Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
LPPT

Bad intersections and very slick roads*wrecks*

This is a small portion of the wrecks they just called out on the scanner. I could only catch every third road name.

harmony church

120/92

pace rd

61/pine shadows

metromont rd

glen eagle's way

goldmine rd

hiram sudie

120/101

bakers bridge rd

scoggins rd

mulberry rock rd

corn store rd

dallas nebo rd

I cut through saddlebrook farms and saw several cars having trouble getting up a rather small hill because they couldn't get traction.

And if you live in Darby Farms, the whole neighborhood is covered so be careful.

Can we call the DOT and ask that they come salt certain areas?

hwy 278 west completely shut down,

the scanner is is blowing up!! there is more wrecks than officers on duty at this time..278 blocked two large trucks stuck on hill at bill carruth

My husband left work at 12:10 and hasn't gotten to Marietta Square yet.

(Normally takes about 10 minutes to the square)

Dead stopped traffic and wrecks, cars spun out eastbound.

Wrecks and ice everywhere.

the scanner is is blowing up!! there is more wrecks than officers on duty at this time..278 blocked two large trucks stuck on hill at bill carruth

One poor bus driver has reported unruly kids on the bus and needs assistance asap. Didn't hear which one.

Too many school buses stuck, I did hear Allgood hasn't been picked up yet.

I am told that they are not releasing the car riders at Nebo because all of the busses aren't there yet.

Get the kids out of there so they can get home!! The longer they wait, the worse it gets.

if you can click on link i posted, it is paulding and the scanner is going crazy

278 all of hiram police dept report to 278

just jeard buses are haulted for the north complex bc they cant make it to the school due to dangerous conditions.

school buses stuck on hills

wow.... what a mess

calling tow trucks for school buses

North Paulding dismissed around 11:30. Kids are stuck in their cars on all roads around the school due to traffic/road conditions. Have no idea how they are going to get home.

the scanner also has school bus drivers reporting, wreck at hiram sudie, and davis mill, kids wanting to get off of bus, to walk home. since bus is stuck there what a mess..... these poor bus drivers

This is a small portion of the wrecks they just called out on the scanner. I could only catch every third road name.

harmony church

120/92

pace rd

61/pine shadows

metromont rd

glen eagle's way

goldmine rd

hiram sudie

120/101

bakers bridge rd

scoggins rd

mulberry rock rd

corn store rd

dallas nebo rd

where on Hiram Sudie, please??? Also, what about Bill Carruth at Ballentine? Any issues besides school?

Edited by Curious Scorpio

hiram sudie and davis mill is one wreck there are several wrecks in that area

My daughter has been trying to get home from Marietta and travelling down 41 North. She sat at the light to turn onto 92 for 45 minutes. It's bad folks! She is still trying to get down 92 heading towards the Cedarcrest intersection. Prayers to all ya'll trying to get home!!

bob hunton road bus slid in back of car when the car wrecked infornt of bus, bus is full of kids

Tried to make it to work at 12 from Morningside dr to Brownsville. Barely made it to pine valley rd and made my hubby come get me. Im pregnant and almost spun out in a pickup truck on 92 it freaked me out. On the way back home saw two cars slide into ditches face first. The rd was clear when I left my house yea not anymore. And they are still trying to get me to come into work. Everyone be careful!!! Im not leaving again until the weekend lol. Im from southwest Florida. Never driven in this stuff. It sucks.

hiram sudie and davis mill is one wreck there are several wrecks in that area

Thanks. I am concerned about Hiram Sudie and Bill Carruth. Always a bad intersection anyway. Hubby and son on their way home from work across from Hardy Chev. and still have not gotten here. They are stuck in traffic and can't see much in front of them. They left work at 11:55!!

If i was a bus driver i would be marching my butt to the BOE and ask them what the heck were they thinking sending these kids to school, knowing that the weather was gonna be bad...

These poor bus drivers

bus stuck on hwy 92, and popular road,

• Like 1

Hubby is stuck in traffic on Bakers Bridge. He can't see ahead and does not know what is up ahead. Guess there is an accident or two. Hope he can make it home tonight.....

bus could not get up a hill, started sliding, and slid in to car behind him kids on bus

My Ex is trying to get up 92 from Hiram to Dobbins Middle. He is stuck in traffic and cannot get daughter. Anyone know why?

My husband is stuck over there as well. He just saw a bus collide with a jeep bus #67. Kids on bus...waiting for more updates but he has been stuck on 92 for over an hour

Lake romina bus stuck

kids asking for blankets on buses that are stuck

From Paulding County Sheriff's Office, via their FB Page: Road conditions in Paulding County are treacherous, please drive extremely slow and if you do not have to get on the roads, stay home please.

where on Hiram Sudie, please??? Also, what about Bill Carruth at Ballentine? Any issues besides school?

I'm not sure, sorry. The dispatcher came on and listed all of the calls they had very quickly at the time. The only specific mention of Bill Carruth that I caught was about 278 at Bill Carruth.

there are so many calls coming in that the police can not handle them

61 is stopped. I don't know exactly where I am but I was coming from cartersville and haven't reached old cartersville road yet. There is a wreck of some sort.

brakes not holding on a bus that is stuck on a hill,

18 wheeler over turned in front of pickets mill sub

traffic back up in front of merle's bbq hwy 61

Douglas County school teacher here......still at school. We don't dismiss until 2:40! :(

Kudos to the school systems that got it right!!!

Edited by icare
  • Like 1

bus can not get down nebo road

one bus driver eagle point sub. he just said he was not trying to move that bus any more, he has a load of kids someone better get out there and get the kids.. he tried to make it up the hill and slid all the way back down

The bus drivers are getting frustrated they are stuck in traffic, or stuck at the bottom of hills, and the kids are getting cold

davis mill buses stuck cars stuck on hill

nebo road blocked bus stuck on waters road

bus sitting side ways on 278 people trying to help move the bus

returning some students to Bagget driver could not make it

Douglas County school teacher here......still at school. We don't dismiss until 2:40! :(

Kudos to the school systems that got it right!!!

I agree but I will also say paulding was NOT one of the schools that got it right

hwy 92 and 278 parking lots as of now

deputy said all roads in county are like parking lots

• Like 1

are they going to resalt the main roads? I saw a pick of dallas hwy on FB and you can't even see the lanes!

My husband is on his way home from Alpharetta right now and I'm worried about it.

How awful for the kids and the bus drivers. I picked my kids up at 11:45 and roads were already bad at that point. Thanks for the updates LR

Up here in Snow covered land we have a rule we follow. No salt trucks out, no car out of the driveway. Walk or 4 wheel but no other.

<br />are they going to resalt the main roads? I saw a pick of dallas hwy on FB and you can't even see the lanes!<br /><br />My husband is on his way home from Alpharetta right now and I'm worried about it.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Tell him to get a hotel room, not worth the drive is no salt trucks. Not worth the issues from a wrecked vehicle not to mention the safety issues.

• Like 1

Venoy Akin road bus stuck on hwy 61

my gawd.... these poor bus drivers.....

my aunt that works on 278/bill carruth has been trying to get home for 2 hours she lives on nebo

I agree but I will also say paulding was NOT one of the schools that got it right

hwy 92 and 278 parking lots as of now

deputy said all roads in county are like parking lots

I agree....the only ones that got it right are the ones that told their kids and teachers to stay home!