Paulding.com

I have always felt that it is important for people to be as informed as possible before going to the polls.

I hope the Save Paulding group does not mind me sharing this.

They did a great job and I appreciate them organizing this and contributing to the education of Paulding voters.

I appreciate the candidates that participated also.

We are all effected by the decisions of all the commissioners, it is important to

get to know them all and express our support for candidates even outside our own post.

It was a good night, I was impressed with all the candidates. Due to some last minute changes, by request from citizens, we decided to let everyone at least introduce themselves. They handled it well, I think they are going to have many "last minute" opportunities to comment in the next few months.

Don't know if this has ever been done before, but I believe everyone that was there enjoyed it. It helps to know who is who.

We were also graced by the attendance of Howard Maxwell, Incumbent House District 17 and his challenger David Bond. Excited they were interested enough in their community to attend. :clapping:

While Save Paulding is responsible for the video, they were not a sponsor. I do appreciate them videoing the meeting and I'm sure they don't mind you sharing it, it truly was a community effort. ;)

Edited by tundra
  • Like 3

For those that were unable to attend here is the video of the meet and greet held last night at Bethany Church.

Al the commissioners that are running for office attended this event.

there was some interesting comments made

http://youtu.be/2ZjJNplkPXM

Thank you Whitey, but there was one candidate missing, Mike Pope. Thursday is his day to care for his aging mother, he sent his regrets for not being able to attend but requested we give his phone number 770-445-6580 so anyone can call him to discuss his campaign. He is running as an Independent in Post 2.

I really enjoyed the format last night. Actually I came away feeling I know each candidate better. I enjoyed hearing where each candidate stands on different issues that affect all. While I came in with preconceived opinions, I was surprised how I enjoyed hearing other opinions.

Great job to those who worked hard to put this together. Great job to the church for providing a wonderful place for us to meet. Great job to each candidate for being open and transparent. And great job to each person in attendance for being great listeners.

I hope we see this type of meetings in the future.

Paulding Meet and Greet, April 3, 2014post-41370-0-60101100-1396649866_thumb.jpg

Vernon Collett Candidate for Paulding County Commission Post 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HvN5-yZLPA

Tony Crowe Candidate for Paulding County Commission Post 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=801AYY8mUdI

Todd Pownall Candidate for reelection Paulding County Commission Post 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iBTwKs-zEI

Edited by Jim Ormond
  • Like 2

A time and location might be helpful for someone who wanted to attend. :)

I think there was some info on this here, sorry...........next time we'll make a special thread. I have a feeling we'll have more of these. It was really great for all but one to attend. There is a full video on here somewhere. Would you like the link?

• Like 1

That's ok.

I was trying to be helpful because I noticed that there was no time or location posted.

If I'd been more alert I would have also noticed that the date of the event was...

YESTERDAY.

I plead exhaustion. :D

• Like 1

I think there was some info on this here, sorry...........next time we'll make a special thread. I have a feeling we'll have more of these. It was really great for all but one to attend. There is a full video on here somewhere. Would you like the link?

Who is the one it was not great for to attend?

I worded that wrong. All but one attended because he had to take care of his mom. I thought it was great that 8 out of 9 attended.

I worded that wrong. All but one attended because he had to take care of his mom. I thought it was great that 8 out of 9 attended.

I thought it was great too. I thought you may have worded it wrong since you are normally straight forward but I wanted to make sure.

When was this even mentioned,after the fact? Is this the anti-growth ralley? Where is the rest of the canidates,is this just another staging for anti-growth and still want to place us back in the primitive era.

When was this even mentioned,after the fact? Is this the anti-growth ralley? Where is the rest of the canidates,is this just another staging for anti-growth and still want to place us back in the primitive era.

All of the candidates were invited I believe. Pubby, Howard Maxwell, and David Barnett attended. I would not call them part of your alleged anti- growth crowd.

• Like 1

I do not remember if this event was previously mentioned here on Paulding.com or not.

I do know it was mentioned on Facebook by friends and on pages I follow.

Even with me wearing one of my blue shirts, I would not have said this was an anti- growth rally.

Maybe Pubby will jump in and tell if he felt this was an anti- growth rally or not.

• Like 1

Mojo:

If you listened to the video, you'd know that was my impression as well.

But no, the anti-growth agenda was not the point of this gathering. It was a meet and greet for the candidates and it was mentioned here noting that the anti-growth group's favored candidates were going to appear. The folks at the church, according to Kristen, wanted to make sure that all candidates were invited and so, a few days after the notice here, the invitations went out to all the candidates.

I do sense that some candidates may have been 'more prepared' to speak than others (My invite said specifically that we would not be expected to speak :) ... but if you are an aspiring politician, you either rise to the occasion or you don't. So when they called my name, I rose :).

I was pleased and saw some old friends - some of which I had apparently offended in the past and was able to make amends - and of course I saw you too Mojo.

pubby

Mojo:

But no, the anti-growth agenda was not the point of this gathering. It was a meet and greet for the candidates and it was mentioned here noting that the anti-growth group's favored candidates were going to appear. The folks at the church, according to Kristen, wanted to make sure that all candidates were invited and so, a few days after the notice here, the invitations went out to all the candidates.

I do sense that some candidates may have been 'more prepared' to speak than others (My invite said specifically that we would not be expected to speak :) ... but if you are an aspiring politician, you either rise to the occasion or you don't. So when they called my name, I rose :).

I was pleased and saw some old friends - some of which I had apparently offended in the past and was able to make amends - and of course I saw you too Mojo.

pubby

No Pubby, it was not the Church's request to invite everyone, it was some of the other citizens that thought they'd like to hear everyone. It was also requested by other citizens to allow you to introduce yourselves so they could video it. That was a last minute request. We like to listen to the other citizens and tried our best to accommodate their wishes. And yes, all candidates should be "prepared to speak" at any event they attend, it's part of running for office. As I said, each handled it well, I was impressed by everyone.

The church had nothing to do with the meeting other than the use of their facility. It's a community building and they invite all who are interested to use it if they need to.

Edited by tundra

Does anyone have a list of web sites, etc. There is not a lot of information on some folks.

Most of the candidates have FB Pages. Most are getting websites updated and running this week. Keep an eye out and just google their names. As soon as we have all of them (or all we can find), I'll put a list together.

Edited by tundra

Mojo:

pubby

No Pubby, it was not the Church's request to invite everyone, it was some of the other citizens that thought they'd like to hear everyone. It was also requested by other citizens to allow you to introduce yourselves so they could video it. That was a last minute request. We like to listen to the other citizens and tried our best to accommodate their wishes. And yes, all candidates should be "prepared to speak" at any event they attend, it's part of running for office. As I said, each handled it well, I was impressed by everyone.

The church had nothing to do with the meeting other than the use of their facility. It's a community building and they invite all who are interested to use it if they need to.

The reason I said that the church asked ... was that I recall Kristen saying that in her opening remarks, is all. Oh well. Like I said, no biggie.

pubby

Does anyone have a list of web sites, etc. There is not a lot of information on some folks.

Most of the candidates have FB Pages. Most are getting websites updated and running this week. Keep an eye out and just google their names. As soon as we have all of them (or all we can find), I'll put a list together.

www.electpattismith.com is up.

• Like 1