Paulding.com

Paulding man (20) shot to death in his sleep

This family really needs a break, if anyone knows anything please call 404-577-8477 (TIPS)

I don't know how to post the link with the video and pictures but this is the text from www.myfoxatlanta.com:

DALLAS, Ga. -

The family of a Paulding County man is demanding answers after they say he was shot while sleeping in his own bed. The body of 20-year-old Cody Bryant was found last month.

The family tells FOX 5 News that they are pleading for answers. They say that nothing has been issued to the public about Bryant's death. They are asking anyone with information to step forward.

His mother says he was funny, generous and a lover of life.

"Just a sweet boy. Just always happy. I remember him always smiling, just happy," said Bryant's mother Beverly Collum. "He was a mama's boy; he loved his mama every time we would go to town together he would hold my hand."

The family says Bryant was shot point in the head during the early morning hours of February 10th. The Paulding County Sheriff's Office and GBI are investigating the case. The agencies are following active leads in the case, but cannot release any details.

"We want answers and that is why we are appealing to the public. Somebody knows something. They can call give a tip and hopefully the Paulding County Sheriff's Office or GBI can give some answers to the family to say 'Hey, we are on this. We are working on it.' Right now, it feels like nothing is being done," said Bryant's uncle, Bishop David Huskins.

The family hopes the answers to their questions will bring justice and some sense of closure.

The family is currently working with Crime Stoppers Atlanta to issue a reward for information leading to an arrest. Anyone with information can call 404-577-TIPS.

Evil is alive and well on planet Earth. :cray:

I have got to get me some new glasses, I was shocked that mei lan would write:

"Elvis is alive and well on planet Earth."

Then after reading it a few times, I finally read it correctly.

I hope they get some leads, very sad.

• Like 1

OMG! I read it as ELVIS too, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.......I was trying to figure out what Elvis had to do with it LOL

• Like 1

I thought the same thing...eyes getting old yes hope they find the person (persons) that did this

• Like 1

OMG...I've got glasses and that's what I thought it said too!!!!

There are lots of things that happen in this county that are never told. Sometimes the Sherriff's office and the Court system are real good at keeping things secret (of course, it all depends on exactly WHO you are).

• Like 2

OMG! I read it as ELVIS too, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.......I was trying to figure out what Elvis had to do with it LOL

I thought the same thing...eyes getting old yes hope they find the person (persons) that did this

I saw Elvis too. Good thing Vision Works is coming to Hiram :lol:

OMG...I've got glasses and that's what I thought it said too!!!!

HAHAHHAAHAHAHAHA. Y'all crack me up.

LeCroy, that is very good to know. Bless their hearts.

This was a very sweet and respectful young man. I hope and pray his family finds the answers they are seeking.

Yes he was a sweetheart and is so missed...

It's odd to me that police didn't report this to the media when it happened, I guess they have their reasons...

Yes he was a sweetheart and is so missed...

It's odd to me that police didn't report this to the media when it happened, I guess they have their reasons...

It wasnt in the Era, Neighbor, AJC....nowhere.

I checked Facebook...nothing posted...

Things that make ya go Hmmm..

It wasnt in the Era, Neighbor, AJC....nowhere.

I checked Facebook...nothing posted...

Things that make ya go Hmmm..

I think it's another case of a gag rule. Not one issued by a judge, but one issued by the more powerful of us.

Holding the powerful accountable happens on 11Alive, or Fox5. B)

There are lots of things that happen in this county that are never told. Sometimes the Sherriff's office and the Court system are real good at keeping things secret (of course, it all depends on exactly WHO you are).

Very true, tbird!

You can't even talk about some things, in public, without someone trying to squelch your speech. Politicians, right here in Georgia, know that better than anyone else.

I'm not even a politician, and I get squelched, a hellava lot, myself.

I think it's another case of a gag rule. Not one issued by a judge, but one issued by the more powerful of us.

Holding the powerful accountable happens on 11Alive, or Fox5. B)

You couldnt pay me enough money to watch 11Alive.

• Like 2

Me neither, do they even have news stories anymore? I've seen it in passing recently and all they seem to talk about are feel good stories about community service and puppies. It's odd that they still call it a news program.

• Like 1

I looked at his facebook, and saw where he had some serious words with a girl two days before this happened. If he was a family member of mine I would be seeing to it she answered some questions.

I agree

Is it up to the sheriff's office to call the media every time a murder occurs?

Is it up to the sheriff's office to call the media every time a murder occurs?

I have no clue what the details of this case might be, so my comment is about murder in general.

I would hope and think that if LE was stumped and needed some tips, they would call a press conference.

• Like 1

I looked at his facebook, and saw where he had some serious words with a girl two days before this happened. If he was a family member of mine I would be seeing to it she answered some questions.

I notice that girl hasn't posted anything new since the day they argued on FB.....she did however add his name to her about me section in a list of RIP's.

Can you be paid enough money to find the three guns that went missing from the Douglas county DA's car? Chief Investigator, Josh Skinner, got demoted for trying to find them.

Also, could you be paid to watch any news that claims it's intent is to hold the powerful accountable?

I notice that girl hasn't posted anything new since the day they argued on FB.....she did however add his name to her about me section in a list of RIP's.

She has never been a serious suspect as far as I know, they had a disagreement a while back that left Cody with hard feelings toward her, not so much the other way around, at least that's what I was told.

Someone knows who did this to Cody and I know their conscious is weighing on them. You will not feel free until you tell what you know...I pray for you and that you do the right thing.

I have no clue what the details of this case might be, so my comment is about murder in general.

I would hope and think that if LE was stumped and needed some tips, they would call a press conference.

But they aren't stumped - they are following active leads in the case. Perhaps that is why they haven't gotten the media involved.

She has never been a serious suspect as far as I know, they had a disagreement a while back that left Cody with hard feelings toward her, not so much the other way around, at least that's what I was told.

Someone knows who did this to Cody and I know their conscious is weighing on them. You will not feel free until you tell what you know...I pray for you and that you do the right thing.

I hope they do. I don't know how I could continue living having that kind of information on my mind and not sharing it with the authorities to bring peace to that persons family. it's really really sad.

• Like 1

I hope they do. I don't know how I could continue living having that kind of information on my mind and not sharing it with the authorities to bring peace to that persons family. it's really really sad.

kinda funny how these topics just fade away.... ....

Me neither, do they even have news stories anymore? I've seen it in passing recently and all they seem to talk about are feel good stories about community service and puppies. It's odd that they still call it a news program.

That sounds about like the Dallas New Era weekly paper!! No "real" news, at all. It's only stuff like who got married, who won the ball games, who is doing what in the rotary club and what the boys scouts did and so on.

Can you be paid enough money to find the three guns that went missing from the Douglas county DA's car? Chief Investigator, Josh Skinner, got demoted for trying to find them.

Also, could you be paid to watch any news that claims it's intent is to hold the powerful accountable?

Your first question has NOTHING to do with this subject.

NO is the answer to your second question

• Like 1

Ahhhh...more Paulding County "justice". Or, more accurately, lack of justice.

We have a woman who shot her husband in the back of the head, then burned down their house with his corpse inside, who is out of jail on bond.

So. even if they do catch the young man's murderer, I don't look for much to happen to the culprit.