Paulding.com

I, too, have health insurance now. UPDATED

Not sure how you would go about forgoing Social Security. Oh, and this year it will be probably $250 over since he got a small raise in his benefit.

They did say they could help with premiums for those with low income. If you're $228 over for the year, maybe you could forgo that small amount? Sounds like that would be a net gain.

Feelip, if anyone bit you anywhere, they'd get a big mouthful of ASS.

But seriously, take your best shot at disproving what I said. If you stay with the truth, you will fail.

Coming from you Mr. Bedwetter, I consider that a compliment.

Your president has released the insurance companies on the American people. Either this Obamacare debacle will be changed or the middle class of this country will be bankrupt or without healthcare. Anyone that thinks Obama has accomplished ANYTHING for the middle class is a damn fool.

• Like 6

Coming from you Mr. Bedwetter, I consider that a compliment.

Your president has released the insurance companies on the American people. Either this Obamacare debacle will be changed or the middle class of this country will be bankrupt or without healthcare. Anyone that thinks Obama has accomplished ANYTHING for the middle class is a damn fool.

If you love what the Republicans designed for Romneycare and Obamacare and Heritage Foundationcare, just keep voting for the Republicans. The ACA is what could be be pushed on the Democrats so we could get a minor step for reform.

It is astounding that the fact that Obamacare is what Republicans forced on the Democrats and so many voters are completely unaware of the facts. They made dupes of Republican voters by designing this deal which is way too friendly to insurance companies, then voting against it as if they were not the main architects of this fiscally wrongheaded plan, then blame Dems for what Republicans did. Republicans got what they wanted, knew it was inferior to many existing single-payer systems, and were then able to blame Democrats for what they forced on Massachusetts and then the whole country.

How do you account for the same thing existing years before Obama ran for the Presidency? It passed in Massachusetts because their Republican governor would never sign any law containing the best answer: single-payer.

Anyone who won't face these undeniable facts continues to be incompetent when they talk about the subject.

But seriously, again, take your best shot at disproving any of these facts.

BTW, Romney/Heritage Foundation/Obama Care will likely ultimately work better than what we've done before. And the ignorance of Republican voters will continue to let Republicans get away with blaming Democrats for Romney Care even though it was forced onto Massachusetts by its Republican governor years before most people had even heard of Barack Obama.

• Like 2

And TP, you're a pathetic person to derive pleasure from the fact that a conservative (or anyone else for that matter) is not getting the benefits that WE, as citizens of the United States, were PROMISED by a man running for the highest office in the country. You, TP, of all people should feel shame that people aren't getting treated as they were PROMISED, regardless of their political leanings. If indeed you derive pleasure from that or you don't feel shame about it happening, then you are no better than those you seem to hate. And in fact, you may be worse than those you seem to hate.

This post X 10000! First sentence couldn't be more spot on.

If you love what the Republicans designed for Romneycare and Obamacare and Heritage Foundationcare, just keep voting for the Republicans. The ACA is what could be be pushed on the Democrats so we could get a minor step for reform.

It is astounding that the fact that Obamacare is what Republicans forced on the Democrats and so many voters are completely unaware of the facts. They made dupes of Republican voters by designing this deal which is way too friendly to insurance companies, then voting against it as if they were not the main architects of this fiscally wrongheaded plan, then blame Dems for what Republicans did. Republicans got what they wanted, knew it was inferior to many existing single-payer systems, and were then able to blame Democrats for what they forced on Massachusetts and then the whole country.

How do you account for the same thing existing years before Obama ran for the Presidency? It passed in Massachusetts because their Republican governor would never sign any law containing the best answer: single-payer.

Anyone who won't face these undeniable facts continues to be incompetent when they talk about the subject.

But seriously, again, take your best shot at disproving any of these facts.

BTW, Romney/Heritage Foundation/Obama Care will likely ultimately work better than what we've done before. And the ignorance of Republican voters will continue to let Republicans get away with blaming Democrats for Romney Care even though it was forced onto Massachusetts by its Republican governor years before most people had even heard of Barack Obama.

Do you guys EVER accept ANY responsibility for ANYTHING?

Blaming Bush got so stupid that even you Democrats didn't believe it so now you start blaming Romney.

This is how it works. No matter who did what, Obama was driving the bus when it went down. This one belongs to the Demos.

• Like 4

I just don't understand all the fuss about not qualifying for Medicaid??? It has always been my understanding that you couldn't qualify for Medicaid if you owned something, like a house, with equity in it. Since you have been very vocal about buying your house in FL and paying cash for it, I would assume that would keep you from qualifying.

Just like in the case of a deadbeat dad and the mother has to draw welfare, food stamps and has the kids on Medicaid--the state will eventually go after the deadbeat dad for that money. They might not get it--but they do go after them. I have seen it numerous times.

There again, that was exactly why those folks I know never bought a house and rented in PCB. The wife had some serious medical problems and by not owning property and the husband drawing a pension and working part time--she qualified for the Medicaid. Working the system?? Yes, but we all know that folks do it.

Blaming Bush got so stupid that even you Democrats didn't believe it so now you start blaming Romney.

This is how it works. No matter who did what, Obama was driving the bus when it went down. This one belongs to the Demos.

Kinda like how everything is blamed on Carter and Clinton. I've read that on here sooooooo many times.

• Like 1

I never mentioned Bush. I noticed you have no truthful reply to the reality that "Obamacare" existed in a state with a Republican governor (and ONLY because the Republican governor would never sign a fiscally more efficient single-payer system into law) before any of us had even heard of Barack Obama.

If we had what Democrats would have done without the attempt at bipartisanship with the two-faced Republicans liar scumbags, we would have something more fiscally sound that would provide less expensive pretty universal coverage. If you want to hear extreme hysterics, just try to get Republicans to get on-board with fiscally efficient deficit reducing single-payer. Good luck.

We would NEVER have ended up with Romneycare or Obamacare except for the Republican assholes not letting anything else have even minimal consideration... in Massachusetts (many years before Obama was even a candidate) or getting by the 3 Republicans in the "Gang of Six" committee that put together the ACA (with almost nothing the Democrats wanted.)

They sure did pull a hat trick getting what they wanted and then duping suckers into believing they had nothing to do with it.

Truth should matter even if you are a Republican.

I never mentioned Bush. I noticed you have no truthful reply to the reality that "Obamacare" existed in a state with a Republican governor (and ONLY because the Republican governor would never sign a fiscally more efficient single-payer system into law) before any of us had even heard of Barack Obama.

If we had what Democrats would have done without the attempt at bipartisanship with the two-faced Republicans liar scumbags, we would have something more fiscally sound that would provide less expensive pretty universal coverage. If you want to hear extreme hysterics, just try to get Republicans to get on-board with fiscally efficient deficit reducing single-payer. Good luck.

We would NEVER have ended up with Romneycare or Obamacare except for the Republican assholes not letting anything else have even minimal consideration... in Massachusetts (many years before Obama was even a candidate) or getting by the 3 Republicans in the "Gang of Six" committee that put together the ACA (with almost nothing the Democrats wanted.)

They sure did pull a hat trick getting what they wanted and then duping suckers into believing they had nothing to do with it.

Sorry, can't play right now. I have work to do. Oh, sorry I used the "W" word with you. 8)

Ain't nobody buying what you're selling.

:nea:

• Like 3

Kinda like how everything is blamed on Carter and Clinton. I've read that on here sooooooo many times.

Yeah, like Carter didn't have it coming. What an absolute waste of oxygen that guy is.

BTW, I think Clinton was okay. He chased tail, smoked cigars and played golf and for the most part stayed out of my business.

The only negative things people tend to associate with Clinton are NAFTA and the expansion of the Affordable Housing program. Those are pretty much it. Hell I even voted for him. But you can not deny that those two things by themselves have done much to cause our current problems but no Dem will accept it. And again I did vote for him and I suppprted Carter as well. But when your guy does something wrong and it can not be desputed you really SHOULD admit those faults.

See, that's why I don't understand them telling me I *could* qualify for it if I know good and well I don't qualify, even if I qualified based on income, which I don't. Their decision that I "could" qualify is totally pointless. Even Medicaid said I COULDN'T qualify. Apparently, if the health insurance market place says you "could" qualify for Medicaid, you don't get a subsidy. But it's impossible to tell since the letter I got doesn't say WHY I don't get one just that I don't. And the reps at the HIMP aren't any help. It's like an endless loop.

I just don't understand all the fuss about not qualifying for Medicaid??? It has always been my understanding that you couldn't qualify for Medicaid if you owned something, like a house, with equity in it. Since you have been very vocal about buying your house in FL and paying cash for it, I would assume that would keep you from qualifying.

Just like in the case of a deadbeat dad and the mother has to draw welfare, food stamps and has the kids on Medicaid--the state will eventually go after the deadbeat dad for that money. They might not get it--but they do go after them. I have seen it numerous times.

There again, that was exactly why those folks I know never bought a house and rented in PCB. The wife had some serious medical problems and by not owning property and the husband drawing a pension and working part time--she qualified for the Medicaid. Working the system?? Yes, but we all know that folks do it.

So in other words because Republicans nixed what the Democrats wanted to do, even though the Democrats wanted to implement a "Republican" plan, we got something that is mean spirited, biased, a complete cluster **ck and not working? Hmmmm. Sounds about right. If you're a 2nd grader on the playground and someone hurts your feelings.dry.gif

That's why except for the fact that I wanted to vote in the primary and had to choose a party when I registered to vote, I would have chosen NO PARTY AFFILIATION when I registered. I say we throw every one of those SOBs out of office--Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents. If they are in Congress now, they shouldn't be after the next election REGARDLESS. They ALL have let down their constituents. But they have helped their supporters--insurance companies. Take a look at insurance company stocks the last 3 years. Somebody is making money and somebody will continue to make money. Insurance companies are going to get as much, if not more income now and have much more profits because the insured has to pay so much more of their health care expense before the insurance company pays A DIME.

I voted for Clinton as well. First time he ran, not the second time.

Interesting story on the Affordable Housing program, too. That began during Carter's administration. Along the way between the late 1970s and around 2006-2008 when the program really started to cause problems with so many foreclosures, both Republican presidents tried to bring it into a more reasonable program with more oversight and regulation. Turned out the banks and mortgage companies had pretty much bought off the regulators.

The only negative things people tend to associate with Clinton are NAFTA and the expansion of the Affordable Housing program. Those are pretty much it. Hell I even voted for him. But you can not deny that those two things by themselves have done much to cause our current problems but no Dem will accept it. And again I did vote for him and I suppprted Carter as well. But when your guy does something wrong and it can not be desputed you really SHOULD admit those faults.

You want to talk about burdensome costs? My insurance is around $800/mo on a GROUP plan provided by my employer. I have no health problems or pre-existing conditions and have filed fewer than a dozen claims over 26 years, most of them for serious injuries and a few times because I was very ill (flu/virus/kidney stones). None of them excessive in terms of cost to the insurer as compared to claims filed by people with chronic health problems.

Even when I was young, healthy and didn't use my insurance, the premium was more than $400 per month. I work for a true small business with 3 or fewer full time employees. We could rent a second office for the cost of health insurance for a single employee. The ACA might not be the solution, but the existing system is no better (and in my case, worse) than the attempted fix.

What we need is less politics, more government; until everyone recognizes that fact (and that all politicians are equally responsible for the sorry mess) we are just screwed. Period.

The bickering/blaming/complaining is pointless and counterproductive.

• Like 2

I totaled up what my insurance paid on claims and what I paid on claims last year. I didn't include the premiums. I paid more than twice as much as my insurance did. Not only that, one thing I was going to do was going to cost me MORE if I filed the insurance. I also didn't include that in my figures either.

And this was a normal year. Most years we wouldn't meet a family deductible of $1500. It's rare either of us go to the doctor, basically when we're sick (like you can get my husband to go when he's sick). We've been covered by health insurance since 1991. Continuously insured except for five months in 2010 into 2011 when I didn't have coverage. Only three times in all those years did we meet the deductible.

I completely believe you that you could rent an office for the cost of health insurance for one employee. It's ridiculous what small businesses have to pay for health insurance.

You want to talk about burdensome costs? My insurance is around $800/mo on a GROUP plan provided by my employer. I have no health problems or pre-existing conditions and have filed fewer than a dozen claims over 26 years, most of them for serious injuries and a few times because I was very ill (flu/virus/kidney stones). None of them excessive in terms of cost to the insurer as compared to claims filed by people with chronic health problems.

Even when I was young, healthy and didn't use my insurance, the premium was more than $400 per month. I work for a true small business with 3 or fewer full time employees. We could rent a second office for the cost of health insurance for a single employee. The ACA might not be the solution, but the existing system is no better (and in my case, worse) than the attempted fix.

What we need is less politics, more government; until everyone recognizes that fact (and that all politicians are equally responsible for the sorry mess) we are just screwed. Period.

The bickering/blaming/complaining is pointless and counterproductive.

The thing that really gripes me about this is the fact that I, as a citizen of the US was PROMISED that I would not have to pay more than a certain percentage of my income for health insurance. We were PROMISED subsidies to help pay for health insurance if your income fell below a certain amount, something like $94,000 for a family of four. Well, we're a family of two and have an income of less than half of what the limit is for a family of two. I am not even asking for Medicaid (I'll apply just so I can have proof that I don't qualify). I am only asking for what was PROMISED to me as a citizen of the USA. Nothing more, nothing less.

And nothing has ever been said about you only get this subsidy if you have less than X amount in assets. It is based on income. So whether I have $1000 in assets or $1 million in assets shouldn't matter.

It's just frustrating to be promised something and then not get it, especially when it was a public promise to millions of people. It was a promise to the citizens regardless of their political views. It was meant to help people but somehow I, for one, have been hurt by this attempt at helping. I am positive I am not the only one in that position, too.

Whether or not I can afford to dip into savings to pay for the insurance is irrelevant. The public was told something that obviously, for some at least, simply is not being found as true.

This is really no different than a soldier being promised benefits after military service, an employee being promised a paycheck after working or a spouse being promised faithfulness. The promise has been broken. The trust has been lost.

And let me say that I am getting the insurance in spite of the fact that I am not subject to a penalty if I choose not to get it. I'll pay roughly $12,000 for $50,000+ surgery and then probably turn around and do the same thing next year. I do get a huge benefit from it. I just find it disgusting that a promise has been so publicly made and so privately broken.

Yeah, like Carter didn't have it coming. What an absolute waste of oxygen that guy is.

BTW, I think Clinton was okay. He chased tail, smoked cigars and played golf and for the most part stayed out of my business.

Saw this on facebook yesterday. :rofl:

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/p480x480/483113_10151246356554100_127358551_n.jpg

• Like 1

The thing that really gripes me about this is the fact that I, as a citizen of the US was PROMISED that I would not have to pay more than a certain percentage of my income for health insurance. We were PROMISED subsidies to help pay for health insurance if your income fell below a certain amount, something like $94,000 for a family of four. Well, we're a family of two and have an income of less than half of what the limit is for a family of two. I am not even asking for Medicaid (I'll apply just so I can have proof that I don't qualify). I am only asking for what was PROMISED to me as a citizen of the USA. Nothing more, nothing less.

And nothing has ever been said about you only get this subsidy if you have less than X amount in assets. It is based on income. So whether I have $1000 in assets or $1 million in assets shouldn't matter.

It's just frustrating to be promised something and then not get it, especially when it was a public promise to millions of people. It was a promise to the citizens regardless of their political views. It was meant to help people but somehow I, for one, have been hurt by this attempt at helping. I am positive I am not the only one in that position, too.

Whether or not I can afford to dip into savings to pay for the insurance is irrelevant. The public was told something that obviously, for some at least, simply is not being found as true.

This is really no different than a soldier being promised benefits after military service, an employee being promised a paycheck after working or a spouse being promised faithfulness. The promise has been broken. The trust has been lost.

And let me say that I am getting the insurance in spite of the fact that I am not subject to a penalty if I choose not to get it. I'll pay roughly $12,000 for $50,000+ surgery and then probably turn around and do the same thing next year. I do get a huge benefit from it. I just find it disgusting that a promise has been so publicly made and so privately broken.

Write your governor....sounds like this one falls on him.

mrnn

Why write him? He can't make me qualify for something I don't qualify for. I wouldn't qualify for it ANYWAY even if the program had expanded. Besides, he didn't promise I would only have to pay no more than 8% of my income for health insurance. He is not the one who made the promise.

I support the governors who opted not to expand the Medicaid program. 1000% I support them in that decision.

I just want what was promised BY the president, TO the citizens. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, maybe dinner and a movie since I'm getting screwed.

Write your governor....sounds like this one falls on him.

mrnn

Why write him? He can't make me qualify for something I don't qualify for. I wouldn't qualify for it ANYWAY even if the program had expanded. Besides, he didn't promise I would only have to pay no more than 8% of my income for health insurance. He is not the one who made the promise.

I support the governors who opted not to expand the Medicaid program. 1000% I support them in that decision.

I just want what was promised BY the president, TO the citizens. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, maybe dinner and a movie since I'm getting screwed.

Just like they took the COLA away from the VETS. They broke that promise.

Exactly. It sucks to have something promised and then that promise be broken.

When I still had 3 kids at home I read a lot about child raising. Everything I read said "don't make a promise you can't keep". I've tried to do that, not just with my kids but with everyone. It's a shame our government can't do the same.

Just like they took the COLA away from the VETS. They broke that promise.

• Like 1

Let me see if I can explain the issue of medicaid and why the states that refused it derailed the reform.

Lets start with where we were at.

Less than 50% of the population had private insurance. It was a viscous circle of insurance rates going up so less people bought it and it caused the prices to go up even further. Most of the people actually purchasing it were middle class and up. These are also the people that were being taxed for medicaid.

Simply put the middle class was shrinking and could no longer carry the burden.

So 1/2 the population was paying for the other 1/2 that contributed nothing not a penny. The hospitals and healthcare facilities had no choice but to milk every dime they could from insurance and medicaid.

The issue was to get as much money as possible to the actual healthcare system. What if everyone paid something in? How do you get money from every individual into the system and take the burden off of the 50%

If x amount of money from each individual goes into the system the prices start dropping drastically.

How do you assure that the prices of private insurance start dropping when cost go down? You limit the insurance companies profit margin so they are forced to offer lower and lower rates making it more affordable to those making far less money.

You now face the problem of everyone paying in. You allow medicaid to pay in for them for 2 years until the rates get low enough that all but the poorest can pay in.

The medicaid boost was always intended to be temporary.

In the states that rejected it the people paying for private insurance are still in the same boat.

:pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

And in those states, the ones on Medicaid are still in the same boat.

Bottom line is you get X number of people paying into the system who wouldn't otherwise have, you increase profits. If everyone has to meet a deductible of say $6000 before insurance pays the first penny, then the profits go up as well. Covering preventive medicine is much cheaper than covering treatment, which the patient has to pay the first $6000 of anyway.

And how many people really have done the math to realize that a $6000 a year deductible per person comes out to be $500 a MONTH. Having done tax returns since 1995 I can pretty much count on one hand how many people whose returns I have done have paid $6000 in medical expense in a year (not counting health insurance which if deducted from your pay pre-tax is not deductible). I would think insurance companies know this.

In 2013 I had a small deductible. $1500 I believe. Yet again, I did not meet that and I STILL paid more for my health care than my insurance company did. The only good thing about what I'm getting as far as insurance now is that once I pay my $6250 deductible, the insurance will cover it 100%. That deductible will vanish very quickly once I have that surgery.

In the states that rejected it the people paying for private insurance are still in the same boat.

:pardon: :pardon: :pardon:

Just got off the phone from making my first payment. Just under $500 for the month. And it looks like it may be effective February 1. I was told it would not be effective until March 1 but if that were the case, I don't know why my first month's premium would be due by February 3.

While I'm not happy about any of this because it hasn't turned out as promised, I am happy with the plan I have chosen. My doctors are on there and the plan pays pretty well, considering I have to pay the first $6250 before insurance will pay anything.

<br />Just got off the phone from making my first payment.  Just under $500 for the month.  And it looks like it may be effective February 1.  I was told it would not be effective until March 1 but if that were the case, I don't know why my first month's premium would be due by February 3.<br /><br />While I'm not happy about any of this because it hasn't turned out as promised, I am happy with the plan I have chosen.  My doctors are on there and the plan pays pretty well, considering I have to pay the first $6250 before insurance will pay anything.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Be sure to send a thank you note to Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and Obama.