Propeller is capable of doing what they say? No evidence other than references and a nice web-site have been offered. I guess if you subscribe to the mentality that “it’s on the internet, it must be true” you’re good to go. We on the other hand would like to see real numbers, research, and projections based on something other than wishful thinking. I know there are a lot of business people out there supporting this airport. Take a close look at how this deal came about, how it was handled, and what the financials provided (or not provided) look like. Honestly, would you really do a deal like this for your own company given all this information. I don’t think so.

Let's get real people. Wake up and pay attention. It's your tax dollars!

• Like 9

Yeah and I bet you got DELTA on SPEED DIAL!!!!

You bet your sweet bippy that I would be the first to file suit if an agent of the government

attempted to intimidate me while I was expressing my God given first amendment rights...

8)

• Like 1

You bet your sweet bippy that I would be the first to file suit if an agent of the government

attempted to intimidate me while I was expressing my God given first amendment rights...

8)

I don't give a rat's furry behind who it is, mrshoward, (government rep, or Preacher Jones), it would be all the same to me. 8)

Just going to weigh in here, not replying to anything in particular.

I did'nt think the lady's initial comments were necessary. Neither did Chairman Austin and he called her on it right up front. End of that particular issue. As for his childish comment at the end of her speech, that was unprofessional and made him look foolish and the county look bad. Chairman Austin has a lot to learn about leadership! You can speculate all you want but in the end, that is all you have to base your accusations on. But Chairman Austin appears to be in the business of wild speculation, how else would we find ourselves where we are. I can tell you these people are writing their own speeches. They are not a bunch of country bumpkins unable to think for themselves.

Everyone seems more concerned with who is paying for these lawsuits than the actual issues involved in the lawsuits. Is whose paying for this really more important than what the Board of Commissioners, Airport Authority, and the IBA are attempting to do behind our backs? The issues and the problems exist regardless of whose paying lawyers. All this focus is just a distraction they are using to divert attention from the facts. I wish Chairman Austin had been as concerned with obtaining Propeller Investments financials as he is on this issue. I wish all parties involved in this debacle had been more interested in due diligence, abiding by the law, and involving the citizenry in these decisions.

Let’s keep the focus on the issues at hand and resolve this matter so we can move on.

One last thing, many on the pro-airport side continually try to paint the opposition as anti-business and anti-jobs. This is foolishness! We are opposed to bad business and false exaggerated claims of jobs. Team pro-airport have provided no facts or research to support their claims. They have committed this county to a deal with someone they know nothing about. Does anyone really have any idea if Propeller is capable of doing what they say? No evidence other than references and a nice web-site have been offered. I guess if you subscribe to the mentality that “it’s on the internet, it must be true” you’re good to go. We on the other hand would like to see real numbers, research, and projections based on something other than wishful thinking. I know there are a lot of business people out there supporting this airport. Take a close look at how this deal came about, how it was handled, and what the financials provided (or not provided) look like. Honestly, would you really do a deal like this for your own company given all this information. I don’t think so.

Let's get real people. Wake up and pay attention. It's your tax dollars!

I'm with you. This whole "Delta Money vs. Propeller Money" is degrading the real issue.

Honestly, I don't know enough about what the airport expansion itself is all about to have a real opinion, but I'm sure that I don't give a rats toot about either Delta or Propeller and what they do with their money.

What is concerning is the issue of government secrecy. However, I'm even starting to have concerns with the validity of that aspect because it seems that some people actually are/were aware of the issue before it was an issue. How did they know if no one else did? Were they given the heads up over a cigar as a form of insider trading to further their own interests or did they just pay better attention before there was an uproar? The former is grounds for mass demonstration calling for the removal of every official involved and an investigation for criminal charges. The latter is a sign that our residents are merely showing indications of a mob mentality.

Georgia is regularly mentioned as the most corrupt state in this great nation. The elected/appointed officials & vendors aren't going to stop their unethical practices if there are not any consequences for them. It's like telling a drug dealer that we don't like it when they sell crack but can't be bothered to arrest them, so they should stop to be nice.

• Like 1

I don't give a rats toot about either Delta or Propeller and what they do with their money.

I do.

Apparently there is a lot of money being tossed about and I am standing in the wrong line.

Attention: Propeller and Delta!

I am available to be bought!

First one to bribe can be the first one to own me!

Large amounts preferred, but not a deal breaker!

• Like 2

Boy you're a fascist little critter aren't ya. You fit right in with King David. I agree the commission is trying to do the business of running the county; unfortunately most of them are trying to run it into the ground.

• Like 5

Boy you're a fascist little critter aren't ya. You fit right in with King David. I agree the commission is trying to do the business of running the county; unfortunately most of them are trying to run it into the ground.

:rofl: My dear, prothall... :db:

I could not possibly have said it better myself, no matter how many words I might try to throw at the rampant ignorance and arrogance most always exhibited by SOME "concerned Paulding residents". 8P

Thanks to you for being an intelligent, well-informed and thoughtful voice of reason in Paulding County. .... :good: & :air_kiss:

I do not understand people who have one set of rules for themselves, where they can say any crazy thing they want , true or not, any time they want , BUT they have another set of rules for everyone else that says "You have to say what we like to hear or we will SHUT YOU UP!!!!"

You know, after my encounter with Mayor Doris Devey the other day at the BoC meeting (read all about it at www.PauldingAirport.US), I now have new suspicions about the secret identity of CPR........I'm just sayin'... :shok: ... I could see Mayor Doris' wagging finger in my face as I was reading CPR's screed about who should be allowed to speak which authorized-only words, under the watchful eye of an armed Marshall, ready to stop your speech at any moment if the ruling class hears something they don't like.

Sounds more like Putin's Russia or Castro's Cuba than the good old US of A to me.

I thought Martina Hemming's speech opening was basically saying "Respect the Veterans. Don't use them as props for your agenda. And don't deny respect to the views and the service of ANY veteran because they disagree with you politically". I find that lots and lots of politicians, especially in this neck of the woods, like to use our veterans as props for their own political agendas BUT when it comes time to prove to our veterans that we value their service by honoring the promises we made to them before they put on the uniform, those same politicians can't be bothered with "the takers" as Mitt Romney and many Republicans like to call the poorest among us, even if they once wore the uniform.

Yes, sadly, far too many of our active service members and their families, and veterans of service, live below the poverty line and must accept food stamps to feed their families. And if we are honest, we will admit that the current mess at the VA is nothing new. Cutting services to veterans who have served and protected our nation is old trick. Take a minute or two and do an Internet search on General Smedley Butler, learn more about him, and read some of the speeches he gave about 80 years ago if you want to learn more about how America has really treated her returning warriors throughout the history of our nation. We need to be sure that we serve our veterans out of the uniform, just as well as they served US when they were in it!

Unfortunately, there are some in Paulding who only honor veterans that say what they want to hear and kiss their ring ... or some body part, perhaps.

Best regards and thanks to all veterans, even if you don't agree with me. I may not agree with everything you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Too bad that isn't always reciprocal.

Patti Smith
Democratic Candidate for Post 2 Commissioner
Paulding County, Georgia
Editor/Publisher of www.PauldingAirport.US
  • Like 3

I think she said she was a woman, or at least had a husband. (nowdays we mustn't presume)

I think she also said she worked at an ER.

Oh, ok. I obviously missed a couple of pesky little details. Certainly not the first time. :D

Wow...

:rofl: My dear, prothall... :db:

I could not possibly have said it better myself, no matter how many words I might try to throw at the rampant ignorance and arrogance most always exhibited by SOME "concerned Paulding residents". 8P

Thanks to you for being an intelligent, well-informed and thoughtful voice of reason in Paulding County. .... :good: & :air_kiss:

I do not understand people who have one set of rules for themselves, where they can say any crazy thing they want , true or not, any time they want , BUT they have another set of rules for everyone else that says "You have to say what we like to hear or we will SHUT YOU UP!!!!"

You know, after my encounter with Mayor Doris Devey the other day at the BoC meeting (read all about it at www.PauldingAirport.US), I now have new suspicions about the secret identity of CPR........I'm just sayin'... :shok: ... I could see Mayor Doris' wagging finger in my face as I was reading CPR's screed about who should be allowed to speak which authorized-only words, under the watchful eye of an armed Marshall, ready to stop your speech at any moment if the ruling class hears something they don't like.

Sounds more like Putin's Russia or Castro's Cuba than the good old US of A to me.

I thought Martina Hemming's speech opening was basically saying "Respect the Veterans. Don't use them as props for your agenda. And don't deny respect to the views and the service of ANY veteran because they disagree with you politically". I find that lots and lots of politicians, especially in this neck of the woods, like to use our veterans as props for their own political agendas BUT when it comes time to prove to our veterans that we value their service by honoring the promises we made to them before they put on the uniform, those same politicians can't be bothered with "the takers" as Mitt Romney and many Republicans like to call the poorest among us, even if they once wore the uniform.

Yes, sadly, far too many of our active service members and their families, and veterans of service, live below the poverty line and must accept food stamps to feed their families. And if we are honest, we will admit that the current mess at the VA is nothing new. Cutting services to veterans who have served and protected our nation is old trick. Take a minute or two and do an Internet search on General Smedley Butler, learn more about him, and read some of the speeches he gave about 80 years ago if you want to learn more about how America has really treated her returning warriors throughout the history of our nation. We need to be sure that we serve our veterans out of the uniform, just as well as they served US when they were in it!

Unfortunately, there are some in Paulding who only honor veterans that say what they want to hear and kiss their ring ... or some body part, perhaps.

Best regards and thanks to all veterans, even if you don't agree with me. I may not agree with everything you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Too bad that isn't always reciprocal.

Patti Smith
Paulding County, Georgia

CPR is not Doris Devey. I know her and I doubt she would come here to post. She is a very sweet lady.

I think I love you. :swoon:

Yeah and I bet you got DELTA on SPEED DIAL!!!!

Poor Concerned Pldg Resident, I suspect you check under your bed and in the closet every night for the evil Delta monster before you go to bed. You do know it's not possible to take you seriously right?

• Like 2

I am sure she is a "very sweet lady" when you agree with her.

I am sure she is a nice lady overall.

Perhaps a little like me, often passionate about what they believe in.

A little reading in "How to Win Friends and Influence People" wouldn't hurt, but then again, it wouldn't hurt me either.

I do.

Apparently there is a lot of money being tossed about and I am standing in the wrong line.

Attention: Propeller and Delta!

I am available to be bought!

First one to bribe can be the first one to own me!

Large amounts preferred, but not a deal breaker!

But the real question is: Will you stay bought?

I am extremely loyal to those who buy me.

(unless the other side wants to buy me back)

So you are a typical flip-flopping wannabe politician.... 8) Wasn't it the Senator from LA who defined an honest politician as one, when bought, stays bought?

• Like 1

I have disagreed with her about something concerning the IBA. She remained a lady throughout the conversation.

I am sure she is a nice lady overall.

Perhaps a little like me, often passionate about what they believe in.

A little reading in "How to Win Friends and Influence People" wouldn't hurt, but then again, it wouldn't hurt me either.

Yes, I was also thinking of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" when Mayor Doris had her finger in my face last Tuesday morning, nearly growling at me when she said "You people are destroying this county."

• Like 3

It has become obvious most of our local elected officials attended the Ayatolla Khomeni school of Politics and Diplomacy, and still failed at that. 8)

Paranoid - Dillusional - Arrogant - Insulting - Overbearing

Yeah, the list goes on and on.

• Like 1

I sure would enjoy seeing you get up in front of the commissioners at a meeting and heap all the praise you want to on them!

Oh I forgot you had rather hide behind a avatar and take sides with them and belittle those that are opposed to all the underhanded tactics and secret meetings. MY MY you are so brave.

• Like 2

It has become obvious most of our local elected officials attended the Ayatolla Khomeni school of Politics and Diplomacy, and still failed at that. 8)

Paranoid - Dillusional - Arrogant - Insulting - Overbearing

Yeah, the list goes on and on.

It has devolved into a Never Ending Story, Surepip, sadly. That's why this sick & tired old woman at the east end of the runway has become a politician. I may not win as a DEM in this county, but I surely will do my very best to make my government CARE about the harm they to the citizens. And if they don't care, at least some of them will be gone from government.

Next, we have to abolish the governing Authorities that allow UNelected officials to spend our money as if it were free money from Heaven, instead of our hard earned tax dollars. And making somebody pay for what they did to your family....THAT would be priceless!

Patti Smith

Paulding County, Georgia

www.ElectPattiSmith.com

• Like 2

It has devolved into a Never Ending Story, Surepip, sadly. That's why this sick & tired old woman at the east end of the runway has become a politician. I may not win as a DEM in this county, but I surely will do my very best to make my government CARE about the harm they to the citizens. And if they don't care, at least some of them will be gone from government.

Next, we have to abolish the governing Authorities that allow UNelected officials to spend our money as if it were free money from Heaven, instead of our hard earned tax dollars. And making somebody pay for what they did to your family....THAT would be priceless!

Patti Smith

Paulding County, Georgia

www.ElectPattiSmith.com

Why are you running against Todd if that is your goal. I thought he was the one standing up and asking questions. Do you think a Democrat can beat him at that?