Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
mei lan

Hot dog place kaput?

So the hot dog restaurant at Crossroads where Martino's used to be appears to be closed. If so, not surprised. Very odd menu (seemed regional like maybe upper midwest)...they didn't even have chili for their hot dogs. We ate there once and I was underwhelmed, to say the least.

I always hate to see businesses close.

does not seem to have a good rep as a successful location...it was a burger place too & went under

The last time I ate there, it was inedible. They had decent burgers and started out okay, but the menu was a bit weird.

What little ice cream place?

On 278, across from the Hooters and mexican place, next to the car wash.

Does that Nathan's Dogs at the little ice cream place have decent dogs?

Yup. I mean, in my opinion anyway. It's very clean and last time I was there, the service was good.

It's called Brusters. I think.

Yup. I mean, in my opinion anyway. It's very clean and last time I was there, the service was good.

It's called Brusters. I think.

That's the one.

Good dogs you say.

Hmmm, I will have to try it.

That's the one.

Good dogs you say.

Hmmm, I will have to try it.

Yo! They're Nathan's.

• Like 1

On 278, across from the Hooters and mexican place, next to the car wash.

You know I don't do Hiram but twice a year...now how would I know about that? But you're in luck because rockysmom knows.

You know I don't do Hiram but twice a year...now how would I know about that? But you're in luck because rockysmom knows.

I may try and get me a dog this weekend or Monday.

I love me a good hot dog.

Sadly, it seems that in the south, we can only do chili dogs well, while our northern counterparts can do all sorts of great hot dogs.

But we got em beat on BBQ, so I guess it all evens out.

• Like 1

I hesitate to recommend anywhere........but this is pretty easy. You either like decent dogs or you don't.

The ice cream rocks too.

I hesitate to recommend anywhere........but this is pretty easy. You either like decent dogs or you don't.

The ice cream rocks too.

True story.

Edited by mei lan

We never got up there. We had intended to give it a try because friends said it was great. Our friends are from Michigan and they felt like they had found a place that made them feel like they were back home.

Martino's was the pits. I have noticed once an eating place fails it's not unusual for following business's to have a tough time overcoming the negative previous bad stigma.

• Like 2

I may try and get me a dog this weekend or Monday.

I love me a good hot dog.

Sadly, it seems that in the south, we can only do chili dogs well, while our northern counterparts can do all sorts of great hot dogs.

But we got em beat on BBQ, so I guess it all evens out.

Hot dog girl at Home Depot in Hiram has (IMO) the best Hot Dog in Paulding! :good:

• Like 1

Hot dog girl at Home Depot in Hiram has (IMO) the best Hot Dog in Paulding! :good:

Is she cute?

The best place to get hot dogs is Chet's Hot Dogs. I know they've at least been around since I was 2 or 3 and that was a long long time ago. :lol:

Of course you have to drive to Muskogee,Ok. to get one. :search:

There is some restaurant out my way called the Half Shell. Oysters and Hot dogs what a combo LOL

Oh....barf.

Oh, now - that is just sad. Imma put you on the prayer list for that.

• Like 3

Has anyone tried the hot dog place up 61 in the old BBQ hut?

Pop's Dogs?

drove by it the other day

used to have a Pink Pig for a sign

We ate at that place once (the one mentioned in the original topic). We both said that for an average hotdog and a pile of fries that we could do better at home, we'd not go back, and we never did. Especially for the price. We figured it wouldn't make it. I don't think it's the location, it's the quality. Martino's sucked and we weren't impressed with that place either. And the burger place in the strip mall area behind them, which may have lasted months was also overpriced for a really average burger.

• Like 1

I Love hot dogs but, I can't eat any beef hotdogs. They are so thick and tough to chew. I have swallowing problems when it comes to certian foods. Therefore, I have to be careful. I noticed that the Crossroads restaurant (same owners as The Marietta Diner) had closed, also.

I Love hot dogs but, I can't eat any beef hotdogs. They are so thick and tough to chew. I have swallowing problems when it comes to certian foods. Therefore, I have to be careful. I noticed that the Crossroads restaurant (same owners as The Marietta Diner) had closed, also.

I wondered about that. With our new $10M shortcut road going between 92 and Cedarcrest, I don't pass by there much anymore, but was by the other day and it looked like it was closed.

"The ownership at CrossRoads Grille would like to announce that we will be temporarily closed for some much needed "Spring Cleaning" and remodeling.

We will be re-opening soon with NEW management that will be dedicated to bring nothing but the best food and service to this great community.
We would like to thank everyone that visited the restaurant and look forward to serving you again !"

• Like 1

"The ownership at CrossRoads Grille would like to announce that we will be temporarily closed for some much needed "Spring Cleaning" and remodeling.

We will be re-opening soon with NEW management that will be dedicated to bring nothing but the best food and service to this great community.

We would like to thank everyone that visited the restaurant and look forward to serving you again !"

That's great!!! We were there 2 times, and haven't been back up that way since. But, the food was good and plentiful.

We will be re-opening soon with NEW management that will be dedicated to bring nothing but the best food and service to this great community.We would like to thank everyone that visited the restaurant and look forward to serving you again !"

When? The last couple times I drove past there was a sign that said for sale full furnished resturant

• Like 1

When? The last couple times I drove past there was a sign that said for sale full furnished resturant

I saw that same Facebook post but I think whatever Crossroads Neighborhood Grille said was a load of bullcheeze. That place has been closed for a few weeks now and has had a "furnished restaurant for sale" sign up for probably 2 weeks. The new owner was a real SOB on his Facebook page after people responded to his miserably failed health inspection score. Even with a 40-something score, he refused to close his restaurant (as was recommended by the health department) and he swore up and down that his restaurant was clean and the food was safe. I read the complete health report and I wouldn't touch that place with a 10-ft pole. Nasty. I think that a combination of the poor inspection score, the owner/manager's piss-poor attitude, and the curse of the location did him in. I hope they find someone who can really run that place and cook decent food. There is still debate about whether or not the Marietta Diner actually owned that place or not. I had always heard that they were the last to take over that place, but then I heard that they did not.

As far as the Coney Island All-American Hot Dog place that the OP mentioned, I didn't realize that they closed but I can certainly understand why. I drove by often and the place was always empty. We ate there once - yes, just once, and we were very underwhelmed. My hot dog was just average. My husband grills dogs MUCH better on the grill. My husband didn't particularly care for his dog or his side (I can't remember what side he got). WAY overpriced. We said we would not go back there and we never did. Crossroads is right down the road from my house and we'd LOVE to see a great business go there.

I haven't been up Cedarcrest in quite some time, so I am sure your information is more accurate than mine.

I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to discredit you, HW&M! That's not what I intended at all. I was trying to emphasize what you said, not detract from it. :)

I hope I didn't sound like I was trying to discredit you, HW&M! That's not what I intended at all. I was trying to emphasize what you said, not detract from it. :)

Not at all :)

• Like 1

Pop's Dogs?

drove by it the other day

used to have a Pink Pig for a sign

I'm sitting at Pop's Dawg House now waiting on Blondie to finish up.

Pretty good. Chili is a little on the bland side but still good.

Very reasonably priced. Today's special was two chili dogs fries and a drink for $5.99

I ordered a chili dog, onion rings and a large drink. Also has 10 hot wings. Wings were tasty.

A little drive for us to Burnt Hickory but it's good.

Any hotdog place is a hard sell down here in the south. They are usually way overpriced for the product, I've seen hotdogs that cost more than the price for a pack of expensive hotdogs at the store. Hotdogs have always been a cheap food here in the south, and pretty much every where else in the country, and people don't want pay the same price they pay for burgers even though they're the same weight product wise...