Paulding.com

I had to hire an exterminator and have them come treat our house every three months when I lived in GA. If you really want to freak yourself out, walk through your house at night with a blacklight. Scorpions will glow white.

Two weeks ago I killed a 5 inch long scorpion (i live in Central America) by dropping a cutting board on top of it. I was successful in killing it, but that's when I learned Scorpions carry their babies on their backs. So I had to kill 20+ scurrying baby scorpions. Yeah, I hate them just a bit.

I had to hire an exterminator and have them come treat our house every three months when I lived in GA. If you really want to freak yourself out, walk through your house at night with a blacklight. Scorpions will glow white.

Two weeks ago I killed a 5 inch long scorpion (i live in Central America) by dropping a cutting board on top of it. I was successful in killing it, but that's when I learned Scorpions carry their babies on their backs. So I had to kill 20+ scurrying baby scorpions. Yeah, I hate them just a bit.

I have an exterminator, however, last year was difficult to keep them under control (the Scorpions). I don't know if I need to find a new exterminator or if I am just doomed to deal with the problem. I do NOT want to deal with it--I can handle maybe one here...another there--per year. But last year I killed as many as three in one day/evening.

I have noticed that in Georgia they tend to start coming indoors when the temps get to 90'F or above. They are coming in to get cooler. If you can have chickens a few free range chickens in your yard should get rid of them as the chickens love them! Our pest control service sprays the exterior perimeter of our home every month and it seems to help.

My cat loves to mess with them.

I like to beat the total hell out of them with whatever I can get my hands on. I leave no chance of survival. I put a pair of jeans on once and was stung on the thigh. It scarred me for life.

I discovered one in the shower with me a few years back and I literally took the shower curtain and rod down as I bailed. I hate those things.

My cat loves to mess with them.

I like to beat the total hell out of them with whatever I can get my hands on. I leave no chance of survival. I put a pair of jeans on once and was stung on the thigh. It scarred me for life.

I discovered one in the shower with me a few years back and I literally took the shower curtain and rod down as I bailed. I hate those things.

Not saying that I wouldn't perhaps do the same, but that was funny.

If someone had videoed it, it would get a lot of watches. (people watching it, not timepieces)

I was good and lathered with soap and those present in the house thought I had fallen in the shower. It was and still is funny.

Almost as entertaining as the dance I did when stung on the thigh. I knew immediately when I felt the sting that my biggest fear had just materialized--in my pants no less. The jumping and leg kicking I performed trying to get it out of my jeans was a sight to behold.

I put "Triazine" over my whole yard in early spring and fall every year and as a back up, I spray the door seals and jambs with "terro" spider and scorpion killer every two weeks or so from sring til it gets cold. They got an early jump on me this year tho, I killed one beside the toilet yesterday morning. But that's the first I've "seen" inside in about ten years. Good luck! I hate those creepy little *&%*#$&*(%#'s too. In other parts of the world it's the little ones that you worry about not the big ones, but here it's all of them.

Yeah, dog woke me up in the middle of the night insisting to go outside, when I got back to the bedroom, biggest scorpion I've ever seen was right where I would have been otherwise sleeping had it not been for the dog's early morning wake up call. In fact, nearly every one I've ever seen has been right where I either had been or was about to sit/stand/step(ing) except the one that was crawling around on the ceiling one morning while I was getting ready for work.

That was the worst-the possibility of it falling while I was standing underneath it. Also the only one I didn't beat to an unrecognizable pulp.

• Like 1

Scorpions.

I hate them. I abhor them. They creep me out and I don't want to deal with them this year.

Any success stories with keeping them hell out of your house?

Scorpions.

I hate them. I abhor them. They creep me out and I don't want to deal with them this year.

Lavender. Plant it all around. It helps keep scorpions away. I've got a planter on several windows and my husband always gripes about it but it does help keep them away.

We also use an exterminator who sprays monthly.

Scorpions.

I have to disagree. I kind of like Scorpions. They aren't my favorite metal band from the 80's as I'm more of a Motley Crue kind of guy but they were fighting for freedom and a unified Germany so that counts for something. My wife though doesn't like Scorpions at all. She was half asleep in the car one night when "Rock Me Like a Hurricane" came on the radio. She swears to this day that while singing it I changed the line from "on a hot June night for love at first sting" to "on a hot June night for loving Christine". Christine was one of my attractive coworkers! I plead innocent to the charge but nevertheless she insists I did it. Well enjoy the video on this rainy Monday morning. ;)

04_scorpions.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxdmw4tJJ1Y

Edited by Ford Tough
  • Like 4

we had problems with them for years, then last year after having enough we hired an exterminator to come out and spray, he comes every 3 months. Since they started spraying we have not seen one. The best thing we have ever done. I was never bitten, but my husband was and he screamed like a little girl, it literally brought him to his knees, he said the pain was absolutely awful. I have no idea what spray they use, but it works.