Paulding.com

They don't think they come smaller than A or bigger than D and need to re-evaluate their base :p I feel for you. I wish I could find a cute bra. I am just hoping this child I carry helps things grow and lets them stay after.

I like breasts big, small, and in-between.

• Like 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think I would just go to another bakery.

Private business should have the right to refuse their services to anyone for any reason if they so chose. I may not agree with the reason they refuse services and it would probably not be a smart de

Your example with schools does not apply. They are taxpayer funded and cannot, by law, discriminate. Same with public transportation.   The discussion is about PRIVATE business. To force them to pro

I like breasts big, small, and in-between.

Gotta agree with you there.

Got everyones attention didn't it? If someone is upset at the word Gay, then maybe you should be around homosexuals since at some point that word is going to come up. Grow up people. The title is Gay and its a post concerning a Gay issue. Go to Colorado and smoke some pot and lighten up.

Actually, the thread is more about the rights of private business. It's just that the case in question involved a gay couple.

It does not look like discrimination to me. Refusing service which would be provided to everyone else is my idea of discrimination. Would a Muslim person be sued for refusing to prepare a whole pig with an apple in its mouth? Would a Jewish person be sued for refusing to prepare a double chesse burger? Why would a Christian be sued for refusing to prepare a cake with 2 guys on top of it?

A company that makes wedding cakes does not have to put two guys on the top of the cake. They can say that they don't do that, because they don't have guy-couple figures to put there. There's no discrimination if the cake company doesn't make a special accomodation that's outside of their usual offerings. However, if they refuse service to a gay couple who will put their own 2 guys on the top of the cake - That's discrimination because they offer cakes for sale to everyone but gay couples.

The example of a muslim being required to prepare pork is inappropriate, since the muslim individual would not be discriminating - He doesn't offer pork to anyone! Ditto for any company's offerings.

What discrimination is, is providing a product or service to one customer and refusing to provide an identical product or service to another customer, due to a prejudice against that customer.

Whether an individual or couple would want to continue to seek the services of a company with bigoted, prejudicial views becomes moot after the discrimination. Just as people have been successful in bringing discrimination suits against dining establishments when the eatery refused to serve them due to their racial appearance, gay couples will be able to AND SHOULD sue the bakery that discriminated against them because of their legal union!

• Like 1
It does not look like discrimination to me. Refusing service which would be provided to everyone else is my idea of discrimination. Would a Muslim person be sued for refusing to prepare a whole pig with an apple in its mouth? Would a Jewish person be sued for refusing to prepare a double chesse burger? Why would a Christian be sued for refusing to prepare a cake with 2 guys on top of it?

A company that makes wedding cakes does not have to put two guys on the top of the cake. They can say that they don't do that, because they don't have guy-couple figures to put there. There's no discrimination if the cake company doesn't make a special accomodation that's outside of their usual offerings. However, if they refuse service to a gay couple who will put their own 2 guys on the top of the cake - That's discrimination because they offer cakes for sale to everyone but gay couples.

The example of a muslim being required to prepare pork is inappropriate, since the muslim individual would not be discriminating - He doesn't offer pork to anyone! Ditto for any company's offerings.

What discrimination is, is providing a product or service to one customer and refusing to provide an identical product or service to another customer, due to a prejudice against that customer.

Whether an individual or couple would want to continue to seek the services of a company with bigoted, prejudicial views becomes moot after the discrimination. Just as people have been successful in bringing discrimination suits against dining establishments when the eatery refused to serve them due to their racial appearance, gay couples will be able to AND SHOULD sue the bakery that discriminated against them because of their legal union!

I assume you have a job of somekind?

Gotta agree with you there. Actually, the thread is more about the rights of private business. It's just that the case in question involved a gay couple.

Actually, you're way off target. A business does not have, as evidenced by legal precedents, the right to discriminate, to deny equal treatment to customers. The racial makeup, the social profile, the age - none of these things may be used to deny services or products.

You KNOW the stories from several years ago about diners who discriminated and got sued! Refusing equal treatment based on prejudice isn't just a bad business practice - it's illegal.

If you know a law that allows age, color, racial, or sexual discrimination as (what you call) a "right of business", then state it! I'm betting that you can't!

What could that possibly have to do with anything that has to do with discrimination against people, on the basis of race, age, gender, or sexual identification?

If you are so certain of your argument then you should have no fear answering any question.

Apparently Arizona also believes businesses or individuals shouldn't have to go against their beliefs even if it may be considered discriminatory.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140220arizona-controversial-religion-bill-could-land-brewer-desk.html

The Arizona Legislature has passed a controversial religion bill that is again thrusting Arizona into the national spotlight in a debate over discrimination.

House Bill 2153/Senate Bill 1062, written by the conservative advocacy group Center for Arizona Policy and the Christian legal organization Alliance Defending Freedom, would allow individuals to use religious beliefs as a defense against a lawsuit.

The bill, which was introduced last month and has been described by opponents as discriminatory against gays and lesbians, has drawn national media coverage. Discussion of the bill went viral on social media during the House floor debate Thursday.

Opponents have dubbed it the “right to discriminate” bill and say it could prompt an economic backlash against the state, similar to what they say occurred when the state passed the controversial immigration law Senate Bill 1070 in 2010. 

Proponents argue that the bill is simply a tweak to existing state religious-freedom laws to ensure individuals and businesses are not forced to do something that goes against their beliefs.

<br />Apparently Arizona also believes businesses or individuals shouldn't have to go against their beliefs even if it may be considered discriminatory.<br /><br /><a href='http://www.azcentral.com/news/politics/articles/20140220arizona-controversial-religion-bill-could-land-brewer-desk.html' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://www.azcentral...rewer-desk.html</a><br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

they also don't celebrate Mr Luther King Day, or participate in Daylight Saving Time.

i'm not sure they're actually still part of america....

• Like 1

Actually, you're way off target. A business does not have, as evidenced by legal precedents, the right to discriminate, to deny equal treatment to customers. The racial makeup, the social profile, the age - none of these things may be used to deny services or products.

You KNOW the stories from several years ago about diners who discriminated and got sued! Refusing equal treatment based on prejudice isn't just a bad business practice - it's illegal.

If you know a law that allows age, color, racial, or sexual discrimination as (what you call) a "right of business", then state it! I'm betting that you can't!

I think (???) the diners got sued because they wouldn't hire certain groups of people. I don't think it was because they wouldn't serve them.

Call me silly, but I remember businesses posting signs saying they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and nobody sued. If I were this couple, I'd find another bakery simply so the offending one wouldn't receive any of my business, then start the negative reviews on social media so all my friends knew not to use that business.

• Like 1

If it is a privately owned business, they should be able to.

But then so many want the government to be their mommies and daddies.

It seems to me, that many people are o.k. with discrimination until it happens to them. Snarky comments like people want the government to be their mommies and daddies only reinforce that the people doing the discriminating like things the way they are and they demonize those who speak against it, because they are pissed off people are calling them out on it.

It seems to me, that many people are o.k. with discrimination until it happens to them. Snarky comments like people want the government to be their mommies and daddies only reinforce that the people doing the discriminating like things the way they are and they demonize those who speak against it, because they are pissed off people are calling them out on it.

I am ok with discrimination, it is done everyday by every person in the world.

I don't wish to eat there, it looks dirty.

I don't wish to date that person, they are too old, too young, too fat, too skinny.

I don't wish to buy gas there, the price is too high.

I don't wish to see my aunt, she is always angry.

I don't wish to vote for that person, they do not believe what I believe.

All day, every day, by everyone in the world, discrimination is done.

The word used to be used as a complement.

He has discriminating taste when it comes to, art, books, women, business, etc.

I am not trying demonize anyone or pissed off.

(I would be pissed off at you, but I will never be because you gave me "giant gelatinous ass", you get a free pass for life for that one :) )

I just feel that if you own something, you should have final say on how you use it.

As long as no one is in physical danger.

I think that anyone who is in business who looks at a person's skin color, sexual orientation or other things that do not affect anyone else, more than they look at the color of their money, will not be in business long.

• Like 1

The businesses do have the right to discriminate. However, on the flip-side, the would-be patron has the right to post about the discrimination on the internet, on posters, and tell people if they so choose without retribution. If the business chooses to discriminate they have made their own bed and must sleep in it and see whether or not their business will survive on their beliefs. I, for one, do not discriminate and will not.

• Like 2

I am ok with discrimination, it is done everyday by every person in the world.

I don't wish to eat there, it looks dirty.

I don't wish to date that person, they are too old, too young, too fat, too skinny.

I don't wish to buy gas there, the price is too high.

I don't wish to see my aunt, she is always angry.

I don't wish to vote for that person, they do not believe what I believe.

All day, every day, by everyone in the world, discrimination is done.

The word used to be used as a complement.

He has discriminating taste when it comes to, art, books, women, business, etc.

I am not trying demonize anyone or pissed off.

(I would be pissed off at you, but I will never be because you gave me "giant gelatinous ass", you get a free pass for life for that one :) )

I just feel that if you own something, you should have final say on how you use it.

As long as no one is in physical danger.

I think that anyone who is in business who looks at a person's skin color, sexual orientation or other things that do not affect anyone else, more than they look at the color of their money, will not be in business long.

I agree with 100%.

The businesses do have the right to discriminate. However, on the flip-side, the would-be patron has the right to post about the discrimination on the internet, on posters, and tell people if they so choose without retribution. If the business chooses to discriminate they have made their own bed and must sleep in it and see whether or not their business will survive on their beliefs. I, for one, do not discriminate and will not.

Yes. ^^THIS^^ Yes to all of it!

I agree with 100%.

I am a victim of discrimination all the time.

Every time I hit on some 20 year old cute little gal, they always go, "Gross! You're old enough to be my grandfather!"

That is age discrimination and based on some of their other comments, I am a victim of weight, hair loss and general appearance discrimination.

I have to say it hurts....a lot....and so does that broom my wife beats me with every time she finds out about it.

Which is most of them. (I have to remember not to do that when she is with me)

Hmmm, I just realized, I am a battered husband.

I would tell the wife, but she is currently sweeping the kitchen.

I am a victim of discrimination all the time.

Every time I hit on some 20 year old cute little gal, they always go, "Gross! You're old enough to be my grandfather!"

That is age discrimination and based on some of their other comments, I am a victim of weight, hair loss and general appearance discrimination.

I have to say it hurts....a lot....and so does that broom my wife beats me with every time she finds out about it.

Which is most of them. (I have to remember not to do that when she is with me)

Hmmm, I just realized, I am a battered husband.

I would tell the wife, but she is currently sweeping the kitchen.

lol1.gif

<br />I am a victim of discrimination all the time. <br />Every time I hit on some 20 year old cute little gal, they always go, "Gross! You're old enough to be my grandfather!"<br />That is age discrimination and based on some of their other comments, I am a victim of weight, hair loss and general appearance discrimination. <br />I have to say it hurts....a lot....and so does that broom my wife beats me with every time she finds out about it.<br />Which is most of them. (I have to remember not to do that when she is with me)<br /><br />Hmmm, I just realized, I am a battered husband.<br />I would tell the wife, but she is currently sweeping the kitchen.

You can come and hit on me. It would be cute. :D

So, to some discrimination is OK if it fits their idea of morality. If that idea had have been adhered to, then there would still be black water fountains, blacks on the back of the bus and segregated schools, but I guess that's OK too because they did have a fountain and a bus seat and a school.

Where is the line drawn? A mom and pop own bridal salon and has an over weight woman come in to try on a dress. 'We're sorry, we won't sell you a dress because you're waaaay to big to look good in any of our dresses. Lose some weight and we'll be happy to sell you a dress'. Sounds good. A little person goes into a shoe store for a pair of tall boots, 'I'm sorry, you're legs are too short for tall boots, we don't sell to 'little people', we're a mom and pop store, we can do that'. Cool. A man goes into a lingerie store to buy a nightgown for whatever reason, 'We're sorry sir, we only sell to females, no men, ever'. Good policy.

This gay issue is no different. They went to a place of business, made an order and were refused because of the sexual orientation. As those people, I would NEVER want to do business with someone like that and I would do my absolute very best to make sure everyone I knew, gay and straight, black and white, short and tall, were aware of this businesses discriminatory policies.

Discrimination is never OK and it should not be tolerated. The end.

• Like 1

So, to some discrimination is OK if it fits their idea of morality. If that idea had have been adhered to, then there would still be black water fountains, blacks on the back of the bus and segregated schools, but I guess that's OK too because they did have a fountain and a bus seat and a school.

Where is the line drawn? A mom and pop own bridal salon and has an over weight woman come in to try on a dress. 'We're sorry, we won't sell you a dress because you're waaaay to big to look good in any of our dresses. Lose some weight and we'll be happy to sell you a dress'. Sounds good. A little person goes into a shoe store for a pair of tall boots, 'I'm sorry, you're legs are too short for tall boots, we don't sell to 'little people', we're a mom and pop store, we can do that'. Cool. A man goes into a lingerie store to buy a nightgown for whatever reason, 'We're sorry sir, we only sell to females, no men, ever'. Good policy.

This gay issue is no different. They went to a place of business, made an order and were refused because of the sexual orientation. As those people, I would NEVER want to do business with someone like that and I would do my absolute very best to make sure everyone I knew, gay and straight, black and white, short and tall, were aware of this businesses discriminatory policies.

Your example with schools does not apply. They are taxpayer funded and cannot, by law, discriminate. Same with public transportation.

The discussion is about PRIVATE business. To force them to provide service to anyone and everyone takes their rights and liberties away. We should all consider that side of the coin, and how far we want to go down this slippery slope.

Personally...I fear an oppressive government much more than I do a handful of bigots.

• Like 3

Lets turn the tables and see if you still feel discriminating is never acceptable. Lets say there is a printing company owned by a homosexual couple. Suppose the westboro baptist church went to their place of business and ordered anti - gay banners for their next demonstration. Should the government force them to print these banners if they refuse?

Kevin Williamson hits the nail on the head:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/371633/until-whole-leavened-kevin-d-williamson

8)

I want to make sure that I am not misleading in my opinion.

Yes, I think a private business has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

No, I would not wish to do business with someone who refuses service to people due to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or things along those lines.

But, because I do not wish to do business with them doesn't mean they shouldn't have that right.

As I said in another post, if you are in business and you cut out a portion of your potential customer base due to your prejudices, I think you will soon be out of business.

Let's take the bakery deal.

I believe they have the right to say to anyone, we don't wish to make a cake for you because; you are this sex or that sex, this religion or that religion, this race or that race, this sexual orientation or that sexual orientation, too tall or too short, too fat or too skinny, you get the idea.

BUT, how many of us if we do not fit the excluded group, will have friends, family, neighbors, co-workers or whatever who are in that group?

Most likely all of us and we will not be happy with the bakery and no matter how good the cake is, we will not do business there because of that.

In other words, I say let private business make it's own decision on who they choose serve and let us private citizens make our own decision on who we choose to patronize.

I have faith in the majority of public to do the "right" thing.

• Like 1

Lets turn the tables and see if you still feel discriminating is never acceptable. Lets say there is a printing company owned by a homosexual couple. Suppose the westboro baptist church went to their place of business and ordered anti - gay banners for their next demonstration. Should the government force them to print these banners if they refuse?

Yeah. That's the same thing. WTF?

Yes, I think a private business has the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

No, I would not wish to do business with someone who refuses service to people due to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or things along those lines.

But, because I do not wish to do business with them doesn't mean they shouldn't have that right.

As I said in another post, if you are in business and you cut out a portion of your potential customer base due to your prejudices, I think you will soon be out of business.

I believe they have the right to say to anyone, we don't wish to make a cake for you because; you are this sex or that sex, this religion or that religion, this race or that race, this sexual orientation or that sexual orientation, too tall or too short, too fat or too skinny, you get the idea.

BUT, how many of us if we do not fit the excluded group, will have friends, family, neighbors, co-workers or whatever who are in that group?

Most likely all of us and we will not be happy with the bakery and no matter how good the cake is, we will not do business there because of that.

In other words, I say let private business make it's own decision on who they choose serve and let us private citizens make our own decision on who we choose to patronize.

Oh no no no!! We are not capable of doing anything for ourselves, we need the government to protect us from mean people.

Then I am sure you would never go into Hooters or many other places like that...never seen an older woman waiting tables much less and overweight person....or a man. Heck that goes for many places.. hey do not fly either.

Then I am sure you would never go into Hooters or many other places like that...never seen an older woman waiting tables much less and overweight person....or a man. Heck that goes for many places.. hey do not fly either.

I'm sorry, I not sure what you mean.

I have to fly next week and there will be at least one overweight guy on that plane.

(guess who)

But I do not go to Hooters, unless a customer wants to eat there, I have never been a fan of Hooters.

To me, it is strip club light.

I don't do strip clubs either.

I am not sure if they are demeaning to women, I think that is something a woman would have a better understanding of, but I do think they are demeaning to men.

I hate being looked at as nothing but a $ sign.

I'm sorry, I not sure what you mean.

I have to fly next week and there will be at least one overweight guy on that plane.

(guess who)

But I do not go to Hooters, unless a customer wants to eat there, I have never been a fan of Hooters.

To me, it is strip club light.

I don't do strip clubs either.

I am not sure if they are demeaning to women, I think that is something a woman would have a better understanding of, but I do think they are demeaning to men.

I hate being looked at as nothing but a $ sign.

ted_kennedy_hooters.jpg