Paulding.com

Downtown Carrollton

My husband and I went to downtown Carrollton last night because we wanted something new for dinner. OMG, what a great place. There were all of these wonderful cafes/restaurants with indoor and outdoor seating and they even had a live band playing music behind the restaurant that we ate at (great music, Journey cover band). If our county wants to bring in money while employing people, they need to visit downtown Carrollton. Lots of folks milling about and just enjoying the evening. It is a shame that our downtown areas are so terrible! Hiram is a cluster to try to get to and eat. We eat at one restaurant in Hiram and any other time we go there, it is not by choice; we mainly eat in Villa Rica. Bravo Carrollton, we will definitely be back soon!!

• Like 3

My husband and I went to downtown Carrollton last night because we wanted something new for dinner. OMG, what a great place. There were all of these wonderful cafes/restaurants with indoor and outdoor seating and they even had a live band playing music behind the restaurant that we ate at (great music, Journey cover band). If our county wants to bring in money while employing people, they need to visit downtown Carrollton. Lots of folks milling about and just enjoying the evening. It is a shame that our downtown areas are so terrible! Hiram is a cluster to try to get to and eat. We eat at one restaurant in Hiram and any other time we go there, it is not by choice; we mainly eat in Villa Rica. Bravo Carrollton, we will definitely be back soon!!

Yup! I love Carrollton! There is a resturant named "plates" there. Really good.

There is a small arena on one of the side streets, wonder if that's where the music was coming from.

I like the Hawiann resturant in Carrolton ! I miss thee Tin Roof in VR they had great sandwiches

We wanted to go try the Tin Roof but, it was closed. There is a Brazillian restaurant in Carrollton, that we will be trying out in a little while, it's called Samba Loca???? Can't wait to go try this place, has anyone ever been????

Actually it's a quite a haul form the Silver Comet Airport to Carrollton, anywho................................ Restaurant.com has quite a few deals for restaurants in Carrollton. I buy the restaurant.com certificate quite often. You can get a $25 restaurant certificate for like $5 or $8. I ONLY buy these when they are real cheap!!!

Actually it's a quite a haul form the Silver Comet Airport to Carrollton, anywho................................ Restaurant.com has quite a few deals for restaurants in Carrollton. I buy the restaurant.com certificate quite often. You can get a $25 restaurant certificate for like $5 or $8. I ONLY buy these when they are real cheap!!!

I was being a smart butt about the airport.

After all, they can't even cab it across county lines, or so I hear.

Back to food.

The wife and I will be trying some of these places.

Thanks to all for the tips on where to go.

Yup! I love Carrollton! There is a resturant named "plates" there. Really good.

There is a small arena on one of the side streets, wonder if that's where the music was coming from.

Yes it was directly behind the Irish Bred Pub. We will try either Plates or Little Hawaiian next time.

For whatever reason, our downtown will never be like that.

The folks don't want alcohol or stangers milling around.

Sad, really.

It would be nice to be able to enjoy our town, instead of having to travel to another town.

• Like 1

The folks don't want alchol or stangers milling around.

Sad, really.

It would be nice to be able to enjoy our town, instead of having to travel to another town.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

Dallas will never grow until the old guard has passed on and the younger folks decide what to do with the great potential for Downtown Dallas. The old money rules Downtown Dallas.

Does anyone know if Mayor Austin has any opinion on the potential boom Downtown Dallas could have for Paulding County as a whole? After all, he lives in Downtown Dallas.

• Like 2

Sad, really.

You are right.

It seems what they want are junk stores and tattoo shops.

I would love it if there was something to draw me to old Dallas.

But until that happens, I will take my business to old Acworth.

Sad, really.

Another town, in another county.

It is sad.

I would dare say that Paulding is the only county in the metro area who's county seat doesn't have one, usually more, decent places to eat downtown.

Even the counties in S Ga have that.

I know back in the eighties there was still an old law on the books that outlawed dancing in Dallas.

It's probably still on the books.

Everybody cut, Everybody cut
Everybody cut Footloose

You know why the Baptist don't dance, don't cha?

• Like 1

I know back in the eighties there was still an old law on the books that outlawed dancing in Dallas.

Everybody cut Footloose

No, I don't Low, do tell. Please Mam. :hi:

The good ol' boys who've run Paulding for decades have never been able to see further than the string on the dollar hanging in front of them.

There was that "supposedly" awesome Mexican place at the courthouse, what happened with that again?

Living here has been like watching someone take a 50 piece puzzle and banging the pieces all together with a hammer however they see fit.

I know, complain complain complain.. right?

Oh wait, here's an idea.

Get a plan together, along with Carroll County to push a main corridor from I-20, up 101 with a main connection with 120/Buchanan Hwy, put a bypass around the back side of Dallas, connecting to 381 going to I-75. Entice land owners south of 278 to rezone industrial.

I mean Carroll has been wanting a "straight shot" to I-75 for years... And if you get on google maps, look at the rest of the outlying Metro areas... Paulding is the only one who has yet to start planning for the future with these corridors connecting the interstates..

2qd6e0n.jpg

Edited by Beats Working

Everybody cut Footloose

I think your question should be; Why don't Baptist hanky panky standing up?

Cause they're afraid someone will think they are dancing.

I think your question should be; Why don't Baptist hanky panky standing up?

Cause they're afraid someone will think they are dancing.

:rofl:

I always heard it the other way around...................they don't dance because...................

They're afraid someone will think they're having sex standing up :diablo:

• Like 1

:rofl:

I always heard it the other way around...................they don't dance because...................

They're afraid someone will think they're having sex standing up :diablo:

You could be correct, it's a senior day for me today.

Has anyone seen my teeth?

Carroll County learned from Pauilding's mistake by not ripping the heart out of its downtown. The new Courthouse in Carroll (at a cost of around $35M vs. $90M here) is beautifully attached to its historic Courthouse and maintains the sanctity of the downtown area. While it's not just about keeping the courthouse downtown, that is a critical factor in keeping it as a thriving city IMO.

• Like 2

Carroll County learned from Pauilding's mistake by not ripping the heart out of its downtown. The new Courthouse in Carroll (at a cost of around $35M vs. $90M here) is beautifully attached to its historic Courthouse and maintains the sanctity of the downtown area. While it's not just about keeping the courthouse downtown, that is a critical factor in keeping it as a thriving city IMO.

I totally agree with you plus I remember when we had a good mexican place that had out grown their space and they added tables on the sidewalk. Seems like I remember they were made to remove the outside tables. In my opinion that action sent an anti-business message. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Oh wait, here's an idea.

Get a plan together, along with Carroll County to push a main corridor from I-20, up 101 with a main connection with 120/Buchanan Hwy, put a bypass around the back side of Dallas, connecting to 381 going to I-75. Entice land owners south of 278 to rezone industrial.

I mean Carroll has been wanting a "straight shot" to I-75 for years... And if you get on google maps, look at the rest of the outlying Metro areas... Paulding is the only one who has yet to start planning for the future with these corridors connecting the interstates..

2qd6e0n.jpg

Wow, right thru my backyard.

:nea:

• Like 1

It can be done in both our downtowns. They can create economic development.

They can begin to buy up many of the older homes that surround the main streets,

then hold them until developers come along and create desirable businesses.

You have to have someone out there saying look at us, look what we have.

I like Carrollton, too, but I chose Woodstock when I moved out of Paulding County.

I live 4 miles from the Gold Gym, which is where I go after eating at one the many restaurants around the city. The many parks, we have, are also nice. Woodstock pitches a lot of parties, also. The only problem is that the traffic is getting bad around the old town part of Woodstock. I am learning my way around every day, and there is always plenty to do.

Canton, Roswell, and Alpharetta, is also not far away.

Yeah, I forgot about Woodstock.

It is nice.

Even D'ville has an OK downtown.

Maybe Paulding is just supposed to be backwards and out of touch.

But I like my little corner of it.

Yeah, I forgot about Woodstock.

It is nice.

Even D'ville has an OK downtown.

Maybe Paulding is just supposed to be backwards and out of touch.

But I like my little corner of it.

Somebody's got to play the banjo music, why not us.

I like Paulding also, but I would like a good soup and salad place.

• Like 1

Wow, right thru my backyard.

:nea:

I figured I'd hit one of those on here, but hey.. something like this may not happen for 10-20 years, if it would even happen at all.

I did know someone personally out past Rose's store that had the surveyors come through the middle of their property for the long ago outer perimeter (i-485), or whatever. The problem with that one, it was to go thru Carrollton, come up and catch Rockmart, then on to Rome... yeah, Dallas would have been left high and dry..

Project 92 (the one from I-20 to the Hiram Bypass) is still ongoing, just slowly, and that's great for Hiram. But in a car centric society we've got to plan plan plan, and one day 61 south will 4-lane, 381 will do so as well.. eventually progress will come to your doorstep.. one day..

But this is my agreeing it being a shame Dallas has never planned further than next week with much of anything, and the plans have always seemed... lacking for the week after, since they drag their feet on everything. You go outside the Atlanta metro, and you'll find all these little towns who've upgraded and beautified their old downtowns and turned them into little mecca's of business and history.

Is the city of Dallas friendly to new businesses/old businesses in the square?

I'm sure they'd love it. Problem is, since the redo, the price of new businesses rent went up, having little draw tor anything new, leaving the existing. And the Mexican place on the square, being too small to have all indoor seating, used to have part of the square for seating, they went to war with Dallas over them not being allowed to have that anymore, and were fined retroactively for having that seating, effectively putting them out of business. It was ugly and short sighted of them (Dallas) to do so to a long standing business.

I totally agree with you plus I remember when we had a good mexican place that had out grown their space and they added tables on the sidewalk. Seems like I remember they were made to remove the outside tables. In my opinion that action sent an anti-business message. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, some pissy lawyer/attorney nearby, had a lot to do with that!!! I don't remember "ALL" of the datails because, it was years ago but, I'm still puzzled at the way all of that went down!! The owner was ordered to provide so may dollars in free food to helping hands client referrals AND the judge that presided over this case also, was going to donate $1,000 for the same cause. This is NOT hearsay, it was in a video, on pcom a few yrs ago. NEEDLESS TO SAY, NEITHER HAPPENED. I could care less that the owner didn't come thru on his end of the bargain because, of the crappy way he was ran out of his business, But, the Judge, openly said, in a court of law, that he would doate $1,000 and he never did. He was just trying to make himself look good. For what reason, I don't know.

Why run a man out of business, needlessly??? It's funny, from what I heard, a lot of that big rigamaroar was over some outside tables and chairs and now there are 3 places in Dallas, that has table and chairs, in front of their busineses. Listen to the pot call the kettle.............................. you know the saying!!

I like the Hawiann resturant in Carrolton ! I miss thee Tin Roof in VR they had great sandwiches

Just an FYI that after the Tin Roof closed, the servers and chef went over to the "Chat & Choo" across the tracks. If I remember correctly, the menu was almost identical to the old Tin Roof menu and the food was the same - WONDERFUL! (I almost cried when we discovered the Tin Rood had closed one Saturday morning when we decided to go there for breakfast, but my husband suggested we check out across the street to see if anything was open for breakfast. We did, and that's when we discovered Chat & Choo.)