Paulding.com

Which candidates want Paulding to turn out like Clayton County?

You really are a SAD, SAD individual aren't you...is there anything you actually LIKE!!!

I'm only as sad of an individual as you perceive me to be, C P R!

I like things that reasonable people like. Not what prejudice people find amusing to their way of thinking.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighbor

I have just gotten back from kisses and hugs and I love you's with my family in New York. My nephew, lives in Howard Beach, NY. They are at the doorstep of JFK.......the surrounding area is thriving

This is my job jackbag. I'm at just about every airport in the southeast.   You must not get out much....ever been to FIB? Airports are never put in prime locations, if so, they would have put one

<br />Reminds me of the spokesman from the Chamber this morning blabbing about what the airport was going to bring to the County.. He forgot to mention that himself and 75% of the Board of Directors do not live in the County yet they think the airport is the greatest thing since sliced bread for Paulding county.<br /><br />If it is so great then why are they not trying to get passenger service into their airport in Cobb, Douglas and Polk County??<br /><br />I hope the businesses that are supporting the Local Chamber understand that the actions of the leadership of the Chamber is doing nothing to enhance the idea to buy from the local merchants.<br /> If you got that decal on your door a lot of folks may think that you are supporting the 737's that can come zooming through Hiram and Yorkville.<br /><br />Time for the businesses to stand up and be counted, Tell your commissioners where you stand.<br /><br /><br />Just take the tour, A picture is worth a thousand words.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And you should be glad that these outsiders took enough of an interest in Paulding to put their business in Paulding, work for a company that does business in the county, and work to build a great business community in the county.

What if other counties had the same attitudes about the ~75 percent of Paulding residents venturing out of the county for work. Do you want these employers in Douglas, Cobb, Fulton, etc. to say "You're not from our city/county, so we're not hiring you."

It's obvious you disagree with the actions of the Chamber, but maybe they believe that commercial air service will better Paulding County and benefit the businesses in the county.

And you seem to know so much about the makeup of the Chamber's leadership, yet in all your posts, you haven't bothered to get actual Chamber members' take on the airport. Maybe more of them approve of the airport than you realize.

You can pick out anything to "prove" your point, your way...

Watch: Ever been to St. Simons Island??? The golf course at the foot of the runway is one of the finest in the state. Adjoining Sea Island is some of the most expensive land in the state. I certianly would mind staying in those hotels, eating at those resturants, walking around those streets...

that airport was built for the Navy...and was given back to Civilian use after WW2. You would have to have a charter fly in there... one of the only companies flying out of there is Golden Isles.

Other than having your own plane... you will have to fly into Brunswick (delta) or Jacksonville. No other air service like Allegiant Air is there that offers such.

Edited by GeorgiaTornado

This is not the first time I've see you post such a thing concerning local businesses.  Is that a threat, Whitey?

Picture can only show what is.  It does nothing to reveal how it became what it is.

If the Chamber is going to put its name out in the spotlights as endorsing the airport commercialization,, then those in power at the Chamber need to be aware they could be causing some of their members to lose business as a result of that endorsement.

Boycotts have been a significant method of drawing attention to issues for quite some time. It is one of the few tools the international community has to send a message to certain countries their actions will not be tolerated and cut off selling to them.

The airport issue, IMHO, is not about commerce. It is about power abuse, lying, illegal meetings, non-necessary executive sessions, misappropriation of funds, and general ineptitude by the elected and appointed officials in charge.

It should NOT be a Chamber of Commerce issue. And if they choose to make it one, then their members should be prepared to pay the consequences of the Chamber's leadership's decisions.

There is nothing illegal about citizens wishing to boycott a business who openly supports something that the citizen does not.

• Like 3

<br /><br /><br />

And you should be glad that these outsiders took enough of an interest in Paulding to put their business in Paulding, work for a company that does business in the county, and work to build a great business community in the county.

What if other counties had the same attitudes about the ~75 percent of Paulding residents venturing out of the county for work. Do you want these employers in Douglas, Cobb, Fulton, etc. to say "You're not from our city/county, so we're not hiring you."

It's obvious you disagree with the actions of the Chamber, but maybe they believe that commercial air service will better Paulding County and benefit the businesses in the county.

And you seem to know so much about the makeup of the Chamber's leadership, yet in all your posts, you haven't bothered to get actual Chamber members' take on the airport. Maybe more of them approve of the airport than you realize.

Hey, come on. If they live elsewhere and chose to set up a business here it was for some economic reason, other other demographics that led them to believe there was a niche for what they do.

Hiring only locals would be blatant discrimination. As bad as we need local jobs, you can't deny someone the opportunity because they currently live elsewhere.

If the Chamber had actually polled its members, and gotten a true feel for what the average member wanted, then OK. Support it.

But if they did so I am completely unaware of it. I think the Chamber Leadership chose to support it because they were told to do so by the BOC.

And I am afraid some members are going to find it puts a damper on their business. But that is their decision.

<br /><br /><br />

I would really like to see all businesses that support the commercial Passenger service to make a list of those business and post it on the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce web site, Along with what county they live in.

I have a major problem listening to a speaker in today's commissioner's meeting knowing when he leaves there he is going back to his county where they do not have commercial passenger service. You do know that over 75% of the Board of Directors of the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce do not even live in Paulding County?

Are you okay with that?

As bad as we need local jobs, you can't deny someone the opportunity because they currently live elsewhere.

That's my point. Your colleague Whitey keeps bringing up the 75 percent of the Chamber leadership not living in Paulding County. Would you want to see the Chamber ban someone from membership or holding a leadership position because they didn't live in Paulding?

WellStar isn't based in Paulding, but if the head of WellStar sought to serve as a Chamber leader, would you deny him/her the opportunity? Would you refuse their offer to step up and serve the local business community? Would you deny them the opportunity to use their business acumen in the hopes of improving the state of business in the county?

I realize Whitey doesn't speak for all airport opponents, but he's been one of the most vocal, and his attacks on all of those who serve the Paulding business community - whether they're Paulding residents or not - do not do your side any favors.

If they own a business, or work with one located in Paulding, then yes, I am OK with them being a member of and active in the Chamber of Commerce.

But I do NOT agree with the Chamber endorsing what is a political hot potato created in secrecy and sneakyness, not to mention deceit and LYING.

I sincerely hope King David and the Bobble Heads get slapped around come May 20th.

• Like 3
<br />I would really like to see all businesses that support the commercial Passenger service to make a list of those business and post it on the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce web site, Along with what county they live in.<br />I have a major problem listening to a speaker in today's commissioner's meeting knowing when he leaves there he is going back to his county where they do not have commercial passenger service. You do know that over 75% of the Board of Directors of the Paulding County Chamber of Commerce do not even live in Paulding County?<br /><br />Are you okay with that?<br />

Again, it does not matter where a Chamber member or Chamber leader lives. They've chosen to set up shop in Paulding, do some of their business in Paulding, and/or assume a leadership effort to improve Paulding's business community. They're contributing to the county in their own way - through their business and through their contributions of time and money.

If their business operates in Paulding County, they're paying some kind of taxes: sales taxes, business licenses, etc. And last time I checked, their money is just as green as someone living in Paulding.

But if all that doesn't matter, then maybe they should all leave. Would you want to see that, Whitey? Do you want the restaurant owner/operator to close his doors because he lives in Douglas County? Do you want WellStar to tear down their new Paulding Hospital because they're based in Cobb?

Again, it does not matter where a Chamber member or Chamber leader lives. They've chosen to set up shop in Paulding, do some of their business in Paulding, and/or assume a leadership effort to improve Paulding's business community. They're contributing to the county in their own way - through their business and through their contributions of time and money.

If their business operates in Paulding County, they're paying some kind of taxes: sales taxes, business licenses, etc. And last time I checked, their money is just as green as someone living in Paulding.

But if all that doesn't matter, then maybe they should all leave. Would you want to see that, Whitey? Do you want the restaurant owner/operator to close his doors because he lives in Douglas County? Do you want WellStar to tear down their new Paulding Hospital because they're based in Cobb?

You have your opinion on this matter and I have my opinion, I have always tried to shop and buy from local merchants, And will continue to do so, However if I see where he is supporting something as controversial as the airport I do reserve the right to spend my dollars else where.

I will never agree that outsiders should come in and go to a commissioners meeting and tell us how great a airport would be for Paulding County.

Most of the folks on the executive board and Board of Directors are not local merchants but rather are from huge Corporations which really makes matters worse as far as I am concerned.

You have your opinion on this matter and I have my opinion, I have always tried to shop and buy from local merchants, And will continue to do so, However if I see where he is supporting something as controversial as the airport I do reserve the right to spend my dollars else where.

I will never agree that outsiders should come in and go to a commissioners meeting and tell us how great a airport would be for Paulding County.

Most of the folks on the executive board and Board of Directors are not local merchants but rather are from huge Corporations which really makes matters worse as far as I am concerned.

Well, when are we going to hear about the meetings today?

Well, when are we going to hear about the meetings today?

Meetings went well resolution 14-05 was tabled indefinetly until, Probably will not surface again until after the elections are over with. This was the resolution that was drawn up by the firm and was submitted to Howard Maxwell for introduction before the PCAA, IBA, and the BOC ever passed a resolution asking for changes to the IBA..... Mystery still surrounds who imitated the change, However a FOIA may divulge the person/persons responsible

Approved $232,578.15 on the West Memorial Sheriff Training facility

Passed resolution 14-08 supporting the air national guard training at our airport.... All commissioners were in agreement with the resolution, However Blake Swafford was directed to write a memorandum to the resolution which will provide some clarity to the areas that can be used for the training exercises seems that 10,000 acres of the uninhibited area( City of Atlanta property will be set aside for the training

Morning session had Had Dan Barbour And Delmar Cook speaking on behalf of the airport And Delmar did a very good job, Martina Hemming spoke for the Stop the airport expansion group and really out did the pro speakers.

Chris Byrom and Kerstin Liberty both spoke for the stop the airport expansion group and really put the facts to the commissioners that left them speechless. Video should be available later.. Will post them as soon as possible, They are certainly worth watching all of the speakers.

Meetings went well resolution 14-05 was tabled indefinetly until, Probably will not surface again until after the elections are over with. This was the resolution that was drawn up by the firm and was submitted to Howard Maxwell for introduction before the PCAA, IBA, and the BOC ever passed a resolution asking for changes to the IBA..... Mystery still surrounds who imitated the change, However a FOIA may divulge the person/persons responsible

Approved $232,578.15 on the West Memorial Sheriff Training facility

Passed resolution 14-08 supporting the air national guard training at our airport.... All commissioners were in agreement with the resolution, However Blake Swafford was directed to write a memorandum to the resolution which will provide some clarity to the areas that can be used for the training exercises seems that 10,000 acres of the uninhibited area( City of Atlanta property will be set aside for the training

Morning session had Had Dan Barbour And Delmar Cook speaking on behalf of the airport And Delmar did a very good job, Martina Hemming spoke for the Stop the airport expansion group and really out did the pro speakers.

Chris Byrom and Kerstin Liberty both spoke for the stop the airport expansion group and really put the facts to the commissioners that left them speechless. Video should be available later.. Will post them as soon as possible, They are certainly worth watching all of the speakers.

Thanks

If you've been around Forest Park, Riverdale, Jonesboro, etc, you see what the term Ghetto means.... burglar bars on most homes and businesses...wonder why? The airport brought along with it MARTA transportation right into once nice neighborhoods, and those neighborhoods soon had a lot of vacant homes....wonder why? CRIME...DRUGS...PROSTITUTION...CORRUPTION....

Folks, particularly educated white folks got the heck out of there...wonder why? Clayton County is 90% black... folks don't want to say it, but areas with higher number of black folks, have a higher crime rate...wonder why? Do you seriously want to be living in the slums?

Look near Charlie Brown airport.... run down fleabag motels, adult strip clubs, prostitutes, boarded up buildings, and the list goes on and on. Don't think it won't happen here too. Folks say there's no correlation, but drive down to Old Dixie Hwy, Riverdale Road or Fulton Industrial.... It may take a few years, but the airport will draw that element and there's no stopping it... Every night Riverdale is in the news..and not in a positive way either...a mugging, shooting, robbery, drug deal gone bad blah blah blah...

<br />If you've been around Forest Park, Riverdale, Jonesboro, etc, you see what the term Ghetto means.... burglar bars on most homes and businesses...wonder why?  The airport brought along with it MARTA transportation right into once nice neighborhoods, and those neighborhoods soon had a lot of vacant homes....wonder why? CRIME...DRUGS...PROSTITUTION...CORRUPTION....<br />Folks, particularly educated white folks got the heck out of there...wonder why? Clayton County is 90% black... folks don't want to say it, but areas with higher number of black folks, have a higher crime rate...wonder why? Do you seriously want to be living in the slums?<br />Look near Charlie Brown airport.... run down fleabag motels, adult strip clubs, prostitutes, boarded up buildings, and the list goes on and on. Don't think it won't happen here too. Folks say there's no correlation, but drive down to Old Dixie Hwy, Riverdale Road or Fulton Industrial.... It may take a few years, but the airport will draw that element and there's no stopping it... Every night Riverdale is in the news..and not in a positive way either...a mugging, shooting, robbery, drug deal gone bad blah blah blah...<br />

So are you saying it's the airport's fault, or black people? Can't really see through your racism here.

• Like 1

So are you saying it's the airport's fault, or black people? Can't really see through your racism here.

You need it spelled out...FINE..I am not running for ANY office and am certainly not worried about being POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!

YES!...the crime around the Hartsfield area and the FULTON INDUSTRIAL / Charlie Brown Airport area is MOST DEFINITELY a BLACK problem...they are BOTH areas where low income housing prevails, liquor and check cashing stores prevail, filled with rundown drug and prostitute filled hotels, strip bars and closed up store fronts. It is CRIME, CRIME, & more CRIME and it is like it or not a virtually 100% BLACK problem!!! This is a LIFESTYLE that has become accepted in the BLACK community and until the BLACK community polices itself and fixes this there is NOTHING racist about it...It is simply a FACT!!!

I'll take it one step further...This is EXACTLY why the BRAVES are leaving Atlanta...the area around "THE TED" has the same exact problems and you cannot throw enough $$$$ at it to fix it...

Edited by Concerned Pldg Resident
  • Like 1

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighborhoods and bought them out for the land.

While Flight from the area left empty houses and the problem escalated, with rentals, section 8 housing and low rent apts. The county ALLOWED this to happen...they issued the permits for the Pawn Shops, the Used Car Lots, the check cashers, the liquor stores, and the "jiggly rooms"...THESE are what brought the crime and the problem...NOT THE AIRPORT...

AS far as campaign contributions don't worry DELTA will make SURE the ANTI-AIRPORT folks get funded...

Patti was ALREADY on Channel 46 yesterday promoting HER WEBSITE...and UNBELIEVABLY claiming a POST STRESS related problem from helicopters...this is a DIRECT INSULT to our troops who ACTUALLY SUFFERED from this! She should be ASHAMED!!!

You want to move...here's the number for 2 Men and a truck...770.505.3332!!!

are you people serious, Paulding county is in the news every other day, shootings ,Meth busts ,etc....we are already in the crapper, can only get better, wake up crybabies

• Like 1

Yep....... Do what it was planned to be a general Aviation air port no passenger flights bring in all the MRO, Build the hangers, develop the 60 acres around the airport as originally planned, Just forget the 737's zooming in over Hiram and Yorkville, Heck they are even coming in over your house WTH.

No Scheduled Passenger service, We do not want to be the second airport for the City of Atlanta and you shouldn't either if you expect to get elected here in Paulding County

Bye now see you at the commissioners meeting get to wear my blue shirt today, PS stay close to me may be some excitement to film.

The thing you want to tear down and burn down is all confidence in the commission and the communities leadership.

The plain fact is that they were charged with making this a success. You contend that came with a rule, etched in stone, that they couldn't bring an airplane into the airport that had seats for sale to passengers. I guess, the planes you would allow would bring in toxic waste, widgets from China, dope from Columbia or anything else except human beings who happened to pay for the privilege.

That distinction just doesn't make any sense to me and then to jump the commission on the basis of that, calling them everything from crooks to commies, tyrants and liars and then heap upon them disrespect and disdain for doing their jobs ... and the folks they hired doing their jobs ... just seems extreme to me.

Then, of course, you resurrect the notion that the 6000-foot single runway needed to do the task will inevitably expand to 11 runways including multiple 12,000-foot landing pads with a penchant and desire to make all the mistakes and bone headed decisions that the pols in your native Clayton made in the 1970s - all the while spurning any suggestion of compromise - is to erect the equivalent of a 2 mile-high straw man.

That is just plainly ludicrous.

Let me say simply that it can be done; it can be done appropriately. It will as that older, wiser man at today's meeting, Delmar Cook pointed out, appropriately. It is the future.

Things are not as bad as you say; they can be a lot better.

One of the first steps in doing so is to recognize that perfection eludes us all. The second step is to look at what is possible to accomplish in procedures that work to keep the public informed as to the acts of the commission and accomplish those quite palpable reforms.

The key reform is based on this simple premise. The government and government agencies should be deliberate enough that when they propose something, it lays on the table for two weeks before anyone expect to act on it.

That makes actions public, presumably provides enough detail to allow folks to openly discuss them and then act.

Certainly there are some acts that are not amenable to such a delay such as the acquisition of property but many of the actions of the public are. We need to determine which actions are which and recognize that government should just never be in too big a hurry to make changes in ordinances, for instance. I call that the essence of being conservative.

George Patton Hughes (aka: pubby)

• Like 1

The thing you want to tear down and burn down is all confidence in the commission and the communities leadership.

The plain fact is that they were charged with making this a success. You contend that came with a rule, etched in stone, that they couldn't bring an airplane into the airport that had seats for sale to passengers. I guess, the planes you would allow would bring in toxic waste, widgets from China, dope from Columbia or anything else except human beings who happened to pay for the privilege.

That distinction just doesn't make any sense to me and then to jump the commission on the basis of that, calling them everything from crooks to commies, tyrants and liars and then heap upon them disrespect and disdain for doing their jobs ... and the folks they hired doing their jobs ... just seems extreme to me.

Then, of course, you resurrect the notion that the 6000-foot single runway needed to do the task will inevitably expand to 11 runways including multiple 12,000-foot landing pads with a penchant and desire to make all the mistakes and bone headed decisions that the pols in your native Clayton made in the 1970s - all the while spurning any suggestion of compromise - is to erect the equivalent of a 2 mile-high straw man.

That is just plainly ludicrous.

Let me say simply that it can be done; it can be done appropriately. It will as that older, wiser man at today's meeting, Delmar Cook pointed out, appropriately. It is the future.

Things are not as bad as you say; they can be a lot better.

One of the first steps in doing so is to recognize that perfection eludes us all. The second step is to look at what is possible to accomplish in procedures that work to keep the public informed as to the acts of the commission and accomplish those quite palpable reforms.

The key reform is based on this simple premise. The government and government agencies should be deliberate enough that when they propose something, it lays on the table for two weeks before anyone expect to act on it.

That makes actions public, presumably provides enough detail to allow folks to openly discuss them and then act.

Certainly there are some acts that are not amenable to such a delay such as the acquisition of property but many of the actions of the public are. We need to determine which actions are which and recognize that government should just never be in too big a hurry to make changes in ordinances, for instance. I call that the essence of being conservative.

George Patton Hughes (aka: pubby)

I have nothing etched in stone as you suggest... Plain and simple fact for the past five years the Austin boys along with the help of David Barnett, Tommie Graham and David Carmichael and from time to time G Patton PAT Hughes have failed miserably at trying to run a General Aviation Airport..... PUBBY read my lips they have failed miserably trying to run a general aviation airport.

The airport was originally going to cost $24 million we now have $67 million invested we have created one part time job with all of this, The Austin boys have spent $33 million dollars and it is still a failure.

Boykin Austin made the motion in a 29 second meeting after a break for executive session to commercialize the airport using code names, And then the Austin brothers kept it a secret from the citizens for 11 more months YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY SUPPORTED ALL OF THOSE ACTIONS.... Proof is in all of your previous post. The Austin Boys agreed to loan $1,000,000 to another committee that both sit on, And got caught with there hand in the cookie jar again, They then tried to change the law to fit the crime, And again got caught with there hand in the cookie jar.

A good journalist would of been all over these stories but noooooooooooo. you prefer to get in the bed with them until you decide to run for office and now it appears that you are moderating some........... Well I guess you can go back and delete all of your post and deny everything that you have posted against the anti airport people but you would never do that...... WOULD YOU?

This group that I joined are only asking for what was promised them, Must be asking to much as far as you are concerned, But when every person that was in a leadership position from the Chamber of commerce to the chairman of the county commission made a promise and a vow that there would never be a commercial passenger service hen please tell me where is the compromise at????

Keep in mind this one valid point we are about $43,000,000 OVER BUDGET for the operation of a general aviation airport that was promised in 2004 BY ALL OF OUR LEADERS the Austin boys have had their finger in this pie together for at least five years, The same core of folks are still running the show from the Chamber, IBA and the Airport Authority all during this five year period and this airport has failed miserably.... By your own admission we need two flights per week to make it successful. in order to do that we need to invest another $38,000,000 would you vote for that if you got elected commissioner????? This airport has been a failure under the guidance of mostly the same folks since the construction began in 2004, 10 years later it is still a failure

• Like 1

I saw David Austin today for the 1st time.

He was having lunch.

That's all, it is not one of the best posts ever made, but then neither he nor I did anything but eat and pay our bills.

(no we were not together)

<br />I saw David Austin today for the 1st time.<br />He was having lunch.<br /><br />That's all, it is not one of the best posts ever made, but then neither he nor I did anything but eat and pay our bills.<br />(no we were not together)<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I saw him at Martin's too... We didn't eat together either... A possible trend?!?!?

<br /><br /><br />

I saw him at Martin's too... We didn't eat together either... A possible trend?!?!?

It is a trend that has been going on for at least my lifetime, I have never ate with him.

I blame him for that, after all I can't ask him, I don't know him.

:)

are you people serious, Paulding county is in the news every other day, shootings ,Meth busts ,etc....we are already in the crapper, can only get better, wake up crybabies

Another stupid comment...Take the family, the wife, the kids and go walk ANYWHERE in Paulding County safely...Our parks, the Silver Comet Trail,downtown Dallas, downtown Hiram, go out to eat or go shopping...Attend a High School football game or other event.

NOW, try this same thing on Fulton Industrial Blvd., or a just outside "The Ted" before or after a Braves game, or take a stroll thru Vine City after a Falcons game...GOOD LUCK!

Of course Paulding has issues BUT we also have a VERY good Sheriff's Dept. and they need to grow along with the County. The STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP has caused a MAJOR problem here by holding up the new 911 center to be located at the Airport and this can very well endanger folks due to a slower response time.

Here is the morning meeting

And another "Blue Shirt" makes her threats!!!!!

CPR, so just since Commercial Service has been shoved down our throats we are now in danger because of slower response times? What about the years before this? Were we not in danger then?

Do you think not doing the proper studies and having funding in place BEFORE building the house is important?

• Like 2
<br />Please show the research and statistics that indicate the crime is caused by the local commercial airports or their influence on the surrounding areas going to "SHIIT" as you say.<br /><br />If you're going to fight this battle, at least have the valid information to back up such statements.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

THANK YOU!!!!

<br />Please show me where does it say that crime rate there is caused by the airports.<br /><br />Your claim: small commercial airports are the cause of crime in the counties they operate and the surrounding ones."<br /><br />Your evidence: google links showing the crime down to the streets close to the airports.  I do not see the before or after airports were built numbers of crimes, the factors that lead to those crimes, nor how they are correlated with the airports other than being in the same vicinity.<br /><br />I'm sorry but I can use the same arguing about any area of any town that have gone down hill, just pick a business and say it's because they put it there that the crime rate went up.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Crime isn't caused by airports and the people trying to play that card are grasping at anything to scare the locals into joining their fray. 'The airport has caused PTSD'. REEAAALLLY!? 'It will bring crime, murder, strip bars, etc'. REEAAALLLY?! 'Paulding will be the new Clayton county'. RRREEEAAALLLY?!

Desperate excuses from desperate people trying to further their cause. They aren't posting facts because there are none to be found, they just believe that if they spew made up tripe long enough that others will start to believe it. Luckily, a lot of people are smarter than that.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

Crime isn't caused by airports and the people trying to play that card are grasping at anything to scare the locals into joining their fray. 'The airport has caused PTSD'. REEAAALLLY!? 'It will bring crime, murder, strip bars, etc'. REEAAALLLY?! 'Paulding will be the new Clayton county'. RRREEEAAALLLY?!

Desperate excuses from desperate people trying to further their cause. They aren't posting facts because there are none to be found, they just believe that if they spew made up tripe long enough that others will start to believe it. Luckily, a lot of people are smarter than that.

Well all you have to do is get on 278 and drive about 30 miles and see for yourself. Hartsfield Jackson is a prime example visit these towns College Park Hapeville Forest park, Riverdale, While you are there check out all the High Paying jobs that you are being told will be brought to the airport area. Oh and by all means do get off the interstates and check out all little businesses that seem to pop up around every major COMMERCIAL AIRPORT.

RELLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY no need to believe what you read here.............. Take the TOUR quite amazing what you will discover

Well all you have to do is get on 278 and drive about 30 miles and see for yourself. Hartsfield Jackson is a prime example visit  these towns College Park Hapeville Forest park, Riverdale, While you are there check out all the High Paying jobs that you are being told will be brought to the airport area. Oh and by all means do get off the interstates and check out all little businesses that seem to pop up around every major COMMERCIAL AIRPORT.

RELLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY no need to believe what you read here.............. Take the TOUR quite amazing what you will discover

Actually what businesses end up around our airport will be in the hands of our planning and zoning here.

If you take the airport out of the picture totally this is a critical issue that needs to be addressed and stayed on top of. We have the maps and documents from the community planning committee. That needs to be strictly adhered to.

We can also ask for certain conditions like how many pawn shops can be within a 2-3 mile area. Those things need to be addressed sooner than later as we are entering into a growth phase as we come out of the recession.

We have areas that are zoned industrial and we need to make sure that none of those are changed to commercial and retail.

Well all you have to do is get on 278 and drive about 30 miles and see for yourself. Hartsfield Jackson is a prime example visit these towns College Park Hapeville Forest park, Riverdale, While you are there check out all the High Paying jobs that you are being told will be brought to the airport area. Oh and by all means do get off the interstates and check out all little businesses that seem to pop up around every major COMMERCIAL AIRPORT.

KV give this crap up! No one is believing your lies anymore! All your "tour" shows is the BLACK crime associated with the CITY OF ATLANTA!

Another stupid comment...Take the family, the wife, the kids and go walk ANYWHERE in Paulding County safely...Our parks, the Silver Comet Trail,downtown Dallas, downtown Hiram, go out to eat or go shopping...Attend a High School football game or other event.

NOW, try this same thing on Fulton Industrial Blvd., or a just outside "The Ted" before or after a Braves game, or take a stroll thru Vine City after a Falcons game...GOOD LUCK!

Of course Paulding has issues BUT we also have a VERY good Sheriff's Dept. and they need to grow along with the County. The STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP has caused a MAJOR problem here by holding up the new 911 center to be located at the Airport and this can very well endanger folks due to a slower response time.

We do agree on something we do have a very good Sheriff's Department, It would appear to me that a proper place to place the 911 center would be at a more central location for instance at the Government complex on 278 lots of space there at one end of the park, They could start work on it there tomorrow. Most cities have the centers centrally located. Or even better start building it tomorrow at the entrance of the airport where it was first proposed and voted on by the citizens of that area... Why do you have a problem doing what was promised to the citizens?

KV give this crap up! No one is believing your lies anymore! All your "tour" shows is the BLACK crime associated with the CITY OF ATLANTA!

Laurie it shows all the crime associated with the airport.

<br /><br /><br />

Actually what businesses end up around our airport will be in the hands of our planning and zoning here.

If you take the airport out of the picture totally this is a critical issue that needs to be addressed and stayed on top of. We have the maps and documents from the community planning committee. That needs to be strictly adhered to.

We can also ask for certain conditions like how many pawn shops can be within a 2-3 mile area. Those things need to be addressed sooner than later as we are entering into a growth phase as we come out of the recession.

We have areas that are zoned industrial and we need to make sure that none of those are changed to commercial and retail.

Really.... Now the pro airport group is going to tell property owners within a two to three mile area around the airport what they can do with the property. WOW. Your group is really out there now.

• Like 1

Really.... Now the pro airport group is going to tell property owners within a two to three mile area around the airport what they can do with the property. WOW. Your group is really out there now.

Planning and zoning absolutely has that right. As in I don't want a gas station next to my home in my subdivision.

It is there to protect us. Even those that have bought or built homes out there knew the surrounding land was designated

for aerospace. If you don't like it don't buy a home within miles of it.

And before you jump me I have made it clear that I believe some of those people out there should get relocation due to commercializing. As I said the first few million should go to those homeowners.

LPPT is right, Whitey, and you know it. It is not about the businesses that are already there but the ones that can and should be attracted to the area. It is not airports that cause the crime but the local government that allows seedy businesses to be built around them or any other parts of the town/county. If they allow liquor store, pawn shops, and sleazy motels by giving them the permit to build those in the area then you can definitely expect the area to go down. But once again, that has nothing to do with the airports causing crime. Blame the officials in all those counties your group loves to bring up as an example for allowing section 8 and less than favourable businesses around them.

Of course, that doesn't suit your agenda to look at the real reasons. It would defeat the purpose of you trying to convince everyone that airports are solely responsible for the horrors committed on the streets. You belligerently express your desire and right to hear the truth from your commissioners, however you go out and hide the truth yourself when you talk to the citizens on your mission to stop the airport expansion. If you're going to be knocking door to door attempting to enlighten the general public, at least don't be a hypocrite. I'm appalled at how far your group is willing to take things. You want "transparency" and truth yet omit or bend the truth yourself.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1

There wouldn't be a problem if they had used the land they already owned at the entrance to the airport, but they had ,to buy

more land and have their friends grade it out. Tough. I think we need to hold it up until they put the firestation where it

should be in the first place. Get your nose out of the a of the Austins and you might be able to see how stupid

the whole thing is. If they did things right in the first place instead of screwing the Paulding taxpayers they

might have a chance to finish a project.

<br /><br /><br />

I just loooved the PTSD thing. I didn't know whether to laugh or be insulted on the behalf of those who really suffer from it when I read that. But my other favourite thing was that county government did that on purpose, allow helicopters to train there, to get even with the poor citizens living nearby. Like you said, desperate excuses.