Paulding.com

Omega McKinney, age 61, of Dallas, GA, passed away Thursday, February 27, 2014. She was born May 9, 1952, in Atlanta, GA, to Etta Nolen Barnes & the late, Quillian Barnes. Mrs. McKinney retired from the Paulding County School System as a para-professional and was in charge of the After School Program for Poole Elementary. She was an active member of the Dallas First United Methodist Church, where she taught Sunday school.

Survivors include her husband, Mike McKinney; sons & daughters-in-law, Colin & Nissa McKinney of Athens, GA, Matthew & Megan McKinney of Brisbane, Australia and Kyle McKinney of Hiram, GA; mother, Etta Nolen Barnes of Bowdon, GA; brother & sister-in-law, Michael & Janet Barnes of Bowdon, GA; sister & brother-in-law, Becky & Dennis Griffin of Bowdon, GA; mother-in-law, Shirley McKinney; grandchildren, Emlyn McKinney, Violet McKinney and Nash McKinney.

Funeral services will be Saturday, March 1, 2014, at 11:00 AM, from the Dallas First United Methodist Church, with Reverend Warren Huddleston, Dr. Ken Ray and Reverend Charles Barnes officiating. Interment will follow in Shiloh United Methodist Church Cemetery in Carrollton, GA. The family will receive friends at Clark Funeral Home, Friday, February 28, 2014, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to: Dallas First United Methodist Church General Fund, 141 E. Memorial Drive, Dallas, GA 30132 or American Cancer Society, P. O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718 or St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.

The family request that if you have daffodils growing in your yard, please bring some to the service.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Omega McKinney, age 61, of Dallas, GA, passed away Thursday, February 27, 2014. She was born May 9, 1952, in Atlanta, GA, to Etta Nolen Barnes & the late, Quillian Barnes. Mrs. McKinney retired from the Paulding County School System as a para-professional and was in charge of the After School Program for Poole Elementary. She was an active member of the Dallas First United Methodist Church, where she taught Sunday school.

Survivors include her husband, Mike McKinney; sons & daughters-in-law, Colin & Nissa McKinney of Athens, GA, Matthew & Megan McKinney of Brisbane, Australia and Kyle McKinney of Hiram, GA; mother, Etta Nolen Barnes of Bowdon, GA; brother & sister-in-law, Michael & Janet Barnes of Bowdon, GA; sister & brother-in-law, Becky & Dennis Griffin of Bowdon, GA; grandchildren, Emlyn McKinney, Violet McKinney and Nash McKinney.

Funeral services will be Saturday, March 1, 2014, at 11:00 AM, from the Dallas First United Methodist Church, with Reverend Warren Huddleston, Dr. Ken Ray and Reverend Charles Barnes officiating. Interment will follow in Shiloh United Methodist Church Cemetery in Carrollton, GA. The family will receive friends at Clark Funeral Home, Friday, February 28, 2014, from 4:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

In lieu of flowers, please make donations to: Dallas First United Methodist Church General Fund, 141 E. Memorial Drive, Dallas, GA 30132 or American Cancer Society, P. O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK 73123-1718 or St. Jude's Children's Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105.

The family request that if you have daffodils growing in your yard, please bring some to the service.

Clark Funeral Home in Hiram, GA is in charge of arrangements. www.samclarkfuneralhome.com.

Oh no!! Rest in peace sweet lady. You will be missed by many. You touched so many lives.

we are so saddened to hear about Omega's passing. Mike and family you are in our prayers. Ricky and Ginger

I'm so sorry. :(

She was the Para Pro in my youngest son's kindergarten classroom at Poole... and he absolutely adored her. I was fortunate enough to see her smiling face when I'd pick my boys up from ASP. She was a very special lady and I know she will be missed deeply by many.