Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
Dallas Bigfoot

What's Going On In Front Of County Offices

I've been out of town and drove by the new courthouse and saw all those survey flags and gound had been bull dozed. What are they building there or are they expanding the parking lot?

Construction for the toll road to gain access to the International Paulding Airport :ninja:

Don't give them idea's.....:aggressive: :angry: :p :D

• Like 1

Don't give them idea's.....:aggressive: :angry: :p :D

I suggest they tax the Tunnel Entrance's Constuction.

We will get more use out of this than we are the Film Studio $5 million bond.

And we know just as much about the tunnel details as we do the airport deal with Propeller.

It's amazing how similar the tunnels, firm studio and airport are. And only one of these is comical fantasy.

• Like 4

I've been out of town and drove by the new courthouse and saw all those survey flags and gound had been bull dozed. What are they building there or are they expanding the parking lot?

Oh, you didn't hear about the new $2 million dollar amphitheater and park they are putting in there yet? No lie.

Well thinking back, I think the county is using more SPLOST money to build a park complete with an outdoor theater. Seems like they wanted to tie it in to the Silver Comet Trail. I did request a water feature so the bikers and walkers could cool down, at least a misting station.

Not sure if this is being paid for with SPLOST funds already collected or they are banking on future SPLOST funds. What happens if SPLOST is not passed next time? If we have money to burn with SPLOST funds, I don't see it making it through next time. :)

Hmmmm doesn't look like this was on the list of projects.........must be new.

http://www.examiner.com/article/paulding-county-splost-to-be-on-the-july-election-ballot

SPLOST comes up again in 2016, wonder if we really need that extra 1% sales tax.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Well thinking back, I think the county is using more SPLOST money to build a park complete with an outdoor theater. Seems like they wanted to tie it in to the Silver Comet Trail. I did request a water feature so the bikers and walkers could cool down, at least a misting station.

Not sure if this is being paid for with SPLOST funds already collected or they are banking on future SPLOST funds. What happens if SPLOST is not passed next time? If we have money to burn with SPLOST funds, I don't see it making it through next time. :)

Hmmmm doesn't look like this was on the list of projects.........must be new.

http://www.examiner.com/article/paulding-county-splost-to-be-on-the-july-election-ballot

SPLOST comes up again in 2016, wonder if we really need that extra 1% sales tax.

Sure we need the SPLOST we have sidewalks to no where surely they want a sidewalk to the new intentional Airport We got to be like Atlanta And clayton County ya'll

• Like 1

Sure we need the SPLOST we have sidewalks to no where surely they want a sidewalk to the new intentional Airport We got to be like Atlanta And clayton County ya'll

You know I have always voted for Splost, but 2016 might be a year to really think about it. Seems like they

have more money than they need. or better still not spending it for what we need.

I saw this online the other day. This was built with 100% SPLOST. I'd much rather ALL people who come thru the county pay than have my taxes go up to fund much needed projects like this.

http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/groups/small-business/p/chamber-hosts-ribbon-cutting-for-seven-hill-connector

Here is an article about it. It's paid with Parks and Recreation allocated SPLOST.

http://neighbornewspapers.com/view/full_story/23090381/article-County-takes-bids-on-new-park--amphitheater

Edited by Tahoe

So I guess if we don't vote for SPLOST again, our property taxes will go up. Sounds like they're going to do what they want anyway, with or without funding in place.

So I guess if we don't vote for SPLOST again, our property taxes will go up. Sounds like they're going to do what they want anyway, with or without funding in place.

No that's not what I meant...OH My GOSH, it is to early to argue/gripe about taxes. I was just commenting. Bye...going to fix my coffee. :drinks:

No that's not what I meant...OH My GOSH, it is to early to argue/gripe about taxes. I was just commenting. Bye...going to fix my coffee. :drinks:

I wasn't referring to your post, but rather the article I posted earlier. Sorry. :blush:

If voters decide to vote down the SPLOST program, the county stated that without the extension of the SPLOST program, most of the badly needed proposed projects could not be accomplished leading to a possible result of a millage rate increase (property tax increase) in order to fund the projects.

So, a $2 million ampitheater and park are badly need County projects now?

Don't forget the sidewalks and the bike trail from down town Dallas to the new park We really needed those also

• Like 1

Don't forget the sidewalks and the bike trail from down town Dallas to the new park We really needed those also

Whitey, what is your problem? Why are you such a sour puss when it comes to anything the county or city builds, buys, does, etc? If you have such wonderful ideas and so smart why don't you run for commission....I'm sure you will be the Anti-Christ to the county after all.

Also, just because your a bump on the log with no desire for outdoor activity doesn't mean that some of us don't use sidewalks to run and walk on and ENJOY life.

Edited by Tahoe

Does that mean we can have some decent concerts come to Paulding? That would be so Awesome!!! And no, I'm not talking Country! Beats going to Atlanta.

And we sure could use some sidewalks on Old Cartersville Road. I never understood why this town didn't have sidewalks except for downtown.

Does that mean we can have some decent concerts come to Paulding? That would be so Awesome!!! And no, I'm not talking Country! Beats going to Atlanta.

And we sure could use some sidewalks on Old Cartersville Road. I never understood why this town didn't have sidewalks except for downtown.

Because the po dunk people want to keep it simple. Sidewalks are too urban.

TAHOE,

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions (on any topic), but why do your posts always come across so mean and hostile? I mean, this is a community discussion forum, sometimes I might agree with you on a issue, sometimes not, sometimes I might not care.

It just seems like you wouldn't be a very pleasant person to know in "real" life based on the comments I've seen you submit.

Just sayin'...

• Like 1

Whitey, I read above you are now opposed to a local park?? You rant about not liking the airport stuff because the people didn't get to have a say in it. Unless I am mistaking, we all got to vote on SPLOST which at least in part was supposed to be used to build parks. These Commissioners can't win with you and your crowd. How dare they construct a park that the citizens voted for on land the county already owned that quite frankly looked like crap in front of the new public courthouse anyway.

I saw the plan of the park they put up on a board near the entrance, I love it! It's about time this county had a nice place to have a concert or a show of some kind. The walking trails and open areas look great too. I didn't see the sidewalks connecting it to the Silver Comet Trial and the City of Dallas, maybe that comes later, but it's a good idea.

Because the po dunk people want to keep it simple. Sidewalks are too urban.

LOL The citizens are now po dunk people. Very funny, very country. :clapping:

Enough of the banter. What's being built? Doesn't anyone have a clue????

THANKS>>>>>>

A couple of million dollar park. That is all.

• Like 1

You mean like our taxes weren't gonna go up last time if we didn't vote for it (which I still didn't vote for it on principle), and then THE VERY NEXT DAY they raised taxes on account of some "miscalculation" or some such crap? Riiiiight.

You mean like our taxes weren't gonna go up last time if we didn't vote for it (which I still didn't vote for it on principle), and then THE VERY NEXT DAY they raised taxes on account of some "miscalculation" or some such crap? Riiiiight.

Yea, they will get you one way or the other. And then, unaccountable for an error in calculations. I am happy there is a watch group out there (long time coming) that is looking at the spending the County is doing with either "happy" SPLOST funds that are creating long term maintenance needs, or just calling them out on frivolous deals. How is the Hiram Studio doing?? Last I heard, taxpayers are on the hook for 5 million, not to mention the operating costs YTD. I honestly wish these business endeavors would work for the people of Paulding County......JOBS!!. But what has the movie studio produced? A HUGE financial burden!!!

Yea, they will get you one way or the other. And then, unaccountable for an error in calculations. I am happy there is a watch group out there (long time coming) that is looking at the spending the County is doing with either "happy" SPLOST funds that are creating long term maintenance needs, or just calling them out on frivolous deals. How is the Hiram Studio doing?? Last I heard, taxpayers are on the hook for 5 million, not to mention the operating costs YTD. I honestly wish these business endeavors would work for the people of Paulding County......JOBS!!. But what has the movie studio produced? A HUGE financial burden!!!

I did read or hear the Film Studio has created 1 job.

• Like 1

Whitey, I read above you are now opposed to a local park?? You rant about not liking the airport stuff because the people didn't get to have a say in it. Unless I am mistaking, we all got to vote on SPLOST which at least in part was supposed to be used to build parks. These Commissioners can't win with you and your crowd. How dare they construct a park that the citizens voted for on land the county already owned that quite frankly looked like crap in front of the new public courthouse anyway.

I saw the plan of the park they put up on a board near the entrance, I love it! It's about time this county had a nice place to have a concert or a show of some kind. The walking trails and open areas look great too. I didn't see the sidewalks connecting it to the Silver Comet Trial and the City of Dallas, maybe that comes later, but it's a good idea.

This was a brilliant idea. I've always enjoyed sitting, walking or trying to listen to a concert on the side of a busy 4 lane highway with the breeze from the 18 wheelers blowing through my hair.

Enough of the banter. What's being built? Doesn't anyone have a clue????

THANKS>>>>>>

A 3.65 million dollar park with a concert ampitheatre next to the 4 lane. These folks are geniuses I tell you.

• Like 1

Almost as dumb of an idea as the sidewalk to nowhere and the ridiculous airport.

Do something useful with our tax money.

Build a revenue generating, family-oriented place for families to come and enjoy.

Look how much money and traffic places like the Atlanta Zoo and Wildlife Animal Safari bring in.

The Animal Safari is in a Podunk town but yet people are always traveling to enjoy it.

We need something fun, useful and prosperous in our town.

It took about 3,000 voters to vote in a Fire Tax for 2 mils that just pays for personnel for the fire department. Not much published about it but we are pay for it. I guess the public would like to vote on every job posting at the county. I disagree on a lot of things and when the next election is I will vote against the whole bunch.

I thought they were putting a amphitheater in at the New unfinished Burnt Hickory Park.

It was in the original plans,along with 2 ponds and walking trails.

Which one of our esteem commissioners came up with this gem? Was it done with bonds or are we suddenly going to need a change in the mill rate? If you recall the millage was raised because of the lowering of property values. Do you really believe the rate will go back down when property values go back up? Not in our life time. Once they get the money and get more from taxes they will just keep itand dream of more projects that the tax payers don't won't. Didn't this happen before with other commissioners.........hhhmmmm.

Parking lot expansion & a walking trail.