Paulding.com

I, too, have health insurance now. UPDATED

Could never get any help about verifying my identity so I could use the healthcare.gov site so I called the Health Insurance Market Place.

I now have health insurance effective February 1, 2014.

And it will only cost me $496.00 a month.  I also have to pay $6250.00 deductible before the insurance pays a penny.

Yep, you read that correctly.  Our total income a year is roughly $22,000 through my husband's Social Security disability, I don't work (not sure I can now due to several issues and the need for surgery which will put me out of commission for 3-6 months) and I don't qualify for a tax credit to help pay for the insurance.

Ain't life grand?

A friend of mine's son (they live in PCB) was given a number for him to call about insurance. He goes to school at Haney and works part time as a cook. He was told that he could get insurance for almost free because of his income. I am waiting to find out how it turns out.

The letter I got says I COULD be eligible for free or low cost health insurance through Medicaid. But I'm not. Our income is $228 a year too much. I already know that.

I attempted to try again on the Florida Medicaid site to see if I was eligible and the site encountered an internal server error on the last page! It wasn't working at all last night.

I think I'm going to appeal the ineligibility decision. It just seems wrong that someone with limited income can't get the "tax credit".

A friend of mine's son (they live in PCB) was given a number for him to call about insurance. He goes to school at Haney and works part time as a cook. He was told that he could get insurance for almost free because of his income. I am waiting to find out how it turns out.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the premiums people are supposed to pay. My SIL makes about $27,000.00 per year and the 'exchange' rate for just him and my daughter, no kids, is $647.00 a month. WTH??????????????

I have a confession to make, I have tried and tried to give Obama the benefit of the doubt and support him as our President. But if the buck really stops with him and not with the buffoon, idiots he put to work on this program, I'm hard pressed to continue to support him. AND I HATE THAT because I really believed that he could change things, He!!, I thought anyone could change things for the better, but this debacle is one of the worst ideas to come down the pike in long time. If it had have been implemented properly or a different idea had been cultivated maybe this would have worked, but this is a mess.

And I thank my lucky stars that it hasn't effected Hubbys ins at all. Our premium went down, we have a $25.00 dr co pay, a $50.00 hospital co pay and almost everything else is covered at 100% with a $250.00 deductible for the three of us on the policy. I feel guilty sometimes because we have good ins.

Edited by momof 3
  • Like 1

The letter I got says I COULD be eligible for free or low cost health insurance through Medicaid. But I'm not. Our income is $228 a year too much. I already know that.

I attempted to try again on the Florida Medicaid site to see if I was eligible and the site encountered an internal server error on the last page! It wasn't working at all last night.

I think I'm going to appeal the ineligibility decision. It just seems wrong that someone with limited income can't get the "tax credit".

I think one of the catches on Medicaid is that you can own NOTHING (which it should be if you are getting government help). I know of some folks that live in FL and only rent so they can qualify for stuff like that. Some folks always know a way to beat the system. :ninja:

Could never get any help about verifying my identity so I could use the healthcare.gov site so I called the Health Insurance Market Place.

And it will only cost me $496.00 a month. I also have to pay $6250.00 deductible before the insurance pays a penny.

Yep, you read that correctly. Our total income a year is roughly $22,000 through my husband's Social Security disability, I don't work (not sure I can now due to several issues and the need for surgery which will put me out of commission for 3-6 months) and I don't qualify for a tax credit to help pay for the insurance.

Ain't life grand?

So if you charge that deductible onto an 18% per year cardand pay it back over the course of a year then your payments really come up to be 500 + 565 or $1065 per month. Including interest. And then you het to make copays with the coverage amounts.

Unfortunately looks like Florida like Georgia did not expand their medicaid program. This leaves the very low income that make too much for regular medicaid without insurance subsidies that make Obamacare affordable. It is so crazy.

I could tell you exactly what Obama is but I would be banned from this site eternally. And probably get a visit from the men in black. So let's just say that he is a lying, worthless bastard that never should have been allowed to so much as run for the office of president of this country, much less hold the office for two terms.

We have the tail wagging the dog and WE have to do something about it. People didn't die defending this country so some con artist like Obama could come along and give it all away.

• Like 13

Was your SIL and daughter told they "could" qualify for Medicaid and therefore did not qualify for a subsidy tax credit? That is how my letter seems to read. It's not clear if the reason I don't qualify for the tax credit is because I could qualify for Medicaid or not. It reads and I quote: Based on the information you provided, the new federal health law provides that you could be eligible for free or low cost health care through Medicaid. It does not say that is the reason I don't qualify for a subsidy, though. Just that I don't qualify for one and I'm not subject to a penalty if I don't have insurance. That's wonderful BUT what if I want, or in my case NEED, health insurance.

When I did the subsidy calculator for my daughter and SIL a couple of months ago, before they moved, I used an approximate amount for their income. Their yearly premium was going to be MORE than their income and NO SUBSIDY. And I know for a fact that the amount of their income would have put them over the limit for Medicaid. They lost that when she went to work back during the summer.

I had real high hopes for this working out because quite frankly, I would really benefit if it did. I was paying $432 a month for insurance that was halfway decent but it goes away in two weeks. When I did the subsidy calculator back several months ago and saw with a subsidy I could pay around $70 a month for insurance I was thrilled. Handling the sky high deductible wouldn't be a problem with insurance premiums so reasonable. And I figured I'd meet the deductible by mid-year since I will have a lot of pre-op stuff to do. But now to know it's going to cost ME, before the insurance company pays the first penny, about $12,000 to have surgery, it's not too thrilling. But I don't have a lot of choices. I need the surgery and without it there really is about zero chance of me going back to work. Chances aren't all that high of that happening with the surgery because of other problems I'm having that have an effect on my ability to do my job. I can work around the other problems, I think. Not being able to stand for any length of time, walk any distance, lift anything heavier than a 5 pound bag of flour reduces the things that I can do.

I'm happy to see people have had insurance premiums go down.

Believe it or not, the choices you have get a lot smaller when you hit your late 50s.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the premiums people are supposed to pay. My SIL makes about $27,000.00 per year and the 'exchange' rate for just him and my daughter, no kids, is $647.00 a month. WTH??????????????

I have a confession to make, I have tried and tried to give Obama the benefit of the doubt and support him as our President. But if the buck really stops with him and not with the buffoon, idiots he put to work on this program, I'm hard pressed to continue to support him. AND I HATE THAT because I really believed that he could change things, He!!, I thought anyone could change things for the better, but this debacle is one of the worst ideas to come down the pike in long time. If it had have been implemented properly or a different idea had been cultivated maybe this would have worked, but this is a mess.

And I thank my lucky stars that it hasn't effected Hubbys ins at all. Our premium went down, we have a $25.00 dr co pay, a $50.00 hospital co pay and almost everything else is covered at 100% with a $250.00 deductible for the three of us on the policy. I feel guilty sometimes because we have good ins.

I haven't been able to access an actual application to know if it asks anything about property you own, but in the "am I eligible" questionnaire it doesn't ask about property, only money in the bank, 401Ks, IRAs, that kind of stuff.

But from having applied for the cell phone program, which uses the same income level as Medicaid and Food Stamps, I know our income is too high even without there being any property ownership exclusion. I have the letter about that.

I think one of the catches on Medicaid is that you can own NOTHING (which it should be if you are getting government help). I know of some folks that live in FL and only rent so they can qualify for stuff like that. Some folks always know a way to beat the system. :ninja:

I don't have credit. I don't work. Not much chance of getting a credit card. Though they did offer me one at the bank yesterday. I should have taken them up on it, I guess.

Paying out $1065 a month would leave us roughly $700 a month for utilities, food, insurance. That's not doable.

So if you charge that deductible onto an 18% per year card and pay it back over the course of a year then your payments really come up to be 500 + 565 or $1065 per month. Including interest. And then you het to make copays with the coverage amounts.

We have $228 a YEAR too much income for Medicaid, so in our case isn't "too much". It's $19 a month too much. And the bad thing is they don't take into account what you actually receive in SSDI. Hubby's Medicare takes about a $150 a month bite out of it before we see anything.

I'm fine with Florida not expanding their Medicaid program. I'm all for that, in fact. I think they used their heads.

I *think* Florida increased the limits that qualify you for Medicaid but they have had server errors all day and I can't get any information.

Unfortunately looks like Florida like Georgia did not expand their medicaid program. This leaves the very low income that make too much for regular medicaid without insurance subsidies that make Obamacare affordable. It is so crazy.

But it seems to me that if you live in a state that didn't expand Medicaid, that you should be able to get the subsidy. Otherwise, you've been lied to about not having to pay more than 3.5% of your income on health insurance. You've been told it's affordable, when it isn't. You've basically been screwed without having dinner and a movie first.

FWIW, I'm still not verified.

I could tell you exactly what Obama is but I would be banned from this site eternally. And probably get a visit from the men in black. So let's just say that he is a lying, worthless bastard that never should have been allowed to so much as run for the office of president of this country, much less hold the office for two terms.

We have the tail wagging the dog and WE have to do something about it. People didn't die defending this country so some con artist like Obama could come along and give it all away.

The more sheeze faced conservatives hate him the more I love that Son Of A Beach, feelip! :friends:

• Like 1

Was your SIL and daughter told they "could" qualify for Medicaid and therefore did not qualify for a subsidy tax credit? That is how my letter seems to read. It's not clear if the reason I don't qualify for the tax credit is because I could qualify for Medicaid or not. It reads and I quote: Based on the information you provided, the new federal health law provides that you could be eligible for free or low cost health care through Medicaid. It does not say that is the reason I don't qualify for a subsidy, though. Just that I don't qualify for one and I'm not subject to a penalty if I don't have insurance. That's wonderful BUT what if I want, or in my case NEED, health insurance.

When I did the subsidy calculator for my daughter and SIL a couple of months ago, before they moved, I used an approximate amount for their income. Their yearly premium was going to be MORE than their income and NO SUBSIDY. And I know for a fact that the amount of their income would have put them over the limit for Medicaid. They lost that when she went to work back during the summer.

I had real high hopes for this working out because quite frankly, I would really benefit if it did. I was paying $432 a month for insurance that was halfway decent but it goes away in two weeks. When I did the subsidy calculator back several months ago and saw with a subsidy I could pay around $70 a month for insurance I was thrilled. Handling the sky high deductible wouldn't be a problem with insurance premiums so reasonable. And I figured I'd meet the deductible by mid-year since I will have a lot of pre-op stuff to do. But now to know it's going to cost ME, before the insurance company pays the first penny, about $12,000 to have surgery, it's not too thrilling. But I don't have a lot of choices. I need the surgery and without it there really is about zero chance of me going back to work. Chances aren't all that high of that happening with the surgery because of other problems I'm having that have an effect on my ability to do my job. I can work around the other problems, I think. Not being able to stand for any length of time, walk any distance, lift anything heavier than a 5 pound bag of flour reduces the things that I can do.

I'm happy to see people have had insurance premiums go down.

Believe it or not, the choices you have get a lot smaller when you hit your late 50s.

I haven't been able to access an actual application to know if it asks anything about property you own, but in the "am I eligible" questionnaire it doesn't ask about property, only money in the bank, 401Ks, IRAs, that kind of stuff.

But from having applied for the cell phone program, which uses the same income level as Medicaid and Food Stamps, I know our income is too high even without there being any property ownership exclusion. I have the letter about that.

No they weren't qualified for Medicaid according to the information my daughter got when she applied. It was really appalling watching her try and try to sign up, get excited because she thought they would finally have ins at an affordable rate and then B-A-M, that will be $647.00 a month thank you very much.

This entire situation needs to be scrapped and we need to start from the ground up again. It's ridiculous to me that in the United States of America there are people with no health care, hungry people and people who can't find a job to save their lives. More resources and money is wasted by the government in one day than a small country uses in a year. It's sickening.

And voting for people who say 'the times they are a changin', are just a bunch of big fat liars, democrats and republicans alike, because all they're interested in is furthering their own agenda for some misguided reason. I HATE politicians, they lie, cheat and steal to get into office and then conveniently forget everything they ever said on the campaign trail.

I'm sorry for the rant, but enough is enough.

• Like 4

I'm sure there are liberal Democrats in the same boat as I am but somehow I just have a feeling that they aren't going to say a word about how they have gotten screwed by this.

And TP, you're a pathetic person to derive pleasure from the fact that a conservative (or anyone else for that matter) is not getting the benefits that WE, as citizens of the United States, were PROMISED by a man running for the highest office in the country. You, TP, of all people should feel shame that people aren't getting treated as they were PROMISED, regardless of their political leanings. If indeed you derive pleasure from that or you don't feel shame about it happening, then you are no better than those you seem to hate. And in fact, you may be worse than those you seem to hate.

• Like 1

Hey, don't apologize for the rant. You said everything I had been thinking! I wish I could give you a 1000 plus marks on it!

Maybe the reason I don't qualify for the subsidy has nothing to do with the "could" qualify for Medicaid. I still think it has something to do with taxable and non-taxable income. I'm just hoping that a year from now when I do our return we get a refund.

No they weren't qualified for Medicaid according to the information my daughter got when she applied. It was really appalling watching her try and try to sign up, get excited because she thought they would finally have ins at an affordable rate and then B-A-M, that will be $647.00 a month thank you very much.

This entire situation needs to be scrapped and we need to start from the ground up again. It's ridiculous to me that in the United States of America there are people with no health care, hungry people and people who can't find a job to save their lives. More resources and money is wasted by the government in one day than a small country uses in a year. It's sickening.

And voting for people who say 'the times they are a changin', are just a bunch of big fat liars, democrats and republicans alike, because all they're interested in is furthering their own agenda for some misguided reason. I HATE politicians, they lie, cheat and steal to get into office and then conveniently forget everything they ever said on the campaign trail.

I'm sorry for the rant, but enough is enough.

That is really sad that you have to pay that much money per month on 22K a year. We were in the VA Office today and they were telling DH he could come there for medical for $15 co-pays nothing to join. We would never use it, that would be more for VETS like me who didn't serve 20 years. Reading the stuff that some of you guys go thru really makes me feel blessed. I really hope you can find something cheaper.

And forget about qualifying for Medicaid if your only source of income is SSDI. That's still too much if you had a decent paying job while you worked.

I agree. That's too much because it is 18 times what was promised. But all in all, it is something I can afford, my doctors are on the plan (so I don't have to drive 25 miles to see one) and once I pay the deductible, things will be paid by the insurance. Meeting the deductible if I have knee surgery won't be a problem. In fact, that will be a piece of cake. Just the pre-op testing and visits will take care of most, if not all, of that.

I am glad you got healthcare. I am sorry that it is still too much money. Honestly, I am pretty sure the only way to get medicaid anymore is to be pregnant or living on the streets with no job and no assets.

I'm still going to apply for Medicaid, just to see what happens. Maybe if I apply and get something that says I don't qualify, I can get the subsidy later. I can appeal the decision about the subsidy and I think I will.

When I asked the agent why I didn't qualify for a subsidy she said she didn't know. She just had the application and determination but no explanation for it. The letter doesn't offer one either unless it is the "could" be qualified for Medicaid.

That is really sad that you have to pay that much money per month on 22K a year. We were in the VA Office today and they were telling DH he could come there for medical for $15 co-pays nothing to join. We would never use it, that would be more for VETS like me who didn't serve 20 years. Reading the stuff that some of you guys go thru really makes me feel blessed. I really hope you can find something cheaper.

Seems like finally Florida got their server error fixed and I was able to do the "am I eligible" and get to the end. And I got this:

Medical Assistance

• Based on what you told us, it looks like someone in your household may not be able to get low or no-cost health care through a medical assistance program such as Medicaid and CHIP.

But are they talking about me or my hubby? Good question. It does not say.

Go here and see if there's an Obamacare Navigator within reasonable distance that you could sit down and talk with. You're getting the runaround. As you said, perhaps it's because you would qualify for Medicaid by new federal standards, which weren't enacted by Gov. Scott, that you are caught in the middle. Surely yours wouldn't be an isolated case and I'd really like to believe there is a process available that will get you subsidized.

BTW, there would have been federal Obamacare Navigators at every county health office in FL but your governor banned them (though some counties aren't following his insane order).

mrnn

• Like 1

It's tough to pass an effective bill, much less amend it as problems arise, when you have a party in control of the House that refuses to vote on anything to do with it other than repeal it. They've made absolutely ZERO effort to offer suggestions to improve upon the basic framework of Obamacare....nothing....just voted to repeal 40 times. What's ridiculous is that Obamacare is what it is due to an effort at bipartisanship instead of the Dems, who had the power, to just steamroll the GOP and pass single-payer to begin with.

mrnn

• Like 3

A friend that is 59 years old, makes about $24k/year and lives in the metro Atlanta area qualifies for a tax credit of $468/month. A Bronze plan nets to $0/month. A good Silver plan is about $200 per month net after the $468 tax credit.

In south Georgia, the insurance companies or company available charge much more for a similar policy. Geography can make a huge difference in how much insurance will charge/gouge for policies. Large metro areas generally have more companies competing and much better prices. The highest prices are in isolated areas cause the insurance companies get away with price gouging.

Probably 10 years ago, a friend of mine, whose wife was too young for Medicare but has some serious pre-existing condition problems, was paying $2400 per month for her coverage alone. Medicare was a HUGE money saver for them.

This was before any of us had even heard of Barack Obama.

$22k/year for a couple should have big tax credits available. Living near Atlanta might get close to $1000/month tax subsidy.

Any legal plan will soon pay for lots of preventive care procedures/tests with no copay or deductible...zero charge.

Edited by Well Read

I do not have insurance and have only been to the doctor one time in four years (knocking on a large piece of wood) and that was 80 dollars, checked what my affordable insurance would be last night it's a surprisingly low 690.00 a month just for me with a 7,000$ deductible..

It's tough to pass an effective bill, much less amend it as problems arise, when you have a party in control of the House that refuses to vote on anything to do with it other than repeal it. They've made absolutely ZERO effort to offer suggestions to improve upon the basic framework of Obamacare....nothing....just voted to repeal 40 times. What's ridiculous is that Obamacare is what it is due to an effort at bipartisanship instead of the Dems, who had the power, to just steamroll the GOP and pass single-payer to begin with.

mrnn

BINGO! I don't' care what Obama tried to do, good bad or ugly, he was stopped at every turn by the very people elected to run this country for the better. It's a damn shame! I would hope that grown up politicians would be bigger than to resort to retaliation because their guy lost, but obviously they're not.

• Like 2

mrnn

Exactly. Republicans have the unique position of having designed the plan, then not voting for it, and being able to fool way too many yahoos into believing they had nothing to do with it.

If Massachusetts had had a Democrat governor instead of Romney (from the Republican party that originated the individual mandate and the programs called Romneycare and Obamacare, the Democratic legislature would have put in some public option at minimum but more likely a single-payer system.

What got through the Gang of Six is exactly the ONLY thing that the Republicans would allow to come to a vote. Had Democrats done what they wanted, we would have gotten a much more fiscally responsible/conservative single-payer variant.

What the Dems did wrong was let the scumbags stick us with the same thing that the scumbag Republican/Plutocratic Governor of Massachusetts forced onto the Democratic state Reps/Senators...ie: the Republican conceived and designed Nixon/Romney/Heritage Foundation/Obamacare.

The Plutocrat-Republicans count on ignorance of their constituents. It is why good decent people vote as if they hate their children.

• Like 1

Exactly. Republicans have the unique position of having designed the plan, then not voting for it, and being able to fool way too many yahoos into believing they had nothing to do with it.

If Massachusetts had had a Democrat governor instead of Romney (from the Republican party that originated the individual mandate and the programs called Romneycare and Obamacare, the Democratic legislature would have put in some public option at minimum but more likely a single-payer system.

What got through the Gang of Six is exactly the ONLY thing that the Republicans would allow to come to a vote. Had Democrats done what they wanted, we would have gotten a much more fiscally responsible/conservative single-payer variant.

What the Dems did wrong was let the scumbags stick us with the same thing that the scumbag Republican/Plutocratic Governor of Massachusetts forced onto the Democratic state Reps/Senators...ie: the Republican conceived and designed Nixon/Romney/Heritage Foundation/Obamacare.

The Plutocrat-Republicans count on ignorance of their constituents. It is why good decent people vote as if they hate their children.

Are you trucking kidding me!!? You bastards are going to try to blame this disaster on the Republicans too? BITE MY ASS!

• Like 7

Are you trucking kidding me!!? You bastards are going to try to blame this disaster on the Republicans too? BITE MY ASS!

Doin your Clint Eastwood thang again ? These people are your neighbors is calling them Bastards really necessary ?

Edited by CitizenCain

Feelip, if anyone bit you anywhere, they'd get a big mouthful of ASS.

But seriously, take your best shot at disproving what I said. If you stay with the truth, you will fail.

• Like 2

I don't have credit. I don't work. Not much chance of getting a credit card. Though they did offer me one at the bank yesterday. I should have taken them up on it, I guess.

Paying out $1065 a month would leave us roughly $700 a month for utilities, food, insurance. That's not doable.

I'm sorry S& D, I was trying sarcasm in that post. Not trying to suggeat thay you did that as it would be insane. Just pointing out how much thay plan REALLY costs per month.

Not sure if you understand what I said. My application has already been processed. In fact, it was processed back around Thanksgiving. I'm not trying to apply. I've already applied, the determination has been made that I don't qualify for a subsidy and I have purchased insurance. There's no need to go sit down with someone to help me with this. If the people at the health insurance market place don't have a clue why I don't get the subsidy, just that I don't, I doubt the Social Worker or whoever it is at the local hospital will be able to help either.

There are 46 application "assisters" nearby. One just a mile away. But, like I said, if the people at the market place can't answer the questions I have about "why" I doubt the "assister" at the hospital can either. Nor the one at the clinic, the other hospitals in the area, the health departments in nearby counties.

Since someone else said a family member wasn't eligible for a subsidy but wasn't eligible for Medicaid either, I'm thinking that is not the reason I am not eligible for one. I think it has to do with taxable income. We have none. I guess in their view there is no incentive for us to have health insurance as they can't take any of our refund. Ha! What's a refund?

Go here and see if there's an Obamacare Navigator within reasonable distance that you could sit down and talk with. You're getting the runaround. As you said, perhaps it's because you would qualify for Medicaid by new federal standards, which weren't enacted by Gov. Scott, that you are caught in the middle. Surely yours wouldn't be an isolated case and I'd really like to believe there is a process available that will get you subsidized.

BTW, there would have been federal Obamacare Navigators at every county health office in FL but your governor banned them (though some counties aren't following his insane order).

mrnn

mrnn

And the Dems have tabled or voted down EVERYTHING they tried to do to help. So YOUT side has done even worse. They passed a piss poor law and denied ALL the fices proposed by the GOP that actually would have addressed many of these problems

And if you do not know what I'm talking about then you plain haven't been paying attention or are I n denial of the truth.

• Like 1

My guess is your friend's $24,000 a year income is taxable.

A friend that is 59 years old, makes about $24k/year and lives in the metro Atlanta area qualifies for a tax credit of $468/month. A Bronze plan nets to $0/month. A good Silver plan is about $200 per month net after the $468 tax credit.

In south Georgia, the insurance companies or company available charge much more for a similar policy. Geography can make a huge difference in how much insurance will charge/gouge for policies. Large metro areas generally have more companies competing and much better prices. The highest prices are in isolated areas cause the insurance companies get away with price gouging.

Probably 10 years ago, a friend of mine, whose wife was too young for Medicare but has some serious pre-existing condition problems, was paying $2400 per month for her coverage alone. Medicare was a HUGE money saver for them.

This was before any of us had even heard of Barack Obama.

$22k/year for a couple should have big tax credits available. Living near Atlanta might get close to $1000/month tax subsidy.

Any legal plan will soon pay for lots of preventive care procedures/tests with no copay or deductible...zero charge.

Mine will be $467 a month, $6250 deductible. I have to pay the deductible before the insurance pays ANYTHING except for preventive visits. I HAVE to have lab work twice a year, a mammogram and abdominal ultrasound once a year. With the pre-op tests that will be needed prior to knee surgery, like an MRI or CT scan, I'll get that deductible paid pretty quickly. That's the GOOD thing about this.

I do not have insurance and have only been to the doctor one time in four years (knocking on a large piece of wood) and that was 80 dollars, checked what my affordable insurance would be last night it's a surprisingly low 690.00 a month just for me with a 7,000$ deductible..

Or only $1380 / month for each month the entire year just to meet your deductible plus interest. Then you get your coverage for the $80 bill.

Congress voted on it. IMO, that means they voted as representatives of the voters. Obviously, this is not the case here. They voted for the insurance companies, who pay them huge money to pass this debacle.

And PLEASE don't make this thread about politics. That is not my intent. My intent was to share that I have at last signed up for insurance and have been royally screwed in the process. I'm not in this boat by myself.

You know the old saying. If the shoe fits, wear it.

Doin your Clint Eastwood thang again ? These people are your neighbors is calling them Bastards really necessary ?

Believe me, I did the math. Between the deductible and the premiums, it will be just under 12k for the year. On 22k household income. My two best options are to have the surgery early in the summer and go back to work late summer or early fall OR to file for Social Security disability so I'll be able to pay for the insurance.

I'm sorry S& D, I was trying sarcasm in that post. Not trying to suggeat thay you did that as it would be insane. Just pointing out how much thay plan REALLY costs per month.

You know the old saying. If the shoe fits, wear it.

In that case, after posting 400 comments on your insurance woes and blaming everything from your being white to your political views when are you going to stop whining about it ?

Edited by CitizenCain

When TP stops posting charts that have nothing to do with the topic.

rofl.gif

In that case, after posting 400 comments on your insurance woes and blaming everything from your being white to your political views when are you going to stop whining about it ?

They did say they could help with premiums for those with low income. If you're $228 over for the year, maybe you could forgo that small amount? Sounds like that would be a net gain.

And it will only cost me $496.00 a month. I also have to pay $6250.00 deductible before the insurance pays a penny.

Yep, you read that correctly. Our total income a year is roughly $22,000 through my husband's Social Security disability, I don't work (not sure I can now due to several issues and the need for surgery which will put me out of commission for 3-6 months) and I don't qualify for a tax credit to help pay for the insurance.

Ain't life grand?