Paulding.com

You only need to learn to make a good flaky crust. Basically fat, flour, and liquid......roll and fold, and roll again.

The filling is a simple raw custard thats baked in the oven. Ingredients can be to your choosing. One of our favorites is bacon, broccolli, and swiss cheese with some grated nutmeg. But in essence, its kind of like what ever you want like you might choose on a pizza.

A quiche and salad make a terrific healthy light meal.

Close your eyes, Pubby. I used a pre-made crust and it was very flaky. On the recipe below, I made real bacon to use and I added some spinach. This REALLY fills the crust to almost overflowing - but it didnt.

I put mine together in the morning and baked it that night. I bought pre-grated Parmesan but grated my own swiss. One of my friends brought this to a meeting and we almost fought over the last piece. LOL.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1/2 cup chopped onion
5 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half cream
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 2. In a medium bowl, mix the bacon, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust. 3. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture. 4.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.

Enjoy!

Close your eyes, Pubby. I used a pre-made crust and it was very flaky. On the recipe below, I made real bacon to use and I added some spinach. This REALLY fills the crust to almost overflowing - but it didnt.

I put mine together in the morning and baked it that night. I bought pre-grated Parmesan but grated my own swiss. One of my friends brought this to a meeting and we almost fought over the last piece. LOL.

INGREDIENTS:
1 (3 ounce) can bacon bits
1/2 cup chopped onion
5 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
3 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
1 (9 inch) deep dish frozen pie crust
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half cream
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). 2. In a medium bowl, mix the bacon, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mixture in the unthawed pie crust. 3. Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture. 4.

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until top of quiche begins to turn brown.

Enjoy!

I meant close your eyes Surepip!

I meant close your eyes Surepip!

But the home made crust is so much better, and really no big deal to make. Its probably $0.25-$0.30 of ingredients, and 5 minutes of time.

We use rendered duck or goose fat. Or butter. Crisco or lard is fine. Just make sure the fat is cold when you cut it into the flour in the mixer. Form it into a ball on a flour dusted board or counter, wrap it in plastic, and put it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes. Roll it out, fold it over into quarters, and roll it out again. Cover the quiche pan, press it in to fit and put some pretty crimps with your thumb and fingers around the edge, and prebake it.

Pour in the quiche mix and fillings, and bake.

But the home made crust is so much better, and really no big deal to make. Its probably $0.25-$0.30 of ingredients, and 5 minutes of time.

We use rendered duck or goose fat. Or butter. Crisco or lard is fine. Just make sure the fat is cold when you cut it into the flour in the mixer. Form it into a ball on a flour dusted board or counter, wrap it in plastic, and put it in the fridge for 30-40 minutes. Roll it out, fold it over into quarters, and roll it out again. Cover the quiche pan, press it in to fit and put some pretty crimps with your thumb and fingers around the edge, and prebake it.

Pour in the quiche mix and fillings, and bake.

No doubt! I watched my mom and grandma make many a pie crust. And I DO own a pie plate or two. But this sure is easy :)

I like quiche, but don't tell anyone.

REAL MEN LIKE QUICHE! :)

Miss Sophie, I used the premade frozen crust as well. And they come out very good. :)

I also use premade frozen crust. I actually think it might be better than "my" version of homemade. :)

I often make quiches when I have not quite enough of various leftovers. The family's favorite is a ham and cheese quiche. There was an amazing seafood quiche at the Hungry Mother's Restaurant in VA Beach. I think the place is out of business now, but they had the best quiche.

I use a refrigerated crust. My grandmother told me once that if I wasn't going to make biscuits and pie crust everyday - I'd never be truly good at it and it was ok if I used bought. :)! Never looked back.

• Like 1