Paulding.com

Need recomendations

I am looking for a new dentist in the Acworth or Kennesaw area.

I and my family have been using the same dentist in Dallas for 30 years.

This morning I was treated as if I was a stranger that walked in off the street and asked for free dental work.

I drove an hour and 15 minutes to walk in 15 minutes late, and be told they would not even work me in. They had taken someone in front of my appt. because they thought I was not coming.

I did confirm my appt. on line.

If I am not worthy of at least a phone call, I need a new dentist.

I was stuck in Paulding traffic.

So they take someone in front of me. I can understand that. Yes. But, to say they cannot even work me in makes no sense.

They had three people with appointment times. I am late, and someone is in my spot when I get there. What happened to their spot?

I would like to know if anyone has a dentist more convenient to me, that they do like and recommend.

Sorry for the vent, but I would like help finding a new dentist.

Hahaha what part of Hwy 92, Bobo Road or 278 should I pull out my phone & look up a number to call? I am in heavy stop and go traffic.  They have all my numbers, and are in an office.  In all our 30 years of hundreds of appointments, we have never missed an appointment or been late. Unlike the many times we have had to sit long times waiting for them to get to us. I have never gotten taken back at the exact time of my appointment. NEVER and usually I am the 1st patient of the day. I am over it, and will go somewhere else.

Plus, with their big sign out front saying they are taking new patients, they are going to need them.

Edited by krwills

Dr. Christopher Adams

1685 Mars Hill Rd NW, Acworth, GA 30101

(770) 919-0930

He's amazing. I went to him for years when I lived in Marietta. We parted ways when my insurance changed. You will love him, guaranteed!

Good luck to you.

The entire staff at Life Smiles in New Hope are fantastic. We have only been going for a couple of years, but they treat us as if we have been going for many years. My DD, who LOVES ( I can't stress that enough) going to the dentist, always has and she really likes this practice. She's 14.

I'm sorry that your previous dentist has made you so unhappy after so many years.

If it is an emergency, don't call County Dental Provider, they want you to wait 2 weeks.

That's like going to the emergency room and bleeding in the waiting room for two weeks while some prissy little gal says, "I'm sorry." :giggle:

This morning I was treated as if I was a stranger that walked in off the street and asked for free dental work.

I drove an hour and 15 minutes to walk in 15 minutes late, and be told they would not even work me in. They had taken someone in front of my appt. because they thought I was not coming.

So they take someone in front of me. I can understand that. Yes. But, to say they cannot even work me in makes no sense.

They had three people with appointment times. I am late, and someone is in my spot when I get there. What happened to their spot?

I would like to know if anyone has a dentist more convenient to me, that they do like and recommend.

I did the same thing with my GP once. I thought I was 15 minutes early and I was actually 15 minutes late. I had entered the wrong time in my phone. They wouldn't or couldn't work me in so we re-scheduled the appointment. My mom was a nurse at a doctors office when I was a kid and I saw what working people into a schedule did for her when she would come in two hours late most days. So I didn't have a problem with it.

LifeSmiles in New Hope is good.

Honestly, I think you're overreacting. You were late. It is not the responsibility of the dentist to call you if you are late. This entitlement mentality drives us crazy. Why should we have to spend our time calling patients who are late to find out if they are coming? We schedule our day and have to allow time for longer than expected procedures, interruptions, and all that while still getting out of the place at a decent time. There is a budget and staff get paid and the medical provider shouldn't have to pay overtime to staff because patients are disrespectful of the doctor and staff's time. If you are late then it makes a longer day or it cuts into lunch time. Put the office phone number in your phone and press the icon for the voice search. Use the Bluetooth in your car to search for the phone number. Here's a novel idea, just leave the house early and plan on being here 20 minutes early so you are not late? How about respecting our time too?

• Like 3

LifeSmiles in New Hope is good.

Honestly, I think you're overreacting. You were late. It is not the responsibility of the dentist to call you if you are late. This entitlement mentality drives us crazy. Why should we have to spend our time calling patients who are late to find out if they are coming? We schedule our day and have to allow time for longer than expected procedures, interruptions, and all that while still getting out of the place at a decent time. There is a budget and staff get paid and the medical provider shouldn't have to pay overtime to staff because patients are disrespectful of the doctor and staff's time. If you are late then it makes a longer day or it cuts into lunch time. Put the office phone number in your phone and press the icon for the voice search. Use the Bluetooth in your car to search for the phone number. Here's a novel idea, just leave the house early and plan on being here 20 minutes early so you are not late? How about respecting our time too?

Edited

Unless this was directed at me, in that case, I will be happy to repeat my message.

<br />LifeSmiles in New Hope is good. <br /><br />Honestly, I think you're overreacting. You were late. It is not the responsibility of the dentist to call you if you are late. This entitlement mentality drives us crazy. Why should we have to spend our time calling patients who are late to find out if they are coming? We schedule our day and have to allow time for longer than expected procedures, interruptions, and all that while still getting out of the place at a decent time. There is a budget and staff get paid and the medical provider shouldn't have to pay overtime to staff because patients are disrespectful of the doctor and staff's time. If you are late then it makes a longer day or it cuts into lunch time. Put the office phone number in your phone and press the icon for the voice search. Use the Bluetooth in your car to search for the phone number. Here's a novel idea, just leave the house early and plan on being here 20 minutes early so you are not late? How about respecting our time too?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Our time???

I was in traffic 1 hour & 15 minutes for a trip that should be 35-45 minutes max. There were 3 appointments involved to be switched around. There was no concern for me at all. I have to take a 1/2 day of vacation to go there.

I have been foolish to continue to go there.

Their office does not need or want my business. I need someone that does.

If I could afford all the fancy car phone equipment, I'd have just had my butler call.

Like I said, I NEVER got called back on time, and I never even complained.

I appreciate the references and will check into them.

Next time, you will either be on time or you start going somewhere else. Either way, we no longer have to be rushed with a crowded calendar all day, get out late, and can plan our family time after hours. Patients that don't respect our time need to go somewhere else. They cost us time, money and too much aggravation.

Next time, you will either be on time or you start going somewhere else. Either way, we no longer have to be rushed with a crowded calendar all day, get out late, and can plan our family time after hours. Patients that don't respect our time need to go somewhere else. They cost us time, money and too much aggravation.

Who is 'we' so I can make a note to never go there for anything?

• Like 1

Is this the "royal we" or are you a Life Smiley person?

If you are a Life Smiley person, then........never mind.

That is a terrible way to treat a customer; I would write the office manager a note explaining what happened and that you will now be changing dentists.

<br />Next time, you will either be on time or you start going somewhere else. Either way, we no longer have to be rushed with a crowded calendar all day, get out late, and can plan our family time after hours. Patients that don't respect our time need to go somewhere else. They cost us time, money and too much aggravation.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If we means DD then believe me I am GONE!

Respect your time?

How about respect your paying customers? Without them, there is no you.

I have worked 7-5, 5 days a week for many years and still find time to care for my customers.

If you are really from there you don't need to be!

Cost you money?

Without customers, you won't have ANY.

I really hope you are not from there. I have always liked the entire staff there, and still do.

I just can no longer take the time to go there.

I was asking for recommendations, not a scolding from some spoiled, unappreciative employee.

Have a nice life. Hopefully not in an office as important as a dentist office.

I went to Distinctive Dentist and saw Bobby Shirley.

I have found a dentist.

He and the entire office and dental staff was very nice and professional.

Good care with good humor all the way around.

Had a lot of fun, even though they pulled the tooth.

Only problem is that Dr. Shirley looks younger than he is and he ain't that old.

It is only a problem because I am jealous.

• Like 2
<br />LifeSmiles in New Hope is good. <br /><br />Honestly, I think you're overreacting. You were late. It is not the responsibility of the dentist to call you if you are late. This entitlement mentality drives us crazy. Why should we have to spend our time calling patients who are late to find out if they are coming? We schedule our day and have to allow time for longer than expected procedures, interruptions, and all that while still getting out of the place at a decent time. There is a budget and staff get paid and the medical provider shouldn't have to pay overtime to staff because patients are disrespectful of the doctor and staff's time. If you are late then it makes a longer day or it cuts into lunch time. Put the office phone number in your phone and press the icon for the voice search. Use the Bluetooth in your car to search for the phone number. Here's a novel idea, just leave the house early and plan on being here 20 minutes early so you are not late? How about respecting our time too?<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br />I have never seen a doctors office respectful of my time in regards to their making me wait an hour.  Respect is a two way street.  And don't give me that crap about procedures going over, if I am the first person in the office there will still be a wait, guaranteed. If the doctors offices had any sense of urgency with appointments then possibly patients would have the same sense of urgency.   Can't complain about lack of respect in regards to time management when you are a major contributor to the problem.  :insertnicesmileyfacehere: Edited by All I Hear is Blah Blah Blah
  • Like 1

I went to Distinctive Dentist and saw Bobby Shirley.

I have found a dentist.

He and the entire office and dental staff was very nice and professional.

Good care with good humor all the way around.

Had a lot of fun, even though they pulled the tooth.

Only problem is that Dr. Shirley looks younger than he is and he ain't that old.

It is only a problem because I am jealous.

I too have a high opinion of Dr. Shirley and the team at Distinctive Dentistry.

I had a terrible experiance with another local dentist that resulted in me having a terrible fear of dentist.

Dr. Shirley & the team helped me to overcome my fears to the point I now look forward to coming in to see them.