Paulding.com

To all our bus drivers in Paulding......

<br />YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! I am so impressed with how you all dealt with a hard situation.  You did go beyond what your job descriptions call for.  You tried to maneuver those big yellow buses with everyone's children on there including one that had a fight on there.  So here is a shout out to you and all you did on this day.  You all did a great job and tried hard.  To have busloads of kids and be stranded in a ditch is a bit much for anyone to handle.  But I can tell you that you will never forget this day nor will we forget all you went through to get the kids home.<br />
<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /

((((❤️❤️❤️ DITTO ❤️❤️❤️ ))))

I couldn't do a bus driver's job... not even in nice weather. It was very humbling listening to the scanner today... hearing distraught, concerned, loving, heroic drivers that were trying to get "their children" home.

All the bus drivers deserve praise for what that had to do today... but the driver of bus 75 deserves a special shout out. Not only did she get her middle schoolers home, but also her elementary kids, plus she went back to Ragsdale to pick up bus 87's kids... and I saw her go back to the school several more times to pick up even more kids. ABOVE and BEYOND!

• Like 8
<br />I agree. My son's bus driver slid into a ditch on his way to the elementary school. I hope he is ok.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

WOW, I hope so too!!! I realize that being a bus driver can be hectic and thankless, but they didn't ever sign up for this kind of duty. You would hope the the higher ups would think a little further in advance, like 10:30 this morning, and it would have prevented all of the dangerous situations these drivers and kids were thrust into. Completely unacceptable!!

Perhaps they should even get a bigger shout out from the county -- how about a year book dedication....let us not forget those teachers who are, as we speak, watching over our own -- big time dedication should be shown to those who are snuggling in those who cant go home tonight, all the while cannot snuggle in their own. Tonight, teachers and many other school personnel are popping popcorn, raiding other teacher cabinets (with their blessing) for juice boxes, stuffed animals, blankets, snacks, pillows, and whatever they can find. Hopefully some school essential personnel have stayed behind, at least one cafeteria worker to turn on the ovens, to help serve breakfast in the AM, at least one custodian to help with the clean up -- I should think this is a logistical nightmare and think that anyone whos children are still at school will understand and commiserate with the teachers who are left behind to watch over "your children". Prayers also to teachers who had the opportunity to leave and take care of their own children -- it was a touch choice on their part also@@

• Like 2

listening to the scanner yesterday and hearing what these drivers were going through trying to get the kids home, i say Job very well done... I could not have done it....

I appreciated my son's bus driver calling me and giving updates. Granted he is one of only a few on the bus but it was nice to know. After the bus could not get through Hiram and my wife got into Hiram I redirected my wife and the bus so they could meet and she picked him. I'm glad she got into Hiram when she did. The bus did not move for an hour and a half. Another parent walked up to the bus to get their child.

I saw this also, a page has been made to declare Feb. 3rd Teacher/Bus Driver appreciation day in Paulding. I for one will be doing something for my childrens bus drivers even though I only had 1 child ride home on a bus Tuesday. My middle child stayed home sick and my youngest was brought home by a teacher friend, those bus drivers deserve so much for what they did! I was home listening to the scanner and heard some of those drivers and applaud them!!!!