Paulding.com

Just got off the phone, my coverage went up

I got a letter saying I could keep my old plan or go with a compliant plan.

I was a little worried about all the requirements making it go up.

I called Kaiser and got quotes for the compliant plans.

My premium was $59 less,my deductible was 1/2, my co-pays stayed the same.

Also many more things not subject to the deductible. I did not go through the gov website. I did learn that you can go to the healthcare market place without submitting your financial information.

The plans are basically the same for all carriers. It is just the cost that is different.

Good for you!!

I really can't wait for the socialized medicine to kick in so that everyone can see what it's like.

Sharing a maternity ward with 3 other women, having to take your last breath in a room with 3 other dying people, having to wait 4 hours while you're 7 months pregnant and bleeding, waiting 4 months to get an ultrasound for fibroids, and another 3 for surgery.

These are all things my family got to experience this year in a socialized healthcare system.

Sounds awesome!

• Like 6

Good for you!!

I really can't wait for the socialized medicine to kick in so that everyone can see what it's like.

Sharing a maternity ward with 3 other women, having to take your last breath in a room with 3 other dying people, having to wait 4 hours while you're 7 months pregnant and bleeding, waiting 4 months to get an ultrasound for fibroids, and another 3 for surgery.

These are all things my family got to experience this year in a socialized healthcare system.

Sounds awesome!

:blink: Having a bad day? Merry Christmas. Glad things worked out for you Laurie. :)

all of the health insurance stuff on the web site is confusing - but no one seems to be able to answer questions LIVE. What IF there is no steady income and a person or persons in a house hold has a LIFE THREATENING illness ? We went on the site and it just says no one qualifies... it would be great if it was easy to navigate and obtain....

Kaiser is great - or they were when we had them.

I also got a letter from Keiser Permanente saying that Geoprgias plans, which had a 4.5 stars rating this year, will catch up to the rest of the Kaiser Permanente's, across the country, in 2014.

That drew my attention to Georgias, insurance plans, and I asked myself; WHY NOW?

Do you think it might be Obamacare that is helping Georgian's get better insurance plans? :unsure:

Edited by The Postman

Maybe this has something to do with it LPPT. They know it is bad!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-relaxes-rules-of-health-care-law-four-days-before-deadline/2013/12/19/81bc3132-690b-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html

The Obama administration on Thursday night significantly relaxed the rules of the federal health-care law for millions of consumers whose individual insurance policies have been canceled, saying they can buy bare-bones plans or entirely avoid a requirement that most Americans have health coverage.

all of the health insurance stuff on the web site is confusing - but no one seems to be able to answer questions LIVE. What IF there is no steady income and a person or persons in a house hold has a LIFE THREATENING illness ? We went on the site and it just says no one qualifies... it would be great if it was easy to navigate and obtain....

Kaiser is great - or they were when we had them.

Go to the Kaiser website and get a number to talk to a person.

• Like 1

I have no idea what my insurance will be. I submitted a paper application after trying since the first day to use the website. That was a little over a week ago and I haven't heard anything. I did get my letter from BCBS showing my premium going up to something I can't afford, but I get coverage, only I won't be able to pay the premium, so I have no coverage. So I'm saving money and losing coverage.

But I'm glad it worked out well for you.

Maybe this has something to do with it LPPT. They know it is bad!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/obama-administration-relaxes-rules-of-health-care-law-four-days-before-deadline/2013/12/19/81bc3132-690b-11e3-8b5b-a77187b716a3_story.html

The Obama administration on Thursday night significantly relaxed the rules of the federal health-care law for millions of consumers whose individual insurance policies have been canceled, saying they can buy bare-bones plans or entirely avoid a requirement that most Americans have health coverage.

Rather than discuss the points of this article I would share my thoughts as I dialed the number to renew my insurance.

These are the things I believe that I know going into it.

The new affordable care act, ACA from here on.

Was written to be comprehensive, one of those concerns were people purchasing insurance based on what they could pay monthly, business did the same. These premiums were paid for years in good faith. They also bankrupted many in the process of diagnosis and early treatment. Once you are bankrupted you have defeated the purpose of what you paid in for.

It was basically a very bad joke that was borderline fraud.

I get it, because as I approached 50 we accepted the higher deductible to stay within budget. ACA takes this option away from insurance companies for your benefit.

I knew that for many and probably myself premiums would up. Insurance companies can not meet these requirements without significantly raising rates. The reason being that getting this off the ground had a huge hump. The hump was getting the cash to flow from everyone paying in something. To ease us over the hump, medicaid was going to replace the infusion of cash that would us to lower rates when everyone paid in.

After the first year when 100% of the population pays something for coverage the rates by law should drop to at least 1/2. People have not started writing checks so we are seeing crazy fluctuations as this market literally is in developmental stage.

I checked my current premium, with a higher deductible and less coverage for out of network procedures and no coverage for some.

It was due to go up another 50 or so in Jan. I was not surprised at all. The surprise was when I required about the ACA and it being lower.

Why is it lower without medicaid supplement? Because it is Kaiser, they have minimal administration cost which is something that other insurance companies and medical providers do not have. That is the difference.

The other companies and providers have simply refused to stream line their procedures when they can basically charge you whatever to cover it.

As consumers we need to stick to our guns and purchase the ACA compliant plans is at all possible. They are better, we get more coverage from them.

The insurance companies love people staying with the old plans to spite the government.

The sooner everyone bites the bullet and starts paying something in the sooner rates will drop. The insurance companies and health care providers that refuse to stream line to save consumers money will go out of business.

I did some checking on what my plan paid for some procedures to providers. It was very inline with current prices for specialties and procedures.

I like to think of it a lemon law for insurance companies.

It took about 3-4 weeks to get my determination.

I'm not eligible for a "tax credit" which means I can pay around 45% of our monthly income on my insurance. Yes, MY insurance. That's not to cover both of us. That's to cover ME. We have too much income to qualify for Medicaid.

Between deductible/out of pocket and premiums, my insurance alone next year will be about 75% of our yearly income. The good news is since I'll likely have major surgery next year, I'll meet my out of pocket maximum.

Yeah, glad it worked out for you Laurie. It isn't working out for those of us who have lower incomes.

I have no idea what my insurance will be. I submitted a paper application after trying since the first day to use the website. That was a little over a week ago and I haven't heard anything. I did get my letter from BCBS showing my premium going up to something I can't afford, but I get coverage, only I won't be able to pay the premium, so I have no coverage. So I'm saving money and losing coverage.

A lot of people want to stay with their company, check with other carriers many companies are better prepared than others.

It took about 3-4 weeks to get my determination.

I'm not eligible for a "tax credit" which means I can pay around 45% of our monthly income on my insurance. Yes, MY insurance. That's not to cover both of us. That's to cover ME. We have too much income to qualify for Medicaid.

Between deductible/out of pocket and premiums, my insurance alone next year will be about 75% of our yearly income. The good news is since I'll likely have major surgery next year, I'll meet my out of pocket maximum.

Yeah, glad it worked out for you Laurie. It isn't working out for those of us who have lower incomes.

The bronze with Kaiser was 380 a month. Don't lose hope, we could see much lower premiums within 6 months depending on how many start paying something.

It's not offered in Florida.

Thank you for considering Kaiser Permanente. We currently do not offer health care coverage in your area. To find the coverage you need, please visit your state's Health Insurance Marketplace

The bronze with Kaiser was 380 a month. Don't lose hope, we could see much lower premiums within 6 months depending on how many start paying something.

It's not offered in Florida.

Thank you for considering Kaiser Permanente. We currently do not offer health care coverage in your area. To find the coverage you need, please visit your state's Health Insurance Marketplace

I though Fl. was one of their states. Are you hearing anything about a hospital starting a system you can pay directly into like Wellstar is?

Our premiums will go down because the government capped the profit margin on insurance companies. That forces hospitals that go direct to compete with insurance companies premiums because people will always want to pay less.

It is a win for the American people, more coverage less money in the long run.

We won't be going to socialized medicine unless the insurance companies bail on us.

One of the things that has always bothered me is countries with socialized medicine cap what they will pay for drugs and other medical equipment. I feel that American consumers have paid for the R&D and the big profit margins on these products.

• Like 1

A lot of people want to stay with their company, check with other carriers many companies are better prepared than others.

In my state, and my county, there is one carrier.

I guess you that are on the exchange are self employed?

My coverage hasn't changed…and my employer pays 90%.

I work for a small company that doesn't offer health insurance.

Apparently not.

Our choices seem to be Coventry (which neither of my doctors accepts), Blue Cross, United.

We have a medical system here similar to Wellstar but they do not offer health insurance. They are a network of doctors, medical facilities, labs, rehab/nursing centers. The hospital/medical system here is owned by HMA, so it is not a non-profit. We also have three other hospital systems in Pensacola but only Baptist has any office in Milton. The others are only in Pensacola. I think one of the systems has an office in Navarre, about 20 miles away.

I though Fl. was one of their states. Are you hearing anything about a hospital starting a system you can pay directly into like Wellstar is?

Our premiums will go down because the government capped the profit margin on insurance companies. That forces hospitals that go direct to compete with insurance companies premiums because people will always want to pay less.

It is a win for the American people, more coverage less money in the long run.

We won't be going to socialized medicine unless the insurance companies bail on us.

One of the things that has always bothered me is countries with socialized medicine cap what they will pay for drugs and other medical equipment. I feel that American consumers have paid for the R&D and the big profit margins on these products.

I work for a small company that doesn't offer health insurance.

Now you don't have to depend on any company to offer health coverage, That has always been a bad idea, in the first place :drinks:

Christal River Florida may be where I move to, next year.

Here are my family's health care options, there:

Projected Obamacare Rates for an Individual, Age 21, in Crystal River, Florida

Lowest Catatrophic Plan = $152.18/mo

Lowest Bronze Plan = $167.52/mo

Lowest Silver Plan = $186.61/mo

Second Lowest Silver Plan* = $192.40/mo

Lowest Gold Plan = $214.52/mo

Edited by The Postman

Now you don't have to depend on any company to offer health coverage, That has always been a bad idea, in the first place :drinks:

The point is moot since I can't afford to pay for it.

Aren't you on Medicare, TP? If so, why are you seeing what rates for 21 year old are? Trust me when I say rates are higher when you're in your 50s than they are for a 21 year old.

TP, she can't afford it. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with "allowing a company to furnish health insurance". Has to do with being able to AFFORD what insurance companies price them.

And, it's no wonder, InLA!

People allowing companies to furnish their healthcare insurance, which is HERE AND THERE, is the ways and means committee's idea of who gets what. :drinks:

TP, she can't afford it. PERIOD. Has nothing to do with "allowing a company to furnish health insurance". Has to do with being able to AFFORD what insurance companies price them.

Well, S & D's N, I think she will finally be able to afford it. What do people think Affordable Healthcare Insurance is? "NOT AFFORDABLE?" :pardon:

Well, S & D's N, I think she will finally be able to afford it. What do people think Affordable Healthcare Insurance is? "NOT AFFORDABLE?" :pardon:

Did you eat paint chips as a child? I cannot afford the new premium rates. I could afford the premium for the major medical plan I had. I cannot afford the premium for the new mandated policy.

If she can't afford it, she can't afford it. I'm in the same boat. I can't afford the premiums for the insurance I need. I can't get assistance to pay the premiums. I don't qualify for Medicaid. Doesn't matter how "affordable" someone claims insurance is if it takes 45% of our monthly income, it isn't AFFORDABLE and I can't afford it.

I think InLa is in the same predicament. They don't have enough income to get a subsidy so they have to pay all of the premium. How does that make sense?

Did you eat paint chips as a child? I cannot afford the new premium rates. I could afford the premium for the major medical plan I had. I cannot afford the premium for the new mandated policy.

The first 800,000, or so, who signed up for it could not afford it, but they signed up, InLA!

The Affordable Care Act actually refers to two separate pieces of legislation — the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-152) — that, together expand Medicaid coverage to millions of low-income Americans and makes numerous improvements to both Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).:drinks:

Edited by The Postman

Economists on both sides are predicting bad, bad things from this catastrophic coverage.

Heathcare coverage is a benefits, benefits are used by companies to attract top talent. So, you say it's a bad idea…I say you must not be very good at what you do ;)

I'm darn good at what I do, dgntw!

If I wasn't people would have already ran me off of P.com! :drinks:

The first 800,000, or so, who signed up for it could not afford it, but they signed up, InLA!

The Affordable Care Act actually refers to two separate pieces of legislation — the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (P.L. 111-148) and the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-152) — that, together expand Medicaid coverage to millions of low-income Americans and makes numerous improvements to both Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).:drinks:

Medicaid was not expanded in all states so there is a group out there in some states that are too rich for medicaid and not poor enough for a subsidy, leaving them no option but to be uninsured.

Medicaid was not expanded in all states so there is a group out there in some states that are too rich for medicaid and not poor enough for a subsidy, leaving them no option but to be uninsured.

I understand that, InLA!

I'm just saying your options have increased. But, I'm not saying they have increased to 100% your way. Nor My Way Either. :drinks:

Edited by The Postman

I understand that, InLA!

I'm just saying your options have increased. But, I'm not saying they have increased to 100% your way. Nor My Way Either. :drinks:

No, in fact, my options have decreased. I used to have a policy that would cover me for catastrophic illness. I will no longer have that or any other coverage because I can't afford to pay the premium and feed my kids.

• Like 1

MY options haven't increased. I am losing my insurance at the end of January and I may not be able to get more that I can, like InLa, afford to pay the premium and continue to eat.

And please don't insult me by telling me I'm wrong. I know my options. I have been exploring them for three months.

I understand that, InLA!

Some older sicker folks will pay less.

Some younger healthy folks will pay more.

Some folks will be unable to afford these new policies.

Some folks will receive a federal subsidy to offset cost.

Some folks will get "free" taxpayer coverage with no care.

The average middle class family will get screwed to pay for it all.

8)

• Like 1

Some older sicker folks will pay less.

Some younger healthy folks will pay more.

Some folks will be unable to afford these new policies.

Some folks will receive a federal subsidy to offset cost.

Some folks will get "free" taxpayer coverage with no care.

The average middle class family will get screwed to pay for it all.

8)

Even with the subsidy some won't be able to afford it.

• Like 1

No, in fact, my options have decreased. I used to have a policy that would cover me for catastrophic illness. I will no longer have that or any other coverage because I can't afford to pay the premium and feed my kids.

People whop can't afford it will be able to get help, and any kind of help is better than allowing somebody you work for any kind of choice regarding your healthcare.

I used to hate for the man I worked for to have a damn thing to do with my healthcare insurance, InLA.

On workman Comp. my lawyer was even restricted by it.

People whop can't afford it will be able to get help, and any kind of help is better than allowing somebody you work for any kind of choice regarding your healthcare.

I used to hate for the man I worked for to have a damn thing to do with my healthcare insurance, InLA.

On workman Comp. my lawyer was even restricted by it.

I can't afford it and can't get help. So you are in fact wrong.

• Like 1