Paulding.com

TX Sportscaster's take on Micheal Sam.

BREAKING NEWS:

Homosexuality is NOT contagious.

Sam will NOT be interested in nor sexually attracted to his heterosexual team mates.

His NCAA team mates have known his sexual preference all season. It had NO effect on their treatment toward him on or off the field. It also did not effect his play on the field.

There is NO need for Sam to have his own private or shower.

Jameis Winston, the 2013 Heisman Trophy Winner bought his way out of a rape charge but it won't make any difference come Draft Day. And NEITHER should who Sam sleeps with.

Unless you are Gay or love someone who is and have an understanding relationship with them you can NOT Judge why some (especially those who are in the public eye) chose to make a statement to avoid speculation, rumors and distraction.

Not all homosexuals are flaming.

Gay folks are living all around you. Even in "innocent redneckvlle Paulding County."

• Like 1

His Mizzou teammates knew he was gay. They showered with him. They dressed with him. They practiced with him. They undressed with him. They supported him...none of them were raped...none of them felt uncomfortable enough to out him. Why did he feel the need to announce his sexuality to his Mizzou teammates? Is it not better for someone to come forward and admit it, be open about who they are, than to let rumors spread? Not to mention, there's never been an openly gay player in the NFL. Here you have a top player who knows he's gay...why wouldn't he use this opportunity to break the barrier in the NFL. A fringe prospect couldn't do it. A punter couldn't do it. An extremely talented defensive end can...just like Jackie Robinson couldn't have done it if he had been a mediocre player. He's opening himself up to ridicule by putting his talent against current barriers in the league. What he's doing should be highly commended.

mrnn

• Like 3

As a proud alumni of the University of Missouri, I have some very mixed emotions about all this. First, Michael Sam is what he is. A first team All-American, Defensive Player of the year in the SEC, and soon to be a fellow alumni. I am amazed at his football skills. Most of the offenses he played against double teamed him in their blocking schemes. Interestingly, he was recruited out of a small town in Texas by Mizzou, pretty much a no-name in the recruiting blogs and websites back then. Gary Pinkel and the MU assistants took him to heights nobody thought he could attain. Secondly, I am disturbed about the situation in only one area: The FACT that coaches from other schools who are recruiting the same players as Mizzou will underhandedly deprecate the MU athletic program with snide remarks and negative recruiting. It will be subtle and double entrendre but slimeballs like Steve Spurrier will wear it thin. Yesterday was the 175th anniversary of the founding of MIZZOU.

• Like 2

I just read a story about Michael Sam on one of the MU athletic social media pages. After his "announcement" last August at a team get together, a few days later on the practice field a red-shirt freshman made a comment about Sam. The story goes that it took 4 coaches and about half the defensive squad to keep Mr. Sam from whipping some ass. I imagine that any future NFL teammate who opens his mouth will soon be picking his teeth out of his butt. Unlike the whiney little punk in Miami that Richie Incognito "hazed" and got suspended over, Michael Sam is gonna play some football. I'd like to see him in a Falcon's uniform, He'd have a couple of his former MU teammates to hang out with, Witherspoon and Moore.

• Like 1
<br />His Mizzou teammates knew he was gay.  They showered with him.  They dressed with him.  They practiced with him.  They undressed with him.  They supported him...none of them were raped...none of them felt uncomfortable enough to out him.   Why did he feel the need to announce his sexuality to his Mizzou teammates?  Is it not better for someone to come forward and admit it, be open about who they are, than to let rumors spread?  Not to mention, there's never been an openly gay player in the NFL.  Here you have a top player who knows he's gay...why wouldn't he use this opportunity to break the barrier in the NFL.  A fringe prospect couldn't do it.  A punter couldn't do it.  An extremely talented defensive end can...just like Jackie Robinson couldn't have done it if he had been a mediocre player.  He's opening himself up to ridicule by putting his talent against current barriers in the league.  What he's doing should be highly commended.<br /><br /><br />mrnn<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Jackie Robinson was gay?

<br /><br /><br />

Jackie Robinson was gay?

Now that was funny.

A common football phrase, used to describe a hard tackle, is "stick 'em".

If Sam says he is going to "stick" the quarterback...........

Oh dear, I can think of quite a few other football sayings that may have to be changed.

Teams will be hard pressed to find a good tight end.

<<<duck and cover>>>

<br />I just read a story about Michael Sam on one of the MU athletic social media pages.  After his "announcement" last August at a team get together, a few days later on the practice field a red-shirt freshman made a comment about Sam.  The story goes that it took 4 coaches and about half the defensive squad to keep Mr. Sam from whipping some ass.  I imagine that any future NFL teammate who opens his mouth will soon be picking his teeth out of his butt.  Unlike the whiney little punk in Miami that Richie Incognito and got suspended over,  Michael Sam is gonna play some football.  I'd like to see him in a Falcon's uniform, He'd have a couple of his former MU teammates to hang out  with,  Witherspoon and Moore.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Did you see reports of text between Incognito and "whiney" that were released recently? Put those allegations in an entirely different light.

In the same way that some people put their sexuality on display, others put their sexual hangups/fears and perverse fantasies out there for everyone to see. Speculation about what goes on in showers, locker rooms, and behind closed doors is for those with prurient interests and related fantasies. Maybe the reason they are so quick to make jokes and disparage others is because they have unresolved issues of their own and this is the dysfunctional way they are dealing with them!

• Like 1

In the same way that some people put their sexuality on display, others put their sexual hangups/fears and perverse fantasies out there for everyone to see. Speculation about what goes on in showers, locker rooms, and behind closed doors is for those with prurient interests and related fantasies. Maybe the reason they are so quick to make jokes and disparage others is because they have unresolved issues of their own and this is the dysfunctional way they are dealing with them!

Nah. I just like pissing off stupid people.

• Like 3
<br />In the same way that some people put their sexuality on display, others put their sexual hangups/fears and perverse fantasies out there for everyone to see. Speculation about what goes on in showers, locker rooms, and behind closed doors is for those with prurient interests and related fantasies. Maybe the reason they are so quick to make jokes and disparage others is because they have unresolved issues of their own and this is the dysfunctional way they are dealing with them!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

We know of who ye speak. :lol: