Paulding.com

Why aren't baked beans available at local restaurant?

Occasionally I'll go to the KFC in Marietta and get a pretty decent meal... The operator seems to take a lot of pride in keeping his restaurant clean and food fresh and above average customer service...and they offer baked beans as a side item too,

Now the KFC in Dallas, well that's another story. The staff doesn't seem to take pride in their work. The food isn't that good and my number one vent is they don't offer baked beans as a side item. Why do some KFC restaurants offer baked beans and others do not. The gal at the KFC in Dallas had no clue as to why they don't offer baked beans.

It's too bad that the only thing on my mind today is baked beans.

• Like 1

Occasionally I'll go to the KFC in Marietta and get a pretty decent meal... The operator seems to take a lot of pride in keeping his restaurant clean and food fresh and above average customer service...and they offer baked beans as a side item too,

Now the KFC in Dallas, well that's another story. The staff doesn't seem to take pride in their work. The food isn't that good and my number one vent is they don't offer baked beans as a side item. Why do some KFC restaurants offer baked beans and others do not. The gal at the KFC in Dallas had no clue as to why they don't offer baked beans.

It's too bad that the only thing on my mind today is baked beans.

There is probably an EPA regulation about serving Baked Beans in small confined places. :pardon:

• Like 2

I keep hoping they'll tear down the KFC in Dallas and built a Mrs. Winner's in its place. :) One can only hope that Mrs. Winner's will come back. Or, better yet, a good, locally-owned, mom and pop restaurant with good food and good prices. :)

• Like 1

Back in the mid 90's when I was married to the ex, we lived in Smyrna, not far from the KFC on S.Cobb Dr.

(which by the way, is located on the same site that a house I lived in when I was around 3-4 used to be)

One night I went to the drive through to get the wife some KFC, I had already stopped eating their food.

I placed my order and drove around to the window.

I saw no one in the restaurant.

After a few minutes, I blew the horn...nothing.

A few more minutes, more horn blowing...nothing.

After 10 minutes I pulled in and parked.

Nervously I went into the restaurant.....no one to be seen.

I started yelling....nothing.

Then after about 45 seconds of yelling, out from the back came a guy and a gal....straightening their clothes.

They wanted to know what I was yelling about.

I told them I had placed an order around 15 minutes ago and wanted my food.

They looked at each other, looked around and said, "Where did so and so go?"

"How in the hell should I know?", I replied.

Long story short, apparently the person working the drive through, after taking my order and finding themselves alone, walked out and left.

Oh yeh, they took the drive through headset with them.

Interesting side note, at least to me, the entire time I was in the drive through and in the store, not one other customer came by to eat.

I think that said a lot.

Having been a supplier for KFC during my working career (2 years ago), I will venture to say they would want to know of your displeasure. Find a way to communicate it. They have one of the strictest food audits we ever encountered. Unfortunately they give notice before they come; most of the time.

Go ahead; complain

They are more like warmed up pork 'n beans, I've never liked their baked beans, but Jim 'n Nicks has some good baked beans.

And coconut cream pie......yum.

OHHHHHHHH YES!!!!!

Edited by SPORTS SOURCE