Paulding.com

Will Mike Vick ever be a starting QB again?

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mike Vick be a starting QB in the NFL again?

• Yes
    • No

I wish he would, if only to prove that he can still play well. He has a lot of talent, and for the love of humanity, he paid his debt to society.

I don't think that he can ever repay his debt to society. He is a disgusting human being, IMHO. I wish he never played football again. I'm an animal lover.

• Like 5

No. There is a self life for pro athletes and he is near the end of his. An established team doesn't need him and a rebuilding team isn't going to start with a QB in his mid 30s

I don't think that he can ever repay his debt to society. He is a disgusting human being, IMHO. I wish he never played football again. I'm an animal lover.

Agreed. He did unspeakable things to innocent creatures. Some things just can't be repaid.

Edited by jenilyn
  • Like 1

Vick was never smart enough to be a quarterback.

I know that he never tried to study or work at learning, that is a fact that has been admitted by everyone, including Vick.

That is why he was never allowed to audible.

Leaving out the cowardly and despicable thing with the dogs, it is a shame that we will never know how good he might have been when he started in the NFL IF he had applied his self and worked and studied at being a NFL quarterback.

Agreed. He did unspeakable things to innocent creatures. Some things just can't be repaid.

I hope not! He is a thug!

Don't get me wrong - I love animals, and I would NEVER condone mistreatment of any animal. It just seems in this case he really has paid his debt to society, and has learned from his stupidity. I mean, society grants more leniency to some murderers than to this guy.

I know that he never tried to study or work at learning, that is a fact that has been admitted by everyone, including Vick.That is why he was never allowed to audible. Leaving out the cowardly and despicable thing with the dogs, it is a shame that we will never know how good he might have been when he started in the NFL IF he had applied his self and worked and studied at being a NFL quarterback.

And that is the real crux of the matter. Why on EARTH with that talent woudln't he work at learning everything he could? I'm guessing that is tied into the dog fighting thing - pure arrogance. He was always told he was awesome, treated differently, and he believed the crap. Sad, sad.

• Like 2

No....a combo of age, history of injury and the defenses adapting will doom him. The running QB was a big thing for a few years until defenses adapted to it. Now the only ones able to do it with any success are the bigger guys who more physically resemble RB's than a classic QB.

I know that he never tried to study or work at learning, that is a fact that has been admitted by everyone, including Vick.

That is why he was never allowed to audible.

Leaving out the cowardly and despicable thing with the dogs, it is a shame that we will never know how good he might have been when he started in the NFL IF he had applied his self and worked and studied at being a NFL quarterback.

The boy is dumb as a rock. Wouldn't matter how hard he tried, he was hopeless. Lets be real here.

I just went back and looked at the 2001 draft where Vick was selected #1. Other QB's in that draft (#32 overall) included Drew Brees of the Saints.

Another brilliant selection by Arthur Blank and the boys, eh?

Actually, Mike Vick was drafted by Dan Reeves and the Smith family, specifically Taylor Smith who took over after his father Rankin died.

Arthur Blank bought the Falcons in 2002, which by the way, in 2002 my season tickets were $390 per seat, compared to the $1,390 per seat they are now.

Greedy b****** that Blank is.

At the time Vick was a gamble worth taking, but the firing of Dan Reeves by Blank and bad coaching hires did nothing to help keep Vick under control.

Also, Blank's stupidity in handling Vick and kowtowing to him (in order to get a certain segment of the population to buy season tickets) didn't help.

Remember Vick being wheeled around by Blank in a wheelchair when Vick had that broken leg.

What a suckass.

What other NFL owner would be the orderly for his quarterback, just one who wanted the TV shot of him pushing the wheelchair for publicity.

"See folks, I'm just an ordinary guy, not to big to push my black quarterback around in his wheelchair"

Yes, I have an issue with Arthur Blank.

A $1000.00 per seat increase in 12 years issue.

Actually, Mike Vick was drafted by Dan Reeves and the Smith family, specifically Taylor Smith who took over after his father Rankin died.

Arthur Blank bought the Falcons in 2002, which by the way, in 2002 my season tickets were $390 per seat, compared to the $1,390 per seat they are now.

Greedy b****** that Blank is.

At the time Vick was a gamble worth taking, but the firing of Dan Reeves by Blank and bad coaching hires did nothing to help keep Vick under control.

Also, Blank's stupidity in handling Vick and kowtowing to him (in order to get a certain segment of the population to buy season tickets) didn't help.

Remember Vick being wheeled around by Blank in a wheelchair when Vick had that broken leg.

What a suckass.

What other NFL owner would be the orderly for his quarterback, just one who wanted the TV shot of him pushing the wheelchair for publicity.

"See folks, I'm just an ordinary guy, not to big to push my black quarterback around in his wheelchair"

Yes, I have an issue with Arthur Blank.

A $1000.00 per seat increase in 12 years issue.

I had tried so hard to blank the Smith family from my memory. (Pun intended)

• 4 months later...

Those $99 season tickets...man, I miss them.

Vick was never a good player, but he was exciting to watch. Everyone just saw the highlights and said, "ohmygoshhe'sfrigganamazeballs!!!!!" No he wasn't. He wasn't even average, and he shot all of us in the stands a bird in 2006 for letting him know what we really think. Constantly hurt + terrible attitude + interception stat booster + explosive, exciting plays = "you paid what to get your team's jersey on some highlight reels?!"

I was at the game in 2011 when we laid him out and was the first to cheer when he stayed down and booed the loudest when he hobbled off the field like the chump he is.

Yes, I have an issue with Mike Vick.

A shoot-me-a-bird-because-you-suck issue.