Paulding.com

Show us your tree/decorations

Decorations are one of the best things about Christmas.

It changes your surroundings and you are constantly reminded that this is a special time of year.

It takes you away from the mundane and invites you to reach out to others with goodwill.

I don't have my tree up yet, but here are some decorations.

I am especially proud of the angel, She covers a large Christmas present.

I bought her plus the material for the dress at Darby crossing antiques mall. Then a few little odds and ends to bling her out. I did not know it when I bought her that she is mechanical, her arms move back and forth.

This was huge because I don't sew, definitely out of my comfort zone, I admit I sewed it all by hand, I am still too intimidated by the sewing machine.

Hubby is not too crazy about the pink tree but I love it!!

I want to see everyone's decorations!

xmas decor 2013 005.jpgxmas decor 2013 004.jpg

xmas decor 2013 012.jpg

I finally got my tree up and decorated. I still have more decorating to do around the house though. Sorry the pictures turned out crappy, they were taken with my phone and at night.

1454584_10101119606851298_558549752_n.jpg?dl=1

A close-up of the tree decorations. (haha, you can see my reflection in one of the ornaments!) :lol:

1502492_10101119606941118_278843044_n.jpg?dl=1

Wreath on the front door. And no it doesn't have green lights on it, it has clear. But the phone made them look green.

1474469_10101119607075848_1334407614_n.jpg?dl=1

• Like 1

I have been a Scrooge this year and not finished my decorating ....a few Santas on the selves & Reindeer & Santa on the mantle but my tree is not finished and may never make it ...the other trees are kind of inspiring me....keep them coming

I finally got my tree up and decorated. I still have more decorating to do around the house though. Sorry the pictures turned out crappy, they were taken with my phone and at night.

1454584_10101119606851298_558549752_n.jpg?dl=1

A close-up of the tree decorations. (haha, you can see my reflection in one of the ornaments!) :lol:

1502492_10101119606941118_278843044_n.jpg?dl=1

Wreath on the front door. And no it doesn't have green lights on it, it has clear. But the phone made them look green.

1474469_10101119607075848_1334407614_n.jpg?dl=1

SHOW OFF!!

LOL I kid, NB.

I can't post mine. It's pitiful. BabyB wants to play with the ornaments so badly that we just stopped. LOL the tree is perfect, has lights, and some ornaments. Maybe when kiddo is a but older we can decorate more. LOL

SHOW OFF!!

LOL I kid, NB.

I can't post mine. It's pitiful. BabyB wants to play with the ornaments so badly that we just stopped. LOL the tree is perfect, has lights, and some ornaments. Maybe when kiddo is a but older we can decorate more. LOL

Haha! Blame it on my design background. Sometimes I can go over the top.

I was able to finish decorating the tree while my little two year old was down for his nap. That's the only way it was gonna get done. Let's just hope he doesn't start taking all of them off. By the end of the season the bottom half of the tree may be bare. :lol:

You should post a pic anyway! I want to see everyone's decorations!

I read somewhere that Moms with little kids could put their trees in the play pen that they no longer use

Yes. Some will put baby gates around them. I don't have any of those kind so I'm going to have to watch my little monster closely.

We have a traditional tree upstairs that we call the Polar Express tree because it has thick rows of blue lights spiraling down the tree at an angle, amongst the mixed colored smaller lights. Downstairs in the basement, we have a 50's diner. Here's a pic of that tree:

post-46896-0-37331600-1386589020_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I was able to finish decorating the tree while my little two year old was down for his nap. That's the only way it was gonna get done. Let's just hope he doesn't start taking all of them off. By the end of the season the bottom half of the tree may be bare. :lol:

Yes. Some will put baby gates around them. I don't have any of those kind so I'm going to have to watch my little monster closely.

We've been lucky, I've never had an issue with the girls messing with the tree or ornaments. This year they are 3 and 20 months, last year they were 2 and 8 months, and then the year before my oldest was 1. I just give them a firm no when we first put the tree up, and if that doesn't work they get a quick pop on the grabbing hand. After the first day they usually just go over to the tree to look at it.

We have a traditional tree upstairs that we call the Polar Express tree because it has thick rows of blue lights spiraling down the tree at an angle, amongst the mixed colored smaller lights. Downstairs in the basement, we have a 50's diner. Here's a pic of that tree:

The tree is lovely, but I love the diner theme!

Lol I don't know if I can post from my phone. I can try. Lol

The only one I really had an issue with was my youngest son, his first Christmas he was 8 months old and he would sit by the tree and grab everything. So to solve that problem, I bought some ornaments (balls) that were unbreakable ones, put them at the bottom of the tree and the nicer ones up top. My oldest son first words no joke was pretty....We would point at the tree and say pretty....No touch. He was 14 months old. Mama and Dada don't count.

Love the 50's Diner tree! Very nice!

Here's mine. We got a new, slimmer tree last year and I can only get about half of my decorations on. What I need to do now is get some presents wrapped and under the tree, that would make it look a lot better!

CHRISTMAS047_zps883c63db.jpg

CHRISTMAS050_zps01fb6311.jpg

CHRISTMAS049_zps087feef0.jpg

CHRISTMAS045_zps8e1cc09f.jpg

• Like 1

Here's mine. We got a new, slimmer tree last year and I can only get about half of my decorations on. What I need to do now is get some presents wrapped and under the tree, that would make it look a lot better!

CHRISTMAS050_zps01fb6311.jpg

VERY PRETTY

I have become Scrooge....all my presents are in an envelope ....I do not shop anymore

CHRISTMAS049_zps087feef0.jpg

CHRISTMAS045_zps8e1cc09f.jpg

Updated photo.

In my defense, we have 5 kids, 1 son in law, 2 soon to be daughter in laws, 5 grandkids, a plethora of nieces and nephews, and each other of course, that we buy for.

And we shop smart.

And I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!!!

tree2013_zps4bd5a48b.jpg

I'm coming to your house for Christmas!! ;)