Paulding.com

Southern Airways Flight 242

I won’t attempt to tell the story of what happened on April 4th 1977 here in New Hope. If you’re interested you can google Southern Airways Flight 242 on the internet and you will be provided with a number of sites that tell the story of the worst aviation disaster in Georgia history.

With further development of New Hope I want to make sure we don’t forget what happened and that newcomers can learn what happened here in our community. Sunday March 30th we will be holding an appreciation dinner. In honor of first responders I will feed all EMTs and Firefighters, active, retired, local or from another county. I want to say thanks for all that was done then and all that you do now!

The meal will begin at 11:00 and will be a Fish Fry! We will serve Fried Catfish, Fries, Slaw, Hushpuppies and a drink. We have several speakers lined up to talk about the tragic event of 1977. Everyone is welcome to come and learn some history first hand. Tickets for the meal are $8.

See ya at Rodney's!

• Like 1

Now this is worthy of public support and participation

We will be there

I understand Frederick Clements a survivor of the crash will be there with Cluff David's who has been posting essays about flight 242.

Hope to see you there next Sunday the 30th

• Like 1

Any and all firemen and emts, please come and enjoy a free lunch just because we really do appreciate what you do.

P.comers, please come and buy your lunch at Rodney's Sunday March 30, 2014 in support of our first responders at the Fire Departments!!!