Paulding.com

Shooting at Fed-Ex in Kennesaw

I am so glad my husband got a late start this morning. He was turning onto Airport Drive when his boss sent him home. And I am so glad he called to tell me before I saw it on the news.

Me too. I am sorry that I did not open your topic before posting this. Glad your hubby was not there and I hope all of the wounded make it through this.

• Like 1

My nephew (Twinsister's son) was the other unarmed security officer in the room when the first person was shot. The guy walked in, shot his co-worker and ran out of the building into the court yard where there are several large buildings fenced in. This area of the first shooting is where they screen all the baggage handlers of FedX. My nephew said he recognized the shooter as an employee, but didn't know his name. The 2nd person shot was "peppered" in the back. My nephew said he had a bandaleria (sp - thing across his chest probably loaded with bullets). My nephew rode with his co-worker in the ambulance to the E.R. His friend is in surgery for a stomach wound. My nephew is ok, just in shock and his ears are ringing. The news says the shooter is still on the property.

On a great note. A friend of mine is a FedX driver who works out of this location. I immediately texted his wife to see if he was ok. She said "By the Grace of God, he didn't hear his alarm and was late to work and not there when the shooting occurred." We just saw this friend on TV outside the gate of FedX. Praise the Lord!!!!!! It was 50/50 who was shot in the first building and it was not my nephew. The guy who was shot first was talking on the way to the hospital, so that is good.

• Like 2

My nephew said the security guard is out of surgery and in ICU. He is expected to be okay.

He told his Mama that the guy came running in and shot his co-worker and kept on running. My nephew went to the wounded co-worker to help him. I think they are counting my nephew as one of the 6 wounded that went to ER, but he was not injured, maybe just checked out. I'm so glad the shooter is dead. It could have been so much worse. We probably will never know why he did this.

My husband is at sparkles with the rest of Fedex contractors there. I can't wait for him to come home so I can hug him. Hug your family members a little tighter today and everyday from now on let them know you love them all the time.

My nephew said the security guard is out of surgery and in ICU. He is expected to be okay.

He told his Mama that the guy came running in and shot his co-worker and kept on running. My nephew went to the wounded co-worker to help him. I think they are counting my nephew as one of the 6 wounded that went to ER, but he was not injured, maybe just checked out. I'm so glad the shooter is dead. It could have been so much worse. We probably will never know why he did this.

Glad your nephew's ok!

My husband is at sparkles with the rest of Fedex contractors there. I can't wait for him to come home so I can hug him. Hug your family members a little tighter today and everyday from now on let them know you love them all the time.

:wub:

I also have to comment about the signage at this facility -- I went in to apply for holiday help and literally felt "trapped" -- so much so, that I left without even filling out the application!!! There were ENORMOUS signs all over the place stating "GUN-FREE zone, etc" I had to pass through a small outbuilding that had a metal detector and sign in. As I was entering the next building, I was immediately concerned about the signs (I mean they were HUGE!!) and all the fencing -- my first thought was that this looked dangerous in case of a fire!! I pray that everyone survives this -- but that settles it, I will NOT work anywhere with this type of message being broadcasted -- gives crazy people ideas...

10313582_10152474880380695_2991182166226

Christopher Sparkman is the security guard who stood between a gunman and employees at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw.

Keep Christopher and his injured co-workers in your prayers this evening.

An emergency room doctor at WellStar Kennestone Hospital said three of the six victims are in critical condition, including security guard Christopher Sparkman. One is stable, one has been released and one is pending release. He said all victims suffered multiple gunshot wounds. Sparkman was shot at close range in the chest.

I am not sure who that is. Is he a package handler?

I'm not sure what he does there. But he would be 20 years old.

• Like 1

Christopher Sparkman is my brother's best friend. My grandfather who passed away on Thursday, his funeral was this morning. My brother got a call at about 6 a.m. this morning saying Chris had been shot. Unfortunately my brother missed my grandfather's funeral (don't worry, he had my mom's blessing), to be at his best friend's side during this unfortunate event. My brother had to drive his wife to the hospital as she was too distraught. He sustained a gunshot wound from a shotgun with a birdshot shell to the side of his lower abdomen that was considered a life threatening injury. He had internal bleeding and they performed a surgery to remove some of his GI tract and has been sedated. He is currently in the ICU in critical condition. The doctors are optimistic, but it is still touch and go right now. The next 48 hours are crucial.

My brother is absolutely devastated right now. Chris is a war veteran who came home from over seas a couple years ago. He has been married for a little less than a year, which my brother was a groomsmen in his wedding, he and his wife bought a house in Powder Springs not too long ago, and he has been working as a security guard. This could not have happened to a more loving, good-hearted soul. My brother describes Chris as a stubborn fighter, and thinks he will be able to fight his way thru.

Please pray for Christopher, his wife, his family, and his friends during this difficult time of recovery.

• Like 2

Christopher Sparkman is my brother's best friend. My grandfather who passed away on Thursday, his funeral was this morning. My brother got a call at about 6 a.m. this morning saying Chris had been shot. Unfortunately my brother missed my grandfather's funeral (don't worry, he had my mom's blessing), to be at his best friend's side during this unfortunate event. My brother had to drive his wife to the hospital as she was too distraught. He sustained a gunshot wound from a shotgun with a birdshot shell to the side of his lower abdomen that was considered a life threatening injury. He had internal bleeding and they performed a surgery to remove some of his GI tract and has been sedated. He is currently in the ICU in critical condition. The doctors are optimistic, but it is still touch and go right now. The next 48 hours are crucial.

My brother is absolutely devastated right now. Chris is a war veteran who came home from over seas a couple years ago. He has been married for a little less than a year, which my brother was a groomsmen in his wedding, he and his wife bought a house in Powder Springs not too long ago, and he has been working as a security guard. This could not have happened to a more loving, good-hearted soul. My brother describes Chris as a stubborn fighter, and thinks he will be able to fight his way thru.

Please pray for Christopher, his wife, his family, and his friends during this difficult time of recovery.

Prayers sent

Prayers! This is so very sad, I just don't get it. :( I'm sorry about your grandfather Nina.

Nina, we are praying as well. I heard the same thing about what a nice couple they are. Please ask your brother to pass alongthat we are praying and remind them that God is bigger than any storm. Amen and amen.

• Like 1