Paulding.com

New Post with just bus info

I have been listening to the scanner with bus drivers. They are so frustrated and scared. One lady with middle schoolers said she has been stuck for 3 hours and 20 minutes and her nerves are shot. One man bus driver stuck near Kroger (not sure what road) with 5 students for 4 hours.asking permission to let kids go in there to go to bathroom.

Several buses calling Base 1 and no one is answering yet. Will update more when I hear it.

Bus 29 something hit door and broke it.

Bus 23 Stuck (unknown road) Deputy said no way to get out. Sounds like he is alone. Asking permission to leave bus there. They said no, stay with bus.

Diabetic on bus...the one told to ask kids for candy and gum.

Stupid people fighting at 287

Bus 206 stuck on Buccannon Circle

Another bus stuck at Gracie Crossing

Bus 223 is near Paulding High School with a load of kids. Been on bus for 4 hours. When she gets there she is letting all out to go to bathroom.

The Brasswell bus has let kids off at the store (?)

One bus near Burnt hickory needing someone to pick up the 11 kids. It's bus 121. Someone is enroute to her now to pick up kids.

Deputy 595 is at Northside Elem to help.

Deputy 753 at 7 hills wreck. All parties swapping info and he is in service

Bus 136 needs help ???

Bus 141 calling base 1

Unknown deputy enroute to unknown bank to pick up more kids.

Deputy 753 said GSP is on scene at wreck on Mulberry Rock.

Unknown bus at Manners Mill asking are we letting elementary kids off at entrance of subdivisons without parents there? Praying!!!!!

After all the trouble to get school dismissed, getting my own kid, and trying to get someplace warm and safe, my guts hurt. Not being able to get to my kid was a bit more than I could handle. I can't even imagine what these parents/drivers are going through.If one kid gets hurt because of this weather......

Near S Paulding High school deputies heading to a man in a car with a child with ashma (I wish I knew how to spell sorry.

Unknown area bus stuck. Deputy told him to drive up hill to see if he could break up ice. He tried rolled down hill and hit another bus. No students involved. Knocked mirrors off both buses.

Bus 61 (I think) is stuck on Paul Aikin Road with 6 students on board.

Bus 14 stuck with 4 kids on board unknown location.

Bus 72 is stuck on Due West near 92 behind traffic that can't get up hill. She had 3 students still on bus from Heritage Subdivision.

Unknown all students still on bus and he is stuck behind a wreck on Old Cartersville Rd.

Deptuties are called to for a stroke call at 77 Mill Drive (not bus related)

I was listening about a half hour ago -- ALL the bus drivers are heroes of course, but have to give a lot of credit to the bus driver who didnt ASK if she could stop, she TOLD THEM she was going to stop at Paulding Hospital, she had been on the bus for over FOUR hours, everyone needed to use the facilities. Super-smart bus driver in my opinion!! Hospitals are considered "safe places", and she took the bull by the horns and made an executive decision!! I would wish for this to be my childs bus driver!!! (Before I get blasted that the bus drivers have to abide by very strict rules...I get that, but sometimes you have to make a decision and stick with it!!) Good for her!!

• Like 5

Deputy 3605 enroute to Poole Elementary ref bus with special needs.

Bus 102 had 12 students on board. Waiting on parents. She is behind the finance company on 92. I didn't get name of road.

One bus Ukn # made it back to fueling station. Praise the Lord.

Now the missing kid reports are starting.

Bus 165 is rolling a little.

NOT Bus related: Accident with entrapment on 61 at Mt Mirah.

Edited by Mrs. Jack Russell

Bus 271 still stuck on Old Cartersville road with all the high school kids on it. 2 other buses stuck with him.

Bus 269 parent asking where bus 246 is, said delivered kids back to ???

The bus that had to stop at Paulding High School is back on the road heading to Bartlett Square. She said Paulding High School is letting kids come in and go to bathroom and eat a snack and calming them down.

I got knocked off pcom. so some of this is 10 min old.

A wreck at Cedarcrest at 7 hills 2 cars wrecked that has blocked 2 buses.

Bus 231 on Cumberland _________Drive most kids walked home. 2 kids are stuck on bus on Brooks Side.

Davis Mill Road kids stuck on bus

61 at unknown location 6 kids stuck on bus

NON Bus Related 278 from Mt. Olivet to Pine Valley Bridge Closed

S.O. is getting help from people to get the students home. He said it's getting dark and we still have kids on buses.

My last post. I guess I should be a paying member. Anyway...

Bus 271 with kids from North Paulding is moving now on Old Cartersville Road headed back to school. 2 students opened emergency door and left on foot. Bus driver has names and will write them up. He has no other thing he can do. Bless his heart.

A deputy is taking 3 kids home. 2 are handicapped. Unknown from where.

Report of 18 wheeler blocking both lanes of 61 at Windall

I'm going to go play with my doggy in the snow. I am praying that all the bus drivers and kids get home safe!!!!

My last post. I guess I should be a paying member. Anyway...

Bus 271 with kids from North Paulding is moving now on Old Cartersville Road headed back to school. 2 students opened emergency door and left on foot. Bus driver has names and will write them up. He has no other thing he can do. Bless his heart.

A deputy is taking 3 kids home. 2 are handicapped. Unknown from where.

Report of 18 wheeler blocking both lanes of 61 at Windall

I'm going to go play with my doggy in the snow. I am praying that all the bus drivers and kids get home safe!!!!

Mrs Jack Russell... It has nothing to do with you being a paid or not paid member. The traffic is just high and even I am having a time getting the posting page.

And I really do want to thank you so much for your reports.

pubby

As a Paulding bus driver I can tell you that it was truly nasty out there. I had an officer take the one child from my bus so that I could travel down the steep hill on 61 north. He then returned the child to me. After sitting for 1 hour and 30 minutes without moving I took my children back to the elementary school. I was very uneasy about the road conditions and being responsible for those children, I felt the safest place for them was NOT on a bus!!!

• Like 4