Paulding.com

Which candidates want Paulding to turn out like Clayton County?

I'm totally against commercialization of Silver Comet Field. My wife grew up in Clayton County and I can say the airport literally has ruined Clayton County, Forest Park, Riverdale, Jonesboro, etc. In Clayton County, crime is up, property values are down, the towns are full of used car lots, pawn shops, check cashers, prostitutes, jiggly rooms, and other riff raff that has a negative impact on the community. I don't want that coming to my neighborhood here in Paulding County.

Do you know which candadates currently running for office are against the commercialization of the airport? I'd probably be willing to make a small campaign contribution to those candidates.

I also know there are many issues to discuss but this airport deal makes me want to move out of Paulding County.

• Like 3
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighbor

I have just gotten back from kisses and hugs and I love you's with my family in New York. My nephew, lives in Howard Beach, NY. They are at the doorstep of JFK.......the surrounding area is thriving

This is my job jackbag. I'm at just about every airport in the southeast.   You must not get out much....ever been to FIB? Airports are never put in prime locations, if so, they would have put one

I'm totally against commercialization of Silver Comet Field. My wife grew up in Clayton County and I can say the airport literally has ruined Clayton County, Forest Park, Riverdale, Jonesboro, etc. In Clayton County, crime is up, property values are down, the towns are full of used car lots, pawn shops, check cashers, prostitutes, jiggly rooms, and other riff raff that has a negative impact on the community. I don't want that coming to my neighborhood here in Paulding County.

Do you know which candadates currently running for office are against the commercialization of the airport? I'd probably be willing to make a small campaign contribution to those candidates.

I also know there are many issues to discuss but this airport deal makes me want to move out of Paulding County.

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighborhoods and bought them out for the land.

While Flight from the area left empty houses and the problem escalated, with rentals, section 8 housing and low rent apts. The county ALLOWED this to happen...they issued the permits for the Pawn Shops, the Used Car Lots, the check cashers, the liquor stores, and the "jiggly rooms"...THESE are what brought the crime and the problem...NOT THE AIRPORT...

AS far as campaign contributions don't worry DELTA will make SURE the ANTI-AIRPORT folks get funded...

Patti was ALREADY on Channel 46 yesterday promoting HER WEBSITE...and UNBELIEVABLY claiming a POST STRESS related problem from helicopters...this is a DIRECT INSULT to our troops who ACTUALLY SUFFERED from this! She should be ASHAMED!!!

You want to move...here's the number for 2 Men and a truck...770.505.3332!!!

Edited by Concerned Pldg Resident
  • Like 4

Do you know which candidates currently running for office are against the commercialization of the airport? I'd probably be willing to make a small campaign contribution to those candidates.

Most of them have Facebook pages, I encourage you to go read them, many have stated their position on the airport. I have had discussions with some of the candidates/incumbents and have sent you a personal message with my findings. I don't want to speak for them until I've actually heard them speak publicly for or against the airport.

Call them or email them yourself, never take someone else's word as the "truth".

Sorry Rhett, but "Frankly my dear, I don't give a D....!" They started this Paulding County air port deal back in 1978, and they are going to get it done no matter how much you kick and scream. Learn to live with it, or leave it. If you really want folks to know how you feel about it, try spending every Sat. & Sun. out in front of the place with signs. Or don't you have the time?

Sorry Rhett, but "Frankly my dear, I don't give a D....!" They started this Paulding County air port deal back in 1978, and they are going to get it done no matter how much you kick and scream. Learn to live with it, or leave it. If you really want folks to know how you feel about it, try spending every Sat. & Sun. out in front of the place with signs. Or don't you have the time?

Taz, the airport has not been successful in almost 10 years. Yea, the bottom fell out in 2009, but what about the 5 years prior to that? No businesses, no jobs (well there are 3), very little use. There is nothing else out there, what happened to those 2000-3000 jobs we were promised in 2004?

Now I'm old and I wasn't born yesterday but to my knowledge they didn't need to have the airport "built" to start soliciting businesses to move to the industrial park. Ongoing construction is normal for a developing business park.

Paulding county is great at "building things", providing lots of construction related jobs but they don't know how to run anything, market anything or actually make it work. Once it's built they stand there scratching their heads. The Movie Studio that also promised 2000-3000 jobs is costing taxpayers nearly a million dollars a year to maintain. We pay a "scout" $20,000 a month to "market" the Movie Studio, no one is in the building.

A failed general aviation airport does not make a base for a "working" commercial airport. The promise of another 2000-3000 jobs just doesn't fly with me anymore. I have nothing to believe otherwise.

• Like 3

Look, I agree with most every thing Ya'll say. All that I'm saying is that fussing about it on here has done nothing but turn folks against what could have been a good cause. Ya'll just need to take it to the next level. Get out there and put a face on it. Get on the news DOING some thing about it. In other words...Quitchabichn and do some thing. A lot of choices there. For one, you could run for office your self and change things from the inside, now there's a novel idea.

Edited by taz13

Look, I agree with most every thing Ya'll say. All that I'm saying is that fussing about it on here has done nothing but turn folks against what could have been a good cause. Ya'll just need to take it to the next level. Get out there and put a face on it. Get on the news DOING some thing about it. In other words...Quitchabichn and do some thing.

Well, I have been. For the last 5 months. Knocking on doors, talking to people in all areas of the county, going to every BOC, PCAA and IBA meeting I possibly can. My copier has worked overtime producing flyers, links to data and record keeping. Two community meetings have been executed, with power point presentations and testimony from residents and at least one elected official. The list could go on for pages.

I will continue to keep on keeping on, the more I learn, the more I believe this is a horrible idea.

• Like 2

Look, I agree with most every thing Ya'll say. All that I'm saying is that fussing about it on here has done nothing but turn folks against what could have been a good cause. Ya'll just need to take it to the next level. Get out there and put a face on it. Get on the news DOING some thing about it. In other words...Quitchabichn and do some thing. A lot of choices there. For one, you could run for office your self and change things from the inside, now there's a novel idea.

Patti Smith is doing something about it. She is a candidate for Post 2 Commissioner.

• Like 1

Thank you for all of your hard work, and I hope that it pays off for you and the county. But this is the first that I've heard of it, because, and I'm sorry about it, but I rarely touch this subject. In my eyes, the war was over a long time ago. Until folks realize that tickling this monster called "social media" is just the start, and put boots on the ground, and put a face on things, like you say that you have, folks like me will just get tired of it and tune it out.

<br />Look, I agree with most every thing Ya'll say. All that I'm saying is that fussing about it on here has done nothing but turn folks against what could have been a good cause. Ya'll just need to take it to the next level. Get out there and put a face on it. Get on the news DOING some thing about it. In other words...Quitchabichn and do some thing. A lot of choices there. For one, you could run for office your self and change things from the inside, now there's a novel idea.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Maybe you could help out doing something about it. Volunteer. Go to FB Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion page.

<br />Patti Smith is doing something about it.  She is a candidate for Post 2 Commissioner.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />O.K. that's "1", how many more do we need to tear down the castle? Until you get rid of all of them, you won't make any changes.<br /><br />
<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />Maybe you could help out doing something about it. Volunteer. Go to FB Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion page.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> Sorry, but the last time I volunteered for any thing, I got bounced around this rock for thirty years. I've done my time, now it's up to you. Oh, and I don't do "My Face" or "Space Book" or any of that other junk. Heck, my phone still has a cord attached and doesn't have a clue what texting is. Edited by taz13

Thank you for all of your hard work, and I hope that it pays off for you and the county. But this is the first that I've heard of it, because, and I'm sorry about it, but I rarely touch this subject. In my eyes, the war was over a long time ago. Until folks realize that tickling this monster called "social media" is just the start, and put boots on the ground, and put a face on things, like you say that you have, folks like me will just get tired of it and tune it out.

Boots on the ground, now you're talking!! I've been saying this for months. We do have boots out there, we sure could use more. If you're interested in helping, go to ProtectPaulding.com sign the petition and sign up to help.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Against commercialization Passenger service Todd Pownall, Tony Crowe, Vernon Collett, Patti Smith

The AIRPORT did NOT ruin Clayton County....The City of Atlanta and it's CRIME spilled over into Clayton with corrupt politicians and gangs...As Hartsfield grew and grew it took over adjoining neighborhoods and bought them out for the land.

While Flight from the area left empty houses and the problem escalated, with rentals, section 8 housing and low rent apts. The county ALLOWED this to happen...they issued the permits for the Pawn Shops, the Used Car Lots, the check cashers, the liquor stores, and the "jiggly rooms"...THESE are what brought the crime and the problem...NOT THE AIRPORT...

AS far as campaign contributions don't worry DELTA will make SURE the ANTI-AIRPORT folks get funded...

Patti was ALREADY on Channel 46 yesterday promoting HER WEBSITE...and UNBELIEVABLY claiming a POST STRESS related problem from helicopters...this is a DIRECT INSULT to our troops who ACTUALLY SUFFERED from this! She should be ASHAMED!!!

You want to move...here's the number for 2 Men and a truck...770.505.3332!!!

WOW typical response from the pro crowd

Tundra, Ya'll have a good start, but until folks see you out there waving your signs, in front of the place, and or get all of the "Ol Boys" out, then it's just a bunch of words from out of the darkness.

• Like 1

It likes a lot from being a done deal, This election is going to either stop the airport dead in it's tracks or put it on the fast track.

Elections do have consequences. Get out and support the anti airport group.

Whitey:

the problem is the message being presented is "tear it down, burn it down 'cause all we want is burning rubble."

Is there anything constructive to your arguments; to your movement?

I don't hear it, I don't see it ... seriously.

pubby

• Like 1

Patti Smith is doing something about it. She is a candidate for Post 2 Commissioner.

Patti's opponent in the primary has been supporting the airport expansion on this site as well as face book, Don't be fooled by a politician's change of views during a campaign

<br />Whitey:<br /><br />the problem is the message being presented is "tear it down, burn it down 'cause all we want is burning rubble."<br /><br />Is there anything constructive to your arguments; to your movement? <br /><br />I don't hear it, I don't see it ... seriously.<br /><br />pubby<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks Pubby, as illiterate, as I am, I couldn't put it out there in a manner that folks could see or understand. All folks want to do is tick other folks off, and that's just not the way to get things done.

Oh, and a slight change of pace. I LOVE your icon Whitey. I actually got to sit in the original when I was a kid.

Whitey:

the problem is the message being presented is "tear it down, burn it down 'cause all we want is burning rubble."

pubby

Yep....... Do what it was planned to be a general Aviation air port no passenger flights bring in all the MRO, Build the hangers, develop the 60 acres around the airport as originally planned, Just forget the 737's zooming in over Hiram and Yorkville, Heck they are even coming in over your house WTH.

No Scheduled Passenger service, We do not want to be the second airport for the City of Atlanta and you shouldn't either if you expect to get elected here in Paulding County

Bye now see you at the commissioners meeting get to wear my blue shirt today, PS stay close to me may be some excitement to film.

&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Yep....... Do what it was planned to be a general Aviation air port no passenger flights bring in all the MRO, Build the hangers, develop the 60 acres around the airport as originally planned, Just forget the 737's zooming in over Hiram and Yorkville, Heck they are even coming in over your house WTH.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;No Scheduled Passenger service, We do not want to be the second airport for the City of Atlanta and you shouldn't either if you expect to get elected here in Paulding County&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;Bye now see you at the commissioners meeting get to wear my blue shirt today,  PS stay close to me may be some excitement to film.&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;
&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;The plan (in 1978) was for a cargo airport to take the load off of Hartsfield. 737's? They were talking C-5's and 747's when this first started. And "excitement" is NOT what changes the minds of the people, it just makes us laugh at you and ignore what you're trying to say. Edited by taz13
  • Like 1

What you are saying is it is time to give out the list of things the present commissioners have done and who did it. Including all the stuff they did that

was not completely legal. It will all come out in the mud slinging that is about to happen.

For all the people who are PRO airport.... Have you never been around an airport. Generally speaking... Because I can name local commercial airports within the Metro Atlanta area.....and the areas surrounding them is pure SHIIT. Say what you will about crime spilling over and yadda yadda... Paulding will be the next Fulton Industrial, Buford Highway, Chambodia, Clayton County...and lets not forget even Dobbins and the Smyrna, Atlanta Road area.

• Like 3

Whitey:

pubby

AND THAT IS WHY I WOULDN'T VOTE FOR YOU, AND AM GOING TO DO MY BEST TO SUPPORT

SOMEONE ELSE AGAINST YOU. I WILL BE POSTING AS MANY OF YOUR SAYINGS AS TO WHY

YOU WANT THE AIRPORT, AND WHY YOU ARE PART OF THE AUSTIN BROTHERS GROUP.

• Like 3

For all the people who are PRO airport.... Have you never been around an airport. Generally speaking... Because I can name local commercial airports within the Metro Atlanta area.....and the areas surrounding them is pure SHIIT. Say what you will about crime spilling over and yadda yadda... Paulding will be the next Fulton Industrial, Buford Highway, Chambodia, Clayton County...and lets not forget even Dobbins and the Smyrna, Atlanta Road area.

Please show the research and statistics that indicate the crime is caused by the local commercial airports or their influence on the surrounding areas going to "SHIIT" as you say.

If you're going to fight this battle, at least have the valid information to back up such statements.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1
<br />What you are saying is it is time to give out the list of things the present commissioners have done and who did it.  Including all the stuff they did that <br />was not completely legal. It will all come out in the mud slinging that is about to happen.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />What I'm saying is that to change the minds of "We The People" you have to get your message across with out kick'n and scream'n and trying to just generally P... us off. P'ed off people have a funny way of aiming their anger, and it usually isn't in the direction that you would like it to be.

As an a voter, with no real care which way this goes, if the vote was today I'd have to vote for the folks that are pro-airport, just because all that the anti's have done is tick me off with all of the ranting and raving that they have done. Sorry, but that's just the way that it is.

Edited by taz13

Please show the research and statistics that indicate the crime is caused by the local commercial airports or their influence on the surrounding areas going to "SHIIT" as you say.

If you're going to fight this battle, at least have the valid information to back up such statements.

This is my job jackbag. I'm at just about every airport in the southeast.

You must not get out much....ever been to FIB? Airports are never put in prime locations, if so, they would have put one in East Cobb, North Paulding... but they didn't. Ever been to PDK? Buford Highway.... Hell even Clayton County. If so... You would know exactly what I'm talking about. Drugs, Prostitution and GANGS.

When I have to have a damn police escort in most of these areas I'd say crime is pretty bad.

• Like 4

<br /><br /><br />

What I'm saying is that to change the minds of "We The People" you have to get your message across with out kick'n and scream'n and trying to just generally P... us off. P'ed off people have a funny way of aiming their anger, and it usually isn't in the direction that you would like it to be.

You're trying to reason with people that you support to abandon their unreasonable tactics and to revert to finding a solution that would benefit all parties. You're going to find it to be a very hard thing to do. As many valid concerns they do bring up about this airport, it's the attitude of "we want what we want and nothing else" that is hindering any lasting progress or changes they could have made already.

There is nothing wrong about being passionate about your cause. But this cause has been taken way too far by some unfounded accusations and speculations that makes the anti-airport group seem like a bunch of gossiping old ladies with nothing better to do. You can jump on me for my opinion all you want, we're all entitled to our opinion and I do not begrudge you yours, but if you really think you have an important message to deliver to the public, consider changing your attitude. You'd be surprised what result you would get.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1

You must not get out much....ever been to FIB? Airports are never put in prime locations, if so, they would have put one in East Cobb, North Paulding... but they didn't. Ever been to PDK? Buford Highway.... Hell even Clayton County. If so... You would know exactly what I'm talking about. Drugs, Prostitution and GANGS.

When I have to have a damn police escort in most of these areas I'd say crime is pretty bad.

I live 10 mins from an airport in a tourist area. I will tell you that the crime is not around the airport at all but further away you go from it, nor is it caused by the commercial flights. It's not the first town I've lived in with a local small commercial airport being near it.

Once again, you are not showing me the statistics about those counties that show what is the reason for those crimes and how are they tied to the airports. Until you do, your claim is not valid. If you are trying to convince me to sway my opinion you have to show me the hard evidence that backs up your claim.

• Like 2
<br />You're trying to reason with people that you support to abandon their unreasonable tactics and to revert to finding a solution that would benefit all parties.  You're going to find it to be a very hard thing to do.  As many valid concerns they do bring up about this airport, it's the attitude of &quot;we want what we want and nothing else&quot; that is hindering any lasting progress or changes they could have made already.<br /><br />There is nothing wrong about being passionate about your cause.  But this cause has been taken way too far by some unfounded accusations and speculations that makes the anti-airport group seem like a bunch of gossiping old ladies with nothing better to do.  You can jump on me for my opinion all you want, we all entitled to out opinion and I do not begrudge you yours, but if you really think you have an important message to deliver to the public, consider changing your attitude.  You'd be surprised what result you would get.<br />
<br /><br /><br /> <br />I don't have an attitude to change, what I do have is a vote and so far the anti's have not said one thing or shown one shred of proof to make me think that they have a valid point other than Not in my back yard. Edited by taz13

<br /><br /><br /> <br />I don't have an attitude to change, what I do have is a vote and so far the anti's have not said one thing or shown one shred of proof to make me think that they have a valid point other than Not in my back yard.

I wasn't implying your attitude per se and referring to the anti-airport group actually. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

They do have some valid points such as the cost and no knowledge other than vague about the plans. Oh and of course the right to be heard as citizens.

http://www.point2homes.com/US/Neighborhood/GA/Brookhaven/Buford-Highway-Demographics.html

http://brookhaven.patch.com/groups/patathomass-blog/p/bp--vagrantspanhandlers-have-taken-over-the-honey-bak724aee7e56

http://www.gsusignal.com/2.14080/nearly-125-arrested-during-clean-sweep-on-fulton-industrial-blvd-1.1948887

http://www.trulia.com/crime/Atlanta,GA,30336/property%20crime%20residential/

Most dangerous in 30336

1Fulton Industrial Blvd SW and Interchange Dr SW (3)

2Bakers Ferry Rd SW and Mendel Dr SW (2)

3Martin Luther King Jr Dr SW and Wendell Dr SW (1)

4Commerce Cir SW and Commerce Dr SW (1)

5Fulton Industrial Blvd SW and Shirley Dr (1)

Google is your friend

Edited by GeorgiaTornado

Please show me where does it say that crime rate there is caused by the airports.

Your claim: small commercial airports are the cause of crime in the counties they operate and the surrounding ones."

Your evidence: google links showing the crime down to the streets close to the airports. I do not see the before or after airports were built numbers of crimes, the factors that lead to those crimes, nor how they are correlated with the airports other than being in the same vicinity.

I'm sorry but I can use the same arguing about any area of any town that have gone down hill, just pick a business and say it's because they put it there that the crime rate went up.

Edited by Jane Ty
  • Like 1

I don't like confrontations but is it really necessary to resort to name calling and insults? She asked a question and didn't insult you even after you were so rude to her. I don't understand the meanness.

• Like 1
<br />I wasn't implying your attitude per se and referring to the anti-airport group actually.  Sorry if I didn't make that clear.<br /><br />They do have some valid points such as the cost and no knowledge other than vague about the plans.  Oh and of course the right to be heard as citizens.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

<br />I don't like confrontations but is it really necessary to resort to name calling and insults? She asked a question and didn't insult you even after you were so rude to her. I don't understand the meanness.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

For some reason that I don't understand, for some folks on here, that's their only defense. One would think that after we got out of school, we could grow out of that.

http://travel.usatoday.com/news/story/2011/07/Study-Crime-risk-high-near-many-airports-train-stations-/49301270/1

Because I have said over and over and over what type of job I have. Who I work for...there is even people on here that know me...and my employment.

I think it's nuts to think that areas around an airport are so safe and secure...and full of loving families who only want the best in life....

Edited by GeorgiaTornado

I can make the same type of claim stating I feel unsafe walking into a hospital because people die there.

http://travel.usatoday.com/news/story/2011/07/Study-Crime-risk-high-near-many-airports-train-stations-/49301270/1

Because I have said over and over and over what type of job I have. Who I work for...there is even people on here that know me...and my employment.

I think it's nuts to think that areas around an airport are so safe and secure...and full of loving families who only want the best in life....

Nobody is denying that those areas are not safe. But you show no reasonable explanation for those areas other than it's the airport's fault.

I'm sorry, I don't know what job you do or who you work for. Should I be aware and take notice?

And thank you Dana.

• Like 1
<br />Thank you for all of your hard work, and I hope that it pays off for you and the county. But this is the first that I've heard of it, because, and I'm sorry about it, but I rarely touch this subject. In my eyes, the war was over a long time ago. Until folks realize that tickling this monster called "social media" is just the start, and put boots on the ground, and put a face on things, like you say that you have, folks like me will just get tired of it and tune it out.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

This is all true Taz13, but this site gets the word our to people so actions can be taken. It may sound like bitchin to you, but that bitchin is paying off and people are starting to pay attention. You say you get tired of it and tune it out, the many citizens that tune it out are the ones that will complain the loudest when the tax bill arrives.

Listen, learn and help improve the county in which you live. We the citizen's are responsible and are the only ones that can replace the corrupt politicians and their legal arm.

If it's bitchin, so be it.....Speak up or pay the bill.

• Like 1
<br />I can make the same type of claim stating I feel unsafe walking into a hospital because people die there.<br /><br /><br /><br />Nobody is denying that those areas are not safe.  But you show no reasonable explanation for those areas other than it's the airport's fault.<br /><br />I'm sorry, I don't know what job you do or who you work for.  Should I be aware and take notice?<br /><br />And thank you Dana.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />I do. Feel usafe around hospitals, that is. Edited by taz13