Paulding.com

Which candidates want Paulding to turn out like Clayton County?

Yes... I work for the FAA... I'm a field inspector for them... I certify airports all over the southeast. I work hand in hand daily with Airport Managers and owners. (yes there are still private airports)

Notice taken. And that qualifies you to conduct research on crimes surrounding the airports and their correlation how?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighbor

I have just gotten back from kisses and hugs and I love you's with my family in New York. My nephew, lives in Howard Beach, NY. They are at the doorstep of JFK.......the surrounding area is thriving

This is my job jackbag. I'm at just about every airport in the southeast.   You must not get out much....ever been to FIB? Airports are never put in prime locations, if so, they would have put one

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighborhoods and bought them out for the land.

While Flight from the area left empty houses and the problem escalated, with rentals, section 8 housing and low rent apts. The county ALLOWED this to happen...they issued the permits for the Pawn Shops, the Used Car Lots, the check cashers, the liquor stores, and the "jiggly rooms"...THESE are what brought the crime and the problem...NOT THE AIRPORT...

AS far as campaign contributions don't worry DELTA will make SURE the ANTI-AIRPORT folks get funded...

Patti was ALREADY on Channel 46 yesterday promoting HER WEBSITE...and UNBELIEVABLY claiming a POST STRESS related problem from helicopters...this is a DIRECT INSULT to our troops who ACTUALLY SUFFERED from this! She should be ASHAMED!!!

You want to move...here's the number for 2 Men and a truck...770.505.3332!!!

Can you please tell me, do you live in Paulding? Have you always lived in Paulding? Thanks

<br />Notice taken.  And that qualifies you to conduct research on crimes surrounding the airports and their correlation how?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Because he is a citizen and he like many others have seen the crime and corruption going on for years, here in Paulding.

Open your eyes and take a look.

<br /><br /><br />

This is all true Taz13, but this site gets the word our to people so actions can be taken. It may sound like bitchin to you, but that bitchin is paying off and people are starting to pay attention. You say you get tired of it and tune it out, the many citizens that tune it out are the ones that will complain the loudest when the tax bill arrives.

Listen, learn and help improve the county in which you live. We the citizen's are responsible and are the only ones that can replace the corrupt politicians and their legal arm.

If it's bitchin, so be it.....Speak up or pay the bill.

Find something, tell me, how far does the "bitchin" take anyone in any relationship? Hasn't anyone heard of the saying "you catch more flies with honey"? If this group wants others to listen and pay attention then they need to rethink their tactics.

• Like 1
<br />Find something, tell me, how far does the "bitchin" take anyone in any relationship?  Hasn't anyone heard of the saying "you catch more flies with honey"?  If this group wants others to listen and pay attention then they need to rethink their tactics.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

And what tactic's would you suggest?

<br /><br /><br />

Because he is a citizen and he like many others have seen the crime and corruption going on for years, here in Paulding.

Open your eyes and take a look.

Being a citizen and seeing crime in Paulding for years has nothing to do with the airport or the crime that's being claimed is caused by the said businesses. It has nothing to do with me opening my eyes either and everything with showing the proof of empirical evidence. I'm sorry but you can't convince me until I see the research that confirms this particular claim.

As I've stated before, if you want to change people's opinions, they need hard facts that have been proven not their unfounded personal opinion. Perhaps Persuasion 101 needs to be revisited by some.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

And what tactic's would you suggest?

Back up your claims, be willing to seek compromise, propose a different solution that is reasonable with facts showing why your proposition is valid, be cordial.

Notice taken. And that qualifies you to conduct research on crimes surrounding the airports and their correlation how?

I didn't do the research... YOU asked me to show you some...and I DID. Now...guess since I did that and I WORK in the field.. You blow me off..

No matter what I showed you...YOU tried to spin it as to ME not knowing what I'm talking about and that the airport doesn't contribute to the crime. It brings lower property values and abandoned houses and business. In return it brings crime. Have you never heard of Broken Window Theory?

Here's another little tid bit for ya... I'm also a female working in this field...with a BS in Civil Engineering. SO, would you like for me to keep going on and on about how I know for a fact about CRIME around most airports. But...I guess you live in la la land

I didn't do the research... YOU asked me to show you some...and I DID. Now...guess since I did that and I WORK in the field.. You blow me off..

No matter what I showed you...YOU tried to spin it as to ME not knowing what I'm talking about and that the airport doesn't contribute to the crime. It brings lower property values and abandoned houses and business. In return it brings crime. Have you never heard of Broken Window Theory?

Here's another little tid bit for ya... I'm also a female working in this field...with a BS in Civil Engineering. SO, would you like for me to keep going on and on about how I know for a fact about CRIME around most airports. But...I guess you live in la la land

What you showed me is not proof, I'm sorry. There is no saying in black and white that the airports have brought in the crime, no numbers to confirm that, no other factors shown that could have contributed to that. Just the statement of the crimes in the area. Period. No proof.

What you with you being a female with a BS in Civil Engineering giving us your opinion based on personal experience of being around the airports, driving through crime areas makes me raise this question: how does it qualify you to state that what you're saying is empirical evidence? I really don't follow you there. Are you an expert on crimes around airports? Expert on crimes period? Is this what your job is and why you making this claim? If it is, then please, by all means, accept my apology for not taking your word on the issue in this debate.

• Like 1
<br />Being a citizen and seeing crime in Paulding for years has nothing to do with the airport or the crime that's being claimed is caused by the said businesses.  It has nothing to do with me opening my eyes either and everything with showing the proof of empirical evidence.  I'm sorry but you can't convince me until I see the research that confirms this particular claim.<br /><br />As I've stated before, if you want to change people's opinions, they need hard facts that have been proven not their unfounded personal opinion.  Perhaps Persuasion 101 needs to be revisited by some.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Lets start with Tom Cable and the FIRM. Who instructed him to go to Howard Maxwell? Why are the bonds not bid out? Why did the FIRM and Mike Jones tell the Commissioner's the bonds for the roads were flimsy and could not be collected on? (no such thing as a flimsy bond) Where is the money from these already paid bonds that the citizen's are now having to cover?

No need for persuasion here, if you can't see it then you are blind.

• Like 2

<br /><br /><br />

Lets start with Tom Cable and the FIRM. Who instructed him to go to Howard Maxwell? Why are the bonds not bid out? Why did the FIRM and Mike Jones tell the Commissioner's the bonds for the roads were flimsy and could not be collected on? (no such thing as a flimsy bond) Where is the money from these already paid bonds that the citizen's are now having to cover?

No need for persuasion here, if you can't see it then you are blind.

<Looking up at the sky> Is that a plane I see?

Sorry, couldn't resist it. You have missed the entire point I was trying to make. It simply went over your head.

Go have lunch across the street from Brown Field... I dare ya! You won't need any research

Or get gas right there on the corner... watch how many prostitues pop up all the sudden.. or the guys slinging dope there..

How many pilots do you think stays at that Motel right outside Brown Field? Yeah... NONE.

• Like 1
<br /><Looking up at the sky> Is that a plane I see?<br /><br />Sorry, couldn't resist it.  You have missed the entire point I was trying to make.  It simply went over your head.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Really? You say you are not from around here, but you are planning in moving here. I suggest you go to the Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion FB page and get some facts there. That is if you want all sides of the stories.

• Like 1

Go have lunch across the street from Brown Field... I dare ya! You won't need any research

Or get gas right there on the corner... watch how many prostitues pop up all the sudden.. or the guys slinging dope there..

How many pilots do you think stays at that Motel right outside Brown Field? Yeah... NONE.

Ok, let's try this one more time. We have established that areas around the airports are full of crime several posts ago. That has nothing to do with the airports being built there in the first place nor is it the proof that the above examples you just provided are the cause of them being there. How did it get to the point of such things happening? Where does the airport play the role in it becoming a high crime area? What other factors contributed to it and how much do they weight in on the crime factor?

You still haven't answered those questions nor provided adequate support for the following.

Your claim: airports cause the surrounding areas to deteriorate.

Your supporting evidence:

Airports are never put in prime locations.

You contradict yourself. Does this mean the area where Silver Comet was built was not a good area in the beginning then?

Crossroads,

I have stopped at that FB page, it posts pretty much the same unfounded claims as these posts by the anti-airport group. You, as a group, have questions and so do I. But it seems like when I ask for proof from this group on their claims I get only personal opinions and more questions raised by your group without an answer other than "open your eyes". As far as logical explanation goes, that answer doesn't fly.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1

Jane said....<br /><br />Jane Ty' timestamp='1394552948' post='3891274']&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Ok, let's try this one more time.  We have established that areas around the airports are full of crime several posts ago.  That has nothing to do with the airports being built there in the first place nor is it the proof that the above examples you just provided are the cause of them being there.  How did it get to the point of such things happening?  Where does the airport play the role in it becoming a high crime area?  What other factors contributed to it and how much do they weight in on the crime factor?&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;You still haven't answered those questions nor provided adequate support for the following.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Your claim:  airports cause the surrounding areas to deteriorate.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Your supporting evidence: &amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;You contradict yourself.  Does this mean the area where Silver Comet was built was not a good area in the beginning then?&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Crossroads, &amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;I have stopped at that FB page, it posts pretty much the same unfounded claims as these posts by the anti-airport group.  You, as a group, have questions and so do I.  But it seems like when I ask for proof from this group on their claims I get only personal opinions and more questions raised by your group without an answer other than &amp;amp;quot;open your eyes&amp;amp;quot;.  As far as logical explanation goes, that answer doesn't fly. <br /><br />

Jane, there you  go bitchin, you complain about it, but do the same thing.Personal opinions and more questions....your apparently not reading the information, only bitchin. You are closed minded to the facts presented to you. I can only imagine why....&gt;<br /><br />I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. And so should the rest of you. She is only bitchin, leave her to her biased opinions.

Edited by Find something
  • Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

Jane, there you bitchin, you complain about it, but do the same thing.

Personal opinions and more questions....your apparently not reading the information, only bitchin. You are closed minded to the facts presented to you. I can only imagine why....

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. And so should the rest of you. She is only bitchin, leave her to her biased opinions.

Please show me where I have been complaining or as you put "bitchin" and about what? The same right to have my questions answered that you are all so adamant to push out there concerning your commissioners? Yet, you cannot do the same as you expect of them!

And this is what your group always resorts to when you lose a point or can't find anything else valid to add. You're right, this debate is unworthy of continuing. Based on the juvenile behavior, hypocrisy, and unwillingness to provide sufficient evidence of the opposition group there is no reason for me do so.

The ironic part here is that I'm neither pro nor anti-airport, yet... Well they do say it's people in the middle that get caught in the crossfire. ;)

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 2

You don't live here so you don't know whats going on.....When you move hear we will listen.

And now I may only speak if I live in the county?

You really not helping me or anybody else to change their minds and to support your cause.

• Like 1

What you showed me is not proof, I'm sorry. There is no saying in black and white that the airports have brought in the crime, no numbers to confirm that, no other factors shown that could have contributed to that. Just the statement of the crimes in the area. Period. No proof.

What you with you being a female with a BS in Civil Engineering giving us your opinion based on personal experience of being around the airports, driving through crime areas makes me raise this question: how does it qualify you to state that what you're saying is empirical evidence? I really don't follow you there. Are you an expert on crimes around airports? Expert on crimes period? Is this what your job is and why you making this claim? If it is, then please, by all means, accept my apology for not taking your word on the issue in this debate.

Heck most folks can just drive around some of the airports and come to the conclusion that airports draw crime... Don't take a rocket scientist to make that determination. Have you been to the airports she is talking about?

You can pick out anything to "prove" your point, your way...

Watch: Ever been to St. Simons Island??? The golf course at the foot of the runway is one of the finest in the state. Adjoining Sea Island is some of the most expensive land in the state. I certianly would mind staying in those hotels, eating at those resturants, walking around those streets...

Heck most folks can just drive around some of the airports and come to the conclusion that airports draw crime... Don't take a rocket scientist to make that determination. Have you been to the airports she is talking about?

So do the liqueur stores. But do they put them in the area before or after it went bad? What came first the egg or the chicken? There are many factors constitute in an area becoming infested with crime. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're using the airports as your scapegoats without actual support because that's what suits your cause.

• Like 1

You don't live here so you don't know whats going on.....When you move hear we will listen.

Reminds me of the spokesman from the Chamber this morning blabbing about what the airport was going to bring to the County.. He forgot to mention that himself and 75% of the Board of Directors do not live in the County yet they think the airport is the greatest thing since sliced bread for Paulding county.

If it is so great then why are they not trying to get passenger service into their airport in Cobb, Douglas and Polk County??

I hope the businesses that are supporting the Local Chamber understand that the actions of the leadership of the Chamber is doing nothing to enhance the idea to buy from the local merchants.

If you got that decal on your door a lot of folks may think that you are supporting the 737's that can come zooming through Hiram and Yorkville.

Time for the businesses to stand up and be counted, Tell your commissioners where you stand.

So do the liqueur stores. But do they put them in the area before or after it went bad? What came first the egg or the chicken? There are many factors constitute in an area becoming infested with crime. Don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're using the airports as your scapegoats without actual support because that's what suits your cause.

Just take the tour, A picture is worth a thousand words.

Reminds me of the spokesman from the Chamber this morning blabbing about what the airport was going to bring to the County.. He forgot to mention that himself and 75% of the Board of Directors do not live in the County yet they think the airport is the greatest thing since sliced bread for Paulding county.

If it is so great then why are they not trying to get passenger service into their airport in Cobb, Douglas and Polk County??

I hope the businesses that are supporting the Local Chamber understand that the actions of the leadership of the Chamber is doing nothing to enhance the idea to buy from the local merchants.

If you got that decal on your door a lot of folks may think that you are supporting the 737's that can come zooming through Hiram and Yorkville.

Time for the businesses to stand up and be counted, Tell your commissioners where you stand.

Just take the tour, A picture is worth a thousand words.

This is not the first time I've see you post such a thing concerning local businesses. Is that a threat, Whitey?

Picture can only show what is. It does nothing to reveal how it became what it is.

<br />The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighborhoods and bought them out for the land.  <br />While Flight from the area left empty houses and the problem escalated, with rentals, section 8 housing and low rent apts. The county ALLOWED this to happen...they issued the permits for the Pawn Shops, the Used Car Lots, the check cashers, the liquor stores, and the "jiggly rooms"...THESE are what brought the crime and the problem...NOT THE AIRPORT...<br /><br />AS far as campaign contributions don't worry DELTA will make SURE the ANTI-AIRPORT folks get funded...<br /><br />Patti was ALREADY on Channel 46 yesterday promoting HER WEBSITE...and UNBELIEVABLY claiming a POST STRESS related problem from helicopters...this is a DIRECT INSULT to our troops who ACTUALLY SUFFERED from this!  She should be ASHAMED!!!<br /><br />You want to move...here's the number for 2 Men and a truck...770.505.3332!!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

i thought it was obvious that the sunday alcohol sales and lottery tickets and marta that ruined clayton county

• Like 1

Taz, the airport has not been successful in almost 10 years. Yea, the bottom fell out in 2009, but what about the 5 years prior to that? No businesses, no jobs (well there are 3), very little use. There is nothing else out there, what happened to those 2000-3000 jobs we were promised in 2004?

Now I'm old and I wasn't born yesterday but to my knowledge they didn't need to have the airport "built" to start soliciting businesses to move to the industrial park. Ongoing construction is normal for a developing business park.

Paulding county is great at "building things", providing lots of construction related jobs but they don't know how to run anything, market anything or actually make it work. Once it's built they stand there scratching their heads. The Movie Studio that also promised 2000-3000 jobs is costing taxpayers nearly a million dollars a year to maintain. We pay a "scout" $20,000 a month to "market" the Movie Studio, no one is in the building.

A failed general aviation airport does not make a base for a "working" commercial airport. The promise of another 2000-3000 jobs just doesn't fly with me anymore. I have nothing to believe otherwise.

Yea and that feller from the Chamber still spewing the same ole Bull Chit at todays meeting, But..... I think that Todd set him straight.... Oh... I thought his term as chairman was up on December 31,2013...... Does everyone know why he is still holding that position???????

• Like 1
<br />This is not the first time I've see you post such a thing concerning local businesses.  Is that a threat, Whitey?<br /><br />Picture can only show what is.  It does nothing to reveal how it became what it is.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There she goes bitchin again....

<br /><br /><br />

Thanks Pubby, as illiterate, as I am, I couldn't put it out there in a manner that folks could see or understand. All folks want to do is tick other folks off, and that's just not the way to get things done.

Oh, and a slight change of pace. I LOVE your icon Whitey. I actually got to sit in the original when I was a kid.

I actually have a replica 1/24 scale of every car that Sr. drove. I do like they Wrangler Cars

The question is: " What ruined Paulding county?"

Citizens of Paulding county are only tax payers. They furnish the money for the Sheriff, the Commissioner's, and all the other Charlotte's, Lassie's, and Rin Tin Tin's.

Edited by The Postman

Can you please tell me, do you live in Paulding? Have you always lived in Paulding? Thanks

Grew up in Atlanta in the 60's / 70's...saw ALL the expansion from 1-20 to 285 being built...ran around East Point area and saw the disruption the growth Hartsfield brought BUT the problems came not directly from the Airport but from the crime ridden Atlanta residents who moved south and what THEY brought with them.

I moved my family to Paulding in the mid 80's (before all the growth)and currently have both a rental property and our primary house here. I have my business here and both kids have gone from 1st grade thru 12th grade in our Paulding County schools.

With that said I feel I have as much right to speak my mind and to promote the growth all the progressive thinking folks in Paulding know will come. I realize that many of the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP are good family folks who are simply trying to do what they think is best for their family and they certainly have the right too. The problems I have with them is they are focused one one or two issues and WILL not waver from bringing them up, at some point you have to realize you simply have to make the BEST of a situation...That is where we are at...the Airport is already here...it's not going ANYWHERE.

• Like 1

BS, Jane Ty!

Find something is better of without you bidding her anything. She don't need any more biding's from people who doesn't appreciate her for standing her ground.

Postman,

Find something's bitterness, no matter how justified at the local government, does not warrant her to put down others for standing their ground, voicing opinion, or asking questions. Especially when no disrespect was shown towards her and every attempt was made to remain cordial even after her insulting comments.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1

Ok, let's try this one more time. We have established that areas around the airports are full of crime several posts ago. That has nothing to do with the airports being built there in the first place nor is it the proof that the above examples you just provided are the cause of them being there. How did it get to the point of such things happening? Where does the airport play the role in it becoming a high crime area? What other factors contributed to it and how much do they weight in on the crime factor?

You still haven't answered those questions nor provided adequate support for the following.

Your claim: airports cause the surrounding areas to deteriorate.

Your supporting evidence:

You contradict yourself. Does this mean the area where Silver Comet was built was not a good area in the beginning then?

Crossroads,

I have stopped at that FB page, it posts pretty much the same unfounded claims as these posts by the anti-airport group. You, as a group, have questions and so do I. But it seems like when I ask for proof from this group on their claims I get only personal opinions and more questions raised by your group without an answer other than "open your eyes". As far as logical explanation goes, that answer doesn't fly.

I've seen no proof or hard evidence that shows commercial service will

be successful nor bring any significant number of jobs to Paulding county.

The research I have done (posted here) and experts I have read show just the opposite.

Secondary airports are struggling to stay afloat and general aviation is on the decline.

Show me that this thing will not continue to be a ginormous money pit

with no positive returns for the taxpayers and maybe you can sway me.

8)

Edited by mrshoward
  • Like 1

Grew up in Atlanta in the 60's / 70's...saw ALL the expansion from 1-20 to 285 being built...ran around East Point area and saw the disruption the growth Hartsfield brought BUT the problems came not directly from the Airport but from the crime ridden Atlanta residents who moved south and what THEY brought with them.

I moved my family to Paulding in the mid 80's (before all the growth)and currently have both a rental property and our primary house here. I have my business here and both kids have gone from 1st grade thru 12th grade in our Paulding County schools.

With that said I feel I have as much right to speak my mind and to promote the growth all the progressive thinking folks in Paulding know will come. I realize that many of the STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP are good family folks who are simply trying to do what they think is best for their family and they certainly have the right too. The problems I have with them is they are focused one one or two issues and WILL not waver from bringing them up, at some point you have to realize you simply have to make the BEST of a situation...That is where we are at...the Airport is already here...it's not going ANYWHERE.

Paulding county was ruined by the same carpet bagging that caused people to move here. With that said, the people who moved here are the same people who ruined Atlanta, in the late 19th, and early 20th century.

She is a candidate for PATTI SMITH and her WEBSITE...NOTHING MORE!!!

Seems fair to me... as BOTH of the candidates in

this primary race will share that very same benefit.

8)

Edited by mrshoward

I've seen no proof or hard evidence that shows commercial service will

be successful nor bring any significant number of jobs to this Paulding.

The research I have done (posted here) and experts I have read show just the opposite.

Secondary airports are struggling to stay afloat and general aviation is on the decline.

Show me that this thing will not continue to be a ginormous money pit

with no positive returns for the taxpayers and maybe you can sway me.

8)

I have seen the things you've posted and read Pubby's rebuff of that as well and to be honest, you both make valid points but neither have convinced me if airports such as proposed Silver Comet would be are in the category of declining general aviation airports or not. However, I have the same questions about it having positive returns without a reasonable business plan. Nor have I seen any proof of the property having any plans on developing what would attract the associated businesses to this airport, may it be the shuttle or restaurants (I'm throwing those out as an example. What proof is there of plans utilizing the property to its fullest capacity if it's going to be turned commercial?

Edited by Jane Ty

Paulding county was ruined by the same carpet bagging that caused people to move here. With that said, the people who moved here are the same people who ruined Atlanta, in the late 19th, and early 20th century.

You really are a SAD, SAD individual aren't you...is there anything you actually LIKE!!!

Seems fair to me... as BOTH of the candidates in

this primary race will share that very same benefit.

8)

I didn't know Todd was promoting a Website...